Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,671 members, 7,823,897 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari (40053 Views)

Electoral Act: 67 Senators Sign To Override Buhari / Electoral Amendment: Saraki, Dogara Lock Horns Over Plot To Override Buhari.. / Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by oladeleabbey(m): 3:41pm On Mar 06, 2018
By the mighty name of God,Peace corps has come to stay.God will surely finish, what he has started

2 Likes

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by EssienFM(m): 5:13pm On Mar 06, 2018
#1 we have security crisis in Nigeria.. #2NPF is inadequate to save us...... #3 police is deeply corrupt.... #4 Nigerian youth deserve this job........ ##5PMB isn't concerned about the youth #6we have looted fund all over the world lieing fallow #7 Peace Corps will generate fund for the government thru service render to individuals n agencies asking for our servicez..........#my 2k fact

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by mysticwarrior(m): 8:18pm On Mar 06, 2018
FarahAideed:

I never said I support Buhari , what I meant is that I support this particular action against peace Corp..No matter how useless Buhari is remember even a dead clock is right twice a day
just look at how you are confusing yourself thinking that you are making clarification, please try not to be unreasonable here, if you are supporting "your useless president's action" it means you are supporting "your useless president" stop fooling yourself.

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by Jebosh(m): 8:33pm On Mar 06, 2018
They support buhari to continue increasing the number of men in black that full of disgusting character while rejecting peace corps that full of intellect graduates that are ready to redeem the image of our country by resolving issue without using gun to intimidate citizens. Think twice nigeria youth

4 Likes

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by Jebosh(m): 9:03pm On Mar 06, 2018
They said no money to pay salary but they can embezzle billions of naira, they promised to provide employment by giving our graduate 30k stipends through NPOWER program for 2 years and youth will be outside hunting for jobs again,Most of men in black carry luggage and protecting madam with their children while God stand for us, millions loosed jobs when they sold nepa, nitel not function again same with nigeria railway, they keep pushing billions to ajaokuta but no result, our refineries are not working, so tell me what government are doing to end the unemployment issue? But they can spend billions to search for bokoharam instead of engaging the youth, so that evil people will not see them as device to use for terrorism and thugs during d election time. We keep attacking those people that are ready to find something to do instead of roaming street. Nigeria youth e ronu

2 Likes

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by mysticwarrior(m): 9:09pm On Mar 06, 2018
Jebosh:
They said no money to pay salary but they can embezzle billions of naira, they promised to provide employment by giving our graduate 30k stipends through NPOWER program for 2 years and youth will be outside hunting for jobs again,Most of men in black carry luggage and protecting madam with their children while God stand for us, millions loosed jobs when they sold nepa, nitel not function again same with nigeria railway, they keep pushing billions to ajaokuta but no result, our refineries are not working, so tell me what government are doing to end the unemployment issue? But they can spend billions to search for bokoharam instead of engaging the youth, so that evil people will not see them as device to use for terrorism and thugs during d election time. We keep attacking those people that are ready to find something to do instead of roaming street. Nigeria youth e ronu
very impressive write up.

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by maclatunji: 9:11pm On Mar 06, 2018
Jebosh:

What will be the duty of the Peace Corp?
Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 06, 2018
chiteny:

And that's the way sane societies create jobs? By duplicating functions?

Any country whose greatest job employment agency is the Government is doomed for failure, especially one who duplicates job function for this purpose!

Thought the sarcasm in my post was apparent undecided
Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by Jebosh(m): 10:50pm On Mar 06, 2018
maclatunji:

What will be the duty of the Peace Corp?
you can google search pls

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by maclatunji: 11:04pm On Mar 06, 2018
Jebosh:
you can google search pls

Okay, the Peace Corp will stay on Google then.
Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by Akinz0126(m): 12:07am On Mar 07, 2018
saintdeby:
you don't have common sense, how my times are they giving BH Money? u will now be funding it for the next 20years

See who is talking about common sense?

Oponu You guys no nothing about the reason buhari fail to sign that bill Awon dundee
Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by Nedfed(m): 12:11am On Mar 07, 2018
Godwin2real:
@nedfed true talk
Uwcm
Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:39am On Mar 07, 2018
mysticwarrior:
"all we shd do is crave for restructuring of d country...den proper strengthen of our security forces" is the creation of peace corp not a way of strengthening the security of this country? are u this dumb.
oga we don't need peace corps let it remain a volunteer force....lets strengthen the ones we have...OK..u d one dumb here.....
Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by mysticwarrior(m): 5:59am On Mar 07, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:
oga we don't need peace corps let it remain a volunteer force....lets strengthen the ones we have...OK..u d one dumb here.....
if u don't need peace corps then do something, don't just sit down there and be crying like a helpless widow, Go to the house of REP and SENATE to confront them physically and stop them from passing NPC bill into law, if you can do that I will surely award you with a present for Bravery, but knowing fully well that u don't have the slightest gut to do that I suggest you shut that your infested mount so u don't contaminate the rest of us with airborne disease emitting from that your garbage mouth.

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by Jebosh(m): 7:13am On Mar 07, 2018
[quote author=maclatunji post=65622888]

Okay, the Peace Corp will stay on Google then. [/quot u funny, can't continue exchanging word with you because we can't reason samy way.

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by Jebosh(m): 7:15am On Mar 07, 2018
maclatunji:

Okay, the Peace Corp will stay on Google then.
u funny, can't exchange word with because we can't reason same way.

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by kcwhyte: 12:38pm On Mar 07, 2018
I am fully in support of NASS. But it is a pity how some ignorants who have no knowledge of what d corps stand for, are criticizing it. Worst of all many if them r jobless, instead of them to seize this opportunity to get employed, they are there posting rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by mysticwarrior(m): 1:46pm On Mar 07, 2018
pedel:
Let the peace corps people go and join the police, army, navy, civil defence, fire brigades, custom or immigration. There is lasma or equivalent in every States of the federation.
The legislators can empower 1000s of those unemployed youth from their allowance.
We already have bloated civil service. I am with the president on this.
you are making your points out of unreasonable assumption, how many times have u seen the existing security body coming out to make recruitment in large numbers? since there is a very slim chances of joining the existing security bodies, the Nigerian youths have decided to use that opportunity to be enlisted in peace corps. outrightly, there are army, navy, police custom, and nscdc officers who have relatives in peace corps and want it to be fully established.

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by pedel: 3:40pm On Mar 07, 2018
I don't normally respond to comments like this.
However, I like to ask you a question: What is the primary function of the Peace Corps? Providing employment or protecting people?
By your logic, are you saying Boys Scouts and Boys Brigades too should be absorbed into civil service so they can start earning money?
The duty of the Government is not to provide employment but to create enabling an environment where people can create businesses and employ others. Nigerian youth are just asking the government what is not in their job description.
I know a man in Osun State, Nigeria who pays over 8 million naira monthly on wages. Imagine having 100 people like that in that state.
I suggest you read this book: The Entrepreneurial State by Mariana Mazzucato.

mysticwarrior:
you are making your points out of unreasonable assumption, how many times have u seen the existing security body coming out to make recruitment in large numbers? since there is a very slim chances of joining the existing security bodies, the Nigerian youths have decided to use that opportunity to be enlisted in peace corps. outrightly, there are army, navy, police custom, and nscdc officers who have relatives in peace corps and want it to be fully established.
Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:17pm On Mar 07, 2018
mysticwarrior:
if u don't need peace corps then do something, don't just sit down there and be crying like a helpless widow, Go to the house of REP and SENATE to confront them physically and stop them from passing NPC bill into law, if you can do that I will surely award you with a present for Bravery, but knowing fully well that u don't have the slightest gut to do that I suggest you shut that your infested mount so u don't contaminate the rest of us with airborne disease emitting from that your garbage mouth.
shebi Na u pay d moni afta dem pass d bill...very foolish person like u since u can't put ur case logically....i don't see any need for peace corps...
Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by mysticwarrior(m): 4:28pm On Mar 07, 2018
pedel:
I don't normally respond to comments like this.
However, I like to ask you a question: What is the primary function of the Peace Corps? Providing employment or protecting people?
By your logic, are you saying Boys Scouts and Boys Brigades too should be absorbed into civil service so they can start earning money?
The duty of the Government is not to provide employment but to create enabling an environment where people can create businesses and employ others. Nigerian youth are just asking the government what is not in their job description.
I know a man in Osun State, Nigeria who pays over 8 million naira monthly on wages. Imagine having 100 people like that in that state.
I suggest you read this book: The Entrepreneurial State by Mariana Mazzucato.

. the establishment of peace corp will help in the reduction of unemployment and criminality to an understandable level, let me quickly remind you that majority of Nigerian youths who are fighting for Boko haram in the north east, militants in the Niger Delta, do that as a result of idleness. others are into kidnapping , armed robbery, cybercrime, rituals and prostitution. have you ever visited a Nigerian jail, and how do you feel when you hear of Nigerian youths who are arrested and given death sentences in foreign countries for drug trafficking? you said "the duty of the Government is not to provide employment
but to create enabling environment where people can
create businesses and employ others" you are very wrong, the duty of the government is to provide all means of making life more suitable for its citizen and give them adequate security, what other way can be better for a govt to show care than providing employment for its citizens? pls don't be a bad Nigerian who is trying to prevent his fellow country man from having opportunity to an honest living

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by pedel: 5:25pm On Mar 07, 2018
Bross, You won. I give up.

mysticwarrior:
. the establishment of peace corp will help in the reduction of unemployment and criminality to an understandable level, let me quickly remind you that majority of Nigerian youths who are fighting for Boko haram in the north east, militants in the Niger Delta, do that as a result of idleness. others are into kidnapping , armed robbery, cybercrime, rituals and prostitution. have you ever visited a Nigerian jail, and how do you feel when you hear of Nigerian youths who are arrested and given death sentences in foreign countries for drug trafficking? "The duty of the Government is not to provide employment
but to create enabling an environment where people can
create businesses and employ others" you are very wrong, the duty of the government is to provide all means of making life more suitable for its citizen and give them adequate security, what other way can be better for a govt than to providing employment for its citizens? pls don't be a bad Nigerian who is trying to prevent his fellow country man from having opportunity to an honest living
Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by Godwin2real: 12:08pm On Mar 08, 2018
I see plenty reason to establishment of npc @ least it wil bring more chances to apply 4 job incase if other agency reject ur app n u wil stil have npc to try another scond chance.

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by obstead200(m): 9:33pm On Mar 08, 2018
Abeyjide:

you too much. when they veto the bill, some people will enter lagoon cos those national assembly guys already took 90% of it.
don't mind them.

In fact, if I was buhari, u would tell NASS that I will accept the bill if only they cut down their salary, wardrobe allowance housing allowance, constituency allowance etc by half. So that I can see the funds to pay the peace corps

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by obstead200(m): 9:38pm On Mar 08, 2018
Keneeby:

You are myopic in your reasoning. I think you're a youth still looking for job, you are here spewing trashes.
chai!!!!!
The issue pain u!!!!!
Call a spade a spade. The duty of the govt is not to employ its citizens but to create an enabling environment for business that will employ pple to thrive.
If u can't appreciate this common sense, then please jus go and sleep. Ur case is in synagogue church
Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by obstead200(m): 9:40pm On Mar 08, 2018
Godwin2real:
I see plenty reason to establishment of npc @ least it wil bring more chances to apply 4 job incase if other agency reject ur app n u wil stil have npc to try another scond chance.
wrong logic. I no sure say u follow for the leaders if 2mrw with this ur mediocre mindset
Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by Godwin2real: 10:53pm On Mar 08, 2018
That was a rap: is time govt change their mindset, nigeria govt keep try cure what ever problem that araise instead to Prevention, we all knw that prevention is better than cure, that is what nigeria peace corps stand for... Youths are suffering no empowerment: d little empowerment we see is been share among them. If u ask me npc wil break the hand our leaders are using on us... My previous comment is just a rap. Just remember npc bill is also called Peoples bill which u knw what it means, because is not a good thing to reject wat wil help everybody.

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by mysticwarrior(m): 8:07am On Mar 09, 2018
obstead200:
don't mind them.

In fact, if I was buhari, u would tell NASS that I will accept the bill if only they cut down their salary, wardrobe allowance housing allowance, constituency allowance etc by half. So that I can see the funds to pay the peace corps
you sounded like a Nigerian who has been outmanoeuvred and mesmerized to accept deceit from a lying president. what happened to the 11 trillion the Buhari administration has borrowed so far, what happened to the 90 billion recovered from Diezani's embezzlement? where is the 142 billion naira Abacha's loots that was refunded by world bank in 2016? what about the 2 billion naira found at Andrew yakubu's garage? and the the 17 billion naira pension fraud by abdurasheed maina? what has Buhari done so far with all these money? who is looting the loots, and who are the snakes, monkeys and crocodiles swallowing the money? pls don't be deceived, these money can be used to fund any establishment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by mysticwarrior(m): 8:28am On Mar 09, 2018
obstead200:
chai!!!!!
The issue pain u!!!!!
Call a spade a spade. The duty of the govt is not to employ its citizens but to create an enabling environment for business that will employ pple to thrive.
If u can't appreciate this common sense, then please jus go and sleep. Ur case is in synagogue church

you said "The duty of the govt is not to employ
its citizens but to create an enabling environment for
business that will employ pple to thrive"? well that is just your opinion and you are far from being correct. the duty of the government is to provide an understandable standard of living for its citizens, by setting up means through which its citizens would be engaged and get favourable returns to enable them take care of their basic needs. another major duty of the government is to protect its citizens against internal and external aggression by giving them formidable security. the establishment of peace corps is a perfect example of the duty of a govt to be demonstrated by this political dispensation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by Blue3k(m): 10:04pm On Mar 14, 2018
This was a dumb decision why not increase funding for other security agencies. Oh well who cares about logic when goal was to create jobs for political patronage. I guess everyone forgot who much these new departments swallow.

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by mysticwarrior(m): 4:49am On Mar 15, 2018
Blue3k:
This was a dumb decision why not increase funding for other security agencies. Oh well who cares about logic when goal was to create jobs for political patronage. I guess everyone forgot who much these new departments swallow.
and we would appreciate it if you could give us a statistical analysis of "WHO MUCH THESE NEW DEPARTMENTS WILL SWALLOW"?

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari by Blue3k(m): 5:01am On Mar 15, 2018
mysticwarrior:
and we would appreciate it if you could give us a statistical analysis of "WHO MUCH THESE NEW DEPARTMENTS WILL SWALLOW"?

Just just look at budget for the other security agencies. Compare it to hiring new staff. You don't need to be a data analyst to see the obvisious.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

DSS Charges Godwin Emefiele To Court / Serious Fighting In Zaria / Saraki, Ekweremadu Will Be Sent Packing Next Week – Senator Marafa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.