Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How (55381 Views)

How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals / "10 Years After Leaving Home, I Bought A House" - Ghanaian Lady / CBN Reveals How Nigerians Can Own A New Home, Pay Within 25 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by jesicajonna(m): 12:26pm On Mar 07, 2018
Praise the lord..""ti isu enibata aa n fi owo boni"" :- undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by Alvin007: 12:27pm On Mar 07, 2018
LaudableXX:

I will reject it, if I am not convinced there is adequate oil in commercial quantity in that block, or if I do not believe adequate gas that can be monetised, exists within that block. sad sad Exploration activities costs hundreds of thousands of US dollars, from hiring the rig to pumping out the crude through flow stations. So why should I throw good money after bad? In a venture riddled with uncertainty?

Do you know how many people received oil blocks, but were not able to get an operator to partner with them and drill for oil, until such licenses expired? It was because the foreign operators or exploration companies were NOT convinced that those oil blocks were viable, and that they could make their money back from it! shocked

You ‘will’ reject it, or you rejected it?...since she said ‘everyone’ rejected it. undecided
Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by busjeep: 12:28pm On Mar 07, 2018
Some people are just too evil and "bad belly" to celebrate God's goodness over the lives of others... Rejoice with them that rejoice so goodness will reach you. grin
Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by MacBan: 12:28pm On Mar 07, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Be ye not deceived.

Thieves, ritualists and prostitutes also share their testimonies in church.
They only tell us that God has blessed them, but they never say what they did.

That white baby the woman is carrying says a lot about the source of her breakthrough.
It obviously came from the same place (ohere) the baby came.

You are a wise being... smiley

3 Likes

Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by Narldon: 12:28pm On Mar 07, 2018
livebynite:

Brotherly !!

A brother in garri

May you walk and never thirst

Garri saves so many lives

Garri ends wars

Garri is the beginning and the end
The yesterday today and tomorrow

cheesy

I hail you bro

3 Likes

Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by LaudableXX: 12:29pm On Mar 07, 2018
Alvin007:
You ‘will’ reject it, or you rejected it?...since she said ‘everyone’ rejected it. undecided
Google information on that block and all the activities that took place, before govt decided to throw open the oil block to Nigerians to buy.
Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by timmydahpeace(f): 12:29pm On Mar 07, 2018
congrats!!!

well in the absence of any other achievement kindly follow up on instagram IG timmydahpeace and @timmydahpeace
Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by Alvin007: 12:30pm On Mar 07, 2018
LaudableXX:

Google information on that block and all the activities that took place, before govt decided to throw open the oil block to Nigerians to buy.

I already did...just didn’t like the way she sounded like it was ‘completely’ written off..I hope she knows she has a fan?.. tongue cheesy
Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by yemi15(m): 12:31pm On Mar 07, 2018
PastorandMentor:
Call it motivation Wednesday, then you won't be wrong

Facebook user Princess Tholu E Fholarin, narrates how she bought a house in Canada even after the death of her father in 1997. She also narrates how she sold pure water in the streets of Lagos.. and how she managed to school and work part time to take care of herself
Read what she wrote

https://mbasic.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10215459663545596&id=1258316286&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.10215459663545596%3Atl_objid.10215459663545596%3Athrowback_story_fbid.10215459663545596%3Athid.1258316286%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1522565999%3A6904129990133050023&__tn__=%2As-R

The trust and obey God ones have come again smh

Aunty, just say you were favoured and stop all these tales by moonlight stories!
Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by FarahAideed: 12:31pm On Mar 07, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Be ye not deceived.

That white baby the woman is carrying says a lot about the source of her breakthrough.
It obviously came from the same tunnel the baby came.

Bad guy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by yemi15(m): 12:32pm On Mar 07, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Be ye not deceived.

Abi, madam even favoured herself to add to God's favour smh
Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by yemi15(m): 12:34pm On Mar 07, 2018
goodnewscliff:
Dats d results of determination nd focus

Continu o, determination and focus to receive kondo from white man to change levels abi?

1 Like

Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by LaudableXX: 12:35pm On Mar 07, 2018
Alvin007:
I already did...just didn’t like the way she sounded like it was ‘completely’ written off..I hope she knows she has a fan?.. tongue cheesy

I am not a fan. undecided I just work in the industry and I know a lot of things, that you do not know about the sector.

OPL 216: A block No One Wanted

As unbelievable as it may sound today, OPL 216 was an oil block that no one wanted. Not even the IOCs. Why?

The OPL 216 acreage is located in the deep offshore area in the Gulf of Guinea, in water depths of over 1,300 metres (1.3 kilometres). At the time of award, the block had no known proven reserve, and was considered uneconomically viable by IOCs. In addition, even if there were proven commercial reserves, because of its location and water depth, it would require significant capital and expensive but not proven deep-water technology to explore and develop. Deepwater offshore technology was still at its infancy then. There were no Floating Production Storage and offloading (FPSO) terminals available then. Thus several IOCs rejected the block when the Nigerian government offered it to them for almost nothing.

Enter Famfa Oil

Famfa Oil, owned by Mr. and Mrs. Alakija, applied for and was awarded OPL 216 in 1993. .....

Two things strike me about this story which disputes this allegation and lends credence to Mrs. Alakija’s entrepreneurial status, tenacity and focus as the main reason she got the block. First is the fact that Famfa Oil was incorporated in 1991, obviously when the first round of awards was issued and granted. This shouldn’t be strange as all Nigerian companies awarded OPL licenses to were also incorporated then. Her company Famfa, clearly wasn’t favoured in that first round, despite her supposed closeness to the then first lady.

Second is that Mrs. Alakija must have had a very clear vision of her future, and didn’t “stumble luckily” into big oil. Despite a price tag of US$1.5 million, she still persisted and went ahead to apply for an oil prospecting license for a second time, two years after her first attempt. Mrs. Alakija certainly did not set out to acquire OPL 216. She was only “unfortunate” to be awarded the block no one wanted.

Now was Mrs. Alakija and Famfa Oil undeservedly awarded the OPL by the IBB regime? The answer is clearly “No” as the award of the OPL to Mrs. Alakija and her company followed the rule of law, and the guidelines for discretionary awards. Mrs. Alakija must have met all requirements leading to the award, or eventually perfected them with time, as many in her shoes did then. In addition, the award of the OPL to Mrs. Alakija had no conflict of interest, as is the case with OPL 245 (Malabu Oil). https://opinion.premiumtimesng.com/2018/02/27/folorunso-alakijas-oil-block-a-model-of-nigerian-elite-racketeering-by-odion-omonfoman/

1 Like

Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by marvin906(m): 12:36pm On Mar 07, 2018
divicode:

Evil people will always agree

Continue wallowing in your poverty-stricken lives

OK IF YOU SAY SO cool cool

1 Like

Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by tunary(m): 12:36pm On Mar 07, 2018
Either she got married to a Canadian man or she sold her V A G I N A like prostitution � to a white man in a special way.

nothing is ever hidden under the sun.

For her to succeed na God sha because others may go through same channel but won't achieve as much as this
Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by Adefemiaderoju1: 12:37pm On Mar 07, 2018
Did you buy the house in cash or mortgage because according to what you said, you moved to Canada in 2015 under 2years plus you bought a house, I doubt it until you clarify yourself.
Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by Johnny1013(m): 12:37pm On Mar 07, 2018
congrats ma..... more ororo to ur elbow
Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by yemi15(m): 12:38pm On Mar 07, 2018
Acidosis:
You were selling pure water and suddenly you got the money and the links to fly to Canada for study. The story did not add up.

Majority of pure water sellers in Lagos cannot afford a trip to Accra, talk more of Canada. Tell us in succession how you made your money or stfu.
I'm so tired of half baked "success stories", majority of which are meant to spite some perceived enemies, or show the world on Facebook that you're making progress. If you must write a success story, make sure you do it in successions. If you didn't buy a house in Canada from your ice water savings...then just stfu!!

I also sold ice water in my state but it got nothing to do with where I am today. Hadn't it been for my parents who paid my school fees, I would probably be somewhere begging on the streets. I did not get here by my own efforts, it took the joint efforts of my parents, teachers, lecturers and now clients..

The story no dey add up, the fabu mad gan lol grin
Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 07, 2018
Buying a house overseas isn't hard. In the long run it's also cheaper than renting.

If that's her child then she clearly started opening her legs for a white man as soon as she got there because he looks almost 2, if not 2 already.

3 Likes

Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by Alvin007: 12:39pm On Mar 07, 2018
LaudableXX:

I am not a fan. undecided I just work in the industry and I know a lot of things, that you do not know about the sector.

Hmm...I’m still not convinced though..I think I have chosen to be a hater. cheesy..but I honestly do understand you. Whenever there’s another offer like hers, kindly, send me a mail sir..I’m interested. Cheers.
Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by yemi15(m): 12:40pm On Mar 07, 2018
debolayinka:

Sometimes I wonder why the success of others give you headache.
Success indeed bro, more like "success" with a huge asterisk
Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by LaudableXX: 12:41pm On Mar 07, 2018
Alvin007:
Hmm...I’m still not convinced though..I think I have chosen to be a hater. cheesy..but I honestly do understand you. Whenever there’s another offer like hers, kindly, send me a mail sir..I’m interested. Cheers.
Whenever bids for oil blocks are to be conducted, you will find the details in the newspapers. Keep checking.

1 Like

Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by aalangel(f): 12:53pm On Mar 07, 2018
She forgot to tell us how she married or dated a white guy...hence the baby...
Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by Alvin007: 12:55pm On Mar 07, 2018
LaudableXX:

Whenever bids for oil blocks are to be conducted, you will find the details in the newspapers. Keep checking.

Lol...a sense of humor doesn’t hurt. grin
Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by Nobody: 1:11pm On Mar 07, 2018
Ogbeni, hustle hard and leave matter for Mathias..everybody get that horrible pasts. Wetin make you think say she no sell pure water before? na she bi first wey hussle both home and abroad wey make am?I do worst(sell pure, do server-man follow bricklayer, hussel for Maryland go-slow etc during my school days) for lagos before,but today i own properties too both home and abroad through hard work and sweat,na who talk him own una go hear.Some people sabi keep quiet and thank God for him blessings, while others na internet platform,so that one person wey been no wish them well earlier in life see say their hussle don pay off.

Jwonder:
Pure Lies!! when people manage to go abroad and make it, they cook up stupid stories of them suffering in Nigeria.. mtcheew! show us pics of u hawkimg pure water or ...... tongue

Btw Congratulations on the house
Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by Temibabie(f): 1:12pm On Mar 07, 2018
I'm not giving up
Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by emmanuelpopson(m): 1:13pm On Mar 07, 2018
LaudableXX:

Guy, leave that oil block matter. sad People can reject an oil block, if the seismic data on that block does not guarantee that oil will be found within the surveyed area. When you buy an oil block, you are never sure if you will hit oil in commercial quantity, or not. undecided The presence of oil, is not the same thing as having it in commercial quantity that is enough to make you a multimillionaire. Or else, why has oil not been found in Lake Chad basin area, till today?

You can drill and all the money spent might go down the drain, if the oil you extract from the block, does not cover the cost of funds spent on exploration activities. Some people get oil blocks, and start drilling, only to find gas inside it. That was what happened with Frontier oil, and a few oil block owners. So that elderly lady Alakija, was probably right in her submissions.

geologist sighted.. some gullible people wouldn't know the truth from concocted stories but your analysis about oil block rejection is true and nothing but the truth...I have nothing to add more...

1 Like

Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by Burgerlomo: 1:14pm On Mar 07, 2018
Congratulations no conditions is permanent cool
Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by koning: 1:21pm On Mar 07, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Be ye not deceived.

Don't usually agree with your posts, but this time around you made some sense.

Pure water seller dey show for her face sef.
Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by wonlasewonimi: 1:25pm On Mar 07, 2018
Why is everyone getting their pants in a twist. When someone say they bought a house 99% of the time it's mortgage. Getting approved depends on how good your credit rating and ability to raise the deposit is. Please note this doesn't work in shithole countries.

It's still an achievement nonetheless. BTW, everyone has got a story to tell.
Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by Mandrake007(m): 1:33pm On Mar 07, 2018
I wanted to commend her then I saw her holding a mixed baby,i smell bullshit!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cost Of Laying Foundation / Lady Shares Video Of House An Agent Took Her To In Lagos For N300k / TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.