Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,051 members, 7,821,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (805566 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 12:12am On May 27, 2018
Bab5:
Online application.... I didn't do medicals upfront. Still waiting for request, surprised nothing till now.

Let's be patient and hopeful.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 12:14am On May 27, 2018
ami05:
My husband application is 13 weeks now and nothing from CIC yet apart from Medical passed which was update like 2 months ago, so i called CIC yesterday on his behalf from Canada but I was told my husband should call the Visa office himself in Nigeria. I am really worried hmmmm
Question
Is it possible for application to be refused despite Medical passed and NO need of additional requiremens?
Again if it is paper application your husbby did, u can't call CIC on his behalf. Let him call Lagos office himself. Please don't call them again just leave it for husbby
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ami05: 1:23am On May 27, 2018
Thank you!! They are still reviewing his background check. I really pray and hope it will be approved by God's grace.

wealth360:
My dear just be patient okay. Some times silence is a positive sign of approval. Medical passed doesn't matter now. What u sud watch out for now is if CIC are done with his background check
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 6:40pm On May 27, 2018
ami05:
Thank you!! They are still reviewing his background check. I really pray and hope it will be approved by God's grace.

Aii. It will end in praise. Once the background check is done the line BTW reviewing for eligibility to approval or PPr is very short. Keep praying
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jimmychuks2018: 4:20am On May 28, 2018
Applied 19th April, biometrics 20th still on background check. What do they even look out for background check especially for someone who has previously applied and was refused!! Are they going to repeat security check again? Just wondering.

quote author=wealth360 post=67934631]Aii. It will end in praise. Once the background check is done the line BTW reviewing for eligibility to approval or PPr is very short. Keep praying[/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 8:48am On May 28, 2018
Jimmychuks2018:
Applied 19th April, biometrics 20th still on background check. What do they even look out for background check especially for someone who has previously applied and was refused!! Are they going to repeat security check again? Just wondering.

quote author=wealth360 post=67934631]Aii. It will end in praise. Once the background check is done the line BTW reviewing for eligibility to approval or PPr is very short. Keep praying
if background check was completed before in d previous application I don't think it should take more than 1 month to update that. Otherwise maybe they need more time to check new and added documents u used in the application again. My tot
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by dodoyemi: 7:36pm On May 31, 2018
I am the guy who's wife got work permit without medicals after 3 applications. I got some emails and calls from members asking me how i went about it, please send your requests on here and i will try to help as much as i can. Wifey arrived January,I got invitation to apply for PR ending of February, just got our PR approved and stamped on passport.... I just added my one year NYSC to my one year work experience with a good english language score and got a good score, so guys please also try the PR route while waiting for the work permit.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jimmychuks2018: 5:19pm On Jun 01, 2018
Nice one bro so with 33 months work experience as an admin assistant plus 1 year Nysc that's 3years 8months work experience right, so with this what's the least score I can get in English exam to be able to qualify for PR. By the way I can read and write french as well, 35years. What's my chances?

quote author=dodoyemi post=68061121]I am the guy who's wife got work permit without medicals after 3 applications. I got some emails and calls from members asking me how i went about it, please send your requests on here and i will try to help as much as i can. Wifey arrived January,I got invitation to apply for PR ending of February, just got our PR approved and stamped on passport.... I just added my one year NYSC to my one year work experience with a good english language score and got a good score, so guys please also try the PR route while waiting for the work permit.[/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by dodoyemi: 6:38pm On Jun 01, 2018
Score above average in your english test, your french is a big boost. Open a profile and set the ball rolling

Jimmychuks2018:

Nice one bro so with 33 months work experience as an admin assistant plus 1 year Nysc that's 3years 8months work experience right, so with this what's the least score I can get in English exam to be able to qualify for PR. By the way I can read and write french as well, 35years. What's my chances?

quote author=dodoyemi post=68061121]I am the guy who's wife got work permit without medicals after 3 applications. I got some emails and calls from members asking me how i went about it, please send your requests on here and i will try to help as much as i can. Wifey arrived January,I got invitation to apply for PR ending of February, just got our PR approved and stamped on passport.... I just added my one year NYSC to my one year work experience with a good english language score and got a good score, so guys please also try the PR route while waiting for the work permit.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OtunOba15(m): 9:48pm On Jun 04, 2018
Good day

please what's the current cost VSF charges for Open work permit application?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jimmychuks2018: 1:28pm On Jun 06, 2018
Why is this our group so quiet. Please let's share our timeline's at least. Applied April 19th still on background check. 7weeks and counting.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bab5: 5:53pm On Jun 06, 2018
This question should be for paper application, which I don't know the price. If you opt for online application, you will pay CAD$335 online, you won't pay at VFS except you opt for their SMS which was N460 as at early April 2018.
I hope this helps.

OtunOba15:
Good day

please what's the current cost VSF charges for Open work permit application?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bab5: 6:04pm On Jun 06, 2018
Hello guys....check my account yesterday and noticed some changes in IRCC web, most especially the date I read the messages sent into my account (it showing read on may 14) I hope this is not a problem. And am I the only one with this changes.

My application is 2month counting now(9weeks to be precise)....no updates except biometrics completed and background checking in progress.

I also noticed the processing time has changed to 14weeks now.....
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mikel88: 7:11pm On Jun 06, 2018
14weeks.. hmmm let the waiting continues.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 12:59am On Jun 07, 2018
Bab5:
Hello guys....check my account yesterday and noticed some changes in IRCC web, most especially the date I read the messages sent into my account (it showing read on may 14) I hope this is not a problem. And am I the only one with this changes.

My application is 2month counting now(9weeks to be precise)....no updates except biometrics completed and background checking in progress.

I also noticed the processing time has changed to 14weeks now.....
No cause for alarm. Its system upgrade that changed it. If you remember the processing time as at when you applied, then if your application has exceeded that time then you can send them a message on application update through their CSE form
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 1:01am On Jun 07, 2018
mikel88:
14weeks.. hmmm let the waiting continues.
It will apply to those who applied for their Work permit when it changes.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bab5: 3:10pm On Jun 07, 2018
Thank you @ wealth360. It was 12weeks processing time then. I will get favourably response by God's grace (Amen). Our expectations won't be cut short.

wealth360:
No cause for alarm. Its system upgrade that changed it. If you remember the processing time as at when you applied, then if your application has exceeded that time then you can send them a message on application update through their CSE form
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 1:03am On Jun 08, 2018
Bab5:
Thank you @ wealth360. It was 12weeks processing time then. I will get favourably response by God's grace (Amen). Our expectations won't be cut short.

Amen ooo
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Sask84: 5:30am On Jun 09, 2018
Hello Folks,

I don't know if I am in the right forum, just need y'all contribution. I had my Msc here in Regina-Saskatchewan, did coop(intern/IT) with the government of Saskatchewan and was retained. Applied for wife's open work permit with my study permit but also applied for my PGWP after 2weeks because I was long overdue for it, to cut long story short she was denied based financial assets and returning back to home country. Now I have been nominated for PR and she was included as a dependent and I want to reply for her work permit, my question now is do you guys think it's ideal to include her business documents since we already indicated that we will be staying here. Please any suggestion(s)? If I am in the wrong forum...please advise and redirect me as well.

Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 09, 2018
Sask84:
Hello Folks,

I don't know if I am in the right forum, just need y'all contribution. I had my Msc here in Regina-Saskatchewan, did coop(intern/IT) with the government of Saskatchewan and was retained. Applied for wife's open work permit with my study permit but also applied for my PGWP after 2weeks because I was long overdue for it, to cut long story short she was denied based financial assets and returning back to home country. Now I have been nominated for PR and she was included as a dependent and I want to reply for her work permit, my question now is do you guys think it's ideal to include her business documents since we already indicated that we will be staying here. Please any suggestion(s)? If I am in the wrong forum...please advise and redirect me as well.

Thanks

If you're the PA for the PR application, your wife does not have to work experience. You can go to https://www.nairaland.com/4472519/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled for your PR application questions.
As regards another OWP application, CIC doesn't frown against having it alongside the PR application but they may not approve it. Read more https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/dual-intent-applicants.html

I will advise you focus on the PR application.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ami05: 8:30pm On Jun 12, 2018
I'm soo happy.. Passport request mail received today and before my husband could have access to his mail I opened the mail first, I was in class when the email dropped because I always look forward to any email he received. My heart was beating fast and I started crying in class that my professor came to hug because I couldn't hold back my tears of joy.

Please do not give up and keep trying, he has been denied 4 times (rejected twice for study permit and twice for visitor visa) we just gave SOWP (5 attempt) a try and Alhamdulilah it was approved .

Submitted: Feb 25
Upfront medical
Medical passed March 25
Passport request June 12

Ignore my writing error��

11 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ami05: 8:32pm On Jun 12, 2018
Now I believe that sometimes silence is a positive sign of approval. Thanks for encouraging..

wealth360:
My dear just
be patient okay. Some times silence is a positive sign of approval. Medical passed doesn't matter now. What u sud watch out for now is if CIC are done with his background check

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mikel88: 8:36pm On Jun 12, 2018
ami05:
I'm soo happy.. Passport request mail received today and before my husband could have access to his mail I opened the mail first, I was in class when the email dropped because I always look forward to any email he received. My heart was beating fast and I started crying in class that my professor came to hug because I couldn't hold back my tears of joy.

Please do not give up and keep trying, he has been denied 3 times (rejected twice for study permit and once for visitor visa) we just gave SOWP a try and Alhamdulilah it was approved .

Upfront medical
Medical passed March 25
Passport request June 12

Congrat!..so happy for you and your husband.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by StudentsNG: 8:40pm On Jun 12, 2018
Now this is a great news!
Congrats to you and your hubby. Happy reunion!
ami05:

Please do not give up and keep trying, he has been denied 4 times (rejected twice for study permit and twice for visitor visa) we just gave SOWP (5 attempt) a try and Alhamdulilah it was approved .

Upfront medical
Medical passed March 25
Passport request June 12

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Pheisharah: 9:18pm On Jun 12, 2018
ami05:

Upfront medical
Medical passed March 25
Passport request June 12

Congratulations....it's worth the wait.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by StudentsNG: 9:53pm On Jun 12, 2018
2 quick questions: What program are you enrolled in (Msc/PhD?) and when is your study permit expiring? Thanks!

ami05:

Upfront medical
Medical passed March 25
Passport request June 12

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jimmychuks2018: 10:17pm On Jun 12, 2018
Congratulations. I tap into your testimony. I am next by God's grace. Amen
ami05:

Upfront medical
Medical passed March 25
Passport request June 12

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bab5: 10:21pm On Jun 12, 2018
Congratulations dear. Its worth the wait. I will testify by God's grace. More of this great news.
ami05:

Upfront medical
Medical passed March 25
Passport request June 12

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ami05: 3:28am On Jun 13, 2018
PGD and my study permit will expire by next year March.

StudentsNG:
2 quick questions: What program are you enrolled in (Msc/PhD?) and when is your study permit expiring? Thanks!

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by StudentsNG: 5:21am On Jun 13, 2018
Okay great, I appreciate your feedback. I just wanted to know how much chances/time available to wife and daughter. I submitted their applications on April 30th to join me (SOWP for wife & Visiting for baby - 4 months old). I'm enrolled in Masters program at U of R, study permit valid till March 31st, 2019. Thanks again.
ami05:
PGD and my study permit will expire by next year March.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 13, 2018
StudentsNG:
Okay great, I appreciate your feedback. I just wanted to know how much chances/time available to wife and daughter. I submitted their applications on April 30th to join me (SOWP for wife & Visiting for baby - 4 months old). I'm enrolled in Masters program at U of R, study permit valid till March 31st, 2019. Thanks once again.

That depends on the VO. If you can, you can pursue PR for the family on the side.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ami05: 11:40am On Jun 13, 2018
The processing time is now 14 weeks, they should be called for medical soon but the most important thing is prayer. I wish you Goodluck

StudentsNG:
Okay great, I appreciate your feedback. I just wanted to know how much chances/time available to wife and daughter. I submitted their applications on April 30th to join me (SOWP for wife & Visiting for baby - 4 months old). I'm enrolled in Masters program at U of R, study permit valid till March 31st, 2019. Thanks once again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.