Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,884 members, 7,851,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:07 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (802870 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 1:16pm On Mar 20, 2018
olugere:
Thank you sir for this beautiful eye opener information, I appreciate you God bless, am happy,

but once it is evaluated does it need it to be nototarize.

Particularly, my case:
1. I have a virgin land I want to pay up the money in my name( if I do deed of assignment and survey plan is it okay, or deed of assignment and building plan- which is cheaper and faster) ====land location Ekiti

2. My father house I want to transfer to my name, my father is dead but mummy is Your request tracking number is 883651. Your payment receipt number is R256990297.- what documents can I do on it to make it valid for Canadian home ties stuff=====house location Ekiti

You don't need to notarize after the valuation and survey is done. A lawyer can be able to craft a Deed of Transfer for you. There is also a sample of you google to help you see that it's not rocket science. Since your dad is dead, it's better than as a change from your mother to you or whoever is on the original documents. C of O is a long time to get, so please get a letter from government or even local government saying the land is legitimately your dads
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hotcakept2: 1:18pm On Mar 20, 2018
Kinfinity007:
yap, September

What course did you apply for?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 20, 2018
Am sorry there is serious typographical errors in what I senr

Particularly, my case:
1. I have a virgin land I want to pay up the money in my name( if I do deed of assignment and survey plan is it okay, or deed of assignment and building plan- which is cheaper and faster) ====land location Ekiti

2. My father house, I want to transfer to my name, my father is dead but mummy is still alive what documents can I do on it to make it valid for Canadian home ties stuff=====house location Ekiti

quote author=jnyuwa02 post=65998049]

You don't need to notarize after the valuation and survey is done. A lawyer can be able to craft a Deed of Transfer for you. There is also a sample of you google to help you see that it's not rocket science. Since your dad is dead, it's better than as a change from your mother to you or whoever is on the original documents. C of O is a long time to get, so please get a letter from government or even local government saying the land is legitimately your dads[/quote]
olugere:

Particularly, my case:

2. My father house, I want to transfer to my name, my father is dead but mummy is still alive what documents can I do on it to make it valid for Canadian home ties stuff=====house location Ekiti

You don't need to notarize after the valuation and survey is done. A lawyer can be able to craft a Deed of Transfer for you. There is also a sample of you google to help you see that it's not rocket science. Since your dad is dead, it's better than as a change from your mother to you or whoever is on the original documents. C of O is a long time to get, so please get a letter from government or even local government saying the land is legitimately your dads
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 1:32pm On Mar 20, 2018
alftdbts:
Please I need clarifications on this; My program Start date is Sept 2018 and Completion date is Sept 2023 as written on my acceptance letter. House what do you advise I input when filling my Study questionnaire on study duration. Stating 5yrs isn't logical, the program fast track is 1 year, but normal time is 2years. Max time is 5years they indicated. Already my study leave letter/notice from work carries a year and shall become active when Im ready to leave.

Also is it true that I cannot add any pictures to my application ... my awards plaque and my parents marriage pic in lieu of certificate? However both re printed in colored on A4 paper.

Please someone with adequate info should help me out on this.

I will caution against long study leave of two years. Is this realistic? They add nothing but incredibility to an application. What employer gives study leaves for that long and expect such a person to return after two years? Most companies don't give out study leaves except they are paying for you or you hold an extremely important position with them. Stay true if you don't have study leave and argue instead that with what experience you obtain in Canada, you hope to come back to the same company and obtain better promotion or even better, found a company of your own and be a respected voice and authority in Nigeria in the field. VOs are looking for an authentic voice.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 1:40pm On Mar 20, 2018
olugere:

Particularly, my case:

Do Deed of Transfer and a valuation of the land. A valuation will come with a diagrammatic plan. Try and obtain a letter too from the local government or better state government that land belongs to you, in lieu of a C of O. Can you do these? If you can that will surely take care of your concerns.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hotboss: 1:54pm On Mar 20, 2018
Please help. If anyone has experience with university of saskschewan Engineering MEng admissions.

I have filled a pre-qualification form since December 27th still date no final response.

I want to ask if someone can just go ahead and do the main application. Or does one have to wait until given a go ahead by the school?

Please urgent help. I already had one reject from Newbrunswick . Suggestion of Universities that does not need contacting potential supervisors before application is highly needed.

Thank you all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 2:24pm On Mar 20, 2018
jibb3rilz:
Okay then. But please i need clarification on what i am convincing the vo about

1. Is it the fact that I am self sponsoring myself, or

2. The fact that I will leave canada at the end of my 1 year program.

Thank you so much for your help.

The second one is most important
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Henwall(m): 3:03pm On Mar 20, 2018
cry cryI guess no one is willing to help cryI guess no one is willing to help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by WEIRDPC(m): 3:28pm On Mar 20, 2018
Henwall:
evening guys. please I need your help.
I just finished my Bsc in estate
management and I want to further my
education (Msc ) in canada. which
university offers the best affordable Msc
in real estate development and how do I go about it?
Henwall:
cry cryI guess no one is willing to help cryI guess no one is willing to help

This is a research you need to do yourself. You cant be certain there is a master's student in real estate development on the trend.

Best wishes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by swisster: 3:30pm On Mar 20, 2018
good afternoon guys, i really appreciate the effort of everyone in dis forum.

please i want to ask, do any1 hav idea if the V.O really confirm the amount of money is the students or sponsors account. because my dad transferred sum amount of money to my account,when i printed my statement of account,the money in my account is abt 6.6mil as closing balance.
after paying school fees and doing sum oda transaction am left with 1.3 mil.
so i went to my bank and ask the staff if Visa Officers check account balance of applicants, they said no, all the V.O does,is to confirm if the SOA is genuine,because VO don't hav right to check costomer acct balance .

so guys do they really check it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by nogara: 3:42pm On Mar 20, 2018
hello guys, is it compulsory one must have a supervisor before he/she can secure a masters admission in canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by alftdbts: 3:54pm On Mar 20, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

alftdbts

Indicate 2 years program on your study permit IMM form and questionnaire. Provide explanations on your SOP.
Also ask your employer to change the study leave approval for 2 years.
Those that submitted their application december/january complained that VFS workers refused them from submitting pictures. So, if this pictures are very important to you and you feel it will play a vital role on your visa application. Go with the printed coloured copy of the image to VFS and confirm if they will accept it.

All the best!

Thanks a lot bro. Understood!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by WEIRDPC(m): 4:36pm On Mar 20, 2018
nogara:
hello guys, is it compulsory one must have a supervisor before he/she can secure a masters admission in canada?

It is not compulsory to have a supervisor. Some schools give out admission without it. You just need to read the page of the department you're applying to, and look out for admission requirements.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ratawu: 4:37pm On Mar 20, 2018
IS IT COMPULSORY TO INCLUDE POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE WITH MY APPLICATION?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by olusolasusan: 4:45pm On Mar 20, 2018
nogara:

It depends. If you are going for a thesis-based masters, it is advisable you secure a supervisor. However, if you are considering a course-based masters, it may not be compulsory to secure a project advisor.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kylexy61(m): 5:41pm On Mar 20, 2018
Decreased even further. I thought it would start increasing by now. I have been reading from part 11 (though I only signed up last year) and I think this is the lowest I have seen so far.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by alftdbts: 5:53pm On Mar 20, 2018
jnyuwa02:

VFS will accept colored printed pictures, as long as you copy and paste them to your word document and enclose as part of your SOP. The truth is these pictures will not influence anything, CIC is more interested in hard proof. So of if you have a marriage certificate as proof of your parents marriage, it's way better route. Yes indicate two years. CIC will not give you an open ended visa for a masters lasting 5 years.

Thanks bro I get your point... I would take the marriage pic out and submit the award plaque picture alone. There is no marriage certificate again, wedding don pass 42years. Lol, maybe I should leave that out if it's not compulsory.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 6:13pm On Mar 20, 2018
jnyuwa02:

The list was out last week, if you have not been informed yet, it's probably a rejection coming or admission with no funding.
Hello bro, how do you verify this list?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by alftdbts: 6:16pm On Mar 20, 2018
jnyuwa02:

I will caution against long study leave of two years. Is this realistic? They add nothing but incredibility to an application. What employer gives study leaves for that long and expect such a person to return after two years? Most companies don't give out study leaves except they are paying for you or you hold an extremely important position with them. Stay true if you don't have study leave and argue instead that with what experience you obtain in Canada, you hope to come back to the same company and obtain better promotion or even better, found a company of your own and be a respected voice and authority in Nigeria in the field. VOs are looking for an authentic voice.

That's genius bro... trying to add a bit more home ties that was why I got that letter from my boss. We are quite close. Just as you said 2yrs study leave is unrealistic. Can I just tender the 1year letter like that and explain in my SOP that I intend to do the 1year Fast track program to make it tally. In my SOP I wrote that I intend to re-join my coy as a partner. Already I have what it takes to become one but I still need more leverage and edge.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by manlikegb: 6:44pm On Mar 20, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

10shuare,

A GCMS NOTE - Is a note that gives the factual reason to why a visa officer refused your application.

Use the below link to order for your GCMS Note. It goes for $5, but you will need a Permanent Residence of Canada, a citizenship , a Visitor, or a student who is legally residing in Canada to help order for this note. As it will require inputing their address on the form, filling the form and resending it back to them to order the note on your behalf.

Or better still, ask for the person's address over there in Canada, download the form and complete payment here in Nigeria.

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

All the best!

Good day everyone, I need urgent assistance please, I'm tryin to request GCMS notes through the atip site, however, I got to this point that I'm not sure what the correct answer is and thought to ask elders in the know. Pls find attached the particular question in the screen munch.

I guess it's the Immigratiom/Citizenship records, but then we need the GCMS for a denied TRV application(visitor's visa), hence my doubt.

Secondly, the denied application is for a family of 5. Husband, wife & 3 kids. Please how do we go about the consent letter? Can it be from the husband alone, or the wife must write one too, what about the kids(all below 18yrs).

Lastly, does the letter need to be addressed to a particular office in Canada, or it's enough to just write the letter giving permission for the Canada PR frithe me to request the information?

Thanks a lot.

@justwise, @jayfierce, @Jnyuwa02, @Frankrobbn1 and everyone please.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 6:44pm On Mar 20, 2018
alftdbts:

That's genius bro... trying to add a bit more home ties that was why I got that letter from my boss. We are quite close. Just as you said 2yrs study leave is unrealistic. Can I just tender the 1year letter like that and explain in my SOP that I intend to do the 1year Fast track program to make it tally. In my SOP I wrote that I intend to re-join my coy as a partner. Already I have what it takes to become one but I still need more leverage and edge.

I am more comfortable with you going for a two year program, not one year fast track. The longer the time for study the more your bonafides as a genuine student is shown. A two year study leave is highly contingent on how much pay and time you have been working for this company. Or leave the study leave entirely out and concentrate on other forms of ties that would compel your return to Nigeria after two years. There is very little evidence to show that study leave works anyways. The same thing for affidavits that people are doing swearing to come back to Nigeria after their studies. Or bonds signed between employee and employers promising to be sponsored and return. VOs are extremely fertile on the tricks people are using. You have to show something more personal and realistic. I had talked to this guy even with a good paying job in the petroleum industry going for a Phd for your years. We talked about a study leave and people's suggestion that he include a study leave of four years from his employers. At the end of the day, he decided personally against it as unrealistic. Guess what? He made the right call, his visa was approved without a study leave as that long period of study leave would have been grossly unrealistic.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by alftdbts: 7:07pm On Mar 20, 2018
jnyuwa02:

I am more comfortable with you going for a two year program, not one year fast track. The longer the time for study the more your bonafides as a genuine student is shown. A two year study leave is highly contingent on how much pay and time you have been working for this company. Or leave the study leave entirely out and concentrate on other forms of ties that would compel your return to Nigeria after two years. There is very little evidence to show that study leave works anyways. The same thing for affidavits that people are doing swearing to come back to Nigeria after their studies. Or bonds signed between employee and employers promising to be sponsored and return. VOs are extremely fertile on the tricks people are using. You have to show something more personal and realistic. I had talked to this guy even with a good paying job in the petroleum industry going for a Phd for your years. We talked about a study leave and people's suggestion that he include a study leave of four years from his employers. At the end of the day, he decided personally against it as unrealistic. Guess what? He made the right call, his visa was approved without a study leave as that long period of study leave would have been grossly unrealistic.

Your explanation is vivid.�� I really appreciate and I agree with everything you said. I see the reality in VOs not buying the idea of a return to same work place when they arent the mastermind of one's training or educational upgrade, not realistic. Even a white man in his country would likely join a larger firm with his better qualifications and reap dividends accrued to the advancement. I will take the study leave letter out and buttress family, personal and social ties. And explain the program time and intention to finish within 2years. I hope this would be sufficient!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ratawu: 7:08pm On Mar 20, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Good submission

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 7:35pm On Mar 20, 2018
alftdbts:

Your explanation is vivid.�� I really appreciate and I agree with everything you said. I see the reality in VOs not buying the idea of a return to same work place when they arent the mastermind of one's training or educational upgrade, not realistic. Even a white man in his country would likely join a larger firm with his better qualifications and reap dividends accrued to the advancement. I will take the study leave letter out and buttress family, personal and social ties. And explain the program time and intention to finish within 2years. I hope this would be sufficient!

Yes this is good. Argue that you intend to come back to the same company at a higher position, that with a masters from CAnada, you would be highly desirable to the company and very much respected in Nigeria. If you have land, assets, spouse or children, it's very good way to concentrate on showing additional ties.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by alftdbts: 8:05pm On Mar 20, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Yes this is good. Argue that you intend to come back to the same company at a higher position, that with a masters from CAnada, you would be highly desirable to the company and very much respected in Nigeria. If you have land, assets, spouse or children, it's very good way to concentrate on showing additional ties.

Okay!!! I have several hometies aside a spouse and child. But I mentioned in my SOP that we got engaged lately. That was Dec though., or it has to be marriage or nothing else.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 8:27pm On Mar 20, 2018
swisster:
good afternoon guys, i really appreciate the effort of everyone in dis forum.

please i want to ask, do any1 hav idea if the V.O really confirm the amount of money is the students or sponsors account. because my dad transferred sum amount of money to my account,when i printed my statement of account,the money in my account is abt 6.6mil as closing balance.
after paying school fees and doing sum oda transaction am left with 1.3 mil.
so i went to my bank and ask the staff if Visa Officers check account balance of applicants, they said no, all the V.O does,is to confirm if the SOA is genuine,because VO don't hav right to check costomer acct balance .

so guys do they really check it?
swisster,
I have discussed this previously on the past thread 13. Please explore to the link below:
https://www.nairaland.com/3948393/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/486#65484133

Thank You!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by megapixels: 8:35pm On Mar 20, 2018
jnyuwa02:

We have seen a guy here denied for having an EE application. The VO pointed to that application as evidence that he won't depart Canada in as much as he argued otherwise. Age too can be an issue as you are not the traditional school age. That would make VOs doubt your purpose of visit, but the onus is on you to argue that your intention is to be a genuine stident. Since you have filed an EE application, I will advice you make your ties to Nigeria stronger than ever. Land, asset, family, marriage certificate, etc. PGD too is a giveaway, I will advice a masters degree to stand stronger chance of prevailing. Do the needful hardwork of applying and getting into a masters if you have good GPA.

Thanks for your reply.I have strong home ties,i am married with 2 kids,i have a landed property.My finances can not afford a two year programme,i have a 2.2 so a Masters is out of it(Masters that will add value to my first degree and job experiences are pretty expensive) that is why i decided on doing a 1 year course.
What are my chances?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by swisster: 8:36pm On Mar 20, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

swisster,
I have discussed this previously on the past thread 13. Please explore to the link below:
https://www.nairaland.com/3948393/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/486#65484133

Thank You!

Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 8:48pm On Mar 20, 2018
alftdbts:

Okay!!! I have several hometies aside a spouse and child. But I mentioned in my SOP that we got engaged lately. That was Dec though., or it has to be marriage or nothing else.
alftdbts,

Engaged as the word goes is not a tie to your home country, in as much as in the nearest future you might decide not to marry him/her. So get married and present your marriage certificate as it is more regarded by cic.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by JoseJonn(f): 11:13pm On Mar 20, 2018
My people my people... I hail ooo!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by NathyBongos: 11:27pm On Mar 20, 2018
Uzee24:

I pray it turns out positive for U.
Couldnt get into Saskatchewan, no reason was given. Got their letter on 1st March dat I was not recommended for admission.
Good thing, I had a backup.
hello bro ,I think you should be able to re apply without paying a penny.maybe you should contact the department to know why you were rejected.don't give up!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (517)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.