Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (385) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (785852 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Naajjii: 7:39pm On Aug 17, 2018
Kishkosh:

Bro, dude got served with five years ooo.
He can only reapply if he can give cogent reasons why he didn't deserve the five years ban
Pls don't throw him off balance, before one gets a ban Cic will send you a fair hearing letter to explain yourself in this case he wasn't served with such letter besides the rejection letter indicate that he can reapply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 7:44pm On Aug 17, 2018
[quote author=Naajjii post=70370864]
Pls don't throw him off balance, before one gets a ban Cic will send you a fair hearing letter to explain yourself in this case he wasn't served with such letter besides the rejection letter indicate that he can reapply.[/quote

Okay]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kriff: 7:55pm On Aug 17, 2018
Just saw this on Quora. Few mins ago. Might give relieve to some people here.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kriff: 7:59pm On Aug 17, 2018
@mcobex I don't have a question. Just want you to help vet my SOP. Will appreciate your help on this

@Kriff and @Ing123 I have been seeing your messages but sorry I don't attend to PMs at the moment. Feel free to ask whatever question you have here so others can contribute/learn. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kpizzle: 8:14pm On Aug 17, 2018
Replied

Canny27:

i sent u a pm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jobitex: 8:20pm On Aug 17, 2018
Newman1010:

[/b]you are toast! [b], this is so funny. We all just need to be truthful with our applications (whether Visa application or any other application). @Jobitex, Just a tick has cost you your money, time and your name. What is the worst that can happen if you say the truth? REFUSED APPLICATION. Lets be wise. I don't know if this can also prevent you from entering USA. @jnyuwa02 can it?

I don't know what you can tell them, but if you have a good reason then you can reapply. If an agent applied for you and you indicated it on your app. You can use that as an excuse

Best of luck
I have checked and there is nothing like [b] you are toast..I also spoke to an immigration lawyer and she said I can re-apply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Goldenegg: 8:30pm On Aug 17, 2018
Online application date: June 28th 2018
Biometrics Completed on July 6th 2018
Upfront medical submitted.

This is my second attempt (Study Permit), was previously denied on June 13th 2018 based on purpose of travel and family ties.

Still waiting patiently and earnestly praying.

Let the will of Almighty God prevail, Amen.

The wait though.......... not easy o. I check my CIC account like 3-5 times daily......expectant.
Lord have your way.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by geotherm: 8:31pm On Aug 17, 2018
misspetit:

Congrats
Paper route or online?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by geotherm: 8:36pm On Aug 17, 2018
It's not a red flag provided you have home tie (e.g land document, or building, or study leave).

Dan90s:
Good day qpeople, is having a sister and brother in Canada a red flag when applying for student visa. Note that my sister now has her work permit and my brother is finishing his undergrad next April. I’ll be waiting for responses from our gurus and respectable members. Gracias
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Omowunmibaby: 8:59pm On Aug 17, 2018
Gurus, please help me, how do I sign my paper application. Do I sign with pen and submit like that or I sign and scan then print? Please pit me through.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lenta(f): 9:00pm On Aug 17, 2018
Hello Geotherm.
Congratulations once again to your friend.
Please, how did you attach the medical report?
Did you add any note to explain why you carried out the medical exam without a letter?
I did my medicals today at the Ikoyi, is it advisable to wait till Monday before I send the result to CIC?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dan90s: 9:08pm On Aug 17, 2018
geotherm:
It's not a red flag provided you have home tie (e.g land document, or building, or study leave).

well my father has land documents all over the country and I am a director in my mother’s company. I also stated in one line of my SOP that I want to be a ...... at standard chartered bank in Nig after my MBA; I didn’t want to focus on the coming back part because in my opinion if you do it might not seem genuine as it is expected you’ll leave after your program. What do y’all think?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:27am On Aug 18, 2018
Jobitex:

I was sent a msg to explain why I didn't tick that I have refused a u.s visa.. I told them the statement actually confused me..the statement : have u ever been denied a Visa or being ordered a leave a country.so I focused on I didn't really get the english, as in I tot it was being ordered to leave a country that was why I ticked no as the answer.and I also told them I have been denied a UK Visa which they didn't detect. I will also try to apply again..

Hello Sir,

I'll advice you as a friend and as a brother. Please don't waste your precious time, resources, and money trying to reapply for a Canada study Visa. I have read what others have said about your refusal and concerning the ban which was given to you, coupled with the attachment you pasted at the previous page. I must tell you that's the practical truth!, you were actually given a ban, which makes you inadmissible to Canada for a period of 5 years. . As per the ban which was bestowed on you, your refusal letter will always follow the generic word "you're free to reapply once you have shown concern that your present situation meets the legislative requirements for a study permit". Sir! Even if you like hire Attorney David Cohen a prominent immigration lawyer in Canada, your ban will not be averted. Because you were sent a procedural fairness letter which allows you to explain yourself prior a consular officer will make a decision, of which you did and it came with a 5 years ban. Sir!, If you weren't given a ban, your refusal letter will be based on the normal generic reasons(purpose of visit, home ties etc...). I counsel you from the wisdom of my experience and several cases we have handled here about applicants being caught in sharp practices. You might also decide to deepen your refusal by ordering your
GCMS NOTE

My genuine advise is you should look forward to applying to other first rate countries like New Zealand, Germany, or Australia and forget about Canada for the period of 5 years.

Deride not what I say because of its simplicity. Truth is always simple!.

I rest my case!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:52am On Aug 18, 2018
Omowunmibaby:
Gurus, please help me, how do I sign my paper application. Do I sign with pen and submit like that or I sign and scan then print? Please pit me through.

You sign with a pen and submit with your application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 1:09am On Aug 18, 2018
candygist:

I finished my secondary school in 2010. Since then I only did computer courses . Now I am ready to go back to school. I already getting accepted into a university in Canada and I was asked to go apply for study permit. What are my chances of my study permit been accepted?it's over 8 years since I finished secondary school. Thank you
candygist,

What have you been doing ever since you left high school? Have you been working and learning decent amount of money?. The program in which you were accepted, is it directly related to computer, which you claimed you did in the past?
Your SOP must be very rational to why you have decided to go back to school at this point in time, your serious intention to study and a convincing reason that you're going to excel in a country like Canada where education is so demanding and primarily based on intensive practical knowledge and research skills. Why you choose Canada rather than Nigeria considering the high cost of international students. You will certify the visa officer that you're truly a bona-fide student that will study and leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay. Generally, your chances of securing a TRV is slim considering the long gap. If you can explain the aforementioned points in your SOP, you might be favoured by the Visa officer.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 2:22am On Aug 18, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Hello Sir,

I'll advice you as a friend and as a brother. Please don't waste your precious time, resources, and money trying to reapply for a Canada study Visa. I have read what others have said about your refusal and concerning the ban which was given to you, coupled with the attachment you pasted at the previous page. I must tell you that's the practical truth!, you were actually given a ban, which makes you inadmissible to Canada for a period of 5 years. . As per the ban which was bestowed on you, your refusal letter will always follow the generic word "you're free to reapply once you have shown concern that your present situation meets the legislative requirements for a study permit". Sir! Even if you like hire Attorney David Cohen a prominent immigration lawyer in Canada, your ban will not be averted. Because you were sent a procedural fairness letter which allows you to explain yourself prior a consular officer will make a decision, of which you did and it came with a 5 years ban. Sir!, If you weren't given a ban, your refusal letter will be based on the normal generic reasons(purpose of visit, home ties etc...). I counsel you from the wisdom of my experience and several cases we have handled here about applicants being caught in sharp practices. You might also decide to deepen your refusal by ordering your
GCMS NOTE

My genuine advise is you should look forward to applying to other first rate countries like New Zealand, Germany, or Australia and forget about Canada for the period of 5 years.

I rest my case!

He can reapply to Canada if he feels he has what it takes to overturn the ban. The assertion on his form that he can reapply again, was not meant as a gimmicks. It’s a possibility overturning the ban. But a very, very difficult possibility given he was given a fair chance hearing/opportunity to explain before the ban was instituted. He can hire an attorney who can help word in a professional way, reason for previous failure to disclose. Like one person said here, they were able to overcome a ban before. We have no reason to doubt the authenticity of such a claim. It’s within the realm of possibility. My humble opinion.

It will be difficult to be able to get into Australia. He may get into USA. Very very possible. I have seen people ordered removed from Canada even get into USA as far as they don’t have any criminal history. USA is unique like that, they try to make their own decisions irrespective of what Canada has reached on its own independently. Canada too operates the same way and that is why you see here irrespective of whether one was denied a USA visa, Canada makes no hesitation in granting as long as that person was honest to disclose such denial. New Zealand and Germany too are possibilities he could try like you mentioned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 2:23am On Aug 18, 2018
misspetit:

Congrats
Paper route or online?
submission and biometric same day is for paper route.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 2:29am On Aug 18, 2018
Goldenegg:

This is my second attempt (Study Permit), was previously denied on June 13th 2018 based on purpose of travel and family ties.

Sorry dear, what was the reason?

The wait though.......... not easy o. I check my CIC account like 3-5 times daily......expectant.
Lord have your way.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 2:33am On Aug 18, 2018
Goldenegg:

Lord have your way.
Sorry dear, what was the reason?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 2:59am On Aug 18, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

candygist,

What have you been doing ever since you left high school? Have you been working and learning decent amount of money?. The program in which you were accepted, is it directly related to computer, which you claimed you did in the past?
Your SOP must be very rational to why you have decided to go back to school at this point in time, your serious intention to study and a convincing reason that you're going to excel in a country like Canada where education is so demanding and primarily based on intensive practical knowledge and research skills. Why you choose Canada rather than Nigeria considering the high cost of international students. You will certify the visa officer that you're truly a bona-fide student that will study and leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay. Generally, your chances of securing a TRV is slim considering the long gap. If you can explain the aforementioned points in your SOP, you might be favoured by the Visa officer.

100 percent seconded!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 5:01am On Aug 18, 2018
Kriff:
@mcobex I don't have a question. Just want you to help vet my SOP. Will appreciate your help on this

@Kriff and @Ing123 I have been seeing your messages but sorry I don't attend to PMs at the moment. Feel free to ask whatever question you have here so others can contribute/learn.
My schedule is very tight at the moment, so I won't be able to do that now. Others can assist you. Hope you don't mind?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 5:04am On Aug 18, 2018
Jobitex:

I have checked and there is nothing like [b] you are toast..I also spoke to an immigration lawyer and she said I can re-apply
Yes you can reapply but will have to explain in details why you lied. Best of luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 5:08am On Aug 18, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Hello Sir,

GCMS NOTE

I rest my case!
Actually on the denial letter they said he can reapply if he can explain why he lied. So there's still chance of him to apply and get approval (as long as he can convince CIC why he did what he did)..... tough task but not impossible.
NB: I will advise he seek the service of an experience person(immigration lawyer to guide him on what to write on his LOE).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kriff: 6:46am On Aug 18, 2018
@mcobex

It's understandable. Thank you

My schedule is very tight at the moment, so I won't be able to do that now. Others can assist you. Hope you don't mind?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kriff: 6:53am On Aug 18, 2018
It's understandable. Thank you for the reply
mcobex:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by AmadeusCho: 7:12am On Aug 18, 2018
Please I have a question o help a brother..
If my sponsor is an uncle who is a citizen of another country.
. What document or information will I need from him
Will he need all that employee sop stuff?

Abeg make owna try for me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Carlz1: 8:06am On Aug 18, 2018
July 27th applicant . Eligibility review just started

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Carlz1: 8:07am On Aug 18, 2018
I hope for the best � and for everyone also
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by muizzzz: 8:22am On Aug 18, 2018
Good Morning Friends,

Please can application be refused for failure to pay tuition deposit before submitting application.

Is their any penalty for this ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.