Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,780 members, 7,831,514 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (791633 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by njbybrthnly: 3:21pm On Mar 21, 2018
Hello everyone,

I want to appreciate you all for the great job you are doing here. Please I need to know if it's possible to apply for a work permit for your spouse as you're applying for your study permit.

Thanks in advance for your replies
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Cherryola: 3:28pm On Mar 21, 2018
@oyeleye900 did you inform them in your other application that you have a degree here and you add the certificate to your application b4 submitting it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jibb3rilz: 3:30pm On Mar 21, 2018
Ok. Thank you for your help.

mcobex:
The second one is most important
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by oyeleye900: 3:40pm On Mar 21, 2018
Cherryola:
@oyeleye900 did you inform them in your other application that you have a degree here and you add the certificate to your application b4 submitting it
no i didn't inform them i have a degree before
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by oyeleye900: 3:42pm On Mar 21, 2018
Cherryola:
please can you give answers to the rest of questions, i want to reapply and get the visa. thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nwachinaemelu1: 4:03pm On Mar 21, 2018
[quote author=Famzyactivity post=66027722][/quote]

Hello...yes I applied to MUN for Fall 2018, I applied since Nov last year but still awaiting a decision from them. I know a couple of persons have been granted admission though, some as early as December last year. However, I got an information that admission would be made between March and April for most departments. From what I read on the graduate school site, different academic units have different timelines for their admission process, it all depends on the academic unit. So tell your friend to stay hopeful. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 4:26pm On Mar 21, 2018
oyeleye900:
please i will like to ask the following question concerning my canada visa application
i and my wife applied on Feb 1, 2018 and was refused on March 1, 2018. i applied with student visa and my wife Temporary residence visa.
my wife was refused based on the travel history and insufficient funds.
i was refused based on insufficient fund, relationship between the sponsor and me, employment and academic history, travel history.
the program starts by may 1,2018. i am 31 years old , i applied for b.art and i have paid for acceptance and out of the first year tuition fees of which i submitted.
i submitted the following documents:
Sponsorship letter
my business letter
bank statements of me, wife and sponsor
waec results.
now, to my question i want to reapply by next week but i need advice , this time around i want to reapply for just only me and my wife will apply later in the year.
concerning the sponsor's account when i calculated the money , the truth is the money is not enough indeed, but she has promised to add to it to make it enough so that solves insufficient account
1-) but how do i convince the V.O that she is my blood sister but she is married now andso her mind has changed?
how do i convince the VO that i will come back after4 years
2-) I have done a degree here before , i was advised not to put it there before, should i put it now?. Don't dare it
3-) I am in to computer art that is why i want to go and do B.art, how do i convince the V.O that i am really interested in the course?
4-) what are the other evidences to show i am into computer art business?
5-) what are those things i can put to the gap of those years?
Please advice your brother? thanks

oyeleye900,

On behalf of this great forum, we say we are deeply sorry about the outcome of your application.

Sir! Sorry to say but your chances of securing study visa is extremely slim. What have you been doing since you last left school? Even If you pay up your full tuition and your sponsor has a good balance left has not in away solved the issue.
I have said this countless times on this thread, applicants should not be in a hurry to reapply, always address the concerns of the visa officer first before re-applying by ordering for your GCMS NOTE - https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=et
Sir! I bet you, if you should reapply without addressing the concerns of the visa officer about your previous refused application, you will be denied again with the same reason.
1-) You can show proof of relationship with your sister by adding documents like:
i-) Birth certificate.
ii-) Newspaper change of name.
iii-) Marriage certificate.

2-) To convince a Visa officer that you are a bona-fide student and will return after your studies in Canada, you have to establish strong ties to your home country, your prospects back home, investments/assests/landed property etc... Again, I advise you apply alone, while your wife(spouse) serve as a tie to you.
What made you not to indicate that you're a graduate? Don't dare to add such certificates to your application (if not you will be charged for misrepresentation) and do you know what comes after this..... A five(5) years ban. Please whatsoever information you have filled on your IMM study permit app form should not be altered, as it has already been stored on CIC database. That is the essence of asking you to validate your application form and generate a barcode. So, stay clear and continue with what you have started.

The rest 3,4 and 5 questions___ You should know better than we do.

All the best!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Omoarukheo(f): 4:29pm On Mar 21, 2018
Omoarukheo:
Hi guys,

i am about to submit my application, my sponsor is my dad and the balance of all his bank statements put together is about 500k

he has invested in treasury bills which would be liquidated in june 2018 worth about 4.5m, he has contribution with his cooperative society worth about 4.4m, he has printed his pension statement with 7.8m though hes just in his 50's and not due for retirement yet, he has also given me his dorm account statement of 7.6k dollars.

his cooperative society has issued a letter and i have the treasury bills certificate, How do i explain all of this so i do not end up being slammed with insufficient funds and do you think my funds are enough

N.B tuition is 32k for the whole program, first year is 17k and i have paid 6k as deposit, my dad has 3 dependents and they are all in school

Thanks for your favorable response

Cc frankrobben1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Chelda: 4:40pm On Mar 21, 2018
Hello Family,

So i heard that in recent times, if you wish to apply for Permanent Residence after graduation from an institution in Canada and despite having a Post-Graduate Work Permit (plus the required years for eligibility), you will have to return to Nigeria.

Can Someone please confirm or rebut this information?

Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by WEIRDPC(m): 4:47pm On Mar 21, 2018
Omoarukheo:
Hi guys,

i am about to submit my application, my sponsor is my dad and the balance of all his bank statements put together is about 500k

he has invested in treasury bills which would be liquidated in june 2018 worth about 4.5m, he has contribution with his cooperative society worth about 4.4m, he has printed his pension statement with 7.8m though hes just in his 50's and not due for retirement yet, he has also given me his dorm account statement of 7.6k dollars.

his cooperative society has issued a letter and i have the treasury bills certificate, How do i explain all of this so i do not end up being slammed with insufficient funds and do you think my funds are enough

N.B tuition is 32k for the whole program, first year is 17k and i have paid 6k as deposit, my dad has 3 dependents and they are all in school

cc Jnyuwa02 mcobex frankrobbn1, visaofficer1 and other gurus

please help!!!!

thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 21, 2018
[quote author=Frankrobbn1 post=66034056]
oyeleye900,

On behalf of this great forum, we say we are deeply sorry about the outcome of your application.

Sir! Sorry to say but your chances of securing study visa is extremely slim. What have you been doing since you last left school? Even If you pay up your full tuition and your sponsor has a good balance left has not in away solved the issue.
I have said this countless times on this thread, applicants should not be in a hurry to reapply, always address the concerns of the visa officer first before re-applying by ordering for your GCMS NOTE - https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=et
Sir! I bet you, if you should reapply without addressing the concerns of the visa officer about your previous refused application, you will be denied again with the same reason.
1-) You can show proof of relationship with your sister by adding documents like:
i-) Birth certificate.

2-) To convince a Visa officer that you are a bona-fide student and will return after your studies in Canada, you have to establish strong ties to your home country, your prospects back home, investments/assests/landed property etc... Again, I advise you apply alone, while your wife(spouse) serve as a tie to you.

[b]What made you not to indicate that you're a graduate? Don't dare to add such certificates to your application (if not you will be charged for misrepresentation) and do you know what comes after this..... [b]A five(5) years

Bros what do you advise, if I have M. Sc already in Nigeria and am still going for M. SC, do you say I should not declare that I have M. SC in Nigeria
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Rickywowoz: 4:50pm On Mar 21, 2018
nwugon:
I have a room basement for rent, 7mins walk to University of Regina. 400$ all utilities inclusive.
Interested
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 5:02pm On Mar 21, 2018
Omoarukheo:
Hi guys,

Omoarukheo:

Cc frankrobben1

Omoarukheo,

You don't need to worry about insufficient funds, your dad financial establishment is very strong to settle for your bills in Canada. For the visa officer not to misunderstand your financial aid. You need to clarify them that your dad 500k bank statement is not the primary proof of funds to your studies in Canada, as there are other source of his income, which are easily accesible to you.
Thus, you have to present a well refurbished letter of sponsorship declaring all his financial worth and provide supporting documents to evident this fact:
Submit the treasury bills certificate, Your dad 500k bank statement, his cooperative society worth, pension statements, his dorm account statement and your tuition receipt Let it be known to them that funds will be made available for your studies in Canada through this financial documents. I believe this should handle insufficient funds.

Please feel free to ask questions, if the above isn't sufficient enough.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Cherryola: 5:05pm On Mar 21, 2018
@oyeleye900 what did you explain you 10years activities and what was your last degree it is ND certificate OR HND
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Austinpee4: 5:08pm On Mar 21, 2018
@Visaofficer1

If i were to go by your responses and profile, i most likely would agree that a consular officer has finally joined the Canadian study thread as seen in the US study thread.

If this is the case, you are welcome. The precision and accuracy in your responses leaves a lot to look out for moving forward.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 5:13pm On Mar 21, 2018
Chelda:
Hello Family,

So i heard that in recent times, if you wish to apply for Permanent Residence after graduation from an institution in Canada and despite having a Post-Graduate Work Permit (plus the required years for eligibility), you will have to return to Nigeria.

Can Someone please confirm or rebut this information?

Thank you so much
Chelda,
It's not true sir/Ma! you don't need to come back to Nigeria.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by loveson(m): 5:13pm On Mar 21, 2018
Hello Guys.

I already have an existing Express Entry profile i.e in Express Entry Pool, if I apply for a Study Permit, is it likely to be rejected because of the existing EE profile or Dual intent is possible??

Thanks for your responses
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 5:19pm On Mar 21, 2018
loveson:
Hello Guys.

I already have an existing Express Entry profile i.e in Express Entry Pool, if I apply for a Study Permit, is it likely to be rejected because of the existing EE profile or Dual intent is possible??

loveson,

The attachment from CIC webpage will best answer your query.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by oyeleye900: 5:24pm On Mar 21, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

oyeleye900,

i-) Birth certificate.

What made you not to indicate that you're a graduate? Don't dare to add such certificates to your application (if not you will be charged for misrepresentation) and do you know what comes after this..... A five(5) years ban. Please whatsoever information you have filled on your IMM study permit app form can not be altered, as it has already been stored on CIC database. That is the essence of asking you to validate your application form and provide a barcode. So, stay clear and continue with what you have started.

The rest 3,4 and 5 questions___ You should know better than we do.

All the best!
Thanks very much for your reply, please i hope if i can tackle all this five issues correctly , i would be handed the visa? especially the no 2? Because i am afraid when you said my chances are extremely slim. What is your advice. i will apply alone just like you said and tackle the issues raised by VO. nut what are my chances after this? thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Austinpee4: 5:36pm On Mar 21, 2018
loveson:
Hello Guys.

Having a dual intent is legitimate. However, you MUST meet the requirements of each application as well as their categories. Since a requirement of the temporary resident visa category(Study permit) is to satisfy an officer that you would leave Canada at the end of your study irrespective of an existing application for a PR, you must meet it and convince an officer.

Unfortunately, a lot of applicants are not able to do this because they most often can't prove enough home ties to compel return at the end of their study. With a PR application at the same time and with no strong convictions to satisfy an officer that they would leave Canada after their temporary residence, it becomes more evident that the applicant main purpose is immigration on both path.

If you have very strong reasons evidentially and convincingly to satisfy the officer that you would likely leave Canada after your study even though your PR application is ongoing, you are good. It will NOT be refused as both applications are not dependent on each other. The onus is on you to satisfy the officer based on the stipulations of issuance of a study permit and meeting all requirements. If you don't, the officer will enforce the provisions of the law against your application and intent.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Austinpee4: 5:50pm On Mar 21, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Cross checking not only offer of scholarship, but admission letter too. You have no way to know what and where the embassy undertakes in verifying its information, it's important to come clean in all facets of what you submitting to it. Whether they can confirm the authenticity of a bank statement or can actually verify the authentic amount in the bank statement is not a matter of our concern, its the embassy's preregotive

Why would you be sure this moniker has 'no way to know'?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 5:56pm On Mar 21, 2018
Austinpee4:

Why would you be sure this moniker has 'no way to know'?

Because we ain't privy to all the ways VO undertake in verifying their info, it's important to submit only genuine stuff. I wouldn't put it past them to enjoy some special privilege of access through an extended database.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by loveson(m): 6:08pm On Mar 21, 2018
Thank you

Frankrobbn1:

loveson,

The attachment from CIC webpage will best answer your query.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by loveson(m): 6:10pm On Mar 21, 2018
Thank you

Austinpee4:

Having a dual intent is legitimate. However, you MUST meet the requirements of each application as well as their categories. Since a requirement of the temporary resident visa category(Study permit) is to satisfy an officer that you would leave Canada at the end of your study irrespective of an existing application for a PR, you must meet it and convince an officer.

Unfortunately, a lot of applicants are not able to do this because they most often can't prove enough home ties to compel return at the end of their study. With a PR application at the same time and with no strong convictions to satisfy an officer that they would leave Canada after their temporary residence, it becomes more evident that the applicant main purpose is immigration on both path.

If you have very strong reasons evidentially and convincingly to satisfy the officer that you would likely leave Canada after your study even though your PR application is ongoing, you are good. It will NOT be refused as both applications are not dependent on each other. The onus is on you to satisfy the officer based on the stipulations of issuance of a study permit and meeting all requirements. If you don't, the officer will enforce the provisions of the law against your application and intent.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Austinpee4: 6:12pm On Mar 21, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Because we ain't privy to all the ways VO undertake in verifying their info, it's important to submit only genuine stuff. I wouldn't put it past them to enjoy some special privilege of access through an extended database.
You know, one thing i have learnt over the period i joined this thread is to have some reservations, observe consistently and closely and read information with keen interest. Time has always revealed a lot and often times, make us realise that conclusiveness could elude objectivity. There is more to that moniker than you already think, trust me. I'll advise you give it sometime before you surmise. As time goes on, the issue of 'being privy' would have been long glaring.

Also, the response did not suggest otherwise about submitting genuine stuff. If you read closely, that information has been reiterated here repeatedly and isn't contrary to what is truth and obtainable.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 6:24pm On Mar 21, 2018
oyeleye900:

Thanks very much for your reply, please i hope if i can tackle all this five issues correctly , i would be handed the visa? especially the no 2? Because i am afraid when you said my chances are extremely slim. What is your advice. i will apply alone just like you said and tackle the issues raised by VO. nut what are my chances after this? thanks
oyeleye900,
Going for undergraduate program at 31yrs of age needs a convincing SOP. It would have been better if you had presented your first degree certificate on your previous refused application and then go for masters degree or PGD depending on your CGPA. But since you didn't declare your degree at the first place, then you need to work on your study gaps, explain to the visa officer what you have been doing since you last left school. Why haven't you enrolled into a degree or training program.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 6:46pm On Mar 21, 2018
Austinpee4:

You know, one thing i have learnt over the period i joined this thread is to have some reservations, observe consistently and closely and read information with keen interest. Time has always revealed a lot and often times, make us realise that conclusiveness could elude objectivity. There is more to that moniker than you already think, trust me. I'll advise you give it sometime before you surmise. As time goes on, the issue of 'being privy' would have been long glaring.

Also, the response did not suggest otherwise about submitting genuine stuff. If you read closely, that information has been reiterated here repeatedly and isn't contrary to what is truth and obtainable.

Submit genuine stuff, there will be less time for articulating a universe of opinions that abounds in what VOs have power to do and how they go about obtaining information. Simple as that. Let's move to better things.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bayocanny: 6:48pm On Mar 21, 2018
Austinpee4:
@Visaofficer1

If i were to go by your responses and profile, i most likely would agree that a consular officer has finally joined the Canadian study thread as seen in the US study thread.

If this is the case, you are welcome. The precision and accuracy in your responses leaves a lot to look out for moving forward.

You're right bro but I would like justwise to confirm the authenticity of this moniker.

Cc: justwise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 7:10pm On Mar 21, 2018
Henwall:

please I need a reply guys
. Google is in d best position to correctly answer ur question
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by John3090: 7:20pm On Mar 21, 2018
Hello guys pls help me out , to avoid mistake I am submitting next tomorrow this is my profile ( am 20)

Fully completed and signed CIC forms for study permit
Admission letter ,acceptance letter from the university (undergraduate) the total fee for one year is 24k CAD
Waec certificate
School testimonial
SOP
Letter of sponsorship from my mom company
( she is the owner)
My mom company account running 25m and her personal account running 23m
Bank reference letters for the two account with
Good source of income
Letter of affifvate of support from mom
My birth certificate
My mom company documents CAC and proof of ownership of a land

Guys please it is okay ,is there anything to add?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 7:34pm On Mar 21, 2018
First of all, order for GCMs note. This will give u the actual reasons for ur refusal . Do not rush to apply.Do the right thing by applying for ur GCMS. Shalom
oyeleye900:
please i will like to ask the following question concerning my canada visa application
i and my wife applied on Feb 1, 2018 and was refused on March 1, 2018. i applied with student visa and my wife Temporary residence visa.
my wife was refused based on the travel history and insufficient funds.
i was refused based on insufficient fund, relationship between the sponsor and me, employment and academic history, travel history.
the program starts by may 1,2018. i am 31 years old , i applied for b.art and i have paid for acceptance and out of the first year tuition fees of which i submitted.
i submitted the following documents:
Sponsorship letter
my business letter
bank statements of me, wife and sponsor
waec results.
now, to my question i want to reapply by next week but i need advice , this time around i want to reapply for just only me and my wife will apply later in the year.
concerning the sponsor's account when i calculated the money , the truth is the money is not enough indeed, but she has promised to add to it to make it enough so that solves insufficient account
but how do i convince the V.O that she is my blood sister but she is married now andso her mind has changed?
how do i convince the VO that i will come back after4 years
i have done a degree here before , i was advised not to put it there before, should i put it now?.
i am in to computer art that is why i want to go and do B.art, how do i convince the V.O that i am really interested in the course?
What are the other evidences to show i am into computer art business?
what are those things i can put to the gap of those years?
Please advice your brother? thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.