Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,577 members, 7,958,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 12:15 AM

Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari (40375 Views)

Electoral Act: 67 Senators Sign To Override Buhari / Electoral Amendment: Saraki, Dogara Lock Horns Over Plot To Override Buhari.. / Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by mysticwarrior(m): 7:29am On Mar 15, 2018
Blue3k:

Just just look at budget for the other security agencies. Compare it to hiring new staff. You don't need to be a data analyst to see the obvisious.
you are using a wrong comparative analysis to draw a wrong presumption thereby making you to arrive at a boldface wrong conclusion.
Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by Blue3k(m): 2:25pm On Mar 15, 2018
mysticwarrior:
you are using a wrong comparative analysis to draw a wrong presumption thereby making you to arrive at a boldface wrong conclusion.

I'm not actually. How you think creating whole new agency is less expensive than officers in existenting agencies is ok. It doesn't make sense but you guys are free to believe want.

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by mysticwarrior(m): 3:24pm On Mar 15, 2018
Blue3k:

I'm not actually. How you think creating whole new agency is less expensive than officers in existenting agencies is ok. It doesn't make sense but you guys are free to believe want.
balderdash, the existing agencies all bear fire arms, and peace corps does not, I believe u know how much it cost to acquire these fire arms, secondly your President recently gave Boko haram £3m and released a top insurgents commander, just to swap a few chibok girls. with this action the president is indirectly funding Boko haram and making them stronger, and he doesn't want to create a new organization because he wants the insecurity problems in Nigeria to continue, read between the lines.

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by Blue3k(m): 3:51pm On Mar 15, 2018
mysticwarrior:
balderdash, the existing agencies all bear fire arms, and peace corps does not, I believe u know how much it cost to acquire these fire arms, secondly your President recently gave Boko haram £3m and released a top insurgents commander, just to swap a few chibok girls. with this action the president is indirectly funding Boko haram and making them stronger, and he doesn't want to create a new organization because he wants the insecurity problems in Nigeria to continue, read between the lines.

Lol you are funny you think guns are most expensive part of staffing the agency. It's actually payroll genius from everyone from officer to Director general. Btw what does boko Haram have to do with anything? Nigeria needs to be cutting all sorts of useless parastatals and agencies anyway. Your argument about him not wanting to create is bad. Did you forget the new agency answers to him?

The fact is creating a new agency is more expensive than hiring new officers in existing. You can't debunk that fact. Lol you think not having fire arms makes it less expensive. You also believe unarmed corps members is games changed in fight against armed terrorist who opperated via guerilla warfare.

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by mysticwarrior(m): 6:04pm On Mar 15, 2018
Blue3k:

Lol you are funny you think guns are most expensive part of staffing the agency. It's actually payroll genius from everyone from officer to Director general. Btw what does boko Haram have to do with anything? Nigeria needs to be cutting all sorts of useless parastatals and agencies anyway. Your argument about him not wanting to create is bad. Did you forget the new agency answers to him?

The fact is creating a new agency is more expensive than hiring new officers in existing. You can't debunk that fact. Lol you think not having fire arms makes it less expensive. You also believe unarmed corps members is games changed in fight against armed terrorist who opperated via guerilla warfare.

why is there no provision to strengthen the existing once?

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by Blue3k(m): 6:31pm On Mar 15, 2018
mysticwarrior:
why is there no provision to strengthen the existing once?

The national assembly didn't budget more money to the police. They've have been asking. The executive should be asking for more aswell.
Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by mysticwarrior(m): 8:12am On Mar 16, 2018
Blue3k:

The national assembly didn't budget more money to the police. They've have been asking. The executive should be asking for more aswell.
since the executives are not asking for more and we all know that we need more security in the country what do u think is the solution?
Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by Blue3k(m): 1:34pm On Mar 16, 2018
mysticwarrior:
since the executives are not asking for more and we all know that we need more security in the country what do u think is the solution?

Decentralized police and increasing number police.
Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by mysticwarrior(m): 5:54pm On Mar 16, 2018
Blue3k:

Decentralized police and increasing number police.
since the police don't want to be decentralised and strengthened their size what do u suggest?
Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by Blue3k(m): 6:12pm On Mar 16, 2018
mysticwarrior:
since the police don't want to be decentralised and strengthened their size what do u suggest?

It's not up to police to decentralise themselves. It's up to National Assembly and State Assemblies to pass a constutional amendment. The police do want to more funds to hire more officers IGP Idris already indicated this.

For instance, for an estimated national population of 180 million people, the Police Force has manpower strength of 340,000. This, according to the IGP, translates to mean that, as against the United Nation’s recommended ratio of 1:400, a Nigerian policeman has 609 citizens to police.  For effective policing, especially in the wakeof increasing rate and sophistication in crime and criminals, it is in the nation’s best interest to go along the IGP’S proposal for the “recruitment of 30,000 police officers yearly, for the next five years.

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by mysticwarrior(m): 9:21pm On Mar 16, 2018
Blue3k:

It's not up to police to decentralise themselves. It's up to National Assembly and State Assemblies to pass a constutional amendment. The police do want to more funds to hire more officers IGP Idris already indicated this.

you might be sounding right to yourself but you are far from being correct, the US have army they also have marines, they have navy and coast guard, they have FBI and CIA, are they complaining of duplication of duties? are they not doing well?. observation and wrong analysis could be made to sound right to justify preconceived opinion, that is exactly what you did and thats where you are wrong

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by Blue3k(m): 3:07pm On Mar 19, 2018
mysticwarrior:
you might be sounding right to yourself but you are far from being correct, the US have army they also have marines, they have navy and coast guard, they have FBI and CIA, are they complaining of duplication of duties? are they not doing well?. observation and wrong analysis could be made to sound right to justify preconceived opinion, that is exactly what you did and thats where you are wrong

I am right on this issue. The branches of millitary have separate responsibilities. The CIA handles overseas espionage opperatio while FBI handles domestic investigations ranging from fraud to to corruption. The solution I mentioned is decentralised police. That's the main difference between.

You complained about buhari being the focal issue then turn around tell me an unarmed agency headed by him will solve security issues. I guess this is the analysis I should be using. Who cares the peace corps is probably going to pass.

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by mysticwarrior(m): 6:08pm On Mar 19, 2018
Blue3k:

I am right on this issue. The branches of millitary have separate responsibilities. The CIA handles overseas espionage opperatio while FBI handles domestic investigations ranging from fraud to to corruption. The solution I mentioned is decentralised police. That's the main difference between.

You complained about buhari being the focal issue then turn around tell me an unarmed armed agency headed by him will solve security issues. I guess this is the analysis I should be using. Who cares the peace corps is probably going to pass.
for the police to be decentralised, it has to go through the normal legislative process of law making which am very sure it won't even passed through second reading in REP, and inasmuch as u are strongly against the establishment of peace corps, your negative opinions won't Chang the mind of the national Assembly who have taken a very bold step to pass the bill into law without requiring the president signature.

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by mysticwarrior(m): 2:58pm On Mar 21, 2018
Blue3k:

You complained about buhari being the focal issue then turn around tell me an unarmed agency headed by him will solve security issues. I guess this is the analysis I should be using. Who cares the peace corps is probably going to pass.
read the following and digest it very well.

BREAKING: Reps regazette Peace Corps, Electoral Act, other Bills

By Yemi Itodo 

The Nigerian House of Representatives, on Wednesday, reintroduced a Bill for an Act to establish Nigerian Peace Corps, which was recently rejected by President Muhammad Buhari. 

Spokesman of the House, Hon. Abdulrazak Namdas, had Wednesday last week, informed National Assembly Correspondents that, the lower chamber was going to review the Peace Corps Bill and others, which were considered as popular Bills but were rejected by the Presidency.

At the plenary of Wednesday, the Bills were gazetted and passed first reading by the lawmakers. 

Aside the Nigerian Peace Corps Bill, 2018 (HB. 89) which was being sponsored by Hon. Faruk Abdullahi); the House also regazetted the Electoral Act (Amendment) Bill, 2018 (HB. 966) and sponsored by Hon. Karimi Steve Sunday and 7 others. 

The controversial amendment Bill to the Electoral Act was rejected by the President last week. 

But Namdas, while briefing newsmen last week, said the House agreed with the President on two, out of the three reasons given for withholding assent to the Bill. 

The House therefore, resolved to regazette the Bill with the intention to remove the two controversial clauses raised by Buhari. 

Other Bills which scaled first reading include the Police Procurement Fund Establishment Bill, the Currency Conversion (Freezing Orders) Act (Amendment) Bill, Chartered Institute of Loan and Risk Management of Nigeria Bill and the Chartered Institute of Public Management of Nigeria Bill. 

Also passed first reading on Wednesday are, Environmental Health Officers (Registration, etc) Act (Amendment) Bill 2018, Chartered Institute of Exports and Commodity Brokers of Nigeria Bill and the Chartered Institute of Treasury Management (Establishment, etc.) Bill, sponsored Hon. Emmanuel Orker-Jev. 

Other Bills that passed first reading also include, Nigerian Institute for Social Work (Establishment, etc) Bill, Federal University, Wukari Establishment Bill, Industrial Development (Income Tax Relief), Intimate Image Protection Bill 2018 and Federal University of Agriculture, Jalingo establishment Bill. 

Also included are, Ajaokuta Steel Company Completion Fund Bill, 2018, Public Enterprises (Privatization and Commercialization) Act amendment Bill, Aso Villa Hospital Abuja establishment Bill, Federal University of Agriculture, Igbara Odo, Ekiti establishment Bill, Federal College of Education, Gbongan, as well as Arbitration and Conciliation Act (Repeal and Enactment) Bill.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by Godwin2real: 8:49pm On Apr 04, 2018
Imagine many people are blind, they only talk as if the govt they defend pay them above the stipend they are recieving.... Govt dont knw u, if u ask me, people are working day & night to eat frm national cake. Did u hear abt 80,000 ghost worker in police, i wonder which fund did u want the govt to give to the same parasite dat dont want nigeria to grow & nigeria peace corps to be established... Open ur eyes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I'm Shocked To Hear What Buhari’s Ex-Ministers Are Saying About Him - Kukah / Prince Uche Secondus Succeed Adamu Muazu As PDP Chairman / Man Who Was Beaten By Military Cadet On Channels TV (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.