Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari (40000 Views)

Electoral Act: 67 Senators Sign To Override Buhari / Electoral Amendment: Saraki, Dogara Lock Horns Over Plot To Override Buhari.. / Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by JAMESOJAY: 3:32am On Mar 06, 2018
Listen to yourself Nigeria is up side down and you are supporting Buhari...Don't worry unemployed armed robbers must visit you kill and steal form you amen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by baxmaich(m): 3:51am On Mar 06, 2018
after overriding the president refusal,hu do u expect to pay the corps members,ministry of finance under the president?
Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by Bobbywallexino(m): 3:59am On Mar 06, 2018
spiritedtete:
Complete waste of time and resources... Do this national assembly guys go to school at all? They must have been thinking from their anuus. Peace corp really? What for exactly... when civil guguru defence are even yet to know what their functions should be.

If they want to create jobs let them come up with a tangible schemes and not this waste of time no objective scheme.

I think efcc should start investigating something is fishy
not only efcc add icpc. Duplicating of offices have started not today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by Bobbywallexino(m): 4:57am On Mar 06, 2018
To marry new wife is not easy oo, u will see ex6tin wifes claiming of overlapping deir work to block d proposed wife from sharin d cake under their husband's pant, They forget that they are lack of some works. The exisisting para millitaries and forces will recruit minimum numbers of youts while countless of graduates are suferin of havin job. Duplicatin of offices have started yester-years. Mr president created duplicate offices, he appointed minister for state in some ministries. Am worrying about we youths, mr president promised us 3m jobs but he eased our mind wit npower. if we are not members of peace corps, we should not trash talk the organisation. financial implication? if fed govt employ youths, are dey not going to pay for dier salaries? or we shuld forget about creation. remember, nysc serving members wil soon join labor market. there is nothing left for us but to be prayerful, may almighty GOD paves way for us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by tsnsamuel(m): 5:03am On Mar 06, 2018
hammer2010:

The objective is to primarily create jobs

If that's the main objective, then I stand with the president on this matter, cos it means we will have many people who are in it only for the money not interested in safe guiding the life's they swear to protect but rather to come and exploit the citizens of this country, just like we already have it in the police, army, and the rest. If for some of those volunteers its about their passion for the nation, let them join existing military or paramilitary outfits

3 Likes

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by Oluwambo147(m): 5:17am On Mar 06, 2018
dedons:
story!

whosoever stage a protest against the president's stand on the peace Corp bill should be "shot at sight"
gbam

2 Likes

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by Keneeby(m): 5:48am On Mar 06, 2018
obstead200:
I support buhari on this.
Peace corps is simply a duplication of duties and waste of cash. There are many other ways the govt can empower the youths without throwing cash on them like that.
Being paid a salary does not mean employment is created, especially when such "employed" does not create or add value and also when the employment or job does not solve a given societal problem.
The youths shud be empowered to add value to their society, not jus to wear another khaki style and loaf around the town, conflicting duties with police, civil defense (another mistake) and other paramilitary outfits

You are myopic in your reasoning. I think you're a youth still looking for job, you are here spewing trashes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by Keneeby(m): 5:54am On Mar 06, 2018
So101:
Honestly there’s nothing wrong in believing you’re right but there is also something called facts which must always be considered. We need jobs yes but what the fvck is Peace Corps!!!! We have police! if indeed the youths want to serve there country as security personnel I think it would be wise to join existing forces. We barely have it right with the Nigerian police and their methods and some unwise people think it’s wise to add something new that duplicates an existing commission it makes no sense to me. Grow and improve the Nigerian police with the available resources and also equip and educate them. The Nigerian police have a long way to go so please there is no need to make it longer focus on what we have grow and strengthen it, but if the National Assembly thinks otherwise then maybe they can show passion by offering a part of their salaries towards the Peace Corps then and just maybe then I might feel their sentiment

Imagine a shallow reasoning from a person who went to school. A jealous police officer spotted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by oweman: 6:20am On Mar 06, 2018
So you guys expect a government under Buhari to begin to fund a terrorist organisation like IPOB well you are wrong very wrong this government has no space for terrorists they are under ban .
Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by okerekeikpo: 6:24am On Mar 06, 2018
wasyouy:
house of representative or senate can not override a bill relative to security because it does not fall into their jurisdiction. the federal republic can not approve and bill on the issue of Nigeria. it does not fall into their jurisdiction.

The peace corp is an illegal organization and would remain an illegal organization anyone found been a member of the peace corp can be arrested.. because wearing uniform under any organization is considered illegal. because the federal republic has no power to do so.. Civil defence and federal road safety holding holding gun and using it, is considered illegal .

only the military and police have power to bear arms.
now I know that you don't brain, most of guys talking trash don't even understand the trash u r talking about, Nairaland is full of kids

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by folhenrry4flizzy(m): 6:48am On Mar 06, 2018
[quote author=cooljude post=65595744]

If you check all my post, I am against this government but I support them on this peace corp stand.

What would be their duties? What would they do to differentiate them from all the security apparatus we already have? Their isn't a need for Peace corp, Civil Defence i
Good morning bro, just go through my attached file you will see that they have different duties compared to that of others. Let's all give them our support, one of our families might one day be a beneficiary of the said Organization. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by OldBeer: 6:51am On Mar 06, 2018
okerekeikpo:
now I know that you don't brain, most of guys talking trash don't even understand the trash u r talking about, Nairaland is full of kids
E pain am well well grin grin grin
Go and look for work, jobless oaf.
Bubu will veto Peace Corpse again.
Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by dukila: 6:57am On Mar 06, 2018
[quote author=folhenrry4flizzy post=65597871][/quote]
After going through the "statutory function" of the NPC, i am now, 100 percent convinced that it should not see the light of day.

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by folhenrry4flizzy(m): 7:02am On Mar 06, 2018
OldBeer:

Bro, let's all support our youth, let's give them a chance. God bless Nigeria, God bless us all.

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by laurel03(m): 7:16am On Mar 06, 2018
reverdo:
Do u know that peace corps is in 80 countries of the world.do u how many agencies united States of America has.find out if it were in Nigeria they will say it is duplication of duty.
they are voluntary organisation like boy scout
Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by okerekeikpo: 7:17am On Mar 06, 2018
OldBeer:
I'm doing better than u, I just pity the jobless youths , pls get a life

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by folhenrry4flizzy(m): 7:54am On Mar 06, 2018
dukila:

After going through the "statutory function" of the NPC, i am now, 100 percent convinced that it should not see the light of day.

That means you are one of the enemies of the youth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by Toktee(m): 8:17am On Mar 06, 2018
Lipscomb:
Nonsense let the game begin.We that opposed the fake and dubious organization is more than those useless and selfish law breaker.
Are you mentally ok?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by Lipscomb(m): 8:19am On Mar 06, 2018
grin If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic.

Toktee:
Are you mentally ok?
Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by maasoap(m): 8:21am On Mar 06, 2018
EnEnPeecee:
tame this irrelevant dullard lets move ahead with development. I can see the old hag had a mission of completely destroying Nigeria and Nigerians but God will deal with him
Looks like you don't take much time looking at your parents. If they're not yet old hags themselves right now, I'm sure that they are slowly already becoming one. Lol.
Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by spiritedtete: 8:24am On Mar 06, 2018
Bobbywallexino:
not only efcc add icpc. Duplicating of offices have started not today.

Efcc stand for just finances... while Icpc does checking on promotions ethics and check balancing work related irregularities.

2 Likes

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by hopily(m): 8:25am On Mar 06, 2018
B4queen:

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2018/03/173-reps-sign-override-buharis-assent/

@iam_b4queen

Good one from our lawmakers, they are truely the peoples representatives. Nigerian youths are now slaves in other countries because of lack of jobs in the country, some have become kidnappers, arm robbers, political tugs, suicide bombers, baby factorises, human part dealers, assassins, drug dealers and users, street cultists, militants, terrorists and all other criminal acts and vices known to man. they are all in the increase all because of the level of unemployment...Since the present organisations are not creating employments for the youhts let new organizations be formed that will created employment all they need is training and they will serve instead of harming the country. #istandwithpeacecorps

2 Likes

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by maasoap(m): 8:26am On Mar 06, 2018
pedel:
Let the peace corps people go and join the police, army, navy, civil defence, fire brigades, custom or immigration. There is lasma or equivalent in every States of the federation.
The legislators can empower 1000s of those unemployed youth from their allowance.
We already have bloated civil service. I am with the president on this.
I'm not surprised by their determination to get the job done. Sahara Reporters had detailed how the slots were shared among them before they even passed the bill. I just pity the so called volunteers who have no connection with politicians that have already shared the slots among themselves.
Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by larot78: 8:33am On Mar 06, 2018
It is not Peace Corps that will, solve Naija problems now.. It's the establishment of industries and sme's .
Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by mapet: 8:42am On Mar 06, 2018
dedons:
story!

whosoever stage a protest against the president's stand on the peace Corp bill should be "shot at sight"

I agree

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by Mr3ig3oy(m): 8:47am On Mar 06, 2018
shocked shocked
Am with baba on this one.
Nigeria has less police personnel, according to UN. To police a nation very well , at least 4 police to 100 citizens. Same goes to other para military.
Our military personnel too are among the lowest force against our population.
Why not fund this agencies and expand their numbers and capacity.
They just like to act as if we are as brainless as them.
Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by lakesider(m): 8:47am On Mar 06, 2018
Akinz0126:
Well its quiet unfortunate that most of you guys commenting against this peace corp bill are youths keep ranting until the bill becomes reality.

No money but money dey to give Boko haram? abi? Senate know thhe rate of joblessness in present day nigeria hence they can't afford to create another crime mongers I trust my brothers down north no b small pressure dem dey give their politicians on top that bill take it or live it both senators from south and north are together on this.

Peace corp has come to stay you guys can go and jump into the lagoon for all we care

The only way to make people employed is to employ them to do nothing
When we have
Civil defence
Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by baron3(m): 8:50am On Mar 06, 2018
The youth of this country should be carried along ,i support the override by the honorables ,let the youth be actively engaged in governance

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by Realdeals(m): 9:09am On Mar 06, 2018
[quote author=folhenrry4flizzy post=65597871][/quote]

What you posted further butress why the Peace Corp should not be approved. All the functions you listed do not in any way add value to the nation and even the officers.
All what the Peace Corp want is Awuff money from the FG and the pride of wearing uniform to intimidate the citizens.
I'm sure the NASS members involved in the collection of signatures will be careful, the news of how Peace Corp task it's officers to pay 10K each to influence decisions is all over.
Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by K2asure: 9:56am On Mar 06, 2018
If lawmakers like they should passed it 100 times what am after is my own security. Let look at it 2 persons got involved in an accident but we had the treatment of one from Nigeria to abroad what of 2person nowhere to be found. To fund peace corps is not Nigeria problems, 1billion dollars assigned to fight boko haram my people politics is their we are talking because we have rest of mind in south come to Maiduguri if they want to signed more than peace corps to me its good. We are fighting bokoharam since 2014 till now no end.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by So101: 10:00am On Mar 06, 2018
Keneeby:

Imagine a shallow reasoning from a person who went to school. A jealous police officer spotted.
hahaha at least i shallow, you what are you? Your mumu never ripe so the name never come out! People like you need eviction from Nigeria before people will think Nigeria is full of unbranded imbeciles and retards wey dey think with belle and hunger, make hunger no kill you my brother I will keep praying for you!
Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by Hopcy(m): 10:10am On Mar 06, 2018
[quote author=B4queen post=65588273]

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2018/03/173-reps-sign-override-buharis-assent/

@iam_b4queen

If the override is successful, are they the one that will approve the appointment into the Peace Corps?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sultan: Something Worse Than Boko Haram May Emerge In The North / Court To Rule On Peter Obi, Inec’s Case On BVAS / Jonathan Visits Polling Stations In Zambia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.