Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,462 members, 7,846,926 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:37 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (800793 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by blessedmumi(f): 9:39pm On Mar 19, 2018
chrislong:

hello, are you a current student?

Prospective student bro, still waiting for the admission outcome.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Aghatise: 9:47pm On Mar 19, 2018
PhD Ocean Engineering

chrislong:

what program bro?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by RetiredNigerian: 9:57pm On Mar 19, 2018
Hi everyone. i trust we all doing great. I applied twice in 2016.
was delayed based on porpose.
So I got my gcms notes, the two times I applied was with a PGC admission(Humber and Niagara respectively.
Attached is the VO's comment for the first application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by RetiredNigerian: 9:59pm On Mar 19, 2018
this is for the second application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by olusolasusan: 10:06pm On Mar 19, 2018
blessedmumi:

Prospective student bro, still waiting for the admission outcome.

I applied to UBC, UWO and UCAL , and up till now, I haven't gotten any response from any of the schools. I think many schools are yet to admit students for fall 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by RetiredNigerian: 10:07pm On Mar 19, 2018
B.sc Business Administration (International Business) Second class upper
!. No travel bhistory
2. Program of study in Canada(International Business Management) corressponds with previous qualification
3. A virgin passport, got it a month to application.
Age then was 24years, and truly could not demonstrate strong tie to home country....used an agent so he used his company as my present work place cos i was not into any job then.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jibb3rilz: 10:08pm On Mar 19, 2018
Thank you so much @mcobex.

The program is for a year and current program fee is CAD 21,000 without accommodation. The first term for current session is CAD 11,000.

mcobex:
What is the
duration of your intended program? if more than 1 year, how will you pay for the other year(s)? Cos I will advise you have access to funding for the entirety of your program. Your answers to the above questions will determine what's next.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by blessedmumi(f): 10:14pm On Mar 19, 2018
olusolasusan:

I applied to UBC, UWO and UCAL , and up till now, I haven't gotten any response from any of the schools. I think many schools are yet to admit students for fall 2018

You are right, my concern is d visa application and processing time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by olusolasusan: 10:28pm On Mar 19, 2018
blessedmumi:

You are right, my concern is d visa application and processing time.

How many schools did you apply to? what program are you applying for? Admission first, before visa application and processing o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lemia(m): 11:08pm On Mar 19, 2018
RetiredNigerian:
!. No travel bhistory
2. Program of study in Canada(International Business Management) corressponds with previous qualification
Age then was 24years, and truly could not demonstrate strong tie to home country....used an agent so he used his company as my present work place cos i was not into any job then.

First off, you have a 2:1, VO feels you should be applying for a masters and not a PGC. VO isn't convinced you're genuine since you're probably taking the easy way out to get an admission to a one year program that you probably won't be serious with.

Apply for a business related masters and save yourself the headache.

As regards home ties, you have to prove to the VO how your course will help you achieve your goals in Nigeria. Your family and properties also serve as heroes.

Also beware of providing false employment records as it attracts a 5 year ban

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:12pm On Mar 19, 2018
RetiredNigerian:
!. No travel bhistory
RetiredNigerian,

Sorry for the outcome of your application. From what I can see, both previous and present Gcms notes are saying the same thing meaning that you failed to address the concerns of the visa officer on your previous app before re-applying.
What was your job role in the said company where you work? Is it in inlight with your intended program (International Business).
When did you start working for this company?
Did you submit an SOP clearly stating your intent to study?
Did you table a letter of employment, introductory letters, payslips, study leave letters, your personal bank statements to evident the fact that you're gainfully employed?
Why PGD instead of masters having that you have a good cgpa 2.1, that can yield you a masters degree (This is where you Disqualified your self from not being a genuine/bonafide student)

Please answer the above few questions before I proceed.

Your GCMS NOTE is pointing at:
1-) PURPOSE OF VISIT
2-) HOME TIES
3-) LIMITED TRAVEL HISTORY.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Flawlessheyi(m): 11:31pm On Mar 19, 2018

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 11:47pm On Mar 19, 2018
Aghatise:
Do you have the list ? Did you apply - where did you get this information from on the dean's scholarship? Appreciate an update.

I was informed by my supervisor. I am a carry over from the list from last fall to this fall's. I guess different department work differently, the scholarship is extremely limited in number. Have you been accepted? You should get an acceptance letter at least before expecting any funding and they usually interview you by skype if you are a serious contender for the scholarship.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 11:57pm On Mar 19, 2018
WEIRDPC:

Hi,

Deed of agreement takes a very long time. The document is signed by the Seller, buyer, witness and a judge.

Certificate of Occupancy is expensive and it takes a very long time too.

You can notarise a document by taking it to a notary person ( some lawyers are notary person, not all lawyers are notary perrson) or a notary public (court).

Best wishes.

Just a Deed of Assignment with no valuation or any plan, is dead on arrival to show ties. C of O is a government issued license on land and the most reliable of them all. Deed of Assignment is easy and just an agreement between seller and buyer and witness and lawyer drafting, then sworn before a court magistrate or commissioner of oath. Can be done in a day!!

Ps: I know someone trying to do valuation currently on three lands and the cost is 150k for the valuation. I think she is getting a deal even with this cost. Can be spendy, but valuation by a license quantity surveyor adds credibility that you indeed own a land.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Babmutini: 1:03am On Mar 20, 2018
Greetings to everyone in this thread..i'm new here
please i wanted to apply for a undergraduate course(Computer engineering)in canada but most of the schools i checked are quite expensive ,can someone please suggest a university/college that offers this course at a cheaper price . lets say 10000 CAD to 15000 CAD..thank you,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lemia(m): 4:40am On Mar 20, 2018
Please who's available to help me review my SOP?

Please ooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Henwall(m): 5:29am On Mar 20, 2018
Henwall:
evening guys. please I need your help. I just finished my Bsc in estate management and I want to further my education (Msc ) in canada. which university offers the best affordable Msc in real estate development and how do I go about it?
please I need a reply guys
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by WEIRDPC(m): 6:37am On Mar 20, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Just a Deed of Assignment with no valuation or any plan, is dead on arrival to show ties. C of O is a government issued license on land and the most reliable of them all. Deed of Assignment is easy and just an agreement between seller and buyer and witness and lawyer drafting, then sworn before a court magistrate or commissioner of oath. Can be done in a day!!

Ps: I know someone trying to do valuation currently on three lands and the cost is 150k for the valuation. I think she is getting a deal even with this cost. Can be spendy, but valuation by a license quantity surveyor adds credibility that you indeed own a land.

Cc Olugere
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by blessedmumi(f): 6:47am On Mar 20, 2018
olusolasusan:

How many schools did you apply to? what program are you applying for? Admission first, before visa application and processing o

We are on the same page, admission comes first before visa application...in Canada, I applied to only MUN, I already have an admission in USA with 60% tuition waiver. I'm going for MSc.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by DareAkande: 6:58am On Mar 20, 2018
Hello guys,

So I had written in Part 13, about how I got my study visa to Canada but I could not show up because I am currently studying in the U.S.A.

Truth be told, I decided to stamp the Canadian visa on my passport in the USA. The simple fact is that the U.S.A is a good country, but even before Trump came along, it was not so easy (it's still not so hard either). However, one does not know tomorrow and it's always good to keep all your options open.

I don't know if I will have to leave the US soon but at least, I know that I have a solid back-up plan should everything go south.

Do take care of yourself, have faith and perspective filled with long term gratitude and thanksgiving.

In the long run, we will all be fine.

I wish all of us God's blessings.

Dare

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by alftdbts: 7:37am On Mar 20, 2018
Please I need clarifications on this; My program Start date is Sept 2018 and Completion date is Sept 2023 as written on my acceptance letter. House what do you advise I input when filling my Study questionnaire on study duration. Stating 5yrs isn't logical, the program fast track is 1 year, but normal time is 2years. Max time is 5years they indicated. Already my study leave letter/notice from work carries a year and shall become active when Im ready to leave.

Also is it true that I cannot add any pictures to my application ... my awards plaque and my parents marriage pic in lieu of certificate? However both re printed in colored on A4 paper.

Please someone with adequate info should help me out on this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 8:16am On Mar 20, 2018
alftdbts:
Please I need clarifications on this; My program Start date is Sept 2018 and Completion date is Sept 2023 as written on my acceptance letter. House what do you advise I input when filling my Study questionnaire on study duration. Stating 5yrs isn't logical, the program fast track is 1 year, but normal time is 2years . Max time is 5years they indicated. Already my study leave letter/notice from work carries a year and shall become active when Im ready to leave.

Also is it true that I cannot add any pictures to my application ... my awards plaque and my parents marriage pic in lieu of certificate ? However both re printed in colored on A4 paper

Please someone with adequate info should help me out on this.
alftdbts

Indicate 2 years program on your study permit IMM form and questionnaire. Provide explanations on your SOP.
Also ask your employer to change the study leave approval for 2 years.
Those that submitted their application december/january complained that VFS workers refused them from submitting pictures. So, if this pictures are very important to you and you feel it will play a vital role on your visa application. Go with the printed coloured copy of the image to VFS and confirm if they will accept it.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 8:33am On Mar 20, 2018
jibb3rilz:
Thank you so much @mcobex.

The program is for a year and current program fee is CAD 21,000 without accommodation. The first term for current session is CAD 11,000.

Since it is for 1 year, I will advise you use yourself as the sole sponsor(if you have the funds). Though you will have to work on your sop very well and try to convince the vo(especially since it's for a year program ). Best of luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by oyinbayode(m): 9:31am On Mar 20, 2018
Good morning guys. I ve submitted my application, how will i know if it is being worked on or how will i get notification when it is approved
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by olusolasusan: 9:39am On Mar 20, 2018
blessedmumi:

We are on the same page, admission comes first before visa application...in Canada, I applied to only MUN, I already have an admission in USA with 60% tuition waiver. I'm going for MSc.

That’s great. I applied to only Canadian schools and none of them has reacted to my application. I am positive though. Which do prefer if I may ask? Canada or USA
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jibb3rilz: 10:13am On Mar 20, 2018
Okay then. But please i need clarification on what i am convincing the vo about

1. Is it the fact that I am self sponsoring myself, or

2. The fact that I will leave canada at the end of my 1 year program.

Thank you so much for your help.

mcobex:
Since it is for 1 year, I will advise you use yourself as the sole sponsor(if you have the funds). Though you will have to work on your sop very well and try to convince the vo(especially since it's for a year program ). Best of luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by RetiredNigerian: 10:36am On Mar 20, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

RetiredNigerian,

Sorry for the outcome of your application. From what I can see, both previous and present Gcms notes are saying the same thing meaning that you failed to address the concerns of the visa officer on your previous app before re-applying.
What was your job role in the said company where you work? Is it in inlight with your intended program (International Business).
When did you start working for this company?
Did you submit an SOP clearly stating your intent to study?
Did you table a letter of employment, introductory letters, payslips, study leave letters, your personal bank statements to evident the fact that you're gainfully employed?
Why PGD instead of masters having that you have a good cgpa 2.1, that can yield you a masters degree (This is where you Disqualified your self from not being a genuine/bonafide student)

Please answer the above few questions before I proceed.

Your GCMS NOTE is pointing at:
1-) PURPOSE OF VISIT
2-) HOME TIES
3-) LIMITED TRAVEL HISTORY.

Thank you for your time mate. I sincerely appreciate. Then it was a consultancy related job. Not enough evidence. An ID card and letter of introduction were submitted.
I have applied to a masterd program though. Hoping to hear from them soon.

No SOP. My agent told me no need for it then.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by RetiredNigerian: 10:39am On Mar 20, 2018
Lemia:

First off, you have a 2:1, VO feels you should be applying for a masters and not a PGC. VO isn't convinced you're genuine since you're probably taking the easy way out to get an admission to a one year program that you probably won't be serious with.

Apply for a business related masters and save yourself the headache.

As regards home ties, you have to prove to the VO how your course will help you achieve your goals in Nigeria. Your family and properties also serve as heroes.

Also beware of providing false employment records as it attracts a 5 year ban

Thank you very much friend, yeah I have applied to a masters program.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by JoseJonn(f): 10:45am On Mar 20, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Jeremy well said dear! The 150k is for four lands.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 11:16am On Mar 20, 2018
Thank you sir for this beautiful eye opener information, I appreciate you God bless, am happy,

but once it is evaluated does it need it to be nototarize.

Particularly, my case:
1. I have a virgin land I want to pay up the money in my name( if I do deed of assignment and survey plan is it okay, or deed of assignment and building plan- which is cheaper and faster) ====land location Ekiti

2. My father house I want to transfer to my name, my father is dead but mummy is alive- what documents can I do on it to make it valid for Canadian home ties stuff=====house location Ekiti

WEIRDPC:

Cc Olugere
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 1:02pm On Mar 20, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

alftdbts

Indicate 2 years program on your study permit IMM form and questionnaire. Provide explanations on your SOP.
Also ask your employer to change the study leave approval for 2 years.
Those that submitted their application december/january complained that VFS workers refused them from submitting pictures. So, if this pictures are very important to you and you feel it will play a vital role on your visa application. Go with the printed coloured copy of the image to VFS and confirm if they will accept it.

All the best!

VFS will accept colored printed pictures, as long as you copy and paste them to your word document and enclose as part of your SOP. The truth is these pictures will not influence anything, CIC is more interested in hard proof. So of if you have a marriage certificate as proof of your parents marriage, it's way better route. Yes indicate two years. CIC will not give you an open ended visa for a masters lasting 5 years.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Mysine: 1:11pm On Mar 20, 2018
hello everyone,

Thank you so much for all your help in the past. After waiting for 8 months with two medical tests, about two deferrals and 1 reapplication, I finally got a refusal response today.
The reason was that I did not provide an updated letter of acceptance from the school.
I had deferred for January, and in late January, I got another mail that i should get an updated letter. I could not defer as I had done that twice so I had to re-applly again. My Phd supervisor was tried about everything as he has been waiting for me since last year January 2017.
I am grateful for the experience and wanted to share with you guys. Did I mention that I had a refusal last year before applying for this one? I applied from Canada( i was in canada) and I was told to apply form Nigeria. Its been a roller-coaster but i am grateful for the experience.

My two cents:
1. Don't give up
2. Nairaland is helpful, ask so many questions and people are always ready to help no matter how dumb
3. Dont compare your journey with anyone just believe and hope for God's best.
4. You may have to change plans, grab every opportunity, believe me it may not make sense now but it'll. I am starting my PhD in another school in Nigeria soonest grin grin grin

I wish everyone still waiting success, and for those that have received theirs, Make us proud

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (517)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.