Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,460 members, 7,830,287 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Yahweh Again - Deut. 7 - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Yahweh Again - Deut. 7 (4275 Views)

Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! / According To Jesus, Yahweh Is Evil. / Yahweh And His Lying Angels. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yahweh Again - Deut. 7 by seyibrown(f): 3:00pm On Nov 27, 2010
Pastor AIO:

you see, I am a man that does as he is told.  Upon reading your post above I immediately googled 'ripped pregnant women open' as you instructed.  this is what I found.
http://www.google.co.uk/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=ripped+pregnant+women+open&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&redir_esc=&ei=SfTwTLW8NIuwhQfp7YGDDA

http://www.answering-christianity.com/karim/pregnant_women_ripped_open.htm

It centers around a quote from hosea where God punishes the israelites by sending the assyrians, who will rip open their pregnant women.  There is no mention here of it being done so that sexual immorality can be practiced. Remember also that the king of Assyria is a servant (angel) of God. 

The next link provided is very interesting too.
http://www.jstor.org/pss/602234
What this text suggests is that due to the uniform way it is used throughout the bible ("dash the childrens heads against rocks and ripped open the pregnant mothers"wink that it might actually be a literary device used to suggest nameless atrocities.  It goes on discuss that the assyrians who were quite proud of the various terrors that they afflicted on their victims and would describe them in details never actually mentioned cutting open pregnant women.  The talk about many other equally ghastly deeds but not that. 

And then there was the Jewish King Menahem who also attacked his own israelite subjects and ripped open their wombs.(2 Kings 15:16 )  However NOWHERE is it written that the ripping open of wombs was done as a sacrifice to gods to empower them to commit sexual immorality.  Where in heaven's name did you pull that one out from?  The only time a non jew is said to rip out a womb is when they are executing God's judgement on Jews. 

I'll ignore the rest of your attempts to sound condescending, and holier-than-thou as it is clear where's it's source is.

You are the one who knows better than to employ 'OC/NC gymnastics' when trying to clarify OC/NC acts but cannot connect the temporal to the spiritual or even dig up a bit of history on your own. I am may not holier than you but I do spend some searching for the truth. I won't do your homework for you; you've done it yourself and found answers that supports your view that human sacrifice does not multiply 'evil'. My argument on the OP was clear enough. Go and search more if you are not happy with my view and your current findings.
Re: Yahweh Again - Deut. 7 by PastorAIO: 4:20pm On Nov 27, 2010
seyibrown:

You are the one who knows better than to employ 'OC/NC gymnastics' when trying to clarify OC/NC acts but cannot connect the temporal to the spiritual or even dig up a bit of history on your own. I am may not holier than you but I do spend some searching for the truth. I won't do your homework for you; you've done it yourself and found answers that supports your view that human sacrifice does not multiply 'evil'. My argument on the OP was clear enough. Go and search more if you are not happy with my view and your current findings.

So you were searching for the truth and you came up with
Some of the people destroyed in the OT ripped pregnant women open to sacrifice the premature baby to gods to empower them to commit sexual immorality and let evil happen.

And when I question this you conclude that I have disagreed that human sacrifice does not multiply evil. Is it that your imagination has been working over time and you just need a holiday. Or it is a more permanent pathology. Dude, you've got a screw missing. I'm being generous by saying that it's just one screw. Because e be like say some wires dey touch too.
Re: Yahweh Again - Deut. 7 by nuclearboy(m): 6:28pm On Nov 27, 2010
@DeepSight:

Is it my understanding of english that is faulty or are people evading the issue here?

Forget morality for one moment. Go back to the basics. If I take a few thousand Naira out of my pocket and set on fire, who has right to complain? If on the other hand, YOU take MY money and burn it, have we not done the same thing? Yet would I not be justified in claiming damages?

Which is my point - prove to us that Yahweh is NOT God and then you can claim all you wish about his lack of right. Until you do that, you have no basis to critique Him.

The suicide bomber who says his god has told him to commit murder is not an issue here except for someone looking to hide behind a finger. Forget him/such and face YAHWEH solely. When you've settled YAHWEH one on one, we can deal with your gymnastics.
Re: Yahweh Again - Deut. 7 by vedaxcool(m): 6:37pm On Nov 27, 2010
nuclearboy:

@DeepSight:

The suicide bomber who says his god has told him to commit murder is not an issue here except for someone looking to hide behind a finger. Forget him/such and face YAHWEH solely. When you've settled YAHWEH one on one, we can deal with your gymnastics.

This is very much the issue, if one person can claim God told him to do something Ignoble like killing women and children during war then a suicide bomber is very much justified to claim God told him to do what he is doing.

@Deepsight talk about desperation in religion, pls do not fall for his tactic he is simply trying to change the topic seeing that he has been clearly flogged, note the most sensible thing to do in this case is to simply reject that god actually gave those orders rather this two Genocidal elements are defending the indefensible. One can conclude that some one could have tossed this into the bible or tried to glamorize their children ship of God.
Re: Yahweh Again - Deut. 7 by seyibrown(f): 7:02pm On Nov 27, 2010
vedaxcool:

This is very much the issue, if one person can claim God told him to do something Ignoble like killing women and children during war then a suicide bomber is very much justified to claim God told him to do what he is doing.

@Deepsight talk about desperation in religion, pls do not fall for his tactic he is simply trying to change the topic seeing that he has been clearly flogged, note the most sensible thing to do in this case is to simply reject that god actually gave those orders rather this two Genocidal elements are defending the indefensible. One can conclude that some one could have tossed this into the bible or tried to glamorize their children ship of God.

vexdacool, Isn't war between two countries different from a suicide bombing?
Re: Yahweh Again - Deut. 7 by nuclearboy(m): 9:42pm On Nov 27, 2010
@Seyibrown:

Why bother to reply someone whose own prophet called a donkey? Obviously Mo knew the dude's reasoning would be warped and approximately equal to the intellect of a jackass.

War = suicide bombing? shocked
Conquest and protection from future retribution = murder because you've failed on earth and want 72 virgins? shocked
Practices by wild ancient people seeking an identity = the desires of lazy violent illiterates in the 21st century? shocked

No be the dude fault. Intelligent people are brain-storming and thus, the door was left open for smelly farts to waft in.

@DeepSight:

In light of your postulations, could you discuss the empires of the past? - Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece and Rome and practices of warfare as opposed to today in those times?
Re: Yahweh Again - Deut. 7 by vedaxcool(m): 5:38pm On Nov 28, 2010
seyibrown:

vexdacool, Isn't war between two countries different from a suicide bombing?

Really, then you seem to lack basic understanding of this thread, central to what Deep is saying,is why would God authorize grotesques actions against unborn Children, premise on this then a suicide bomber who claims to be fighting a war can legitimately claim that God told him to do what he is doing period. To say committing atrocities in the name of God whether in war or in peace makes any difference is very ingenious indeed.

nuclearboy:

@Seyibrown:

Why bother to reply someone whose own prophet called a donkey? Obviously Mo knew the dude's reasoning would be warped and approximately equal to the intellect of a jackass.

Now point to where Prophet Muhhamad called me Donkey,or know you areno better than the dog that Jesus called non-Jews.

nuclearboy:

War = suicide bombing? shocked
Conquest and protection from future retribution = murder because you've failed on earth and want 72 virgins? shocked
Practices by wild ancient people seeking an identity = the desires of lazy violent illiterates in the 21st century? shocked

It is very gladdening to see the reaction of a 419ner whose trick has been exposed, but finds it hard to believe we have got his tactic so soon, hence we read his convulsing, an indication of his low intellectual capacity to express him self in a decent and sensible way, as a suicide bomber will tell you he is fighting a war, F-0-O-L.

nuclearboy:

No be the dude fault. Intelligent people are brain-storming and thus, the door was left open for smelly farts to waft in.

Look at the half man half moro=n speaking.

read more of his crying tactics here

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-487580.0.html#msg6472196

nuclearboy:

@DeepSight:

In light of your postulations, could you discuss the empires of the past? - Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece and Rome and practices of warfare as opposed to today in those times?

Deep he is still trying hard to divert attention from the sensible point raised, to me such desperation is usually sweet reading about. the two genocidal elements are very incorrigible indeed, every crime the children of ISRAEL did is very much holy behavior to them. pray they do not start practicing such in the future.
Re: Yahweh Again - Deut. 7 by nuclearboy(m): 6:51pm On Nov 28, 2010
^^ Ok, if it wasn't Mo that called you "ignorant" , "ill-learned" and refusing to learn (which are the attributes of donkeys), then it is WHOEVER said so about the arabs and muslims in the koran that is the F.O.O.L and half slowpoke. No wonder THAT dude promised fire will burn you to the ground leaving only the "koko" on your head.

And trust a proper dog to compare the actions of 4, 000 years ago to what his type seek to justify today. Where you miss reality is that no-one can do anything about what happened then but we can change today. Our past and our acknowledgement of it has brought us to where nobody can claim to follow Biblical principles and do evil TODAY. We have repented and moved forward! You on the other hand, are retrogressing and seek to justify your barbarity by saying "others did it and so we are justified". Go sit on that - SIDEWAYS!

One more thing -> go register in an adult class and learn proper english. You really need to stop thinking yoruba while writing english.
Re: Yahweh Again - Deut. 7 by seyibrown(f): 7:37pm On Nov 28, 2010
Really, then you seem to lack basic understanding of this thread, central to what Deep is saying,is why would God authorize grotesques actions against unborn Children, premise on this then a suicide bomber who claims to be fighting a war can legitimately claim that God told him to do what he is doing period. To say committing atrocities in the name of God whether in war or in peace makes any difference is very ingenious indeed.

Country A going to War against Country B is different from a citizen of Country A blowing up citizens in the middle of Country B when there is no declaration of a war! Country A or B claiming that God sent them, is behind them, and gives them total victory over the enemy is different from 'certain citizens' of Country A claiming that God sent him to kill Citizens of Country B! If 'certain citizens' of Country A want real war and believe that God sent them to destroy Country B and will give them victory, let their Country (Country A) come out boldy and declare war, and let us see this god that 'sent them' HELP THEM WIN THE WAR !
Re: Yahweh Again - Deut. 7 by Mudley313: 1:29pm On Nov 29, 2010
smh @ gods sending individuals and/or countries to go to war, or go on a genocidal rampage either through suicidal blow ups of innocent people (to go meet up with virgins up in the sky) or the carnage of barbarically slaughtering both kids and women (leaving the virgins for themselves ofcourse) and even animals. after one would claim god of love mercy and peace and the other, religion of peace, as each try to justify dastardly acts committed supposedly on command from both their imaginary gods, at the same time being blind to each others hypocrisy. see what religious delusion can do to adults of supposedly sane minds

1 Like

Re: Yahweh Again - Deut. 7 by PastorAIO: 1:54pm On Nov 29, 2010
Bush declared War On Terror. Later he was adviced to stop using those terms. Because saying 'War' was elevating the actions of the bombers to an act of war. Rather these people, we were subsequently told, were just criminals and should be brought to justice for their crimes.

But first it was a war. Now it isn't a war. Personally I think it is just word games. War or no war it is atrocities upon atrocities committed by human beings on other human beings. I'm not stupiid, please don't talk to me as if I am. If you want to stupefy yourself with idiotick arguments go ahead, but please leave me out of it.
Re: Yahweh Again - Deut. 7 by mazaje(m): 1:59pm On Nov 29, 2010
Deep Sight:

If you were informed by a foreign civilization that the entity they believed to be GOD instructed them to invade your native Yoruba homeland and murder every man, woman and child there, would you not stop to doubt if indeed that entity was infact and indeed the GOD that is the creator of all existence?

Indeed, I can answer that very question for you: when the Islamist terrorist cites supposed injunctions from "God" to commit terrorist acts in the name of Jihad - you, Nuclearboy - you have NO doubt that this injunction is NOT from God.

Why then do you suppose that the genocidal injunctions in the Old Testament are actually from "God?"

What this shows is that your argument about "right" collapses in the face of that which YOU yourself understand to be morally objectionable, and that which YOU yourself, when considering the perceptions of other people about God, would NOT accept as injunctions that came from God.

If a Suicide bomber tells you that his actions are directed by God, you would positively deny that. You would not believe or accept that "God" endorsed such, or you would conclude that it simply was not the "true" God. This is true, once you are honest with yourself.

Why then would such injunctions appear in YOUR own scripture, and the best you proffer is simply to state that "God has the right" to do such.

Could the suicide bomber not equally state that "God" who directed him, has the "right" to destroy?

Lets be honest and straight: You DO NOT accept that God does such things - why then do you defend them once they appear in your own scripture.

The summary of what you are saying is that the violence prescribed by "God" in other religions is reprehensible, but the violence precribed by "God" in your own scriptures is acceptable, being "as of right."

Besides recall that God changeth not.

Why then do you believe that he has turned a new leaf since christ came?

Does God turn new leaves in his character and injunctions?

Is a changeable God perfect?

What makes such a God different from a politician: adopting suitable policies to suit the mood and the time?

The grave truth is this: and from this I will not resile - You are detached from the violence and this is why you approach it with cold blood.

FOR: You condemn present day religious inspired violence, because you are alive to witness its horrific nature.

If you were alive to witness the genocide effected on Israel's neighbours at the behest of their God, I am certain that you would not so cavalierly state "it is his right."

You would be repulsed: and that is the simple truth.

Excellently written. . . .This truly seems to be the problems with theist, when the try to defend the culture and life styles of ancient savages, who truly believe that stoning to death their disobedient children or killing others because the worship other Gods was the right thing to do. . . .You can only keep trying hard, but the reality of it all keeps bouncing back in their faces. . .
Re: Yahweh Again - Deut. 7 by mazaje(m): 2:00pm On Nov 29, 2010
Mudley313:

smh @ gods sending individuals and/or countries to go to war, or go on a genocidal rampage either through suicidal blow ups of innocent people (to go meet up with virgins up in the sky) or the carnage of barbarically slaughtering both kids and women (leaving the virgins for themselves ofcourse) and even animals. after one would claim god of love mercy and peace and the other, religion of peace, as each try to justify dastardly acts committed supposedly on command from both their imaginary gods, at the same time being blind to each others hypocrisy. see what religious delusion can do to adults of supposedly sane minds

grin grin grin
Re: Yahweh Again - Deut. 7 by vedaxcool(m): 10:43am On Nov 30, 2010
[quote link=topic=438941.msg7233925#msg7233925 date=1290966702]

And trust a proper dog to compare the actions of 4, 000 years ago to what his type seek to justify today.
[quote][/quote]

Can you point out were I Justified Suicie bombings? This cry baby sef, wetin, why you Just dey kolo, on top sey persin exposed your 419 scheme? You are in every respect of the word Lie a great Liar with Drunken Flair to cry instead of expressing yourself sensibly, even Seyi behaves more like the Matured Man in the two you(Genocidal supporting creeps), your weakness is no fault of yours it seems inherited like the Original sin, Lol! Despite all your tears, the truth has emerge triuphing above your vain tears.
Re: Yahweh Again - Deut. 7 by seyibrown(f): 2:26pm On Nov 30, 2010
vedaxcool:

Can you point out were I Justified Suicie bombings? This cry baby sef, wetin, why you Just dey kolo, on top sey persin exposed your 419 scheme? You are in every respect of the word Lie a great Liar with Drunken Flair to cry instead of expressing yourself sensibly, even Seyi behaves more like the Matured Man in the two you(Genocidal supporting creeps), your weakness is no fault of yours it seems inherited like the Original sin, Lol! Despite all your tears, the truth has emerge triuphing above your vain tears.

The wars in the OT were not on the basis of RELIGIOUS HATRED by the Israelites! It is not the same with Suicide bombings or Jihads motivated by RELIGIOUS HATRED!
Re: Yahweh Again - Deut. 7 by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 30, 2010
seyibrown:

The wars in the OT were not on the basis of RELIGIOUS HATRED by the Israelites! It is not the same with Suicide bombings or Jihads motivated by RELIGIOUS HATRED!

What was the motivation?
Re: Yahweh Again - Deut. 7 by vedaxcool(m): 3:52pm On Nov 30, 2010
seyibrown:

Hehehe! one should pity your struggle to put your head above water, instead of facing the matter at hand you prefer double talking and spewing Garbage aftr Garbage. Now you say religious Hatred, the simple question we asked is aren't they on the same level with a person that use God to justify hisw/her evil deeds?

1. you Have spent the whole time defending Genocide, you support the killing of children and women all because they are from an opposing tribe/Religion.

2. you further expose your hypocrisy as you made refrence to religious factors as being part of the reason the Isrealis moved against the pagans, No!

seyibrown:

Pastor, It is not my fault that you do not know what the Bible says and that you cannot carry out further research based on facts avilable from the Bible. Why should I throw what I found out into your laps when you are too lazy to do the research and have already made up your mind what you want to believe?

[size=18pt]How difficult is it to type 'ripped pregnant women open' on google, press the search button; search the Bible (online, its free these days) to find out what gods those who were (you are angry at their being) destroyed served, and then do an historical search (outside the Bible) on the origins of those gods and the rituals related to their worship.
[/size]
It is solely your fault that you choose to be solely tuned to the temporal realm (which do not even fully explore). GO GET A GODLY SPIRITUAL LIFE, PASITOR OLODO RABATA grin! GO BACK TO GENESIS!

Meaning god hated thier religious practice and ordered them to Wipe them(Pagans) off the map
Re: Yahweh Again - Deut. 7 by PastorAIO: 12:02pm On Dec 01, 2010
seyibrown:

Country A going to War against Country B is different from a citizen of Country A blowing up citizens in the middle of Country B when there is no declaration of a war! Country A or B claiming that God sent them, is behind them, and gives them total victory over the enemy is different from 'certain citizens' of Country A claiming that God sent him to kill Citizens of Country B! If 'certain citizens' of Country A want real war and believe that God sent them to destroy Country B and will give them victory, let their Country (Country A) come out boldy and declare war, and let us see this god that 'sent them' HELP THEM WIN THE WAR !

What if they have Iron Chariots? Will God help them win the war then?

Judges1:19
The LORD was with the men of Judah. They took possession of the hill country, but they were unable to drive the people from the plains, because they had iron chariots.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CONSEQUENCES of the ONCE Saved/always Saved" Heresy or OSAS / Saturday Or Sunday, Which Is The Real Sabbath Day? / America, The LovePeddler Of Babylon? Repent And Seek God For Mercy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.