Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,954 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House - TV/Movies (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House (288553 Views)

Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread / Nigerians Storm Gotv Facebook Page Over WWE / Rachel Johnson Goes Topless On Live TV Show During Brexit Discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (298) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:01am On Jul 19, 2019
[quote author=Kaycee7 post=80413370][/quote]

spot on grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 2:42pm On Jul 19, 2019
pu7pl3:

With his larger than life persona....I don't think so

He will get called up when there is something reasonable for him to do
That's what people said about Balor and Nakamura.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 5:37pm On Jul 19, 2019
Kaycee7:
That's what people said about Balor and Nakamura.

for me balor and Nakamura especially balor has had a good run in WWE unlike some other nxt call ups
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 8:30pm On Jul 19, 2019
BOBBY!......hit em with your favourite pose...

[img]https://media./images/bf32781f2a7de49f2c2e7ca768a64108/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Gidah: 8:44pm On Jul 19, 2019
Trust me velveteen dream is gonna end like the 2 fashion police guys forgotten there name
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:31pm On Jul 21, 2019
Okay...Iuwe...please make your point again
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 21, 2019
pu7pl3:
Okay...Iuwe...please make your point again
There was a time it was called WWF the days of bogey man, bloody bruck not this PG-13 version, stone cold, Finley, hulk Hogan, The Rock, gold dust, hell undertaker not the PG-13 version, Kane with mask, Van damm, triple H with the hammer, Bobby lashly. This people made wrestling great to me. The blood, the pain, the tears, the hate etc. I live for them but now the show has gone to the sewers.

Watch the series "Glow", you would understand why the name changed from WWF to WWE.

Please, wrestling lovers, don't crucify me here ooooh cry
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:47pm On Jul 21, 2019
iuwe:
There was a time it was called WWF the days of bogey man, bloody bruck not this PG-13 version, stone cold, Finley, hulk Hogan, The Rock, gold dust, hell undertaker not the PG-13 version, Kane with mask, Van damm, triple H with the hammer, Bobby lashly. This people made wrestling great to me. The blood, the pain, the tears, the hate etc. I live for them but now the show has gone to the sewers.

Watch the series "Glow", you would understand why the name changed from WWF to WWE.

Please, wrestling lovers, don't crucify me here ooooh cry

The semantics that existed during their time are at a minimum now....that blood you usually see were not inflicted by the opponent's,some of them were inflicted on themselves during the match...either the ref hands them a razor to make a small cut or they hide the razor in their wrist bands or head bands ..I'm the case of a very bloody match it's usually blood pellets aka fake blood... backstage behind the cameras everybody is cool and professional except maybe if they have normal quarrels like humans do....

Wrestling now is pg-13 cos they want to reach out to more audience and it's that rating that actually makes them relevant in pop culture in this new era

The wrestlers are more athletic and agile and perform more complicated and believable stunts than their predecessors....I agree it was really fun then with all the over the top R-rated shenanigans but if you are looking for a blend of pro-wrestling technicality and entertainment this is the best era so far...these crop of wrestlers are the most talented yet
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jul 21, 2019
pu7pl3:

The semantics that existed during their time are at a minimum now....that blood you usually see were not inflicted by the opponent's,some of them were inflicted on themselves during the match...either the ref hands them a razor to make a small cut or they hide the razor in their wrist bands or head bands ..I'm the case of a very bloody match it's usually blood pellets aka fake blood... backstage behind the cameras everybody is cool and professional except maybe if they have normal quarrels like humans do....

Wrestling now is pg-13 cos they want to reach out to more audience and it's that rating that actually makes them relevant in pop culture in this new era

The wrestlers are more athletic and agile and perform more complicated and believable stunts than their predecessors....I agree it was really fun then with all the over the top R-rated shenanigans but if you are looking for a blend of pro-wrestling technicality and entertainment this is the best era so far...these crop of wrestlers are the most talented yet
Most of them were real and the hatred dire. I remember when Jeff Hardy climbed to the top of the pole at the entrance of WWE and flew from the top, they went to hospital because of the injury, I remember bogey man feeding cold and dirty worms to people he defeats, I remember Kane and undertaker fights then, I remember bruck going for the kill whenever he sees his blood, van Damm hatred for Mark mayhon or whatevs, those fights even when scripted were still pure delight but nowadays you can almost see what would happen at the end of a fight. Punches are now softer, stakes lower, fights cheaper
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:04pm On Jul 21, 2019
iuwe:
Most of them were real and the hatred dire. I remember when Jeff Hardy climbed to the top of the pole at the entrance of WWE and flew from the top, they went to hospital because of the injury, I remember bogey man feeding cold and dirty worms to people he defeats, I remember Kane and undertaker fights then, I remember bruck going for the kill whenever he sees his blood, van Damm hatred for Mark mayhon or whatevs, those fights even when scripted were still pure delight but nowadays you can almost see what would happen at the end of a fight. Punches are now softer, stakes lower, fights cheaper

lol...bro most of those stunts are child's play compared to what wrestlers actually do these days(except a few like some of mankind's death defying sells) to sell the act and make it look believable cos now fans know it's scripted...NXT takeovers are good examples or you can catch and WWE payperview..the only difference is that the company actually cares more about safety,some dangerous moves have been banned and doping tests are more strict too,but still for this generation that knows it's scripted trust me it's harder for them to impress and they still do...sometimes I forget it's all scripted set...there are really innovative and difficult moves in wrestling nowadays bro
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 22, 2019
pu7pl3:

lol...bro most of those stunts are child's play compared to what wrestlers actually do these days(except a few like some of mankind's death defying sells) to sell the act and make it look believable cos now fans know it's scripted...NXT takeovers are good examples or you can catch and WWE payperview..the only difference is that the company actually cares more about safety,some dangerous moves have been banned and doping tests are more strict too,but still for this generation that knows it's scripted trust me it's harder for them to impress and they still do...sometimes I forget it's all scripted set...there are really innovative and difficult moves in wrestling nowadays bro
Granted that wrestling of today has flashy moves but I just feel it had become weak no more high stakes fights, tag team matches are won mostly by cheating, WrestleMania is less grand and money in the bank less challenging. Alas, this could just be me been too picky after CM punk my favorite wrestler left.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 8:17am On Jul 22, 2019
iuwe:
Granted that wrestling of today has flashy moves but I just feel it had become weak no more high stakes fights, tag team matches are won mostly by cheating, WrestleMania is less grand and money in the bank less challenging. Alas, this could just be me been too picky after CM punk my favorite wrestler left.
Get your hands on all Johnny Gargano's feuds. Both with Tomasso Ciampa and Adam Cole. He has a match with Adam Cole on NXT Takeover: Toronto. A 2 out of 3 falls match with a different stipulation for each fall. I'll send you a link after SummerSlam. If that match doesn't impress you, I'll rest my case.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:04am On Jul 22, 2019
iuwe:

What do you mean by high stakes match?(I just want to get your drift)....tag team matches are more technical and beautiful now than it has ever been since it's invention....the last money in the bank payperview has been the best since wrestle mania cos of the MITB ladder match itself,it has even become more challenging even veterans like randy Orton find it hard to hang around these new guys and are relegated to just doing spots during the match...and wrestle mania gets bigger every year that one is no question....
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:06am On Jul 22, 2019
iuwe:

I love Cm punk too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 22, 2019
pu7pl3:

What do you mean by high stakes match?(I just want to get your drift)....tag team matches are more technical and beautiful now than it has ever been since it's invention....the last money in the bank payperview has been the best since wrestle mania cos of the MITB ladder match itself,it has even become more challenging even veterans like randy Orton find it hard to hang around these new guys and are relegated to just doing spots during the match...and wrestle mania gets bigger every year that one is no question....
High stakes as in the impact of a wrestling tournament to an individual. If you remember when Shawn Michael fought undertaker in a loss quits wrestling match, those high stake matches are non existent or Hardy boys fights because of cheating. At times personal issues are resolved with a fight then but now undecided undecided undecided.

Tag team matches then were brutal thou less tactical, wrestler beating up referee, those unprecedented events made me love wrestling. Maybe I just love the gore of wrestling
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 22, 2019
Kaycee7:
Get your hands on all Johnny Gargano's feuds. Both with Tomasso Ciampa and Adam Cole. He has a match with Adam Cole on NXT Takeover: Toronto. A 2 out of 3 falls match with a different stipulation for each fall. I'll send you a link after SummerSlam. If that match doesn't impress you, I'll rest my case.
Al right then cool
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 1:33pm On Jul 22, 2019
iuwe:
High stakes as in the impact of a wrestling tournament to an individual. If you remember when Shawn Michael fought undertaker in a loss quits wrestling match, those high stake matches are non existent or Hardy boys fights because of cheating. At times personal issues are resolved with a fight then but now undecided undecided undecided.

Tag team matches then were brutal thou less tactical, wrestler beating up referee, those unprecedented events made me love wrestling. Maybe I just love the gore of wrestling

It's pro wrestling bro...those stipulations didn't go anywhere they still very much exist with new fun ones...Corbin recently retired Kurt angle and has been bragging about it since...triple H also recently retired Batista....doesn't mean they can't still come back later tho grin Shawn wrestled in an awful match last year....

Tag team matches were not as brutal as it is now bro...you won't understand till you sit down and watch some...the gore tho have been reduced now cos of kids and ratings but the brutality is still very much there,like more sef so they can sell it to skeptics like you...the Hardy's had to re invent themselves to be able to still hang in their old age with these new crop of wrestlers....even the refs sometimes find it hard to keep up with them,ref training is now more intense...just watch bro

That naija cliché of wrestling is boring now cos I found out it's all scripted is bullshit but what is more bullshit is thinking that the olden days wrestling was better than it is now
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 2:14pm On Jul 22, 2019
iuwe:

Then maybe NJPW is for you.

Those guys don't hold back, they beat the sh*t out of their opponents.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 22, 2019
pu7pl3:

It's pro wrestling bro...those stipulations didn't go anywhere they still very much exist with new fun ones...Corbin recently retired Kurt angle and has been bragging about it since...triple H also recently retired Batista....doesn't mean they can't still come back later tho grin Shawn wrestled in an awful match last year....

Tag team matches were not as brutal as it is now bro...you won't understand till you sit down and watch some...the gore tho have been reduced now cos of kids and ratings but the brutality is still very much there,like more sef so they can sell it to skeptics like you...the Hardy's had to re invent themselves to be able to still hang in their old age with these new crop of wrestlers....even the refs sometimes find it hard to keep up with them,ref training is now more intense...just watch bro

That naija cliché of wrestling is boring now cos I found out it's all scripted is bullshit but what is more bullshit is thinking that the olden days wrestling was better than it is now
Maybe that is my problem
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Richie0974: 9:39am On Jul 23, 2019
iuwe:
Maybe that is my problem

Maybe you should try watching AEW's PPVs from double or nothing, it's got all the high stakes and blood you'd probably want.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Andersonjr(m): 11:32am On Jul 23, 2019
So what y'all think about this past Monday night “Raw reunion”? Any ratings?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Andersonjr(m): 11:36am On Jul 23, 2019
pu7pl3:

for me balor and Nakamura especially balor has had a good run in WWE unlike some other nxt call ups
I agree with you but Nakamura's WWE career is still a little bit shaky even though he's the new intercontinental champion I'm still not yet convinced.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 1:51pm On Jul 23, 2019
Andersonjr:
I agree with you but Nakamura's WWE career is still a little bit shaky even though he's the new intercontinental champion I'm still not yet convinced.

Yea,you can say that sha
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 2:52pm On Jul 23, 2019
Andersonjr:
Just one big nostalgia trip. Nothing else.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Andersonjr(m): 3:00pm On Jul 23, 2019
Qu3sT:

Just one big nostalgia trip. Nothing else.
So i was thinking of downloading it. Is it that interesting than last week Raw?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 3:12pm On Jul 23, 2019
Andersonjr:
So i was thinking of downloading it. Is it that interesting than last week Raw?
Sure, go for it. Stone Cold, John Cena, ric flair, Hogan and DX all showed up.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Andersonjr(m): 3:20pm On Jul 23, 2019
Qu3sT:

Oh great!
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 3:30pm On Jul 23, 2019
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 4:08pm On Jul 23, 2019
Andersonjr:

It was good bro....7/10....10/10 on nostalgia...with women winning the 24/7 championship till dibiase bought it back and then maverick lost his wife grin grin ridiculous...that's why I love pro-wrestling grin
Bray Wyatt is too extra grin

Iuwe should try and watch this one even boogeyman man showed up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 4:52pm On Jul 23, 2019
Qu3sT:

Ron Simmons with the speaker shouting damn after Maria disgraced Mike again cracked me up like madt

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 5:07pm On Jul 23, 2019
pu7pl3:

Ron Simmons with the speaker shouting damn after Maria disgraced Mike again cracked me up like madt
DAMN!
I always expect it and yet am still wierdly ammused.

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (298) (Reply)

Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' / ARROW and THE FLASH fan page....... / Top 15 Nollywood Stars Who Have Passed Away In Recent Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.