Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria (35420 Views)

UNN Zoology Students Afraid To Carry Snakes During Practical Class (Video) / I’m Afraid To Go To School Again, Pupil Who Survived Lagos Building Collapse / Olamide Samuel, The First African PhD Holder In National Security At 25 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by bigpicture001: 9:38am On Mar 10, 2018
SyberKate:
For those saying there's no backdoor in NOUN, please I'm sure there is if you look hard enough. Because let's face it, anything that has the name Nigeria on it is tainted already.

But if you are to rate NOUN corruption level on a scale of 1 - 10 with 1 being very corrupt and 10 being least, NOUN would be at 9.9 grin
..ignorant fool...! go see for ursef b4 u say tins like ur old parents!
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by Aparakay(m): 9:44am On Mar 10, 2018
If you think studying in Noun is easy try it

4 Likes

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by placeofallure(f): 9:46am On Mar 10, 2018
vision2050:
For doubters, obtain a form and share your experience.

No short cut to success.
NOUN is a recognised university don't let enemies of progress denies you educational certificate.

People will criticized you for going to N.O.U.N, but remember to cope when there is criticism. They just envy you, that how can you be working and the same time learning.

People hating on N.O.U.N what is your problem? Not everybody have privilege to go to conventional university. And there is purpose for her establishment.
Stop hating, don't let jealous kill your sense of reasoning.

Universities such as University of Ibadan and Lautech copy N O U N distance Learning system and there is no fuss about their graduate, why the heavy criticism on noun graduate?
I think people negative perception about noun should change, there are various open universities in the world.
N.O.U.N have come to stay and it is waxing stronger day by day.
If you believe it is easy, obtain a form and share your experience.

Hi! Did you finish your first degree or second from NOUN? I hope not otherwise your English lecturers did an awful job or you're just simply unbendable. Your English sucks!
Mind you I have no apologies to tender. It's unacceptable that a 'graduate' will murder English in this manner.
However, if I devise a more subtle way to tell you, I'll click on modify.
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by maasoap(m): 9:46am On Mar 10, 2018
Tessyy1701:
Some people are afraid to study in NOUN not because of school fees, but how to excel academically. there was a student in my study centre, he got admission in 2015/2016 academic session. when the exams kicked off, the first paper he wrote was so hard for him. he sat for the second paper and yet he didn't find it easy; failed woefully. he got confused and was afraid of what might become of him in NOUN. after the first and second paper he wrote respectively, he left NOUN for a conventional university,where he can bribe lecturers to get A's in exam. who said NOUN is easy? NOUN is for students who says we are able to wade through the mud. NOUN is not for lazy students! female students can't sleep with lecturers to pass any exam. no bribing of lecturers to pass any exam; is either you fail or you pass in NOUN. I am investing money and time in NOUN and i am getting the expected result.
Those who study at NOUN:
>Working class people
>Elderly people, just for fun, e.g. Obj
>Regular university dropouts. They formed the bulk of NOUN students. In most cases, their parents are not even aware.
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by obagangan: 9:47am On Mar 10, 2018
PlS is no rigging, how did obj pass at noun.with all his Waka here and see. liers
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by Amarabae(f): 9:48am On Mar 10, 2018
People that are criticising Nigeria open university are dumb and sometimes do it out of envy.
NOUN is not a walkover, my house help is a student there.
So free them.
Still proudly a UNN product sha.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by jtofineme(m): 9:55am On Mar 10, 2018
xteric:
If I catch my brother going NOUN, I will disown his what nonsense call NOUN, no supervision in their exams
guy why u dey injure English na? which skul u attend sef?

5 Likes

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by Lildoks(m): 9:57am On Mar 10, 2018
Tessyy1701:
Some people are afraid to study in NOUN not because of school fees, but how to excel academically. there was a student in my study centre, he got admission in 2015/2016 academic session. when the exams kicked off, the first paper he wrote was so hard for him. he sat for the second paper and yet he didn't find it easy; failed woefully. he got confused and was afraid of what might become of him in NOUN. after the first and second paper he wrote respectively, he left NOUN for a conventional university,where he can bribe lecturers to get A's in exam. who said NOUN is easy? NOUN is for students who says we are able to wade through the mud. NOUN is not for lazy students! female students can't sleep with lecturers to pass any exam. no bribing of lecturers to pass any exam; is either you fail or you pass in NOUN. I am investing money and time in NOUN and i am getting the expected result.

Mumu. So everyone in conventional higher institutions bribe abi. U can base Ur argument on a dullard. Inferioty Complex
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by Ellabae(f): 10:01am On Mar 10, 2018
NOUN is a good school. Proud to be a product of NOUN.

3 Likes

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by osteenbush(m): 10:30am On Mar 10, 2018
Very true
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by searay(m): 10:31am On Mar 10, 2018
The OP has a point. NOUN is for serious students I did attempted and escape for my dear life

3 Likes

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by Crossguy: 10:35am On Mar 10, 2018
Give him this
mdokaba1:
Oya well done for consoling yourself and your likes. 1000 clap offering for you

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by bong4(m): 10:37am On Mar 10, 2018
bigpicture001:
..ignorant fool...! go see for ursef b4 u say tins like ur old parents!
Education goes beyond what school you attended. It also exposes the type of product you are.
Sorry to say that your response to a simple statement clearly shows you are not a good product of an "otherwise" good school.

2 Likes

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by osteenbush(m): 10:38am On Mar 10, 2018
English Language murderer, i hail o
xteric:
If I catch my brother going NOUN, I will disown his what nonsense call NOUN, no supervision in their exams

1 Like

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by Gkemz: 10:45am On Mar 10, 2018
Do you really have to say all these. Well, I'd love to enroll for a PhD program to avoid getting frustrated by conventional university lecturers who don't love to see others pass through them.
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by osteenbush(m): 10:51am On Mar 10, 2018
Guy i agree with you but you've inflicted a lot of injury on English Language.
Proudly a product of NOUN though.
vision2050:

No short cut to success.
NOUN is a recognised university don't let enemies of progress denies you educational certificate.

People will criticized you for going to N.O.U.N, but remember to cope when there is criticism. They just envy you, that how can you be working and the same time learning.

People hating on N.O.U.N what is your problem? Not everybody have privilege to go to conventional university. And there is purpose for her establishment.

Universities such as University of Ibadan and Lautech copy N O U N distance Learning system and there is no fuss about their graduate, why the heavy criticism on noun graduate?
I think people negative perception about noun should change, there are various open universities in the world.

1 Like

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by Lildoks(m): 10:53am On Mar 10, 2018
walexzee11:
Seriously, People don't know how tough NOUN can be, especially those conventional University students. I always tell some in Unilorin here that NOUN is for serious student they think it's a joke. For me the NOUN certificate is the Best cos you earn it vigorously.
And I had a neighbor, Benita who was formerly in Noun scoring As and Bs in law but only to get to Unilorin and she starts crying after seeing Cs and Ds on her portal in her first semester studying History and International Studies
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by dayowunmi(m): 10:54am On Mar 10, 2018
bigpicture001:
....u talk with lot of ignorance....crowds if guyz write exams for others at other conventional university....at NOUN..it is also done but very difficult for u to succeed d security ( doesn't min it cn b done)...yes it's tru,every NOUN student first preferred d other conventional university...I say dis cuz Av studied at both...thier textbook is far more comprehensive. it is compulsory for every student to buy a textbook and also read the textbooks.
Which of the conventional universities do crowds of guys write exams for others? Uncle with the reservoir of knowledge!

Their Textbook is far more comprehensive! How many other schools have u been to and checked their textbooks? If I show u my clinical psychology Textbook when I was still an undergraduate u will run. Moreover its not ideal that every course should be taught with textbooks in a university because textbooks restrict thinking, its mostly clinical and scientific courses that needs textbooks. Where I finished and in my department (OAU) textbooks are not frequently recommended, u have to read extensively and widely. Each one to his own if you think NOUN is more stringent than conventional universities, then good for you. NOUN is not well rated for a reason! I know quite a few who school there and...
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by nicerod(m): 10:57am On Mar 10, 2018
Olii:
Thanks for the info, next
Where is ur study centre dearie?
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by otabaotaba: 11:03am On Mar 10, 2018
I rep for noun, where u wan see the lecturers let alone bribing them, that's why I ready like say tomorrow no dey and I have not regreted.
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by nicerod(m): 11:11am On Mar 10, 2018
milky3:
Open,whic study centre do u belong,I have been to Ikeja SC by was told to go to Island and that's too far for me
What level are u?where do u reside?

U can change ur study centre to apap or mushin .
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by shilexholly(m): 11:23am On Mar 10, 2018
God punish d school.... I keep writting Pgd exams and a d dey keep saying d paper is missing... Useless people.. My set we are not more than 10 in class.... It's really crazy...
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by amprat: 11:24am On Mar 10, 2018
I remember a classmate then in Lasu asking me to go bribe the lecturers, because I had C in a course and she had B, we both knew she wasn't that brilliant. I was single
I am writing my last paper in NOUN now with 4+ point, second class upper ,married with kids and am proud because I know it is the work of my hand totally plus I never for once attended any form of private tutorial some organise.
Nothing is perfect, but NOUN is near perfect also don't forget that conventional or not, your experience also depends on the kind of person you are,in NOUN am more assured of being awarded the score of what I wrote and no intimidation, victimisation or cult related issues. There are lazy students everywhere, but NOUN makes it near impossible for lazy students to survive.

6 Likes

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by SSAwhistleblowe: 11:32am On Mar 10, 2018
Yes it may be tough for those who read to pass but don’t forget there are so many touts attached to that institution that sell exam questions and help people write exams. That school is one the most corrupt I have ever seen .. this is not to bring the school down ...sentiments aside please i am only saying it as it is. So many people make money from ripping the students off in several ways because most of them are workers and may not have time to really study.. but for those who read to pass it’s tough.
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by ecology: 11:52am On Mar 10, 2018
I am a proud graduate from NOUN,have attended several interviews with those from conventional University and have most times beat them hands down in both written oral interview. The secret of success in NOUN is to read wide

4 Likes

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by darlingnuel(m): 11:54am On Mar 10, 2018
placeofallure:

Hi! Did you finish your first degree or second from NOUN? I hope not otherwise your English lecturers did an awful job or you're just simply unbendable. Your English sucks!
Mind you I have no apologies to tender. It's unacceptable that a 'graduate' will murder English in this manner.
However, if I devise a more subtle way to tell you, I'll click on modify.
And in return, you had to murder him in cold blood?
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by SageMahrez(m): 12:01pm On Mar 10, 2018
vision2050:

No short cut to success.

You went to NOUN abi VERB and your English sucks like this. nawa o.
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by Elxandre(m): 12:09pm On Mar 10, 2018
babajeje123:

Go to a conventional school to do computer science. Besides, they don't have computer science but info tech.
They do have computer science, but it's probably not advisable due to lack of practicals
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by daramolanas1(m): 12:18pm On Mar 10, 2018
mdokaba1:
Oya well done for consoling yourself and your likes. 1000 clap offering for you
lol....c as finish d guy [color=#006600][/color] cheesy
Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by Elxandre(m): 12:18pm On Mar 10, 2018
Lildoks:

And I had a neighbor, Benita who was formerly in Noun scoring As and Bs in law but only to get to Unilorin and she starts crying after seeing Cs and Ds on her portal in her first semester studying History and International Studies
There are many factors which could affect performance.
Maybe the more intense social life got to her.

1 Like

Re: People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria by daramolanas1(m): 12:20pm On Mar 10, 2018
vision2050:

No short cut to success.

who knows NOUN? Noun ko adjective nii! We talking about university that has principles Una sef they talk...bro go c down

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Students Representing Kano In A Quiz Die In Fatal Accident. Photos / 25% In FCT: Exam Question From ABU, Zaria Law Faculty / What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.