Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,626 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (787247 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 10:53pm On Jun 06, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

olugere,

I want to drop into conclusion that you're a paper route applicant..

1-) You're expected to submit originals of bank statement. Letters addressed to the embassy should be originals and all other supporting documents are meant to be photocopies. You don't necessarily need to notarize your documents before submission.

2-) You can certify/notarize your documents in a notary public office.

3-) Documents that needs to be notarized are documents that does not bear an official signature or stamp on them. If your documents has an official stamp and sign, then there is no need notarising them.

4-) To notarize a document, you will need to take along the original copy to a notary public office, of which it will cost you between the sum of N500-700 per document, depending on your bargaining skills.

All the best!
Cc: Olugere , visit the notary public office in ikeja high court and it will be done.
GOOD JOB FRANKIE wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by HiSignature: 10:55pm On Jun 06, 2018
Yes, you have to and it is easy.
Just apply on ACRO website, two days for 80 pounds and 10 days for 45 pounds only.

MrsDaniels:

Yes love we are exempted from doing the medicals. But seems we to submit police cert.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 06, 2018
@ frankrobbn, you have made me happy God will made you happy and you sing a sweet song concerning you're TRV.

But kindly finish this.

••••••••••Do I need to fill any applications form for 3years old and 1 year children who is accompany gme to Canada.

I want to applyy for study permit for mysel••••••••••

Frankrobbn1:

olugere,

I want to drop into conclusion that you're a paper route applicant..

1-) You're expected to submit originals of bank statement. Letters addressed to the embassy should be originals and all other supporting documents are meant to be photocopies. You don't necessarily need to notarize your documents before submission.

2-) You can certify/notarize your documents in a notary public office at Alagbon Passport Office Lagos, Alausa Passport Office, Ikeja high court of law etc...

3-) Documents that needs to be notarized are documents that does not bear an official signature or stamp on them. If your documents has an official stamp and sign, then there is no need notarising them.

4-) To notarize a document, you will need to take along the original copy to a notary public office, of which it will cost you between the sum of N500-700 per document, depending on your bargaining skills.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jun 06, 2018
Mcobex thank you sing a new song too TRV

mcobex:
Cc: Olugere , visit the notary public office in ikeja high court and it will be done.
GOOD JOB FRANKIE wink
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jun 06, 2018

°•••••••••••••Do I need to fill any applications form for 3years old and 1 year children who is accompany gme to Canada.

I want to applyy for study permit for mysel•••••••••••••••

mcobex:
GOOD JOB FRANKIE wink
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by uyplus(m): 11:07pm On Jun 06, 2018
Hi, My review eligibility status has changed to "we are reviewing". This is the 6th week since I submitted my application and the visa processing time at the time of submission was estimated at 7weeks. Will I be expecting a response from them soon? I applied 27th of April. I did upfront medicals too. I am a Pharmacist and got admitted for a masters in public health at the University of Western Ontario (a top school in Canada). What is the review eligibility process about?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Mrsecman: 11:19pm On Jun 06, 2018
kylexy61:

Yes. They normally don't send emails when they start eligibility review.

Thanks you Senior
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 11:20pm On Jun 06, 2018
olugere:

°•••••••••••••Do I need to fill any applications form for 3years old and 1 year children who is accompany gme to Canada.

I want to applyy for study permit for mysel•••••••••••••••

Have you been able to get daycare for them? If yes, then apply for trv for them as well(fill one form for each) but if you haven't secured any daycare you will have to explain to the vo your plans in getting them one as sooon as you arrive(as the vo expect them to be taken care of while you are in school) then you apply for visit visa for them to enable them enter Canada.
NB: Though someone once said his/her friend couldn't secure any daycare as at the time of her application(cos there was no opening for her child) but she still applied for trv for them(after submitting the list of daycare she contacted)......... I cant remember the full story for now but you can try and search for it on the "search" space
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:21pm On Jun 06, 2018
HerMoney:

Thank you Frankrobbn1.

Law graduate with 2nd Class Lower. Currently employed in a Legal position.
Applied for a Professional Communications PGC at Centennial College. Earlier applied for Masters at Ryerson but did not get admission.
I have brief experience in Communications from an internship so I'm changing career from Law to Media and Communications.
Was refused based on Travel History, Purpose of Visit, Personal Assets and Financial Status.
Submitted all necessary forms, Parents' Land docs and wrote an SOP explaining my academic and professional history and my interest and experience in communications. Did not submit my bank statement coz my salary is paid in cash. I feel like sometimes, they focus on what you don't have rather than what you do have.

HerMoney,

Well, including a salary bank statement with your application adds more credibility, but I don't think you being unable to include one with your application was what lead to your visa refusal. An employment letter, introductory letter, 3-4 payslips and work ID can evidence your current employment situation.
Back to business, while looking closely from your profile, it happens that you have few/little experience in your intended program, which could further buttress your intent/purpose to be solely for studies to the visa officer and also considering that you're currently working in a legal position, which is not reasonable in control to your proposed course and having studied Law in your previous studies shows no logical progression between your current employment, previous studies and your intended program.

The short and long story is that, you quickly order for your GCMS Note's then we could know the factual reasons behind your refusal and then pick it up from there.

It shall end in praises next time!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Mrsecman: 11:23pm On Jun 06, 2018
nivlek000:

Really fast. They should do me like that na. Applied since 20th April. Still on background check.
God will do the best for us all

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:29pm On Jun 06, 2018
olugere:

@ frankrobbn, you have made me happy God will made you happy and you sing a sweet song concerning you're TRV.

But kindly finish this.

••••••••••Do I need to fill any applications form for 3years old and 1 year children who is accompany gme to Canada.

I want to applyy for study permit for mysel••••••••••

olugere,

I'm honoured to get such prayers and best wishes from you! I sincerely appreciate and I say AMEN to that!

For your accompanying Kids, you will be expected to fill a separate TRV form for each of them as newly stated by CIC. When filling the family form be sure you click on Accompanying me to Canada for each of them

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jun 06, 2018
Am a bit not clear,

IMM 5707 form (family information form) , this form does not give space to fill siblings information , that is the brothers and sisters of the principal applicant .

I want ask people who has filled recently may be this is a place for siblings or it has been cancelled.

The IMM 5409 (common law statutory declaration form) after filling, how do I do about it, should I take for notarize?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 11:38pm On Jun 06, 2018
olugere:
Am a bit not clear,

IMM 5707 form (family information form) , this form does not give space to fill siblings information , that is the brothers and sisters of the principal applicant .

I want ask people who has filled recently may be this is a place for siblings or it has been cancelled.

The IMM 5409 (common law statutory declaration form) after filling, how do I do about it, should I take for notarize?

Thanks
The sibling aspect has been cancelled(I guess cic don't think siblings are strong enough ties).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jewel80(f): 11:41pm On Jun 06, 2018
uyplus:
Hi, My review eligibility status has changed to "we are reviewing". This is the 6th week since I submitted my application and the visa processing time at the time of submission was estimated at 7weeks. Will I be expecting a response from them soon? I applied 27th of April. I did upfront medicals too. I am a Pharmacist and got admitted for a masters in public health at the University of Western Ontario (a top school in Canada). What is the review eligibility process about?

Whyis your biometrics field not showing completed?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by JoseJonn(f): 11:43pm On Jun 06, 2018
[quote author=Frankrobbn1 post=68248542]
olugere,

I'm honoured to get such prayers and best wishes from you! I sincerely appreciate and I say AMEN to that!

Amen and amen!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by JoseJonn(f): 11:46pm On Jun 06, 2018
Jewel80:

That's the new trend. Mine is the same. I don't think it's an issue.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jun 06, 2018
Okay, just to be on safer side,

Thank you, in my village in ekiti, they say small prayer is better than big curse, I pray my family testimony about our Canadian TRV visa approve will amaze Millions so shall it be for your family, which means your family TRV will be approve and my family TRV will approve too amen. Am not God, but he created me

mcobex:
The sibling aspect has been cancelled(I guess cic don't think siblings are strong enough ties).

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 11:47pm On Jun 06, 2018
I believed he did paper application.
Jewel80:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 11:49pm On Jun 06, 2018
olugere:

Okay, just to be on safer side,

Thank you, in my village in ekiti, they say small prayer is better than big curse, I pray my family testimony about our Canadian TRV visa approve will amaze Millions so shall it be for your family, which means your family TRV will be approve and my family TRV will approve too amen. Am not God, but he created me

AMEN! Thank you, Best of luck as well.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by odimbannamdi(m): 11:50pm On Jun 06, 2018
emeify:
I would like to say something about SOPs - its a strategy I used that I think people can adopt.
Try and bold the parts of your SOP that you want the VO to see and pay attention to.
You know that the SOP is a sea of words - they usually just scan through but they can stop at the parts that
are bolded. Its just an advise

makes sense

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by idolda: 12:27am On Jun 07, 2018
Good morning house, I'm interested in studying Master in Public Health in Canada but I'm worried my cgpa might not be strong enough considering that I have checked 2 schools and discovered that although 70/75 per cent was there minimum admission requirement, it was clearly stated that some people with 80 per cent last year got denied as their grade weren't competitive enough.

My overall cgpa is 3.76 while for the last 2 university years is 3.9 or 79 per cent

With this do you think I won't have issue with visa if I apply for Postgraduate studies in community health which is in line with my course and work experience (Public Health)?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by wealth360: 12:51am On Jun 07, 2018
Phocusjosh:
I believed he did paper application.
you are right. He did paper app. He should get a response soon.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by wealth360: 12:52am On Jun 07, 2018
uyplus:
Hope for the best soon.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 1:26am On Jun 07, 2018
MrsDaniels:
@frankrobbn Thanks alot dear you made it easier, i saw statutory Declaration of common law union form in both mine and that of my hubbys SOwp page too do i need to fill it? And there is a place it mentioned it to be signed by a notary person do i need to do all of that?
I dont need to do medical test as have been here for more than a year. Please what documents would you suggest i submit and also for SOP can you give a clue?? And lastly would my hubby need to write SOP too as he is my dependant and not primary applicant. Thanks alot darl. Will be expecting your response.

Hello Madam,

Glad to hear you find the previous piece useful.
In my understanding you need to fill up the statutory declaration of common law union only if your common law partner is your co signer. Meaning, you've to fill the form while your hubby is the co-signer.

Yes! It was clearly stated on the form, that you will either need a notary public, commissioner of oaths or commissioner of taking affidavit. In this case, you will need one to administer the declaration.

To mention a few, OTHER DOCUMENTS CAN BE:
Your Acceptance letter
Spouse's passport bio data page
Spouse's passport visa stamped pages
Your passport bio data page
Marriage certificate
Your birth certificate
You and your spouse educational certificate(degree)
You and your spouse bank statements for the past 4 months.
Property evaluation (if any)
Wedding photos
Your employment verification letter if you working.
Your pay stubs for the past 4 months
Promotion letters(if any)
Your travel history (Stamped visa pages).
Your birth certificate.

Below are some of the clues found on a traditional Canada study permit SOP: Each paragraph must have a central idea and a different point.

Paragraph 1-) Academic and career profile should be discussed briefly.
Paragraph 2-) Why you choose the program of choice. 
Paragraph 3-) The school of choice. 
Paragraph 4-) Why you choose Canada and not Nigeria considering the high cost and difficulty of undertaking a foreign education.
Paragraph 5-) Financial provisions.
Paragraph 6-) Family ties in country of residence, what can compel your return home after studies.
Paragraph 7-) Career goals: What you intend to achieve at the end of the program in Canada, how it will enhance your career prospects back home and how it will be of paramount benefit to you in the future and to your home country.

Accompanying dependant (Spouse) doesn't need to tender an SOP as he is not the principal applicant.

Lastly, kindly extend your queries to the SOWP thread using the link below, as that's the ideal place to get answers to your questions not here. Presently, this forum is strictly for matters relating to Canada study visa.

SPOUSAL OPEN WORK PERMIT THREAD

All the best!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by alftdbts: 1:47am On Jun 07, 2018
Please what is the total cost for online study visa application with a Zenith/First bank debit card as advised. And does uploading of all documents comes first before payment. Pls kindly advise if upfront medicals is advisible
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 2:20am On Jun 07, 2018
mcobex:
You won't have any issues when you cross over, cic won't be too concerned about your change of course while in Canada. BEST OF LUCK!
Wow, Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by uyplus(m): 5:07am On Jun 07, 2018
Jewel80:

Because it's via paper route
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Austinpee4: 5:24am On Jun 07, 2018
wealth360:
Austinpee baba I hail u oooo. Sighting u from here
Baba niyen! I hail you pass o. How waka na? Make we relate for the other side.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by uyplus(m): 5:27am On Jun 07, 2018
wealth360:
Hope for the best soon.

Hmmmmm.. How soon? Any idea about how long eligibility review runs?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Austinpee4: 5:28am On Jun 07, 2018
Martswoll:
I owe y’all my timeline

Application : 28 February (online)
Biometrics: 1st March
Medical call : 10th May
Medical Done : 14th May
Medical updated to pass : 20th May
Passport request: 31st May
Passport stamped and collected: 5th June

Admitted into Post Baccalaureate Diploma in business administration.
School: Thompson Rivers university , Kamloops, British Columbia.

Even PGD applicants can get TRV , just make sure there are some prerequisites from your previous degree and make a mature sop .
Congratulations.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Austinpee4: 5:31am On Jun 07, 2018
CanadianNurse:
By the grace of God the boy don dey alright small now and will be more regular to contribute to the great forum
Where is mcobex Austinpee4 jnyuwa and my bosses
Present sir!! wink
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Hrhchris: 5:31am On Jun 07, 2018
A decision is close at hand. So just pray bro. My eligibility review took just 3 days and on the 4th day it was approved.
uyplus:

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.