Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria (35474 Views)

UNN Zoology Students Afraid To Carry Snakes During Practical Class (Video) / I’m Afraid To Go To School Again, Pupil Who Survived Lagos Building Collapse / Olamide Samuel, The First African PhD Holder In National Security At 25 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by zeenaman: 8:24am On Mar 10, 2018
You are only consoling yourself but it's nice that way sha
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by businessguide: 8:24am On Mar 10, 2018
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by midolian(m): 8:25am On Mar 10, 2018
Duru009:

This is the bitter truth !

Two of my consins did their masters degree in NOUN, they currently work for MTN as permanent staff.
Are you telling us they got the job cos they did their masters in NOUN? grin

8 Likes

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by Proffdada: 8:26am On Mar 10, 2018
tempest69:
Proudly a 2.1 graduate of CRIMINOLOGY AND SECURITY STUDIES STUDENT OF NOUN WITH GREY HAIRS
congrats, now apply

2 Likes

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by usba: 8:26am On Mar 10, 2018
Truly they made it worst this semester my friend writing this can just dey struggle get C and D, their exams online are fill in the blank space, and it is computer graded, previous exams were options based. Imagine you know the answer to a question and misspell the answer? Conventional university atleast give the opportunity to write down answer though I know CBT is becoming common. A human marking your exam will atleast give you points for having the idea but heartless computer will give zero. NOUN is difficult because you don't even receive lectures to start with. The only simple part is passing their test which you get the questions more like an assignment.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by slegend(m): 8:26am On Mar 10, 2018
Beware of NOUN,it should never be an option please guys.

2 Likes

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by usba: 8:27am On Mar 10, 2018
midolian:
Are you telling us they got the job cos they did their masters in NOUN? grin

grin grin grin bros you wicked

1 Like

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by razfad10(m): 8:30am On Mar 10, 2018
marvin906:

Lol Noun is not joke bro

no backdoor..
what is this one saying..
in noun if i can remember correctly you use systems for exam and everything till 300 level
before you start using paper..
and there's where serious blocking starts.,.
have got peeps there in NOUN benin..
and they are blocking their way through courses
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by Ipayesco(m): 8:33am On Mar 10, 2018
tempest69:
Proudly a 2.1 graduate of CRIMINOLOGY AND SECURITY STUDIES STUDENT OF NOUN WITH GREY HAIRS

Sorry bro i no you don try all the school finish, at least noun choose you and you graduate.
But is now easy to enter..
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by razfad10(m): 8:34am On Mar 10, 2018
xteric:
If I catch my brother going NOUN, I will disown his what nonsense call NOUN, no supervision in their exams
you most be a student or staff to know this
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by coputa(m): 8:34am On Mar 10, 2018
But Former president Obasanjo studied Theology and graduated with flying colours from NOUN

1 Like

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by segmond(m): 8:35am On Mar 10, 2018
vision2050:
For doubters, obtain a form and share your experience.

No short cut to success.
NOUN is a recognised university don't let enemies of progress denies you educational certificate.

People will criticized you for going to N.O.U.N, but remember to cope when there is criticism. They just envy you, that how can you be working and the same time learning.

People hating on N.O.U.N what is your problem? Not everybody have privilege to go to conventional university. And there is purpose for her establishment.
Stop hating, don't let jealous kill your sense of reasoning.

Universities such as University of Ibadan and Lautech copy N O U N distance Learning system and there is no fuss about their graduate, why the heavy criticism on noun graduate?
I think people negative perception about noun should change, there are various open universities in the world.
N.O.U.N have come to stay and it is waxing stronger day by day.
If you believe it is easy, obtain a form and share your experience.

My organization don't accept any certificate from NOUN especially MBA. They believe you can easily buy your way out
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by Dafreeguy(m): 8:39am On Mar 10, 2018
segmond:

My organization don't accept any certificate from NOUN especially MBA. They believe you can easily buy your way out

Your organization isn't exposed. Meanwhile, does that mean u can't buy ur way out in d universities ur so-called organization accepts?

11 Likes

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by chisomQ(m): 8:44am On Mar 10, 2018
PLEASE guys am only interested in the certificate. does NOUN offer computer science and does it have regular? and is the university name indicated in the certificate?
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by tempest69: 8:54am On Mar 10, 2018
Ipayesco:

Sorry bro i no you don try all the school finish, at least noun choose you and you graduate.
But is now easy to enter..
unlike you gross liability, I work and sponsor myself. ( work and learn)
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by tempest69: 9:01am On Mar 10, 2018
xteric:
If I catch my brother going NOUN, I will disown his what nonsense call NOUN, no supervision in their exams
You mean no backdoor to help process some result for your dull brother..

If your brother is a Dullard like PMB , take him to GWAGWALADA and get him a certificate

3 Likes

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by dayowunmi(m): 9:05am On Mar 10, 2018
Lol, there is this culture of Nigerian students praising their schools as tougher than the rest... Even Poly students and College of education students will give u a thousand reasons why they think their school is tough! Your statement that Noun is tougher than most conventional universities holds no ground. It is justan attempt at self consolation and nothing more

Wait, what Noun are you talking about sef, is it the one you can help someone else to write exams or which one? Lol abeg

Noun is only an option for those who didn't secure admission into the REAL universities...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by manmidtexy(m): 9:05am On Mar 10, 2018
School, Certificate, Intelligence, Knowledge, Skill, Wisdom: is an individual thing you must manifest to prove as an outstanding candidate in what you are nationally or internationally.

All speaks for itself in you. It is not school or certificate or country or geneology or race or color or whatever that will speak 4u. LAUTECH, U.I, Ilorin, OAU, NOUN, Havard, ERAU, Princeton or whatever.

Tessyy1701:
Some people are afraid to study in NOUN not because of school fees, but how to excel academically. there was a student in my study centre, he got admission in 2015/2016 academic session. when the exams kicked off, the first paper he wrote was so hard for him. he sat for the second paper and yet he didn't find it easy; failed woefully. he got confused and was afraid of what might become of him in NOUN. after the first and second paper he wrote respectively, he left NOUN for a conventional university,where he can bribe lecturers to get A's in exam. who said NOUN is easy? NOUN is for students who says we are able to wade through the mud. NOUN is not for lazy students! female students can't sleep with lecturers to pass any exam. no bribing of lecturers to pass any exam; is either you fail or you pass in NOUN. I am investing money and time in NOUN and i am getting the expected result.
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by Hartthex(m): 9:10am On Mar 10, 2018
Duru009:

This is the bitter truth !

Two of my consins did their masters degree in NOUN, they currently work for MTN as permanent staff.
The two of them?...i can see long leg at work not certificate.

1 Like

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by babajeje123(m): 9:13am On Mar 10, 2018
chisomQ:
PLEASE guys am only interested in the certificate. does NOUN offer computer science and does it have regular? and is the university name indicated in the certificate?
Go to a conventional school to do computer science. Besides, they don't have computer science but info tech.
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by SyberKate(f): 9:16am On Mar 10, 2018
My only problem with NOUN is the now so slowness of their processes.
Academic year now runs slower than before, issuing of certificate now taking forever with postponement here and there.

Before this new VC, things were running excellently at NOUN. But I'm hopeful it gets better.

But please does anyone know how to go about with getting a STATEMENT OF RESULT and NYSC EXEMPTION LETTER
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by bigpicture001: 9:17am On Mar 10, 2018
Tessyy1701:
Some people are afraid to study in NOUN not because of school fees, but how to excel academically. there was a student in my study centre, he got admission in 2015/2016 academic session. when the exams kicked off, the first paper he wrote was so hard for him. he sat for the second paper and yet he didn't find it easy; failed woefully. he got confused and was afraid of what might become of him in NOUN. after the first and second paper he wrote respectively, he left NOUN for a conventional university,where he can bribe lecturers to get A's in exam. who said NOUN is easy? NOUN is for students who says we are able to wade through the mud. NOUN is not for lazy students! female students can't sleep with lecturers to pass any exam. no bribing of lecturers to pass any exam; is either you fail or you pass in NOUN. I am investing money and time in NOUN and i am getting the expected result.
....the only thing I don't like about NOUN is that aspect of its TMA..for me,TMA should be written as an exam like test..not get answers and submit online...most student dull or serious get 30/30 in their TMA...using a soft ware dt provides all d answers. hence scoring cheap 30 marks...dts y almost all student there are upper credit graduate..
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by bigpicture001: 9:19am On Mar 10, 2018
Jaeljael:
Is it d same NOUN dat is in Nigeria you are refairin to as unbribe able and dey don't sleep wt female student? Pls don't allow noun lectures hear u, dey will be looking at you like somebody from Peru
...mumu,go and check out ursef..no lecturers to bribe..dts d concept
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by Nobody: 9:20am On Mar 10, 2018
I got my first degree (Bsc Com) at The University of Jos and the my second degree (Bsc Comm Tech) at NOUN.

Believe it or not, most of y'all conventional students won't graduate at NOUN.

Exams so tough you go think say na stone. No jokes sha

10 Likes

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by seoscrib: 9:22am On Mar 10, 2018
philGeo:
Rebranding, i can't study there.
Lazy student, thanks for pointing yourself out.

1 Like

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by bigpicture001: 9:24am On Mar 10, 2018
segmond:

....sorry to say,but how can one buy their way out...it's impossible!

1 Like

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by bigpicture001: 9:25am On Mar 10, 2018
chisomQ:
.....the three answers u nid are all yes!

1 Like

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by SyberKate(f): 9:26am On Mar 10, 2018
For those saying there's no backdoor in NOUN, please I'm sure there is if you look hard enough. Because let's face it, anything that has the name Nigeria on it is tainted already.

But if you are to rate NOUN corruption level on a scale of 1 - 10 with 1 being very corrupt and 10 being least, NOUN would be at 9.9 grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by Emekayoung(m): 9:27am On Mar 10, 2018
Tessyy1701:
When I first started in NOUN things were very easy because we used computer to write,so it was either objective or subjective questions so things were very simple. Unlike now we do POP(pen on paper). I cant wait to graduate let me go and rest jari. Their wahala is too much.

2 Likes

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 10, 2018
Was thinking of my doing my masters there but......

There is a but about that university.
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by bigpicture001: 9:33am On Mar 10, 2018
dayowunmi:
Lol, there is this culture of Nigerian students praising their schools as tougher than the rest... Even Poly students and College of education students will give u a thousand reasons why they think their school is tough! Your statement that Noun is tougher than most conventional universities holds no ground. It is justan attempt at self consolation and nothing more

Wait, what Noun are you talking about sef, is it the one you can help someone else to write exams or which one? Lol abeg

Noun is only an option for those who didn't secure admission into the REAL universities...
....u talk with lot of ignorance....crowds if guyz write exams for others at other conventional university....at NOUN..it is also done but very difficult for u to succeed d security ( doesn't min it cn b done)...yes it's tru,every NOUN student first preferred d other conventional university...I say dis cuz Av studied at both...thier textbook is far more comprehensive. it is compulsory for every student to buy a textbook and also read the textbooks.
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by milky3(f): 9:33am On Mar 10, 2018
Tessyy1701:
Open,whic study centre do u belong,I have been to Ikeja SC by was told to go to Island and that's too far for me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

When You Get Corrected Copy Of Your Project From Your Supervisor / Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day / 25% In FCT: Exam Question From ABU, Zaria Law Faculty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.