Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,707 members, 7,827,584 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Woes Of The Dark Night - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Woes Of The Dark Night (17611 Views)

Dark Night 1(short Story) / Woes Of The Dark Night Season 2 / Dark Night (episodes) by Oladipo Daniel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 6:48am On May 31, 2018
EPISODE NINE (ROYAL DARKNESS)
(Rogge, Calderie and the Agents of Mansard are all in the hideout. They are preparing to cast the Nudiuh Spell).
Calderie: (to all) Let’s get this over with.
Rogge: Yeah.
(A bowl of water is on the table. Calderie pours the content of the bottle containing the Mylon disease into the bowl of water. Then, the Mansards form a circle and begin to cast the spell. The spell lasts for hours. At some points, the water begins to boil up. Within few minutes later, they are through with the spell. The water turns to bloody like form. Calderie takes the bowl and hands it to Rogge).
Calderie: (handling over the bowl to Rogge) Pour the water in any of the water sources of Lailand. The liquid will circulate itself and reach all other sources.
Rogge: (smiles) Thanks. I will get it done today.
(Snuke shows up in the palace room. The King is quite surprised to see her, as she appears in the palace from nowhere).
Dalsmy: Who are you? And from where exactly did you come from? (surprised and scared)
Snuke: I am being sent here by the dark lady. I’m here for your end of the deal.
Dalsmy: (becomes more scared) So, you are finally here for the Apple of Jayanah? How can I be sure you aren’t just an impostor? What if you weren’t sent by Malisteh?
Snuke: Have you told anybody about your deal with her?
Dalsmy: You are right. But what if I decide not to give you the Apple?
Snuke: (frowns) Then, I will remove the chain, and return you back to the Elderworld. (she uses her magic to draw the chain. The chain was about to leave the King’s neck until he shouts)
Dalsmy: Please stop, I believe you. I will give you the Apple, please don’t return me back there.
Snuke: (she stops) Where’s it?
Dalsmy: (he goes to a safe and brings out a key) This is the one of the two keys required to open the Sacred Kalal safe at the Temple of Kalal. The other is with The Sage. I will get it for you.
Snuke: I need it now.
Dalsmy: Okay.
(Dalsmy orders one of the guards to go and get the Sage for him. Within the hour, The Sage arrives the palace room. Snuke hides in the inner chamber of the palace room.)
The Sage: I was told you need me in the palace. I know you must need me for the cure. I haven’t gotten the cure yet, but I am still on it.
Dalsmy: (chuckles) I don’t need you for the cure now. I need the key to the Sacred Kalal safe.
The Sage: (surprised) But, my King, your part is with you.
Dalsmy: Yeah, I know. I need your part.
The Sage: (shocked) What for, my King?
Dalsmy: (angrily) Are you questioning me?
The Sage: (scared) My King. (he bows down).
Dalsmy: I have kept you so close, it’s making you disrespect me. Hand over the key at once.
The Sage: (scared) Yes, my King. I kept it in the air. I have to summon it. (he makes a sacred sit, and begins to cast some spells. After some minutes, the key appears in the air. He picks the key and hands it over to the King). This is it, my King.
Dalsmy: (smiles as he collects it) You can leave now.
The Sage: Okay, my King.
(The Sage leaves the palace. Snuke comes out of her hiding).
Snuke: (happy) You now have both parts. Hand them over.
Dalsmy: (scared as he hands it over to her) I have honoured my end of the deal, am I free now?
Snuke: (keeps the keys in her bag) Very well. I have to go now. (she casts some spells and disappears from the room).
Dalsmy: (so scared) I hope it is exactly as she said, that I can still rule over Lailand without the Apple. I am really confused here.
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by JULI3BAE: 2:23pm On May 31, 2018
dis is soo interesting,waiting for d continuation
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 4:42pm On May 31, 2018
(Different houses of Lailand are being shown, as most of the citizens have caught the Mylon disease. The disease has spread to almost everywhere in the land, including the palace.
Because of this, the King holds an emergency meeting. Most of the court members have the disease. Luckily, the King and The Sage haven’t caught it)
Dalsmy: (surprised and scared as he sees that most of his court members are down with the disease. To the Sage) How the hell did this happen?
The Sage: (shocked too) I don’t know, my King. This must be the work of the evil priest.
Dalsmy: You mean Rogge?
The Sage: Yes, my King. I already knew he was planning evil. I just didn’t suspect that this is his aim. I have to fasten up my work in finding the cure.
Tedder: (having the disease) My king, this disease is too bad. It’s effect with the queen is even small. It’s like it has been magnified. I just managed myself to come here so you can see for yourself.
Ornah: (also having the disease) My king, please, we have to fasten our plans to get the cure. I suggest more priests are sent to aid the Sage in finding the cure. All the members of my household have the disease. We have to do something quick.
Remton: (not having the disease) My king, the disease has caught more than 60 percent of the whole population of Lailand. We really have to do something very fast.
Saqul: (having the disease) I suggest we find Rogge and beg him to give us the cure, instead of waiting on the Sage. I was told that the disease will later lead to death. I don’t want to die now, please.
Vale: That’s a very bad idea. This may be Rogge’s intention. He may want us to come and beg him, so he can exploit us. We can’t let that happen. Like Ornah said, we have supply The Sage with more priests, materials and whatever he needs to make him fasten up his plans in getting the cure.
Dalsmy: I go with sending help to The Sage, so he can get the cure in time. (to the Sage) You are disappointing me already. Do I have to find someone to do your job for you?
The Sage: (scared) I am very sorry, my King. The selection of the disease is for this reason so we won’t be able to get the cure easily. There are many fast killing diseases he could have chosen to infect us with, but he chose Mylon disease despite it being so slow in killing. He knows we won’t be able to get the cure easily. But I promise to disappoint him. I will surely get the cure.
Dalsmy: I will be hoping you do. (to Ornah) Ornah, I put you in charge of supply help to The Sage. Make sure he lacks nothing that will help him to get the cure.
Ornah: Yes, my King.
(Snuke can be seen walking to the gate of the Temple of Kalal. She is being stopped by the guards guarding the temple).
Guard 1: (surprised) Who are you?
Snuke: I am Lailand’s King servant. I was sent to bring the Apple. (the guards are surprised that she knows that the apple is there).
Guard 2: (quite surprised) Only the King and The Sage know that the Apple is here in the Temple of Kalal. How did you too know about this?
Snuke: I just told you that I am the King’s servant. He told me to bring it.
Guard 1: (draws out his sword) That’s impossible. The King will never tell you to bring the Apple. The Apple hasn’t left the temple for thousands of years. Even if he wants to change the location of the apple, he would have sent for our leader and explain to him. So tell us, who the hell are you?
Snuke: Please, if you love your lives, just let me go in and take the Apple. I promise to spare you people. You are innocent anyway. (all of the three guards draw their sword angrily and points them towards her. The temple priest comes out).
Priest: (orders his men to return their sword. To Snuke) Welcome. I received your message from earlier before.
Snuke: Why didn’t you tip off your men before I got here?
Priest: I have already tipped them off. (the guards look at him in amazement. Within few seconds, the three of them begin to feel stomach disorder as they go down).
Snuke: Oh, I see. (the three guards die)
Priest: If I try to tip them off the normal way, they would have disagreed. I hope you put a good word for me to the dark lady. Tell her how I helped you in retrieving the apple. I hope you have the keys. The Sacred Safe of Kalal is here with me. (he brings out the safe from underneath of his cloth and hands it over to Snuke)
Snuke: (so anxious as she collects the safe). You will be well rewarded for helping the dark lady. (she brings out the keys and uses them to open the safe. Magically, the lid of the safe flies up and shows the Apple. The apple of gold in colour, and is shining mysteriously. The light radiating from the apple glows all over the place. Snuke shakes head in affirmation confirming that it really is the Apple of Jayanah). This is really the Apple. You’ve been really helpful. I have to take it to the dark lady now.
Priest: (anxious) Should I follow you?
Snuke: Do you want your reward now?
Priest: (more anxious) If you have it here, I will be happy to have it.
Snuke: Your reward is the safe journey to the Elderworld. (she uses magic to strangle his neck until he dies. She leaves the temple immediately.)
(The palace is being shown. Snuke appears magically. She sneaks up to Princess Fessy’s room. As she gets in, she found the princess asleep. She then picks up her sword and wants to stab her. As she is about to, the princess opens her eyes and looks at her angrily)
Fessy: (angrily) What are you doing?
Snuke: (she withdraws her sword) I want to test if your soul is as sharp as your spirit.
Fessy: Are you doubting me? Do you have it?
Snuke: Yes, my lady. (she brings out the Apple and hands it over to Fessy).
Fessy: (happy as she collects the Apple) Finally, I have the apple. It’s time to link my spirit in the Elderworld to my body and soul here in the Real world.
Snuke: Yes, my lady.
Fessy: Let’s go to the hideout out of Lailand and get it done. I am finally on the verge of victory.
Snuke: Yes, my lady. Also, my lady, what should I refer you as here? Is it The Princess, Madam Fessy, or Madam Malisteh?
Fessy: (chuckles) My real name is Malisteh.
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by Favyo(f): 4:44pm On May 31, 2018
Hmmm... Thanks for the update, silver. Pls do continue...
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 4:52pm On May 31, 2018
Favyo:
Hmmm... Thanks for the update, silver. Pls do continue...

have you read the latest sha... cos your comment is somehow fast...check sha...
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 7:56pm On May 31, 2018
(The scene is brought to the streets of Lailand. The land starts to crumble magically. Everywhere is shaking like it is going to collapse soon. Everyone is running all around as the land is turning on them gradually.
The scene is then brought to the palace of Lailand. It is as in the streets of Lailand. The place is turning upside down. The King calls The Sage into his inner chamber).
Dalsmy: (To the Sage) What is happening now?
The Sage: (looks at the King angrily) King, The Apple of Jayanah has left Lailand.
Dalsmy: (shocked) What?
The Sage: If the Apple isn’t returned within the next 72 hours to the time it left the land, the land will be totally crumbled and there will be nothing left. All of us inhabitants will die too.
Dalsmy: (trembling) Ah! What do we do now? (confused)
The Sage: You collected my part of the key of the Sacred Safe of Kalal. I thought you merely collected it because you don’t trust me anymore for what I did with the queen. But it seems you have handed it over to someone who wants the downfall of Lailand.
Dalsmy: (scared) I was fooled. I was told that Lailand doesn’t need the apple to exist.
The Sage: (angry) How could you believe such a thing? Your ancestors kept the Apple safe in the temple with their lives. How could you let someone’s cheap lies get to you and make you release the apple?
Dalsmy: (seriously trembling) Just tell me what we need to do.
The Sage: Please, tell me you didn’t give the apple to Malisteh. If you didn’t, we still have hope. We just have to find the person you gave it to and recover it on time.
Dalsmy: (more scared) Actually, I gave it to Malisteh.
The Sage: (he is very surprised, shocked, and angry) How could you? There is no more hope for us. We have to evacuate from the land before she comes. We are doomed. The taviour won’t come. Nobody can face her. We must leave the lands immediately. She has won.
Dalsmy: (scared) We can’t evacuate the land. What do we tell the people? Do we tell them that we lost the Apple and so we have to make them leave the land? How do we tell them we lost the Apple? That I gave it to the dark lady myself?
The Sage: The people aren’t foolish. Everyone knows that once something like this is happening in Lailand, then it means the apple is out of the land. We have to forget about them not knowing, because they already know. We have to evacuate them immediately.
Dalsmy: We still have 72 hours. Please find something to do about it. (The Sage gives the King a hateful look, and storms out of the palace).
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by Favyo(f): 9:48pm On May 31, 2018
Yea, I read it later after posting my comment dear, thanks... This king shaa... Shit happens though...
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by Hunts(m): 10:17pm On May 31, 2018
just saw stumbled upon this now. . .this story is a hit back to back. . .more ink to your pen. .. .more money to your pocket to buy data . . .following this story back to back to back like Real Madrid
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 10:33pm On May 31, 2018
Hunts:
just saw stumbled upon this now. . .this story is a hit back to back. . .more ink to your pen. .. .more money to your pocket to buy data . . .following this story back to back to back like Real Madrid

Thanks, so much... more updates coming up tomorrow
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by Fabfunki(f): 7:10am On Jun 01, 2018
hello @silverspoonent u are doing an excellent job here BTW...i came across your story when it hit front-page and I'm following it now.....keep it up eh
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by star001(f): 7:17am On Jun 01, 2018
wow! i love this story,kuddos to the writer
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 11:59am On Jun 01, 2018
(The scene is brought to the palace of Exelung. Fise and Heoeh runs in).
Fise: Exactly as I told you, Malisteh has gotten the Apple from Lailand. Lailand is already crumbling. We need your permission to storm Lailand now.
Tackryan: (to Heoeh) Is this true? (anxious)
Heoeh: It is, Your Highness. Our scouts from Lailand came with the reports that the land has started to crumble which only implies that the Apple has left the land.
Tackryan: (so happy. To Fise) But I am confused about something.
Fise: What is that?
Tackryan: We all know that once the apple of Jayanah is out of Lailand, Lailand will only have 72 hours before it totally crumbles. Why does the dark lady need us to overcome it then?
Fise: (smiles) Malisteh doesn’t want the land to crumble, she only wants the people living there dead. She’s bringing gods with her from Elderworld to rule over Lailand. She needs the Apple of Jayanah to free herself from the Elderworld. Once she’s out of Elderworld and here in Real world, the Apple of Jayanah will be part of her. And her presence will make the land stable again. That’s why she wants you to kill everybody living there for her.
Tackryan: (sighs) I now understand. You and Heoeh can take the army to overcome Lailand then.
Fise: Thank you, Your Highness. Malisteh will surely reward you, once she is in the Real world.

(The next day)
(Lailand is being attacked unaware. Exelung comes from nowhere and start to attack the Lailand soldiers on the border. Lailand’s army is quite large, but majority of them is down to the Mylon disease, so they can’t really attack their enemies. This gives Exelung armies advantage over them. Lailand’s soldiers are being easily slain.
The news of the war at the border reaches the palace of Lailand. The crumbles in the lands haven’t seized as they continues.
The King calls for an emergency meeting, but just a few of the court members are there. The King has also caught the disease, but manages to meet the few of the court members that are around.
The Sage doesn’t have the disease, not because he knows it’s from the water system but because he protects everything he takes in with magic).
Dalsmy: (looking so weak) I… think it… is… time…we eva…evacuate our…citizens. I heard…we…we are… being…attacked on… our border by the… Exelung army. Our… men are… down with… Mylon disease…, so… they really…can’t fight. (he stammers as the disease is really affecting him)
Remton: (has the disease, but still in its early stage) My King, it is not possible any more. All the borders have been surrounded by the Exelung armies.
Dalsmy: (surprised) How… come? Their soldiers… aren’t… upto… even… one quarter… of… our… armies.
Remton: That’s true, my King. But because of the disease and the state the land is currently in, they split their little armies all around and attack us from all sides. They are few in each of the borders, but our sick armies can’t face them still. They are just slaughtering our armies like goats.
Dalsmy: (to The Sage) You… promised… to find… the cure…, but… you… still haven’t found it…. Do… we still… have… hope… at all?
The Sage: I don’t think I can find the cure. Rogge is too wise. There is no cure for the disease. That’s how everyone will die. I am so sorry to say.
Ornah: If that is coming from the High Sage of Lailand, then truly we have no hope. (to The Sage) Why are we having crumbles all over, like Lailand is going to collapse? Hope it is not as we fear.
The Sage: (chuckles) It is exactly as you fear. (both Remton and Ornah are shocked). We’ve really lost the Apple of Jayanah.
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 6:28pm On Jun 01, 2018
The Sage: (chuckles) It is exactly as you fear. (both Remton and Ornah are shocked). We’ve really lost the Apple of Jayanah.
Ornah: (still surprised) How come?
Dalsmy: (quickly interrupts) It… was the… work… of the… dark… lady. We… all know… the… extent of her… powers.
Ornah: (to the Sage) Is the other rumour of the taviour not coming anymore also true?
The Sage: (sighs) It is true. The Agents of Mansard destroyed the basis of activation for the taviour. The taviour has no means of being activated, which means the spirit will never be activated.
Ornah: This is serious. So what can we do?
The Sage: There’s nothing we can do. The gods have forsaken us for loosing the Apple of Jayanah, and also for allowing the basis of activation of the taviour to be destroyed. We just have to wait patiently for our death to come.
(The war at the border is still going on as the Exelung armies are winning.
(The scene is brought to a hideout outside Lailand. Fessy, being Malisteh and Snuke can be seen.
Malisteh brings out the Apple of Jayanah from a box she is having it. She puts it on the top of a sharp edged rock near them. She begins to cast some spells that last for some hours. As the casting of the spells goes on, light starts to radiate from the Apple and transfers into her body. This goes on until the light from the Apple is totally exhausted into her body. Immediately this happens, the Apple enters into her body, and thunder starts to strike all over the place. The thunder is striking Malisteh as her body begins to shake.
After few minutes, from the thunder striking, different kinds of gods start to emerge. Malisteh looks up and smiles happily. Snuke is also happy that they are finally victorious. Malisteh’s victory has finally comes. The gods emerging start to increase in number. Malisteh continues to look at them happily. The gods that emerge from the thunder strike increase to like a few hundred. Malisteh magically flies up as the gods bow down to her).
Malisteh: (to the gods) I am so happy for this day. I fulfilled my promise of bringing you from the Elderworld to the Real world. As we speak, Lailand, the centre land of the real world is being prepared for our arrival. We just have to storm the land and take it over. We are finally free. We are victorious.
Snuke: (happily) All hail the dark lady!
All gods: Heh! (as they all shout in happiness at the top of their voice).
(Back in Lailand)
(At the border, Lailand’s army has been defeated. Malisteh and her gods storm into Lailand and start to kill the citizens mercilessly. There are numerous gods among them that do take humans as offering. So having to kill and eat the humans at free will is like feast to them. They don’t spare anybody as they continue on their rampage.
Malisteh, not having interest in what the gods are busy doing, flies over the palace of Lailand. She goes there with few of the gods. She orders Snuke to go and bring The Sage to the palace.
As they reach the palace hall, everybody is surprised that Princess Fessy can fly. They are so confused. All the palace inhabitants including the King, queen, the Princes and the guards are being dragged to the palace hall. The queen is more surprised at what is happening).
Neenah: (quite surprised) Princess, what’s happening to you?
Malisteh: (smiles teasingly) Oh, mother. Thanks for bringing me to this world. Thanks for letting me achieve my aims.
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 7:04pm On Jun 01, 2018
Neenah: (confused) What are you talking about? (Snuke drags The Sage into the palace hall).
Dalsmy: (also confused) Fessy, what’s the meaning of all these? Did the gods hold you hostage?
Malisteh: Hold me hostage? Who dare hold the dark lady hostage? (everyone in the palace hall is shocked).
Dalsmy: What do you mean by that? (shocked).
Malisteh: My real name is Malisteh. (thunder strikes, as its sound can be heard and its effect can be felt. All the people shouts in amazement. They are quite surprised. How could Princess Fessy possibly be the dark lady? They are confused at what is happening).
Dalsmy: What do you mean your name is Malisteh? What did they do to you? You are Princess Fessy.
Malisteh: Yeah, I am Fessy, but also Malisteh. (to Neenah) Oh, mother, you are the main cause of the dark night. You helped me in coming to this earth. I had no hope of coming to the real world, despite it being my aim. But you provided me with the opportunity when you asked for the use of dark energy from the evil priest. Rogge summoned me immediately you asked him to get you a daughter with the use of dark energy. If ordinary citizen has used the dark energy, it wouldn’t have been useful to me. I needed the royal line to activate the royal darkness that will bring my soul here.
O O O O O
(flashback)
(Rogge summons the spirit of Malisteh).
Malisteh: Why did you summon me?
Rogge: (smiles) The time you’ve been waiting for, is finally here. Your opportunity has come. The queen of Lailand has asked me to use dark energy to give her a daughter.
Malisteh: (cheers up) Really? Then I finally have my opportunity.
Rogge: (still smiling) Yeah, so what do you want me to do?
Malisteh: I will teach how to make the royal darkness potion. You just have to give it to her. She will have the daughter as she wants, but it will be me. The problem is that only my soul will be able to go with it, my spirit will still be here. I will need the Apple of Jayanah to free my spirit.
Rogge: We first need to take your soul to the real world. We will figure out the way to find you the Apple once you are there.
O O O O O
(back)
(Everyone in the palace hall shouts in amazement and anger. They are surprised and angry that the queen is the reason for the dark night).
Malisteh: (to everyone) Shut up! Everyone has his or her part in causing the dark night. It is not just my mother. Even The Sage, and the King have their parts in causing the dark night. (everyone is shocked at this)
Dalsmy: (shocked) What is my offense? What is the Sage’s offense?
Malisteh: (faces The Sage) The High Sage of Lailand, the supposed most powerful being in Lailand. Can you please, tell us the evil you did in becoming The Sage?
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 7:05pm On Jun 01, 2018
That's the end of episode 9...episode 10 starts on Monday or Tuesday
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by Hunts(m): 7:27pm On Jun 01, 2018
following!!. . .next week?. . .will have to wait then. . but ink to your pen and more data to your phone
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by Favyo(f): 8:25am On Jun 02, 2018
The sage keh? shocked I hope Malisteh isn't just trying to manipulate the people's emotions against their sage ni? embarassedCarry on silver, I got my seat here dear! cool
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 3:10pm On Jun 02, 2018
I managed to type part of the episode 10...I'm still on it, so I'll definitely drop today... posting soon
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 5:15pm On Jun 02, 2018
EPISODE TEN (TAVIOUR SPIRIT)
(The scene is brought to the hideout where Habbath is staying. He is busy checking some things inside a book. He is so confused with what he is doing as he begins to soliloquy).
Habbath: (soliloquizing, as he is looking inside the scripture) We have twenty three here, where is the remaining one? (he flips to the other page, and realizes something). Compass of Vadym!
(He brings out a box and brings out some materials inside the box. He begins to make a compass following the directions from the scripture. After some hours, he is through with what he is doing. He is able to make the compass. He exclaims immediately).
Oh, It’s working. This means that there really is one remaining out there. North? Okay, let’s find this. (he soliloquize as he looks at the direction the compass is giving).
(The scene is brought back to the palace hall)
(Everyone inside the palace is shocked at the allegation on the Sage. They all set their eyes on him. The Sage starts to stammer).
The Sage: (stammering) I don’t… know what you… are talking about.
Malisteh: (angrily) I order you to talk.
The Sage: (scared) It wasn’t my fault. I did it for Lailand. I know my brother is evil, so it will be harmful to Lailand if he becomes The Sage.
O O O O O
(flashback)
(Young Laraeus, being the name of the Sage of now can be seen praying inside the temple. The temple priest enters and taps him).
Priest: (hands over two pieces of kolanut to him) Eat one and give the other to your brother to eat. The gods are about to choose who to become The Sage between you two.
Laraeus: (collects the pieces of kolanut) Okay, priest. (the priest leaves. He begins to soliloquize) I won’t give the kolanut to him. I can’t let the gods choose him over me. (he leaves the temple to a secret place, and eats both pieces of the kolanut).
O O O O O
(flashback)
(everyone in the room shouts in amazement. They are quite surprised that The Sage could do something of such).
Malisteh: You ate both pieces of the kolanut, so you automatically disqualified your brother from being chosen as The Sage. If you had the given your brother his piece of the kolanut and ate yours, the gods would still have chosen you, because you’ve been destined to be The Sage. But there’s something, the evil you do follow you.(to the king) And you, king, will you please tell us the evil you did in becoming the king of Lailand.
Dalsmy: (shocked) Ah!
O O O O O
(flashback)
(The scene is brought to the market of Lailand. Prince Leya is passing through on his horse together with his escorts. A mad man can be seen also passing through the route.
All of a sudden, the mad man drags Prince Leya down from the horse, and stabs him with his knife. The Prince dies immediately.
On seeing this, some of the market men drag the mad man angrily, and beat him to death for killing the prince)
O O O O O
(back)
Malisteh: (to the King) You ordered an assassin to disguise as a mad man, and kill the prince, your direct competitor to the crown. And then, you ordered your men to disguise as market men to beat the mad man to death, to cover your evil deed. The issue wasn’t investigated because everyone thinks that the prince was murdered by a mad man, who probably didn’t know what he was doing. And also, people think that the market men who murdered the mad man, did so due to anger. Nobody knows that it was all your handiwork. (everyone in the palace hall is amazed that the king could do something of such). The leading gods probably punished you with the dark night for what you did.
Dalsmy: (sobbing) I am sorry! This is my entire fault.
Malisteh: Anyway, you all gave me the chance to win. You gave me the chance to leave the Elderworld and come to real world to rule. You gave me my victory. I am so grateful to you. It’s time to kill you all.
The Sage: (remembers something. To Malisteh )You used the dark energy to enter the queen’s womb, right?
Malisteh: (confused) Yeah, what’s the matter?
The Sage: During my learning days, I heard of an analogy that is similar to this. I was told that if something of this happens, the gods will make sure to balance the darkness with lightness. You were born with royal darkness, there should have been a royal lightness. (confused) I am quite confused that you weren’t born as twins, because that’s what should have happened.
Neenah: (interferes suddenly) I gave birth to Fessy as twins, but her twin brother died at childbirth. (everyone is surprised upon hearing this).
Dalsmy: (interferes swiftly) He didn’t die. He survived, and his name is Hessy.
O O O O O
(flashback)
(King Dalsmy can be seen bringing out a child from the labour room. Mity is waiting for him outside).
Dalsmy: (scared) My chief guard, there’s trouble. The queen gave birth to twins.
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 6:51pm On Jun 02, 2018
Mity: (shocked) Ah! Twins? It is an abomination of Lailand that the King should give birth to twins. It signifies bad luck for the land, and you will surely be overthrown should people learn of this.
Dalsmy: (scared) My friend, please help me. Don’t let me overthrown. You have to help me in this matter. We can’t let this secret reach the people.
Mity: What do you want me to do, my King?
Dalsmy: Your wife died during labour yesterday, right?
Mity: (becomes sad) Yeah, and few hours later, the child died too. I haven’t told Nipen about the death of his brother. He was so happy to see him, I don’t have the courage yet to tell him his brother is no more.
Dalsmy: That’s it. You don’t have to. The queen gave birth to a boy and a girl. We need a princess but not the prince. Can you replace the prince with the child you lost?
Mity: (shocked and happy) I will be happy to do that. I will bring him up as my own son.
Dalsmy: (happy. He hands over the child to Mity) Then, you can have him. You just have to protect him well. And please always keep my secret.
Mity: My king, we are friends. As I am helping you, you are helping me as well.
Dalsmy: (looks at the child) I name him Prince Nance Hessy.
Mity: I have to give him another name that has no closeness to the royal line, so people don’t get suspicious. I hereby name him Habbath.
(still in flashback)
(The King can be seen meeting with Callow)
Callow: So, what do you want me to do?
Dalsmy: All the nurses that helped the queen during labour, you have to take care of them. The secret must not be leaked.
Callow: I understand, my King.

O O O O O
(back)
(Everyone is surprised that Habbath is actually a prince).
The Sage: (quite surprised) So Habbath is a prince, and your son!
Neenah: (shocked) So, my son didn’t die. You gave him to your friend. Ah, King!

O O O O O
(flashback)
Dalsmy: Court dismissed. Mity, wait behind (the court members leave, as Mity stays behind. He moves close to the King)
Mity: My King!
Dalsmy: Don’t be so formal with me when others are not here.
Mity: (laughs, as he hugs Dalsmy lightly) My friend, Dalsmy, we really are in a terrible period.
Dalsmy: I am also bothered and scared. But Mity, I hope you listened well to what the Sage said. You know you have to keep the secret well. No one must know about it. And also, you should know what you are supposed to do for the land.
Mity: I know fully well, what to do. I know I have to take good care of him, because it is possible that he is the taviour.
Dalsmy: Also, please, don’t let anyone know he is my son.
O O O O O
(another flashback)
The Sage: Okay! (he collects the leaf, and begins to use it to rub the King’s wound. The king faints. The sage is scared) It’s better your herbs works (He begins to notice that the sword wound is healing. He touches the King’s vital points and exclaims happily) The King is okay. (Nipen and Habbath give relief sighs. Their minds are just at rest, that the King is not dying).
Nipen: Thank gods. Habbath, you did it. You helped in averting another prophecy.
The Sage: (surprised) So, you overheard AgePie and I. (Nipen and Habbath look at each other in a timid way). But how did you know about this leaf? (toHabbath).
Habbath: Sage, I have read books. Actually, I got this from a book I stole somewhere I can’t tell you about. I will surely go to prison if I do.
The Sage: You definitely need to work with me. I need your help in averting Lailand’s woes.
Habbath: No, I can’t. It’s too dangerous. I read forbidden books and engage in life endangering experiments. (He runs away. The King wakes up feeling dizzy. He could catch a glimpse of Habbath running away. He notices that the way the person is running is in exact manner the person that sliced him ran away).
Dalsmy: (faintly) Who’s that?
Nipen: It’s my brother, Habbath.(The King realizes that Habbath must have been the one that stabbed him, but he doesn’t know the reason)
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 9:35pm On Jun 02, 2018
O O O O O
(another flashback)
(Dalsmy and Callow meeting privately)
Dalsmy: It was Hessy, the prince I gave to Mity that sliced me. But I can’t let people know.
Callow: (shocked) You know the person that sliced you? You know he is the one and you just can’t tell the world?
Dalsmy: Yeah!
Callow: He is a thorn you have to remove totally, not spare.
Dalsmy: We’ve averted the woe. I can’t possibly order the death of my own son.
Callow: (confused) But, but…
Dalsmy: Also, he wasn’t trying to kill me. It was my fault. I forced him, because I wanted to catch him. You just have to continue the assignment I gave you.
Callow: Yeah, I will, my King.

O O O O O
(another flashback)
(Nipen and Habbath)
Nipen: (to Habbath)You once again helped us in averting the problem.
Habbath: We all did it, not just I.
Nipen: Even though the King asked me not to investigate the matter, I surely will. I have so many leads already. I will find out about the weapons used by the assassins, their clothes, etc. I will also find out how they got there. I will draw their portraits and find out anything I can find about them. I must find the exact person that sliced the King. I must… (noticesHabbath is looking at him strangely). What is the matter with you?
Habbath: (sighs) You don’t need to disturb yourself. I know who sliced the King.
Nipen: (totally shocked) No way! I got to the scene definitely before you. And I don’t think there’s anything in the books that can help you determine such thing.
Habbath: Nipen, I know the person. It was me.
Nipen: (shocked) You? How is that possible?
Habbath: I was at the scene earlier. You know I also went to the Balide forest to find the Leyes Herb to save the King. I accidentally collided with the King on my way. The forest was flooded with assassins, so I was trying to find my way. Immediately I collided with him, I tried to run, but he didn’t allow me to.
Nipen: (interrupts as he is confused) But Habbath, you aren’t skillful in using a sword.
Habbath: That’s what I made you to believe. I read a book and used it to teach myself.
Nipen: (still surprised) Oh, really? But why did you slice the King?
Habbath: Because he wasn’t allowing me to leave. I even took his sword and tried to run away, but he still didn’t allow me. So, I only wanted to slow him down by slicing him a bit, but he anxiously put his whole body to the sword. I regret my action (he sobs).
Nipen: (consoles him) Don’t cry. You helped to save him. Also, the King doesn’t know the person that sliced him, so it is between us.

O O O O O
(back)
(Malisteh begins to laugh uncontrollably)
The Sage: (still shocked) If Habbath is the royal lightness the gods sent to balance Malisteh’s royal darkness, that means Habbath is the supposed taviour. It is a pity that his spirit will no longer be activated.
Malisteh: The leading gods did a good job by balancing my darkness with lightness. They tried to hide the taviour from me by delaying its activation. But I am the dark lady. I am not so foolish, I figured it out along the way. But I needed to be sure, so I sent the Snake witch to destroy Lailand.
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 8:00am On Jun 03, 2018
O O O O O
(flashback)
(Snuke in a hideout, and Malisteh’s voice)
Snuke: (confused) My lady, do you really want the snake witch to destroy Lailand?
Malisteh: Lailand can’t be destroyed yet. I don’t have all I need yet. I only sent her to draw the young man out. I want to be sure if he is the taviour.
Snuke: But my lady, without his spirit being activated, how will he be able to kill the snake witch?
Malisteh: (chuckles) With or without the spirit, the taviour soul’s is enough to kill the snake witch if triggered with absolute fear.
Snuke: (realizing) Oh, I understand now!
Malisteh: Hope you know what you have to do.
Snuke: (bows down) Yes, my lady.

O O O O O
(back)
Malisteh: It was my plan to use the young man to eliminate the snake witch. When he did, I got it figured. I got ahead of the leading gods. So I just had to prevent the spirit from being activated. I revealed to Calderie, the secret only The Sage and I knew.

O O O O O
(flashback)
(Snuke can be seen meeting with Calderie).
Calderie: (shocked) So, once the dys trees are destroyed, we Mansards will be finally free.
Snuke: Yes!
Calderie: I will get it done.
O O O O O
(back)
Malisteh: That was how I got my victory against the taviour’s spirit. The leading gods tried to play, I played them instead.

(The scene is brought to Habbath inside a forest. He keeps walking forward following the direction from the compass he is holding. Suddenly, he reaches where the old man and Steph are. They are both surprised to see him).
Steph: (he is shocked. He points his hand towards Habbath as if he wants to direct fire from his hand to him) Who are you and how did you get to know this place? This place is hidden from the world
Habbath: (showing them the compass with him) Compass of Vadym led me here.
Old Man: (surprised) You are able to make the Compass of Vadym. The secrets to make the compass are well hidden in scriptures that no one is supposed to read.
Habbath: (chuckles) I read more than the scriptures I am supposed to read. I try to find knowledge to the last bit.
Old Man: So, why did use the compass to find us?
Habbath: I read that the Protectors of the realm converted into Dys trees so that the taviour would be activated. In the scriptures I have with me, it was registered that twenty four protectors converted to form the Dys trees. I saw the image of the Dys trees, and counted the trees. The trees were supposed to be twenty four in number, but there were just twenty three, which implies that one is missing.
Old Man: The trees were clustered together. One must have clustered to another.
Habbath: The trees were truly clustered together but they can still be counted. I made no mistake in counting. I got to know from the scripture that this compass can be used to track Protectors of the Realm. I made it, it worked, and led me here. This only means that one of you two is the last Protector of the Realm.

1 Like

Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by Born2Breed(f): 12:14pm On Jun 03, 2018
The story is getting interesting. Keep it up and I look forward to the next update.
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 1:05pm On Jun 03, 2018
thanks... next coming now
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 1:08pm On Jun 03, 2018
O O O O O
(flashback)
(Thousands years ago. The Sage of then giving the prophecy)
The Sage: Another prophecy comes forth. Dark days shall come after the dark night. The land peace shall change to war. The Split Eye will be activated, one that shall tell the future. The Taviour shall come, one that will save the land. Both must be held important as they shall be the ones to save Lailand from woes of the dark night. However, they have the same fate as that of everyone. Woes shall be unto them, as it shall be unto everyone. They shall die if not protected. Lailand has to protect them, as they would also protect Lailand.
(Still in the flashback)
(Magne, leader of the Protector of the Realm calls all the protectors outside to a meeting).
Magne: The Sage has made the prophecy of the activation of the taviour. It may come anytime. We have to serve our purpose. We have to convert to Dys trees to form the basis of activation for the taviour spirit.
Laemi: (interrupts) Why can’t we just wait till dark night comes before we convert? It is one of the characteristics of us protectors that once we reach a particular age, we will stop aging and never die. This means that we can live on for millions of years. We probably should just wait till the dark night comes and then convert.
Magne: It is our duty to convert. If we decide to live on, it is like neglecting our duty as the protectors of the realm. We have to do it now. It is what we were born to do. We meet at Astraland the day after tomorrow to perform our duty of conversion.
All: (together) Yes, sir!
(still in the flashback)
(the next day)
(Laemi’s wife just gives birth to a new child. He carries the child).
Prem: (being Laemi’s wife) Where are you carrying my child?
Laemi: (so sad) I have to save him. I can’t make him convert like us. He is a new born baby and so innocent.
Prem: (shocked) The leader knows already that I gave birth today. He will surely make sure he converts with us. Don’t tell me you are thinking of running.
Laemi: I know I can’t run, but I will protect my child. I will make sure he lives.
(He carries the child and goes to hide him in a forest).
(still in the flashback)
(the next day)
(The Protectors of the Realm meet in Astraland. Magne suspects Laemi).
Magne: (suspicious) Laemi, where is the child your wife gave birth to?
Laemi: (angrily) He is with my wife. (Magne looks at Prem’s side. Prem is having a baby shaped doll wrapped in baby clothes in her arms. Magne is fooled to believe that the child is the one wrapped in the clothes).
Magne: (sighs) Now, it is time to convert.
(they all held hands, and begin to cast some spells. After few minutes, they converted to the dys trees).
(The scene shows the face of Laemi’s child inside the forest)

O O O O O
(back)
(As the scene leaves from showing the face of the child, it comes back to present to show the face of the old man. One can easily deduce that the old man is the child of then)
Old Man: (to Habbath) You are a wise man. I am truly the last protector of the realm. I was saved from conversion.
Habbath: (exclaims happily) Wow!
Old Man: (confused) So, why do you need me to find me?
Habbath: You have to convert. (both Steph and the old man are surprised).
Old Man: (quite shocked) Convert?
Habbath: Yeah, you have to convert to form the basis of activation of the taviour’s spirit. Malisteh is on the verge of victory. Lailand is about to be totally taken. No one can save Lailand now, except the taviour. I’m sure the taviour spirit is due to be activated, but the destroying of the dys trees blocked the activation.
Old Man: (still surprised) Do you know what you are saying? Twenty-three protectors of the realm converted to form the basis. One protector converting will never be enough.
Habbath: We have to hope it is enough. This is our last hope.
Steph: (convinced) I think he may be right. We have to try. You are really our last hope.
Old Man: (scared) I have got no choice then. (he stands up to draw a circle on the ground with sand. He stays in the middle and begins to cast the conversion spell. After few minutes, he converts into a Dys tree.
Thunder starts to strike all over the place).
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 2:22pm On Jun 03, 2018
(The scene is brought to show Zachaeus. He has another copy of the Procedure of the Dys key terminal with him. He suddenly notices that the plates are shining. The shining of the plates this time around is different from the previous ones).
Zachaeus: (shocked) The plates are shining in total brightness. This means that the taviour spirit has been activated. How is this possible? (he is so shocked)

(The scene is brought to the hideout of the Mansards. They begin to have the Withdrawal feelings. They are quite surprised at this.)
Vanos: (having the withdrawal feelings) Leader, how is this possible? I can feel the taviour’s spirit being activated.
Calderie: (also having the feelings) I am also getting the feelings. I don’t understand what happened. We made it impossible for the spirit to be activated. We have to make sure to find the person within thirteen days, before we are blown into extinction. (the Agents of Mansard quickly begin to run away from the hideout).

(The scene is brought to the palace hall. Thunder is striking all over the place. The Sage begins to notice that the plates of the Procedure of the Dys Key terminal with him are shining in total brightness. Malisteh too starts to get the feeling that the spirit of the taviour has been activated. She and The Sage are so surprised and confused that the taviour spirit is activated).
Malisteh: (she begins to have the feeling of the taviour’s activation. She is so shocked and scared) How can this be? What happened? How was it activated? How was I tricked? (all the people inside the palace hall except The Sage are confused as to why Malisteh is saying all these)
Dalsmy: (confused) What’s the matter?
The Sage: (smiles) She now has all the reasons in this world to be scared. The taviour spirit has been activated. We finally have hope.
(all the people shout out in happiness. They are both surprised and happy that the taviour has finally comes).
Malisteh: (angrily) Shut up! Even if the taviour should come, I have the power to eliminate him. He will be so immature, he won’t know how to use his powers. He won’t know how to defeat me. I have my victory at last, I won’t let him take it away from me. (she is so angry, as her voice is shaking heavily).
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 2:24pm On Jun 03, 2018
That's the end of episode 10, episode 11 continues soon...
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by Hunts(m): 2:33pm On Jun 03, 2018
following
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 3:47pm On Jun 03, 2018
EPISODE ELEVEN (ELDER WORLD)
(The scene is brought to the forest. As the thunder striking continues, light starts to radiate all over Habbath. He begins to scream, as he is feeling so much pain. Steph looks at him in amazement).
Habbath: (confused) What’s happening to me? Why am I feeling so much pain?
Steph: (still surprised) That’s because you are the taviour we have been waiting for. The spirit has been activated in you.
Habbath: (surprised and confused) Tave what? I am not even a prince, how can I be the taviour?
Steph: I was born to this world to protect the taviour. I can easily recognize the process of taviour’s activation, and this is it. The taviour spirit is activating inside of you.
Habbath: (as the light continues to radiate all over him) Why am I feeling the urge to save Lailand? Why am I also having the feeling the cast the spirits of the Mansards away immediately?
Steph: (smiles happily) That confirms you are really the taviour. You are having the feeling of your responsibilities. (he bows down) You are our lord. You are the leader of us all. You are our savior. You’ve come to relieve us from the woes of the dark night. You are the taviour. (As he finishes making these statements, a dragon flies over from the sky and lands beside the taviour).
Habbath: (scared and confused) What’s the dragon doing here? Is it here to kill us? Why am I having a strange connection to it?
Steph: That’s the taviour’s dragon. It has being sent to help you in your quest. You can command it as you wish. It is yours. (a staff magically appears on Habbath’s right hand).
Habbath: (surprised) What’s this?
Steph: That’s the taviour’s staff. It is your power staff. It controls a lot of powers. It is one of your equipments to be used in your quest. You now have all you need, it is time you go save your land. It is time to go and save Lailand.
Habbath: Yeah, I know. But though I am feeling the total urge to save Lailand, I don’t think I know how to use my powers to defeat the dark lady.
Steph: The gods will teach you. You have to go now, before all is lost in Lailand.
Habbath: Okay, thanks. (he magically flies over onto the dragon. The dragon flies him away).
Steph: (to himself) I also have my work to do. (he begins to cast some spells to summon The Sage. Magically, The Sage appears before him. The Sage begins to look around not knowing where he is. He finally sees the dys tree and understands that that’s how the taviour is activated).
The Sage: (to Steph) Who are you? How were you able to make the dys tree?
Steph: (chuckles) That’s not why I summoned you here. The taviour just left here to go and save Lailand. We have to our own part to save Lailand.
The Sage: (confused) What do we have to do?
Steph: We have to journey to the Elderworld now (The Sage is surprised).
The Sage: (surprised) To the Elderworld? Why?
Steph: The Apple of Jayanah is now part of the dark lady. If the taviour is able to eliminate the dark lady, the Apple of Jayanah will be destroyed with her. Without the Apple, Lailand will still be destroyed anyway.
The Sage: (still confused) I still don’t understand why we have to go to the Elderworld.
Steph: We have to get the replacement of the Apple of Jayanah that is in the Elderworld.
The Sage: Do you mean the Apple of Jiyinih of Elderworld?
Steph: Yeah. We have to retrieve it from the Elderworld to replace our Apple of Jayanah that will be destroyed.
The Sage: (confused) But I can see you are quite powerful, why can’t you go and get it alone?
Steph: That’s because we have two missions there.
The Sage: (curious) What’s the other mission?
Steph: The cure to Mylon disease is also in the Elderworld, we have to get it. I need you to find the cure, while I need to find the Apple.
The Sage: I understand now. But going to the Elderworld is not that easy as you are taking it.
Steph: When Malisteh used the Apple of Jayanah to free her spirit from the Elderworld, a portal was opened that allowed the free passage of her spirit and her gods. The portal is where we have to pass through to the Elderworld.
The Sage: Oh, okay. Then we have to go now.
Steph: (smiles happily) Yeah.

1 Like

Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by pweetygiftofGod(f): 3:50pm On Jun 03, 2018
shocked
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by Favyo(f): 8:49pm On Jun 03, 2018
:oSilver, u dah bomb! This story haf seduced me into falling in love with it grin
Keep it up, Silver! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Son Of Hade (supernatural) Story / Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) / If You Were Asked To Write A Book About Your Life, What Would The Title Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.