Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari (40038 Views)

Electoral Act: 67 Senators Sign To Override Buhari / Electoral Amendment: Saraki, Dogara Lock Horns Over Plot To Override Buhari.. / Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by Pharaoh001(f): 10:15pm On Mar 05, 2018
Simply wasting of time. .....
Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by donc26(m): 10:17pm On Mar 05, 2018
Dannyset:
Oh! Hope na those wey override the bill go dey pay their salary sha? Dumb people full our National Assembly.
bros why the thing pain you like this? say na crime for your fellow country man to get job?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by donc26(m): 10:18pm On Mar 05, 2018
Pharaoh001:
Simply wasting of time. .....
.stfu what do you know?

2 Likes

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by okerekeikpo: 10:23pm On Mar 05, 2018
I pity Buhari peace corps have come to stay there is nothing any terrorist can do about it, Buhari should go to hell for rejecting peace corps bill

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by Akinz0126(m): 10:24pm On Mar 05, 2018
Well its quiet unfortunate that most of you guys commenting against this peace corp bill are youths keep ranting until the bill becomes reality.

No money but money dey to give Boko haram? abi? Senate know thhe rate of joblessness in present day nigeria hence they can't afford to create another crime mongers I trust my brothers down north no b small pressure dem dey give their politicians on top that bill take it or live it both senators from south and north are together on this.

Peace corp has come to stay you guys can go and jump into the lagoon for all we care

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by IMASTEX: 10:25pm On Mar 05, 2018
hammer2010:

The objective is to primarily create jobs
Lol. . .without plans on funding.
Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by Jabioro: 10:26pm On Mar 05, 2018
Can some pls list the objectives and functions of peace corps? I would be glad to also know how she is going to be get finance?..LET us think something better instead of picking recurrent bill always.

3 Likes

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by Akinz0126(m): 10:26pm On Mar 05, 2018
donc26:
bros why the thing pain you like this? say na crime for your fellow country man to get job?

Bro ah tire oooooooo dere eye go soon red na here we dey

Na peace we call am no b police
Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by mysticwarrior(m): 10:29pm On Mar 05, 2018
Jabioro:
Can some pls list the objectives and functions of peace corps? I would be glad to also know how she is going to be get finance?..LET us think something better instead of picking recurrent bill always.
it will be finance with the recovered stollen loots from Abacha, Maina, Denziani and others.

3 Likes

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by fatiuabdul: 10:29pm On Mar 05, 2018
if i hear
Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by xcolanto(m): 10:30pm On Mar 05, 2018
I pray the vetoing of peace corps bill comes to manifestation just so the same principle can be applied to the election sequence proposed by the national assembly which bubu is adamant to sign.
Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by PDPGuy: 10:30pm On Mar 05, 2018
tdayof:

The National Assembly really working for their own pocket. Be joking with the national security of the nation.

Why not make use of Veto power on actualizing state police?Why another para military outfit which will be under FG control.

Money truly does all things.

Creation of state police is a constitutional matter. The NASS cannot unilaterally craft a bill to that effect without the concurrence of at least 24 state Houses of Assembly.
Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by SOFTENGR: 10:31pm On Mar 05, 2018
dedons:
story!

whosoever stage a protest against the president's stand on the peace Corp bill should be "shot at sight"

3 Likes

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by syndrum(m): 10:33pm On Mar 05, 2018
olatade:
Methinks President Muhammadu Buhari was perfectly in order for withholding his assent to the Peace Corps Bill.

The coming into being of the bill to getting passed into Law by the National Assembly looks so suspicious as it did not emanate from the executive arm that would have taken the issue of its funding and relevance into consideration before hitting the National Assembly.

What ought to be done,rather than needless duplication of security outfits is to effectively fund the existing outfits,which should be made to take in more personnel on a regular basis. to meet up with security challenges.

Haha... I'm not a peace corps member but I'm sure you'd be convinced if you take your time to know more about this organization... it has come to presencz for the past 19years working it's way to-becoming governmental org... It was registered under allied matters as ngo without being paid.. Dont forget this org has the UN backings and it's not only parent in Nigeria alone. don't let us behaving as underdeveloped as the nation is being called. the journey of a thousand miles begins with a step, Job for 150k youth Wud go a long way in restructuring our nation.. don't be selfish, wish the nation the best.. Bubu says lack of funds is the problem, yet we're helping neighbouring countries financially. Where's is our loot refunds. Where are the money monkey and snakes carried away. Don't let us always fall in the captivity of a man that always work, save and leave money for other government to spend... If he can't do other stuff, let him assent this guy's bill and make this country developed a bit.. Our youth needs orientation, security and Jobs. Jah bless Nigerian

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:34pm On Mar 05, 2018
pedel:
Let the peace corps people go and join the police, army, navy, civil defence, fire brigades, custom or immigration. There is lasma or equivalent in every States of the federation.
The legislators can empower 1000s of those unemployed youth from their allowance.
We already have bloated civil service. I am with the president on this.
yes the civil service is bloated,

what do you want to happen to the greater number of people currently unemployed, underemployed passing through career stagnation, stunting, which are probably 10 times the size of the "bloated civil service".

bro dont you think they deserve a good life or the good things of life too? think about it. also remember the typical African leader doesn't know that the security of his people in terms of employment, citizen purchasing power et al is also his responsibility.

nigeria as it stands aptly fits those wretched nations described by Adams Smith in the wealth of nations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by tete7000(m): 10:36pm On Mar 05, 2018
Peace Corp is created to provide jobs and not solve any problem? Just an avenue to make people have access to monthly income? That can be done without the corp now. Just compile names and share the money to them every month. This country self! We are too unserious

6 Likes

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by slivertongue: 10:37pm On Mar 05, 2018
Peace Corp is dead witout presidential assent. d legislature cannot provide fundin 4dem. just employ more into d police
Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by symbianDON(m): 10:39pm On Mar 05, 2018
tomorrow now this yeye peace corps will become 'peaceless' corps while harassing innocent citizens. till now the so-called civil defense corps still don't know exactly what their duties are!

3 Likes

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by Jabioro: 10:41pm On Mar 05, 2018
mysticwarrior:
it will be finance with the recovered stollen loots from Abacha, Maina, Denziani and others.
See as you throway me laff sotey water dey commot for eyes.,l beg make you wound me,l dey think how take on my wife...

2 Likes

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:41pm On Mar 05, 2018
tete7000:
Peace Corp is created to provide jobs and not solve any problem? Just an avenue to make people have access to monthly income? That can be done without the corp now. Just compile names and share the money to them every month. This country self! We are too unserious
yes o abi my broda, it can be done without creating another security outfit but they the ogas at the top wont, instead they will be carrying out secret recruitment upandan, the country matter tire me too not only you

3 Likes

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by Godwin2real: 10:45pm On Mar 05, 2018
Open ur eyes... @least 75% of youths eyes are open to see how their govt have fail them... Npc have expose everything. Govt need to check their step b/cos many things nw is in d air

2 Likes

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by Abeyjide: 10:46pm On Mar 05, 2018
the reasons for this is as a result of bribed given to national assembly by peace corp. the funniest thing is that they already have their own candidate and not those that paid to peace corp .
they won't take up to 5% of those that paid.i still dey laf.
peace corp also using the media to influenced the bill and more people to pay.

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by EnaibeSam: 10:46pm On Mar 05, 2018
What is the objective of establishing this peace corp? What is their vision and mission? If the bill is passed, will they duplicate Nigeria police force? or what?
Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by mysticwarrior(m): 10:51pm On Mar 05, 2018
matrixme:
is this a joke or what? where is the link??
its real embrace it

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by sukar886: 10:52pm On Mar 05, 2018
bad belle everywhere na wahoo,why don't u people want ur fellow youths to secure a job...u guys are just self centered...some youths don't have money to start up a business like I do or u some of u guys do,u guys should be praying for them for buhari to sign this bill @least 150,000 will be employed...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by uniquebright: 10:53pm On Mar 05, 2018
Beautiful move. peace corp is already a don deal. bad belle against peace corp go hug transformer. ntin can stop peace corp bill.

5 Likes

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by reverdo: 10:54pm On Mar 05, 2018
Do u know that peace corps is in 80 countries of the world.do u how many agencies united States of America has.find out if it were in Nigeria they will say it is duplication of duty.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by mysticwarrior(m): 10:55pm On Mar 05, 2018
fatiuabdul:
if i hear
you don hear wetin u fit do?
Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:56pm On Mar 05, 2018
EnaibeSam:
What is the objective of establishing this peace corp?
What is their vision and mission?
If the bill is passed, will they duplicate Nigeria police force? or what?
my thoughts exactly, its gonna be a mega cesspool of unlimited corruption enterprise unless men of honour come into the picture
Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by folhenrry4flizzy(m): 10:58pm On Mar 05, 2018
#ISTANDWITHNASSONTHIS

3 Likes

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by mysticwarrior(m): 10:59pm On Mar 05, 2018
Jabioro:
See as you throway me laff sotey water dey commot for eyes.,l beg make you wound me,l dey think how take on my wife...
why u dey talk like say them take koboko take flog shagay comot for your head?
Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by Nedfed(m): 11:02pm On Mar 05, 2018
It so painful that majority of people dat condemn the ascent of NPC on social media are youth and many of them are from a poor home and background. But the main reason many of them are opposing dis is as a result of them unable to join the corp or neva want their friends to progress before them by having a job.
When Man O war was taking sum steps then to be commission, I was fully in support despite the fact that am not a member similar thing for the so called Peace corps.
The rich people are just getting rich everyday while the poor people are busy stopping each other progress.
80% of people making negative comments here are job seeker too but they are blind to see want the future hold 4 dem.

Note: Non of the so call politicians in dis country will allow is own children to do any of this jobs cos dey av already secured a fortunes for dia children. So is high time u support so that the poor including u & ur unborn children may be relief from dis hardship.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Dead As Herdsmen Attack Enugu Communities, Hundreds Flee (Graphic) / Senate President Saraki, Arrives Russia (Photos) / Photo Of EFCC's Letter To Ike Ekweremadu. Written, Signed & Sent Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.