Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,181 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria (35422 Views)

UNN Zoology Students Afraid To Carry Snakes During Practical Class (Video) / I’m Afraid To Go To School Again, Pupil Who Survived Lagos Building Collapse / Olamide Samuel, The First African PhD Holder In National Security At 25 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by Elxandre(m): 12:23pm On Mar 10, 2018
Lol. To those thinking it's easy, I laugh.

The e-exams you think is easy can be hard as fucck
Fill in the gap on a computer graded exam is not exactly a funny idea.

3 Likes

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by Duru009(m): 12:35pm On Mar 10, 2018
marvin906:

no backdoor..
what is this one saying..
in noun if i can remember correctly you use systems for exam and everything till 300 level
before you start using paper..
and there's where serious blocking starts.,.
have got peeps there in NOUN benin..
and they are blocking their way through courses
Is a big lie

You dont even know your lecturers

2 Likes

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by Duru009(m): 12:37pm On Mar 10, 2018
midolian:
Are you telling us they got the job cos they did their masters in NOUN? grin

Dont you know that noun is a Federal University ....
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by Duru009(m): 12:38pm On Mar 10, 2018
Hartthex:

The two of them?...i can see long leg at work not certificate.

NOUN is even far more recognized outside Nigeria ....
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by DonroxyII: 12:40pm On Mar 10, 2018
Duru009:
If you are a lazy student, dont go to Open university. Is only meant for serious students only.

There is no backdoor in the National Open university..
There is always backdoor in Nigeria !!

NOUN wey dem dey do test in cybercafe ..... mtchewww !!!
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by Awumma(m): 12:41pm On Mar 10, 2018
Duru009:
If you are a lazy student, dont go to Open university. Is only meant for serious students only.

There is no backdoor in the National Open university..
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by marvin906(m): 12:49pm On Mar 10, 2018
Duru009:

Is a big lie

You dont even know your lecturers

really you dont mean it..
then the lectures my peeps are blocking to pass their courses are ghost

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by Tessyy1701: 1:08pm On Mar 10, 2018
The "better by stress" or better by far also uses system for 100 and 200L

marvin906:

no backdoor..
what is this one saying..
in noun if i can remember correctly you use systems for exam and everything till 300 level
before you start using paper..
and there's where serious blocking starts.,.
have got peeps there in NOUN benin..
and they are blocking their way through courses
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by fedrick4god(m): 1:20pm On Mar 10, 2018
It's not a function of the school you go to, but what you become after the school itself. The school was just a platform to give you solid foundation to stand on and find your destiny.
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by shigishege: 1:57pm On Mar 10, 2018
Jaeljael:
Is it d same NOUN dat is in Nigeria you are refairin to as unbribe able and dey don't sleep wt female student? Pls don't allow noun lectures hear u, dey will be looking at you like somebody from Peru
it shows in ur writing DAT u need to go to school. which one is refaiarin or how did u write it? na wa
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by shigishege: 2:05pm On Mar 10, 2018
xteric:
If I catch my brother going NOUN, I will disown his what nonsense call NOUN, no supervision in their exams
olori kiku dumb head is what u are. ordinarily someone like u must not near discussion involving education. u too check ur English language. shame on u
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by Swagzlord01(m): 2:11pm On Mar 10, 2018
Smile.... I find it a bit difficult to try to explain to someone who doesn't know how noun is been run.. some people actually thinks its easy but until they join. if u don't read well u will fail well for noun

1 Like

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by hausadreturn(m): 2:31pm On Mar 10, 2018
coputa:
But Former president Obasanjo studied Theology and graduated with flying colours from NOUN
Was Obasanjo supposed to fail there before? Haba!
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by osteenbush(m): 2:48pm On Mar 10, 2018
I can hear ignorance speaking through you.
Please be informed that NOUN students do not write exams in cybercafe.
DonroxyII:
There is always backdoor in Nigeria !!

NOUN wey dem dey do test in cybercafe ..... mtchewww !!!

2 Likes

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by hausadreturn(m): 3:01pm On Mar 10, 2018
Swagzlord01:
Smile.... I find it a bit difficult to try to explain to someone who doesn't know how noun is been run.. some people actually thinks its easy but until they join. if u don't read well u will fail well for noun
This statement is strange bro.
Which school will you not fail well, if you do not read well?
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by heartenzy20(m): 3:06pm On Mar 10, 2018
Did i just had that Noun is not a good school, those people who said that suffered from what i called isolated civilization and that is why Nigeria's find it difficult to develop because some of them who study from so called conventional universities lacked sounds educational resources reasoning, that made the senate president Bukola saraki to have said in 2017 that Nigerian universities no longer produced employable graduate. Noun is a renowned global school which have come to stay based on the qualities of students they produce, i have two friends who graduated from Noun, one is working in FIRS the other in AGIP. please provide a comprehensive and concrete grounds why you said the school is not GOOD rather than disseminating your ignorant which you may not be able to cure until you meet your CREATOR'S.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by hausadreturn(m): 3:15pm On Mar 10, 2018
Like some had said, NOUN is for people who are busy, who already have a job, etc. Like the person whose housemaid is a student of NOUN. You dont necessarily expect a 16-20 year old student to attend NOUN. It wouldnt make sense.
>
It's also important to note that conventional universities offer a wider experience than NOUN. There're people to see and to communicate with, there're sports, religious activies, social life, etc.
All these helps to promote learning.
>
The essence of a University is for learning. The proud students of NOUN have only talked about reading, reading hard and reading wide. What about the learning process? How do you gain knowledge? How do you gain experience?
>
There's just no school in Nigeria where people dont read.

2 Likes

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by babajeje123(m): 3:23pm On Mar 10, 2018
There's nothing special about our conventional schools. There are no facilities, lecturers are not sound in their disciplines, strike every now and then, etc. NOUN should be given due recognition because it's devoid of the aforementioned problems and others. Besides, knowledge acquisition is not limited and restricted to only a place.

2 Likes

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by Uyi168: 5:12pm On Mar 10, 2018
bong4:

Please don't expose your school with this your English - consolement indeed!
Are u saying there is nothing like consolement or what?
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by pimper24: 5:20pm On Mar 10, 2018
vision2050:
For doubters, obtain a form and share your experience.

No short cut to success.
NOUN is a recognised university don't let enemies of progress denies you educational certificate.

People will criticized you for going to N.O.U.N, but remember to cope when there is criticism. They just envy you, that how can you be working and the same time learning.

People hating on N.O.U.N what is your problem? Not everybody have privilege to go to conventional university. And there is purpose for her establishment.
Stop hating, don't let jealous kill your sense of reasoning.

Universities such as University of Ibadan and Lautech copy N O U N distance Learning system and there is no fuss about their graduate, why the heavy criticism on noun graduate?
I think people negative perception about noun should change, there are various open universities in the world.
N.O.U.N have come to stay and it is waxing stronger day by day.
If you believe it is easy, obtain a form and share your experience.
the second sentence of your 4th paragraph is wrong, "everybody" is always followed with singular "has". Guess you wrote in a rush.
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by amprat: 5:45pm On Mar 10, 2018
hausadreturn:
Like some had said, NOUN is for people who are busy, who already have a job, etc. Like the person whose housemaid is a student of NOUN. You dont necessarily expect a 16-20 year old student to attend NOUN. It wouldnt make sense.
>
It's also important to note that conventional universities offer a wider experience than NOUN. There're people to see and to communicate with, there're sports, religious activies, social life, etc.
All these helps to promote learning.
I believe serious NOUN students most have more experience than the conventional university students, because they have the time to engage in other activities, different from academics, some are already working in the field so they have theoretical and practical experience, there are 16- 20 yrs students in NOUN, some rent hostels and attend private tutorials like conventional schools, at least I know of Ibadan, in Osogbo they even get lecturers from conventional universities, while some in Lagos take lectures with them in Unilag or Lady, everything in life depends on individuals, there are serious and unserious students in every institution,as per settling lecturers I won't say never because nothing is impossible though it's hard to believe my response is that it can't be as bad as it is in conventional universities,that is if it is happening in NOUN, since myself and most comments here show that we don't know about the sorting of lecturers. In all what matters is how much you can get into Your bank account not necessarily your certificate.

3 Likes

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by vision2050: 10:04pm On Mar 10, 2018
Movingcoil:
you skipped noun nursery school where they teach English.
you can go to hell, I had made my point.

1 Like

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by DonroxyII: 10:46pm On Mar 10, 2018
osteenbush:
I can hear ignorance speaking through you.
Please be informed that NOUN students do not write exams in cybercafe.
Test not exam .... Mumu dey worry u !!!

Where dem dey do their C.A .... dem dey give cybercafe money to runz C.A for dem Na !!
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by osteenbush(m): 11:43pm On Mar 10, 2018
Mr wise one, I've not come to throw tantrums with you,
yes the students that do not have PCs or internet enabled phones do go to cybercafe to submit their TMA(Tutor Marked Assignments), so what problem do you have with that? I know you like the way I'm educating your deep eaten ignorance.
And please learn how to address people on social media.
DonroxyII:
Test not exam .... Mumu dey worry u !!!

Where dem dey do their C.A .... dem dey give cybercafe money to runz C.A for dem Na !!
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by DonroxyII: 12:28am On Mar 11, 2018
osteenbush:
Mr wise one, I've not come to throw tantrums with you,
yes the students that do not have PCs or internet enabled phones do go to cybercafe to submit their TMA(Tutor Marked Assignments), so what problem do you have with that? I know you like the way I'm educating your deep eaten ignorance.
And please learn how to address people on social media.
Whatever u like pls throw ..... I even help some of u to solve the TMA ..... useless objective questions !!

U can Google search anything or use that handout to solve TMA ... You are the ignorant one here !!

NOUN ain't a school , simple !!

1 Like

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by Tessyy1701: 7:52am On Mar 11, 2018
The one with mouth diarrhea, You just wanna talk for talking sake right? Y can't You read and comprehend for once? please where did I say (Everyone in conventional universities)?
Lildoks:

Mumu. So everyone in conventional higher institutions bribe abi. U can base Ur argument on a dullard. Inferioty Complex
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by Tessyy1701: 7:55am On Mar 11, 2018
Ilorin SC

milky3:
Open,whic study centre do u belong,I have been to Ikeja SC by was told to go to Island and that's too far for me
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by Tessyy1701: 7:57am On Mar 11, 2018
Exactly, one will not understand until U av been there

Emekayoung:

When I first started in NOUN things were very easy because we used computer to write,so it was either objective or subjective questions so things were very simple. Unlike now we do POP(pen on paper). I cant wait to graduate let me go and rest jari. Their wahala is too much.
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by Tessyy1701: 8:00am On Mar 11, 2018
You are right sha but I stand to be corrected not "Almost all student" oooo in my SC in d just concluded matric we don't have upto to ten 2'1s

bigpicture001:
....the only thing I don't like about NOUN is that aspect of its TMA..for me,TMA should be written as an exam like test..not get answers and submit online...most student dull or serious get 30/30 in their TMA...using a soft ware dt provides all d answers. hence scoring cheap 30 marks...dts y almost all student there are upper credit graduate..
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by Tessyy1701: 8:02am On Mar 11, 2018
damtan:
Are you done talking??
I'm dancing
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by osteenbush(m): 8:44am On Mar 11, 2018
Keep arguing with your keyboard, when you are tired go and sleep.
DonroxyII:
Whatever u like pls throw ..... I even help some of u to solve the TMA ..... useless objective questions !!

U can Google search anything or use that handout to solve TMA ... You are the ignorant one here !!

NOUN ain't a school , simple !!
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by Sike(m): 9:25am On Mar 11, 2018
FYI, NOUN is a TOUGH school. Take it or leave it

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Students Representing Kano In A Quiz Die In Fatal Accident. Photos / 25% In FCT: Exam Question From ABU, Zaria Law Faculty / President Jonathan's Visit To Oau, An Eyewitness' Account(+pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.