Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,466 members, 7,819,703 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Lagos Hospital Segun Arinze Said Rejected Accident Victim React,release Photos(p - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lagos Hospital Segun Arinze Said Rejected Accident Victim React,release Photos(p (33023 Views)

Chiwetalu Agu Arrives AGN Office In Enugu After His Release (Photos) / Segun Arinze Celebrates 54th Birthday With New Pictures / Beingrenny Njemanze Graduates From University: Anne And Segun Arinze's Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Hospital Segun Arinze Said Rejected Accident Victim React,release Photos(p by emperormossad(m): 8:46am On Mar 09, 2018
Lexusgs430:

If a heart rhythm is detected or pulse, the chance of a successful CPR is higher.

Why jump on somebody's chest or shock them, if the chances of revival is 0?

In this man case, he was electrocuted. Using a Defib again would give him double shock therapy..... When shock jam shock, one shock must win........

Every nigerian is a doc/pastor/imam/lg chairman all rolled into one.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Hospital Segun Arinze Said Rejected Accident Victim React,release Photos(p by tilesworld1: 8:46am On Mar 09, 2018
david22uu:

If you don't know medical /hospitals modus operandi please close your mouth

Doctor, Which hospital modus are you talking about? That you stopped an emergency patient Outside your gate, certified him dead by opening his eyes? Everything is wrong with that ''modus'' even if the man is dead? Can you take him in and confirm that because i didn't see any stereoscope on the doctor's neck nor any pen torch.
The guy might still have small life in him and Maybe proper examination would have shown that or an ambulance to take the guy to a hospital with facilities would have been better.
But if you said that ''modus'' is good, then thou shall not complain online when it happens to any of your own
Re: Lagos Hospital Segun Arinze Said Rejected Accident Victim React,release Photos(p by bedfordng(m): 8:50am On Mar 09, 2018
hmm
Re: Lagos Hospital Segun Arinze Said Rejected Accident Victim React,release Photos(p by nkwuocha: 8:53am On Mar 09, 2018
emperormossad:

When you finish ranting carry your leg go hospital make we see if no be your dead body dem go carry go morgue.

Frustrated twerp! undecided

1 Like

Re: Lagos Hospital Segun Arinze Said Rejected Accident Victim React,release Photos(p by delana(m): 8:53am On Mar 09, 2018
vikat:

Most likely that child was still alive when he certified him dead with his bare hands. Victims as this sometimes have very low pulse and require a defibrillator to jolt thier pulse....as far as am concern the said hospital is guilty.....Our medical institutes are very careless and don't have value for life. That child should be accessed in the emergency ward with all the possible equipments connected to monitor all his organs. You guys kill the boy jor!
It becomes so easy to bash doctors , if you have ever witnessed patient's relatives drama , then you will understand why that boy wasn't admitted. They bring patients in at point if death , you attend to them , if patient dies , you get beaten up , I can recollect two cases in luth 's emergency when something similar happened , the medical officer on duty was beaten to stupor, all the hospital did was to give the poor guy 50k , for God's sake some patients and their families can be terrible , all I see here is a hospital trying to protect its name , if that boy was taken in , they would say he died in the hospital like they have always done.
Re: Lagos Hospital Segun Arinze Said Rejected Accident Victim React,release Photos(p by Lexusgs430: 8:54am On Mar 09, 2018
emperormossad:

Every nigerian is a doc/pastor/imam/lg chairman all rolled into one.

Call it multitasking + multi-talented.......
Re: Lagos Hospital Segun Arinze Said Rejected Accident Victim React,release Photos(p by IDEKEALUMONA(m): 8:54am On Mar 09, 2018
ELKHALIFAISIS:
how do you as a doctor satisfy one dead without running a proper check on him with equipment... he might be unconscious, they should have run a check on him, did they run CPR to ascertain if the person is not breathing or does not have a pulse... I always give up in Nigeria doctors

Doc doc, equipment like MRI kwo? CPR to check the pulse and you give up 'IN' NigeriA doctor. LOL
In America where you practise,you people use heavy equipment to 'SATISFY' people dead.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Hospital Segun Arinze Said Rejected Accident Victim React,release Photos(p by Bishop(m): 8:56am On Mar 09, 2018
mogboyelade:
Is it proper for a doctor to certify a patient dead at the entrance of hospital gate?

I was going to ask that too...
Re: Lagos Hospital Segun Arinze Said Rejected Accident Victim React,release Photos(p by emperormossad(m): 9:00am On Mar 09, 2018
Germanpoison1:
A lot of Nigerians are always in a haste to come out and bash the doctor for every attrocity commited in the hospital including commited by a mortuary attendant because everybody that puts on a white coat within the hospital is assumed to be a doctor. Funny enough most of these people that come out in d social media to spill trash based on there very little knowledge of pulse rate are people that wanted to study medicine but were not intelligent or patient enough or even hardworking enough to sail through, so, everything about a doctor simply irritates them, they have chosen not to be happy and fullfilled in life.It's a personal choice anyway, so you will just die with it. Now let me state that even in saner climes management of medical emergencies starts even from the sight of injury where they have good and adequate paramedical and ambulance sytems. Even in teaching hospitals, when an unconscious patient is brought to the Emergency wing, the first thing the emergency officer does is to check whether a patient is stil alive or not, and a doctor doesnt need any knowledge of rocket science to do that. You just need to check the vital signs of this patient. Now even in most teaching hospitals its even the nurses at the emergency unit that does that. Please there are no two ways about that patients that are dead on arrival are termed Brought In Dead (BID) and should be taken to the morgue and not admitted into the hospital. A whole lot of Nigerians are fond of patronising quacks, prayer houses, herbalists, etc even at a more costly rate because of there hatred for doctors yet when the chips are down, they still rush down to the hospital expecting you to do magic. It's worthy of note that nigerian doctors are one of the best all over the world no wonder they do exploits when they find themselves in saner climes. Nigeria is a very difficult place to practice medicine because we have very dishonest, ungrateful, hateful and impatient patients. The earlier we start learning to appreciate our doctors even more than our pastors and priests the better for us, because, they do a lot of things, I mean a whole lot of things for us behing the scenes just to get us treated. The blames should be channeled to the government that has failed to provide the necessary facilities and equipments, these doctors you insult at every point in time are forced to improvise and think outside the box to keep you alive. Unfortunately the quacks are takibg advantage of this hatred and a lot of people are perishing for lack of knowledge.Please ask your leaders to equip the hospitals and make good policies that will favour Nigerians so that every Nigerian will have access to quality and affordable health care.

My brother I've long realized this. I don't need to state if I'm a doc or not (as some Einsteins here are already assuming) but one thing I noticed as an undergrad was the animosity directed at medical students by other health professionals for no just cause. Now imagine what faceless entities on NL will do at the mention of any thread about doctors. I tell those doc who are my friends, leave nigeria for Nigerians.
Absolutely no need wasting your talents on them. They appreciate their pastors better, they appreciate their thiefing senators and public office leaders better.
One of them uploaded a photo from God-knows-where thinking it will diminish his stupidity but I'm not buying it.

One thing I know for sure...when they fall sick, if they go to the so called 'animals' for treatment, they will die.
Mark my words. People die everyday from bad roads, no one comes here complaining about bad engineers. Their religious leaders fleece them of their little money and still bleeps dem ontop, no complaint. People with failed and aborted careers will wake up and masturbate over doctors. A doctor in Canada earns above 97 million naira per annum, nigerian equivalent? Less than 2 million naira per annum, plus tax and everything oo.
And they want to be treated as kings by people they turn back to call animals.
I've told one of them, walk into a hospital and your corpse will be carried out.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Hospital Segun Arinze Said Rejected Accident Victim React,release Photos(p by emperormossad(m): 9:03am On Mar 09, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Call it multitasking + multi-talented.......

Let the multitasking start in their house. When their parents are sick, treat them yourselves.
Let those who still believe in the usefulness of a hospital patronize it.
No be by force.
Re: Lagos Hospital Segun Arinze Said Rejected Accident Victim React,release Photos(p by qrymz(m): 9:11am On Mar 09, 2018
mogboyelade:
Is it proper for a doctor to certify a patient dead at the entrance of hospital gate?

Did anyone even notice the timer? 28 seconds from when he was examining the patient and when he walked away. God knows how long they were at the gate for before they even checked him

1 Like

Re: Lagos Hospital Segun Arinze Said Rejected Accident Victim React,release Photos(p by seanswitch(m): 9:22am On Mar 09, 2018
IDEKEALUMONA:

If Yusuf Buhari comes to your house and a poor barrow pusher comes to your house,would you in all honesty treat them the same way?

The reason for their visit in your scenario is different.
If Yusuf comes to my house, it's definitely on visit and I'll accord him the treatment due to him.

If a barrow pusher comes to my house, it's either he's at my house to work or he needs help. If it's to work, I'll give him the wages due to him and treat him with utmost respect. If it's for help, I'll give him what I can afford and still treat him with utmost respect because he is human.

But in the scenario in this thread, the hospital is a public place established to cater for the sick no matter their status. And the oath the doctors take preaches it too.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Hospital Segun Arinze Said Rejected Accident Victim React,release Photos(p by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 09, 2018
Doctors should stop this mentality of we are saving lives...it's a job for heavens sake, and you get PAID for it at month end. Just like any other job, if you give bad customer experience, then you shoud be humble enough to take criticism...he spent almost 30sec outside the gate to certify the man dead, and he strode in...God forbid, would he do that to his relative....and it rook them two weeks to respond to criticism...what if Segun Arinze wasnt a public figure...smh for Nigerian doctors.
Re: Lagos Hospital Segun Arinze Said Rejected Accident Victim React,release Photos(p by Jac007(m): 9:29am On Mar 09, 2018
What a country! My questions are not much;
* Who went into the hospital to call out a doctor?
* Do they have doctors waiting at the premises to check emergency patients before admission?
* If someone went in to call the doctor, how long do you think it took the doc to get to the patient (most doctors don't run to their patients)
* Do they deserve an apology or a fine?
Re: Lagos Hospital Segun Arinze Said Rejected Accident Victim React,release Photos(p by Lexusgs430: 9:39am On Mar 09, 2018
emperormossad:

Let the multitasking start in their house. When their parents are sick, treat them yourselves.
Let those who still believe in the usefulness of a hospital patronize it.
No be by force.

We have holy water, blessed olive oil, Quran + goat horns (drapped in red cloth), in various houses. We simply use it to cure the sick and wake the dead.........
Re: Lagos Hospital Segun Arinze Said Rejected Accident Victim React,release Photos(p by madgoat(m): 9:53am On Mar 09, 2018
mogboyelade:

Wait till when u die, then u find out.

#by the way, u want the people who accompanied the person to cause havoc in the hospital if he /she is certified dead within the premises abi?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Hospital Segun Arinze Said Rejected Accident Victim React,release Photos(p by david22uu(m): 10:16am On Mar 09, 2018
tilesworld1:

Doctor, Which hospital modus are you talking about? That you stopped an emergency patient Outside your gate, certified him dead by opening his eyes? Everything is wrong with that ''modus'' even if the man is dead? Can you take him in and confirm that because i didn't see any stereoscope on the doctor's neck nor any pen torch.
The guy might still have small life in him and Maybe proper examination would have shown that or an ambulance to take the guy to a hospital with facilities would have been better.
But if you said that ''modus'' is good, then thou shall not complain online when it happens to any of your own

Please don't kill me with lafter... @ he may have small life in him... life is life, no small no big
Re: Lagos Hospital Segun Arinze Said Rejected Accident Victim React,release Photos(p by Nobody: 10:23am On Mar 09, 2018
Op, learn to caption your stories well. I had to read uour caption upside to see if it will make sense.

"Lagos Hospital Segun Arinze Said Rejected Accident Victim React,release Photos"

I couldn't make head or tail of the caption until I read the main story.
Re: Lagos Hospital Segun Arinze Said Rejected Accident Victim React,release Photos(p by Nkwazemakennyj(m): 10:39am On Mar 09, 2018
doctorkush:
are u expecting them to treat a dead fellow? Since they don't run a morgue, and the patient is Dead. Why ask him to be brought in again??

Una wey sabi too much for Nigeria

Sir i must confess, it is not ethical to examine a patient at the entrance of your hospital gate, there is nothing bad taking him/her inside the emergency ward and make thorough examination on him before confirming his/her state. to safe the issue at hand the doctor might even invite one person from the persons who brought the victim to be there while examining the victim, this will help correct this poo spreading. my advice tho
Re: Lagos Hospital Segun Arinze Said Rejected Accident Victim React,release Photos(p by MonPro: 10:44am On Mar 09, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Not true, at least in the US.

At an accident scene, say electrician getting electrocuted, first responders will code him m dead and they’ll leave him there, not take him to hospital. The coroner will come and pick him up.

No hospital involved.

But this is not an accident scene.... the hospital gate should be opened to everyone. Hospitals are more or less social institutions too.
Re: Lagos Hospital Segun Arinze Said Rejected Accident Victim React,release Photos(p by casmirjohn: 11:09am On Mar 09, 2018
This Doren Hospital is just funny , what about the Fidelity Bank staff(A lady)??
Re: Lagos Hospital Segun Arinze Said Rejected Accident Victim React,release Photos(p by MonPro: 11:19am On Mar 09, 2018
sainty2k3:

Hello agent of Death, my wife wil not die, and i rejct all your proclaimations, sending you to were you belong. No offence meant please.
But do you know Doctors arent allowed to treat their relative. So that their judgement would be fair and unbiased

Lol....You are now sounding like the "superstitious nigerian patient" you slammed on this thread...

you sef dey shout 'I reject it'? Does that sound 'scientific'?

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Hospital Segun Arinze Said Rejected Accident Victim React,release Photos(p by favor2016: 11:27am On Mar 09, 2018
The same doren hospital that rejected my cousin when scorpion bite him two years ago,they didn't even check him, the first thing they asked us is to deposit #8500 before they can attend to someone that is pain already. we later rushed him to another hospital that night cos of their non challant attitude.
Re: Lagos Hospital Segun Arinze Said Rejected Accident Victim React,release Photos(p by runsgirl: 11:28am On Mar 09, 2018
Segun Arinze should please sue DOREEN hospital for negligence in breach of care to an emergency patient.

Time stamp on CCTV shows no doctor was on site at 10 25:34. Gateman did not open the gate.

CCTV shows doctor outside the gate by patient at 10 29 :12

CCTV shows doctor already back inside the hospital and walking towards the entrance at 10:29:40

This means the doctor used only 28secs to tend patient outside the hospital gate and certify patient dead.
Re: Lagos Hospital Segun Arinze Said Rejected Accident Victim React,release Photos(p by kfash02(m): 12:03pm On Mar 09, 2018
[color=#000099][/color] it's a rule everywhere , it's called triage, i want you to imagine something if an ambulance gets to a site with an a body on the floor ,
the body is assessed on the floor for life and if the person is dead , straight to the morgue , they don't carry the victim into the ambulance before checking for life , also about people in power and the type of care they get , it is world wide the way it's done , this world is Rich vs poor anywhere in the world and not about tribe , colour , or gender
seanswitch:
Something is definitely wrong with our Healthcare system in Nigeria. I get it that medical people here have are defending the action of the hospital but my question is this. Would the hospital have treated Yusuf Buhari like that even if the blind can see that he is dead. Would they have confirmed if he is alive at the gate of the hospital? If the answer is No. Then this country is not for all of us.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Hospital Segun Arinze Said Rejected Accident Victim React,release Photos(p by Nobody: 12:59pm On Mar 09, 2018
stagger:

If the man was brought inside, would it have brought him to life? Agbaya!

You lack common sense
Re: Lagos Hospital Segun Arinze Said Rejected Accident Victim React,release Photos(p by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 09, 2018
ifyalways:
Interesting to see the defense Doreen hospital could come up with after two weeks or so.

What's more interesting is that the doctor attended to and certified a MAN dead outside the hospital, right on the streets like a dog, even a Fooolani cow deserve better. sad

Looking at the timer from the video they uploaded, it took this doctor mere 28 seconds to decide this man was doa without as much as a stethoscope (none on the doctors hand or neck). Very sad, indeed. sad

If you no get money for this country, forget it. Would they have treated the man or corpse same way if he was brought in an Suv?

It takes less than 20secs to search for a pulse and heartbeat
Re: Lagos Hospital Segun Arinze Said Rejected Accident Victim React,release Photos(p by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 09, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Bros, for the Doctor to have certified him dead upon presentation, simply meant no pulse or heart rhythm was detected.
Why conduct CPR on a dead patient?

God bless you
Re: Lagos Hospital Segun Arinze Said Rejected Accident Victim React,release Photos(p by ifyalways(f): 1:47pm On Mar 09, 2018
neoapocalypse:

It takes less than 20secs to search for a pulse and heartbeat
He had no stethoscope.

How was he able to listen to heartbeat or feel the pulse in 28 seconds? BTW, I thought that to get accurate pulse rate you have to feel or measure for Atleast 30 seconds?

Educate with facts, if I'm wrong, please.
Re: Lagos Hospital Segun Arinze Said Rejected Accident Victim React,release Photos(p by ifyalways(f): 1:49pm On Mar 09, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Bros, for the Doctor to have certified him dead upon presentation, simply meant no pulse or heart rhythm was detected.
Why conduct CPR on a dead patient?
What was the time frame?
28 seconds? He had no stethoscope. It could be a case of faint heartbeat or pulse, no?
Re: Lagos Hospital Segun Arinze Said Rejected Accident Victim React,release Photos(p by Nobody: 2:03pm On Mar 09, 2018
MonPro:

But this is not an accident scene.... the hospital gate should be opened to everyone. Hospitals are more or less social institutions too.

Exactly, it’s not an accident scene. It’s a private business and they get to me their own business operational decisions. Which obviously excludes admitting corpses.

It’s also not a social institution.

Hospital gates should be opened for those seeking medical care.
Re: Lagos Hospital Segun Arinze Said Rejected Accident Victim React,release Photos(p by Nobody: 2:11pm On Mar 09, 2018
energylee:

So Nigerian doctors don't treat their relatives? Well many of the doctors I know and have seen are quacks then!

In very critical cases he means and not Panadol and paracetamol cases

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Alex Poses With Her Parents In New Photo / Nadia Buari Rocks Santa Claus Outfit To The Orphanage / Naira Marley, Zlatan Ibile Are Still Undergoing Intense Grilling In EFCC Custody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.