Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,303 members, 7,815,548 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How (55388 Views)

How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals / "10 Years After Leaving Home, I Bought A House" - Ghanaian Lady / CBN Reveals How Nigerians Can Own A New Home, Pay Within 25 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by Nobody: 5:50pm On Mar 07, 2018
Yawn, story story.
Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by digitsolution: 6:06pm On Mar 07, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Be ye not deceived.

Thieves, ritualists and prostitutes also share their testimonies in church.
They only tell us that God has blessed them, but they never say what they did.

That white baby the woman is carrying says a lot about the source of her breakthrough.
It obviously came from the same tunnel the baby came.

some salient points you just brought up.
Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by obatoro: 6:29pm On Mar 07, 2018
Well, there are different types of houses here in Canada, and there are lots of payment options.Buying a house is not really a biggy here, houses are cheaper in Canada than in the UK, especially in the eastern side of Canada like Montreal, but I can relate with where she's coming from. Good for her anyway.
Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by Lloydfather(m): 7:01pm On Mar 07, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Be ye not deceived.

Thieves, ritualists and prostitutes also share their testimonies in church.
They only tell us that God has blessed them, but they never say what they did.

That white baby the woman is carrying says a lot about the source of her breakthrough.
It obviously came from the same tunnel the baby came.
Honorable Senator NwaAmaikpe.
Ekene kwa m gi

2 Likes

Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by lokoventurex1(m): 8:10pm On Mar 07, 2018
Freshberry1:
This is me the home owner ... i understand y some of you are upset.
The real thing in Canada you dont need the full amount to get a house.
You only need 5% of the value of the house.
You dont have to do rituals.
You need pictures of me hawking pure water..please who takes pictures when suffering do we even have phones in those times of 1998.
yh 2yrs its too long for u but too short for me,
Details is i finished school in 2017 i had a job offer waiting b4 i graduated because i had good grades i am a senior rep on one of the 5 canadian banks i earn over 15million naira as salary in 6month. You dont need a baby daddy, you dont need a man. You are srong on your own. People who knew me b4 i came to Canada i was one of the student who won the lagos state scholarship i finished from uniport and studied banking and finance after wards i got scholarship again to come to Canada. Please what else do you need if not God...
I knew in my mind the article was true even before you came out with evidences! I just dunno why some persons are gullible? God really bless you for this clarification..

Critics and haters will not still agree. I key into your testimony dear... What is wrong in marrying a white biko?

Esther, continue to soar!!
Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by ewizard1: 10:08pm On Mar 07, 2018
It's gon be okay!
Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by Spatta: 2:01am On Mar 08, 2018
macmoyor:
Buying a house is not a big deal..lol.. come.and.buy na
You think say your work to house and buy.. government don't own house's,bank does..you see you got not.glue..
You know you have to.meet certain criteria for you to buy a house if you don't have 500k$ Cash..

This poster is something else,no amount of.fockery or street live would make you buy a house in Canada within 2yrs.. it's all bullshisht and probably to get likes..

Your location says Canada, I expected more clarity in your reply to my drift
You obviously did not attend classes to upgrade your street education in Canada.
What is all the jargon you wrote in response?
When you learn to communicate better, I will take you serious.
Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by Freshberry1: 3:21am On Mar 08, 2018
thank you boss for the write up. God continue to bless you abundantly.

Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by AreaFada2: 6:27am On Mar 08, 2018
Alvin007:
Congrats...next time go into ‘deep’ details..on how you made it. I’m happy for you.

We 9ja are always very vague about such things.
Abroad if you ready to be indebted for around 20 to 30 years, you save up money for a deposit, typically 10% of the value of the property.
Then you get a mortgage and pay every month. As long as the mortgage lender/bank considers your employment as stable and income adequate to afford monthly payment.

If your parents or hubby or wife has that lump some to give you, then you'r lucky as you can get the mortgage sooner. No need saving for years first.

If you default on your mortgage payment reguarly, the bank may take the house back. The house is only fully yours 20 to 30 years later depending on tenure.

This was partly responsible for 2007 financial crisis. Back then many banks lent mortgage money to people who could barely afford to pay mortgage. Banks very soft because cheap money was awash in the banking system. Banks borrowed money from other banks cheaply. So they hand money.
With time those with huge mortgage debt and can hardly pay became "bad debts". Banks were now selling off the "bad debt catalogues" among themselves. Some backs took the risk and bought catalogues over hoping to make a profit. It proved disastrous as borrowers couldn't pay. Banks concealed these problems for long hoping to recover. Until too late. It cause banks to collapse or needing humongous government bailout.

In cities like Detroit, Michigan, USA, and others hit by unemployment from industrial/car plants, large swathes of properties were repossessed by banks. The houses were literally empty and decaying. Whole streets. Thousands made homeless.

1 Like

Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by Alvin007: 6:33am On Mar 08, 2018
AreaFada2:

We 9ja are always very vague about such things.
Abroad if you ready to be indebted for around 20 to 30 years, you save up money for a deposit, typically 10% of the value of the property.
Then you get a mortgage and pay every month. As long as the mortgage lender/bank considers your employment as stable and income adequate to afford monthly payment.

If your parents or hubby or wife has that lump some to give you, then you'r lucky as you can get the mortgage sooner. No need saving for years first.

If you default on your mortgage payment reguarly, the bank may take the house back. The house is only fully yours 20 to 30 years later depending on tenure.

This was partly responsible for 2007 financial crisis. Back then many banks lent mortgage money to people who could barely afford to pay mortgage. Banks very soft because cheap money was awash in the banking system. Banks borrowed money from other banks cheaply. So they hand money.
With time those with huge mortgage debt and can hardly pay became "bad debts". Banks were now selling off the "bad debt catalogues" among themselves. Some backs took the risk and bought catalogues over hoping to make a profit. It proved disastrous as borrowers couldn't pay. Banks concealed these problems for long hoping to recover. Until too late. It cause banks to collapse or needing humongous government bailout.

In cities like Detroit, Michigan, USA, and others hit by unemployment from industrial/car plants, large swathes of properties were repossessed by banks. The houses were literally empty and decaying. Whole streets. Thousands made homeless.

Noted...but we still don’t know if that was how she acquired it..(10%...mortgage...or not) that was why I made use of the word ‘deep’. But, I’d still congratulate her..regardless.
Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by AreaFada2: 6:48am On Mar 08, 2018
Alvin007:

Noted...but we still don’t if that was how she acquired it..(10%...mortgage...or not) that was why I made use of the word ‘deep’. But, I’d still congratulate her..regardless.
Sure. But it is the most likely scenario anywhere in the West. It is even assumed to be the case. Unless she won the lottery! grin cheesy
Sure saving up 5 to 20% is never easy. Yes she has done well within a few years.
Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by suremanpatriot: 12:23pm On Mar 08, 2018
grin Some women with osho life is all about money!money!money!
Re: Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How by Ugosample(m): 11:54am On Mar 12, 2018
Freshberry1:
And you too. Open heavens for you IJN
Congratulations on all your achievements
Don't mind all those people talking rubbish, don't answer them at all.
They are mostly poor, frustrated and hungry
When they see people better off than them, they begin to talk rubbish.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cost Of Laying Foundation / Lady Shares Video Of House An Agent Took Her To In Lagos For N300k / TVC Interviewed Femi Osibona, Owner Of 21-Storey Ikoyi Building (Throwback Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.