Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (787352 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 7:24pm On Mar 11, 2018
So body want to answer me hia.. Wetin i do una nw..

Na clarification I need ooooo. Help me. I've been seeing list if TRV hopefuls in previous threads. For. E.g Mr Man Algonquin college PGD upfront medicine online. Etc. Which checking most colleges site. I can't see any trace of PGD on their sites. What I'm seeing are Ontario college diploma.. Pls guys I want to apply for PGD. I don't understand all these Ontario college diploma or is Ontario college diploma also same thing as PGD.

I really need clarification pls. Kus It surprises how do they get PGD to colleges whereas its Ontario college diploma written on there sites.. Help me ooooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 7:26pm On Mar 11, 2018
olugere:
Sir, once am giving the funding letter I will let you know so that you do the calculate

Ok, the amoubt of funding will determine of you need to provide extra cash or not.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 7:28pm On Mar 11, 2018
mohumyta:

Who are considered dependants? What if the mother is the one sponsoring her kid. Can the dependants be under the father only?
Dependant will be anyone that's under the sponsor's care (responsibility ) e.g children....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 7:30pm On Mar 11, 2018
Asapant:

Na clarification I need ooooo. Help me. I've been seeing list if TRV hopefuls in previous threads. For. E.g Mr Man Algonquin college PGD upfront medicine online. Etc. Which checking most colleges site. I can't see any trace of PGD on their sites. What I'm seeing are Ontario college diploma.. Pls guys I want to apply for PGD. I don't understand all these Ontario college diploma or is Ontario college diploma also same thing as PGD.

I really need clarification pls. Kus It surprises how do they get PGD to colleges whereas its Ontario college diploma written on there sites.. Help me ooooo
Ask the school for clarification. Also the admissiin requirements should give you a picture of it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hotcakept2: 7:48pm On Mar 11, 2018
Anyone here going to fanshaw college?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by croyance: 7:53pm On Mar 11, 2018
here, going to fanshawe college. when is your class starting \?
hotcakept2:
Anyone here going to fanshaw college?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 8:14pm On Mar 11, 2018
mcobex:
Original passport is what they will ask for (cos you should still have it with you). vfs won't collect it from you until cic ask for passport submission

Thanks. It's just that I want to submit it for us visa and may not have it when they ask for biometrics.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 8:41pm On Mar 11, 2018
Asapant:

If the word Post graduate diploma (PGD) was not specified on the school webpage then it's an ordinary dipolma program. As Mcobex have just said, check the admission requirements this will give you a clearer clarification if it's an ordinary dipolma or not.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 8:46pm On Mar 11, 2018
WEIRDPC:

In this format please,

Moniker, Date of application, University, Programme, Route, Upfront Medical or Medical request day, Medical Submission date, Medical passed date, (Final Decision)

Someone will keep updating the list as we keep adding hopefuls

Weirdpc, November 23rd, 2017, University of Windsor, M.App.Sci., Paper route, Upfront medical, Medical passed December,

Nice one Bro! Please prospective applicants should align
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 8:50pm On Mar 11, 2018
emeify:

Thanks. It's just that I want to submit it for us visa and may not have it when they ask for biometrics.
Then make a colored copy before submitting it for US visa(I think they might accept it). But hope it will be available when cic ask for it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kylexy61(m): 9:04pm On Mar 11, 2018
Those of you who want to reduce the size of your PDF documents for online application. One way you can achieve this is to use Foxit Reader. It's a PDF reader just like Adobe. Once you open your document with Foxit Reader,

1. Go to File>Print.
2. In the dialogue box that opens, make sure the name of the printer (top left corner) is set to "Foxit Reader PDF Printer".
3. Then choose "Properties" at the top right corner.
4. Another dialogue box will open. Reduce the "Image Resolution" to whichever (reasonable) value you want and select OK

A new PDF file will be created on your computer.

I followed this procedure to change the resolution of my WAEC certificate from 600 to 200. File size dropped from 2.6Mb to 878kb. The image quality hardly changed and it is still perfectly readable.

It is best to use this procedure individually on your documents before you merge them

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 9:21pm On Mar 11, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

If the word Post graduate diploma (PGD) was not specified on the school webpage then it's an ordinary dipolma program. As Mcobex have just said, check the admission requirements this will give you a clearer clarification if it's an ordinary dipolma or not.

All the best
thanks man
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 11, 2018
Austinpee4:

Nice! Well said!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 1:34am On Mar 12, 2018
chibreezy:
good evening all i must say you guys are doing a good job. i came into this forum as a newbie i think sometime in january.i already had my admission from a canadian university already for masters in environmental engineering and have a bsc in chemical engineering from a nija uni(2014). i asked the first question here on how to go about my deposit payment to my school but unfortunately it wasnt answered but i just read on the thread and googled some questions too and was able to make the deposit of 2kcad not even the full tuition payment.. ok to cut the long story short, this post is for dose discouraged and it may serve as encouragement to them not to relent..i applied for my trv on 7th of feb(paper route) for the first time i do not have any travel history before, i got an invite for medicals 1st march and got my trv on 9th march(yesterday)..my dear it was really a surprise to me coz it was after i applied i even got to start reading and following up more on the thread i got scared at some point when i even saw some documents that was mentioned here like sop, letter of previous employment place ,sponsor birth certificate, sponsor passport biodata page, siblings birth cerificate and parents too, police report too etc. men all this things been no dey my application i said to my sef i dun f up o.. The only things i submitted was my trv forms, sponsor letter, sponsor account statement(personal and company) , sponsor cac documents, my nysc discharge, waec certificate, degree certificate, diploma in telecoms certificate,my personal account with just 170k closing balance, ielts, identification letter, my bsc school transcript, evidence of paid 2kcad, admission letter, accomodation offer letter from school and above all THE G FACTOR(GOD). this are just what i used in applying for the first time and getting it.. i think a simple and genuine application makes the job easy for the vo. i applaud these guys frank, iyjuwa, chuks and many others i cant remember their names i dont reply nor comment though but i follow your posts and comments and you give really good advices and una dey try e no easy to dey give free advice abeg so GOD bless you all and reward you all ur heart desires .. for those expecting it will be your turn soon..cheers yall and all the best to you all.

Congrats, there is great virtue in simplicity. Sometimes it seems these VOs like something non traditional and different. When everyone is submitting heaven and earth, then comes along an applicant who is different and submits the bearest minimum and no SOP like everyone is doing, they just approve as to them it's a breathe of fresh air and clear indicator of non desperation. But you never know with these CIC, you can only submit what you have and hope for the best!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 1:42am On Mar 12, 2018
Moley22:

It should be regarded but important to add along side a personal bank statement of the sponsor with a substantial amount...

This is the right advice. To say visa officers don't regard company bank account is not right. Yes they do as it's an indicator of the health worthiness of your business, but add personal bank account also to show how much money you really have.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 1:48am On Mar 12, 2018
olugere:
I think this, ""Land gift deed from parents"" falls under what am asking, let someone who knows the guide us, because this area will serve as a good "" home tie"" if am not mistaken

Elders what is yours experience on this

Pls kindly give a comprehensive information about landed property.

How to transfer of ownership from brother to brother or father to son or father in-laws to son in-laws etc.

If I have a land of my own, what documents should I pursue that would be useful for Canada traveling.

Any surveyor or experienc[/b]e person should give a valid details.

Like me I have a landed property in Ekiti,
I have a land in ogun state
My father has a house in Ekiti
My elder brother has a house in ekiti
My brother has a house in ONDO state

How do you advise [b]to me to make use of this for landed property for travelling
, but no documents on them for now

I need your advise or it only landed property in the city that is being used for Canadian travelling.

We need compreh lecturers on this, elders in the house, experienced people, surveyor, etc

Enclosing just a land deed it appears is not working for many applicants from my observation. CIC has been coming out to still say these applicant have not provided proof of assets. So endeavor to add a C of O if you have or some valuation and survey and plan by a licensed quantity surveyor. This will give the property ownership some credibility before the VO. This should suffice that you really have land. Don't submit just any land document of a relative, show how such land document is directly related to you. Perhaps it is yours or transfered to you or you stand to inherit it upon the demise of the real owner, are good ways that have worked. Land documents belonging to an immediate family relative like parents or spouse are believable as counting for an inheritance if their is a will or convincingly explained in a SOP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 6:41am On Mar 12, 2018
Please, I have paid the first-year tuition of 13,500 (2 years program) and wrote total fund available as 25000 ( current bank account balance).

Is there any other expenses to be added to the breakdown below and can I add the 13500 paid to the calculation of the fund available.

Breakdown
Tuition: 13,500
Living expenses: 10,000
Book: 1,000
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 6:59am On Mar 12, 2018
Thank you sir, this your explanation is very good it open my eyes I must confess, am grateful sir, pls the issue of transfer of ownership ownership from father Inlaw to son in-laws, because my wife is my in-laws first born, so I think it a little bit reasonable that he want to transfer his property to me and my wife.

Plz sir, can you expantiate about transferring process

jnyuwa02:

Enclosing just a land deed it appears is not working for many applicants from my observation. CIC has been coming out to still say these applicant have not provided proof of assets. So endeavor to add a C of O if you have or some valuation and survey and plan by a licensed quantity surveyor. This will give the property ownership some credibility before the VO. This should suffice that you really have land. Don't submit just any land document of a relative, show how such land document is directly related to you. Perhaps it is yours or transfered to you or you stand to inherit it upon the demise of the real owner, are good ways that have worked. Land documents belonging to an immediate family relative like parents or spouse are believable as counting for an inheritance if their is a will or convincingly explained in a SOP.

I think this, ""Land gift deed from parents"" falls under what am asking, let someone who knows the guide us, because this area will serve as a good "" home tie"" if am not mistaken

Elders what is yours experience on this

Pls kindly give a comprehensive information about landed property.

How to transfer of ownership from brother to brother or father to son or father in-laws to son in-laws etc.

If I have a land of my own, what documents should I pursue that would be useful for Canada traveling.

Any surveyor or experienc[/b]e person should give a valid details.

Like me I have a landed property in Ekiti,
I have a land in ogun state
My father has a house in Ekiti
My elder brother has a house in ekiti
My brother has a house in ONDO state

How do you advise [b]to me to make use of this for landed property for travelling, but no documents on them for now

I need your advise or it only landed property in the city that is being used for Canadian travelling
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 8:23am On Mar 12, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

No it's not mandatory as the Visa officers don't regard Company bank statement.

Frankrobbn1:

Yes it can serve as a support to the sponspor personal bank statement but not as primary proof of funds. But if applicant, don't have funds on their company bank statement, its better to submit only the personal statement.

jnyuwa02:

This is the right advice. To say visa officers don't regard company bank account is not right. Yes they do as it's an indicator of the health worthiness of your business, but add personal bank account also to show how much money you really have.

Quote me anywhere! I stand yes!!! and I'm 100% certain that Canadian embassy don't regard Company bank statement as primary proof of funds to applicant for a study visa. Reasons because in each company there are board of directors that foresee the affairs of the company and the visa officer knows that sponsoring applicant from company's account will require you consulting the shareholders of the company, of which they know that the shareholders also have some share from the business finance, with their dependants to cater for.

" I have seen applicants that submitted their application with 150M company bank statements and got refused for insufficient funds. But in their second attempt they changed it to their sponsor personal bank statement and got approved. As I said earlier, you can use company bank statement but make sure you add it up with sponsor personal statement to evident proof of his/her financial establishment.

Note: Applicant that chooses to use only company bank statements for the visa application must provide proof that their sponsor is the sole signatory to the account before such application will scale through and the shareholders of the company won't be a hindrance to this . If not its an automatic refusal for insufficient funds.

Thank you!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by NathyBongos: 8:49am On Mar 12, 2018
Good morning FAM,this thread has actually been very useful to me. I applied for a graduate diploma at memorial university newfoundland for fall 2018 but unfortunately I got a regret mail of not admitted with reasons not stated,as I had a cgpa of 2.42 with four years of teaching experience. What could be the possible cause of rejection and how do I go about re applying?do I need to pay another application fee? and what do I need to check out for so as not to avoid been denied again as the programme has both fall and spring intake an they indicated in the mail that my files are still with them for the next 12months. Gurus in the house I throway salute for una
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 8:59am On Mar 12, 2018
NathyBongos:
Good morning FAM,this thread has actually been very useful to me. I applied for a graduate diploma at memorial university newfoundland for fall 2018 but unfortunately I got a regret mail of not admitted with reasons not stated,as I had a cgpa of 2.42 with four years of teaching experience. What could be the possible cause of rejection and how do I go about re applying?do I need to pay another application fee? and what do I need to check out for so as not to avoid been denied again as the programme has both fall and spring intake an they indicated in the mail that my files are still with them for the next 12months. Gurus in the house I throway salute for una
It is only MUN that can tell you why they rejected your application and nobody on this thread is part of the admission board of MUN to give you direct answer to your question.
The fact you think your grade was enough to get you the admission doesn't mean it must as there will be other people who have better result and more experience than you. Also, another reason might have been your MOTIVATION LETTER (that's if you included one ) wasn't good enough.
So go through your application again and see where you must have got it wrong and repackage your application. Also, you can mail MUN to ask their reasons (but I am very sure they tell you your app was good enough compare to others that applied).
Best of luck

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 12, 2018
Hi guy..

Thank you all for your contributions...

I'd like to know the implication(s) of using a sponsor who isn't related to you but wants to sponsor you if this is going to be a problem, I'd like to know how best to tackle it...maybe by using sop or any other means..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 10:19am On Mar 12, 2018
faroouqq:
Hi guy..

Thank you all for your contributions...

I'd like to know the implication(s) of using a sponsor who isn't related to you but wants to sponsor you if this is going to be a problem, I'd like to know how best to tackle it...maybe by using sop or any other means..
The third party sponsor should show commitment by paying your tuition fee and transferring your living expenses into your account or transfer both to you (if your school doesn't accept tuition fee until trv is approved), also the sponsor will wrote a letter of support to back it up and stating why he/she is spending such amount on you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ayeopare(m): 10:31am On Mar 12, 2018
Please I need to submit a new paper application. Please how do I enter my UCI Number as an old applicant, the number is 10 digits and I can only enter 8 digits in the form with me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by OFFICIALAEL: 10:48am On Mar 12, 2018
Good day all, I just want the house to help me confirm if I properly arranged my documents for TRV online application under the right field. (Especially the items in capital letters )
Also If I’m correct the documents in each field are to be grouped in one single PDF file, not more than 4MB right ?

PROOF OF MEANS OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT FIELD
(Sponsors Documents)
0. Passport bio page
1. Letter of sponsorship (explaining source of income and financial transactions)
2. Affidavit of support
3. Birth cert
4.letter of introduction from previous employer
5. Letter of introduction from bank
5.1 Bank statement
6. Fixed deposit statement
7. Shares certificate
8. Landed properties certificates
9. My domiciliary account showing $10,000
10. MY NAIRA ACCOUNT STATEMENT AS PROOF THAT I EARN
10.1 MY FOUR MONTHS PAY-SLIP

LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE FIELD
1. Admission letter
2. Receipt from school showing 1yr tuition paid

CLIENT INFORMATION FIELD
1. Letter of explanation
2. Birth certificate
2.1 FAMILY MEMBERS BIRTH CERTIFICATE
3. Waec cert
4. Bsc certificate
4.1 Nysc cert
5. Professional cert
6. Employment letter
6.1 Company ID
7. Letter of introduction from employer
8. Land gift deed from parents in 2016
9. Affidavit of return
10. Police report

I hope to hear from you soon.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MeinKampf: 11:47am On Mar 12, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Quote me anywhere! I stand yes!!! and I'm 100% certain that Canadian embassy don't regard Company bank statement as primary proof of funds to applicant for a study visa. Reasons because in each company there are board of directors that foresee the affairs of the company and the visa officer knows that sponsoring applicant from company's account will require you consulting the shareholders of the company, of which they know that the shareholders also have some share from the business finance, with their dependants to cater for.

" I have seen applicants that submitted their application with 150M company bank statements and got refused for insufficient funds. But in their second attempt they changed it to their sponsor personal bank statement and got approved. As I said earlier, you can use company bank statement but make sure you add it up with sponsor personal statement to evident proof of his/her financial establishment.

Note: Applicant that chooses to use only company bank statements for the visa application must provide proof that their sponsor is the sole signatory to the account before such application will scale through and the shareholders of the company won't be a hindrance to this . If not its an automatic refusal for insufficient funds.

Thank you!

The boldest is the correct statement. CIC regards sponsorship from company's account as sole proof of fund but you need to demonstrate why the company is sponsoring you and board meeting resolution where the decision to sponsor you is ratified.
You are doing a great job
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by NathyBongos: 12:07pm On Mar 12, 2018
mcobex:
It is only MUN that can tell you why they rejected your application and nobody on this thread is part of the admission board of MUN to give you direct answer to your question.
The fact you think your grade was enough to get you the admission doesn't mean it must as there will be other people who have better result and more experience than you. Also, another reason might have been your MOTIVATION LETTER (that's if you included one ) wasn't good enough.
So go through your application again and see where you must have got it wrong and repackage your application. Also, you can mail MUN to ask their reasons (but I am very sure they tell you your app was good enough compare to others that applied).
Best of luck
.thanks so much boss,but would I need to pay another application fee?and do I re apply again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jaylap: 12:09pm On Mar 12, 2018
Pls anyone who can help with a sample of letter from bank directed to the VO. I need it as guide for my sponsor and my personal account...... Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 12:11pm On Mar 12, 2018
Its now 8 weeks. why this tho, is it that they are getting less applications or they have employed more hands to do the Job cos this is first of its kind for Nigeria.
swisster:

they have reduce their processing time from 16 weeks to 9 weeks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 12:36pm On Mar 12, 2018
OFFICIALAEL:
Good day all, I just want the house to help me confirm if I properly arranged my documents for TRV online application under the right field. (Especially the items in capital letters )
Also If I’m correct the documents in each field are to be grouped in one single PDF file, not more than 4MB right ?

PROOF OF MEANS OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT FIELD
(Sponsors Documents)
0. Passport bio page
1. Letter of sponsorship (explaining source of income and financial transactions)
2. Affidavit of support
3. Birth cert
4.letter of introduction from previous employer
5. Letter of introduction from bank
5.1 Bank statement
6. Fixed deposit statement
7. Shares certificate
8. Landed properties certificates
9. My domiciliary account showing $10,000
10. MY NAIRA ACCOUNT STATEMENT AS PROOF THAT I EARN
10.1 MY FOUR MONTHS PAY-SLIP

LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE FIELD
1. Admission letter
2. Receipt from school showing 1yr tuition paid

CLIENT INFORMATION FIELD
1. Letter of explanation
2. Birth certificate
2.1 FAMILY MEMBERS BIRTH CERTIFICATE
3. Waec cert
4. Bsc certificate
4.1 Nysc cert
5. Professional cert
6. Employment letter
6.1 Company ID
7. Letter of introduction from employer
8. Land gift deed from parents in 2016
9. Affidavit of return
10. Police report

I hope to hear from you soon.
You have asked this question and it has been answered but refuse to read back. If you ask anything question try and go back to the very page where you asked the question to see if anyone has answered it before asking or quoting it again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 12:37pm On Mar 12, 2018
makano:
Its now 8 weeks. why this tho, is it that they are getting less applications or they have employed more hands to do the Job cos this is first of its kind for Nigeria.
Less application. it will soon increase
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by cuteesthy(f): 12:37pm On Mar 12, 2018
Asapant:

Well I was as confused as u re before cos I intend going for PGD since I can't go for masters directly, I searched colleges for PGD but what I kept seeing was Ontario college diploma which i assumed dat its like ND here since the requirement is High sch cert nd Ontario college graduate certificate in which the entry requirement is degree nd I assumed DAT its PGD, even some folks here DAT got admission for PGD if u check their courses in the college that dey got admitted u will still see the course under Ontario college graduate certificate so I quess my assumptions re right, I intend to apply for a program in Conestoga but what I don't knw is if one can use DAT Ontario college graduate certificate to apply for masters.Even in some universities DAT I searched for PGD what I saw was Graduate Diploma which I don't knw if its the same as PGD

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.