Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,741 members, 7,831,367 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (791394 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ennygal: 11:48pm On Mar 20, 2018
Hello everyone. Does anyone know any reliable in records (University of Ibadan Undergraduate), i need to process my transcript and want it to be sent for WES verification. Note: i have to get it done within a short period because Nasuu strike has only been suspended, not called off. Thank you. My email address is ennygal2016@gmail.com.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Omoarukheo(f): 11:48pm On Mar 20, 2018
Hi guys,

i am about to submit my application, my sponsor is my dad and the balance of all his bank statements put together is about 500k

he has invested in treasury bills which would be liquidated in june 2018 worth about 4.5m, he has contribution with his cooperative society worth about 4.4m, he has printed his pension statement with 7.8m though hes just in his 50's and not due for retirement yet, he has also given me his dorm account statement of 7.6k dollars.

his cooperative society has issued a letter and i have the treasury bills certificate, How do i explain all of this so i do not end up being slammed with insufficient funds and do you think my funds are enough

N.B tuition is 32k for the whole program, first year is 17k and i have paid 6k as deposit, my dad has 3 dependents and they are all in school

Thanks for your favorable response

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by tayonani: 2:11am On Mar 21, 2018
olugere:
Under a month they gave me admissions for fall 2018 which am deferring, may you applied through Ontario stuff, search for Garber o this thread you will see the contact fellow for sub-Saharan Africa and the right link of applications and their,
Good luck

When u apply, did u pay and deposit cos I want to apply for winter

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by nwugon(f): 2:11am On Mar 21, 2018
I have a room basement for rent, 7mins walk to University of Regina. 400$ all utilities inclusive.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 6:42am On Mar 21, 2018
megapixels:

Thanks for your reply.I have strong home ties,i am married with 2 kids,i have a landed property.My finances can not afford a two year programme,i have a 2.2 so a Masters is out of it(Masters that will add value to my first degree and job experiences are pretty expensive) that is why i decided on doing a 1 year course.
What are my chances?

PGD is very hard to get a visa with. It's try your luck. Try and argue well why they should believe you will be a genuine student and applying in good faith to go to school in Canada. Best wishes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 6:47am On Mar 21, 2018
swisster:
good afternoon guys, i really appreciate the effort of everyone in dis forum.

please i want to ask, do any1 hav idea if the V.O really confirm the amount of money is the students or sponsors account. because my dad transferred sum amount of money to my account,when i printed my statement of account,the money in my account is abt 6.6mil as closing balance.
after paying school fees and doing sum oda transaction am left with 1.3 mil.
so i went to my bank and ask the staff if Visa Officers check account balance of applicants, they said no, all the V.O does,is to confirm if the SOA is genuine,because VO don't hav right to check costomer acct balance .

so guys do they really check it?

They check anything they want at their discretion and can do and undo, don't try anything funny, come out clean. Infact yesterday my school in Canada (USASK) told me they got a message via electronic mail from the Canadian embassy trying to authenticate if my letter of admission and scholarship that I submitted are genuine. I almost fell off my high chair.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 7:01am On Mar 21, 2018
Visaofficer1:

Hey!
Age is not a limit when it comes to Canadian study visa. You must certify the visa officer that you're a bona-fide student and will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay. Also, you should provide evidence of your year to year activities, what do i mean by this?..... I mean your study gaps should be properly addressed on your letter of explanation, your motivation to study and your prospects back home will help your Visa application.

Find the Attachement, I believe it stands up to convince you more.
Bye!
Goodluck!

This name visaofficer is scary!! Ofcourse age is a concern because once you are past the traditional age of schooling, it begs a question whether you would be a genuine student or simply using the study route as a way to immigrate Canada. The Onus is for a candidate to meet the burden of proof to show that at that age, they would be a genuine student. It seems this 51 year old person met to the threshold of proof that is why he got a visa. But to say age is not a linit is not correct.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 8:13am On Mar 21, 2018
Visaofficer1:

Hey!
Age is not a limit when it comes to Canadian study visa. You must certify the visa officer that you're a bona-fide student and will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay. Also, you should provide evidence of your year to year activities, what do i mean by this?..... I mean your study gaps should be properly addressed on your letter of explanation, your motivation to study and your prospects back home will help your Visa application.

Find the Attachement, I believe it stands up to convince you more.
Bye!
Goodluck!
thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ennygal: 8:37am On Mar 21, 2018
Hello everyone. Does anyone know any reliable in records (University of Ibadan Undergraduate), i need to process my transcript and want it to be sent for WES verification. Note: i have to get it done within a short period because Nasuu strike has only been suspended, not called off. Thank you. My email address is ennygal2016@gmail.com, or whatsapp me on 08096867404.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 10:13am On Mar 21, 2018
Guys........ Will 2.62/4.0 fly for masters ?? My school runs on U.S GPA scale which has been giving me headache lately. 90-100 is A. Any advice guys.. Please..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 10:30am On Mar 21, 2018
Asapant:
Brother. How you doing ? From my little research I think getting visa for application who secured PGD in "UNIVERSITY," in quote and not colleges seems not as hard as applicant going for PDG in colleges

Hmnn that is a great observation, but seriously I don't think the VO cares that much whether college or university. The longer the PGD, two years for example, is better than a few months or one year.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 10:35am On Mar 21, 2018
I went through previous threads and parts, i was busy checking list of trv hopefuls. strictly checking only PGD applicants that got admitted into Universities NOT colleges. I noticed that most of them got their trv for PGD in universities.

Anyone against my observation ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ratawu: 11:01am On Mar 21, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Hmnn that is a great observation, but seriously I don't think the VO cares that much whether college or university. The longer the PGD, two years for example, is better than a few months or one year.

This is just our observation not the VOs' view.
Whether PGD or one year program. What is important is how you are able to convince the VO that you are a genuine student

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 11:11am On Mar 21, 2018
Any MUN applicant here or anyone that has an idea of their admission application processing? A friend for mine applied for Msc. Process Engineering since October and she's yet to be contacted. She sent them several mails and none was responded to.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 11:34am On Mar 21, 2018
Guys........ Will 2.62/4.0 fly for masters ?? My school runs on U.S GPA scale which has been giving me serious headache lately. 90-100 is A. Any advice guys.. Please..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chrislong(m): 11:54am On Mar 21, 2018
blessedmumi:

Fall 2018 applicant (MSc)...any update on admission? undecided

I applied for PGD and I’ve been admitted. Dunno about masters and PhD
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 12:00pm On Mar 21, 2018
Ratawu:

This is just our observation not the VOs' view.
Whether PGD or one year program. What is important is how you are able to convince the VO that you are a genuine student

Yes, that's the million dollar question.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by PahpahJay1: 12:05pm On Mar 21, 2018
mcobex:
Get your mom and aunt birth certificates (it will show same surname since they are sisters)
but they are both married to different husbands!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 12:16pm On Mar 21, 2018
Mcobex This man u still dey this forum. I don search ur ontop nairaland
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 12:21pm On Mar 21, 2018
I only pay for application fees of 95$ Canadian dollar
I have not pay for school fees, am deferring and they have responded to my admission deferring that o should tell them proper time convenient for me

[quote author=tayonani post=66015689][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by omojehovah(m): 12:33pm On Mar 21, 2018
nwugon:
I have a room basement for rent, 7mins walk to University of Regina. 400$ all utilities inclusive.
Just sent you a PM. Can we talk?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Famzyactivity: 12:46pm On Mar 21, 2018
[quote author=Phocusjosh post=66024978]Any MUN applicant here or anyone that has an idea of their admission application processing? A friend for mine applied for Msc. Process Engineering since October and she's yet to be contacted. She sent them several mails and none was
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Etap: 12:49pm On Mar 21, 2018
Please im new to this thread but not new to nairaland..i want to ask if im admitted to western university if full first term tuition is to be made or i can just make a deposit of about 3k cad.secondly im married and will be using my marriage certificate, is that enough to prove to the VO that im married or i need to submitt some details about my wife.Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by alftdbts: 1:48pm On Mar 21, 2018
ennygal:
Hello everyone. Does anyone know any reliable in records (University of Ibadan Undergraduate), i need to process my transcript and want it to be sent for WES verification. Note: i have to get it done within a short period because Nasuu strike has only been suspended, not called off. Thank you. My email address is ennygal2016@gmail.com.

Don't wait until you find someone reliable just go to school and do the needful at admin immediately...(You can't follow their bureaucratic procedure. PM me!. U.I is like a time bomb when it comes to processing. Had the same hitch a short while ago. Until I was forced to drop the school.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ratawu: 2:11pm On Mar 21, 2018
ennygal:
Hello everyone. Does anyone know any reliable in records (University of Ibadan Undergraduate), i need to process my transcript and want it to be sent for WES verification. Note: i have to get it done within a short period because Nasuu strike has only been suspended, not called off. Thank you. My email address is ennygal2016@gmail.com, or whatsapp me on 08096867404.

If you have collected your transcript before, it's simple. Just go to the computing centre beside faculty of science and social science, they will give you authority to pay which will be taken to the bursary for payment. Once the payment is made, then you go back to the computing centre to fill the transcript request form. You will pay a separate courier fee for it to be mailed to WES address. Just prepare like N25,000 plus your transport to Ibadan if you are from the south west.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Omoarukheo(f): 2:30pm On Mar 21, 2018
guys please i need an answer
Omoarukheo:
Hi guys,

i am about to submit my application, my sponsor is my dad and the balance of all his bank statements put together is about 500k

he has invested in treasury bills which would be liquidated in june 2018 worth about 4.5m, he has contribution with his cooperative society worth about 4.4m, he has printed his pension statement with 7.8m though hes just in his 50's and not due for retirement yet, he has also given me his dorm account statement of 7.6k dollars.

his cooperative society has issued a letter and i have the treasury bills certificate, How do i explain all of this so i do not end up being slammed with insufficient funds and do you think my funds are enough

N.B tuition is 32k for the whole program, first year is 17k and i have paid 6k as deposit, my dad has 3 dependents and they are all in school

Thanks for your favorable response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by oyeleye900: 3:14pm On Mar 21, 2018
please i will like to ask the following question concerning my canada visa application
i and my wife applied on Feb 1, 2018 and was refused on March 1, 2018. i applied with student visa and my wife Temporary residence visa.
my wife was refused based on the travel history and insufficient funds.
i was refused based on insufficient fund, relationship between the sponsor and me, employment and academic history, travel history.
the program starts by may 1,2018. i am 31 years old , i applied for b.art and i have paid for acceptance and out of the first year tuition fees of which i submitted.
i submitted the following documents:
Sponsorship letter
my business letter
bank statements of me, wife and sponsor
waec results.
now, to my question i want to reapply by next week but i need advice , this time around i want to reapply for just only me and my wife will apply later in the year.
concerning the sponsor's account when i calculated the money , the truth is the money is not enough indeed, but she has promised to add to it to make it enough so that solves insufficient account
but how do i convince the V.O that she is my blood sister but she is married now andso her mind has changed?
how do i convince the VO that i will come back after4 years
i have done a degree here before , i was advised not to put it there before, should i put it now?.
i am in to computer art that is why i want to go and do B.art, how do i convince the V.O that i am really interested in the course?
What are the other evidences to show i am into computer art business?
what are those things i can put to the gap of those years?
Please advice your brother? thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.