Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,504 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (463) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (786901 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by lambsbread: 1:07am On Sep 12, 2018
princekins:
Memorial University Newfoundland....check from page 450 someone posted about three other universities with cheap tuition.
Thanks. I'll check it out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by oyinkansola2: 1:41am On Sep 12, 2018
Hello house
Please is anyone apply for Masters at university of Lethbridge Alberta and have you gotten a potential supervisor cause I have been on this supervisor issues for so long
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Josh1996: 5:29am On Sep 12, 2018
Good morning guys, my school of graduation isn't offering transcripts for now but I was able to get a collated copy of my results from my HOD which he signed and used it to apply to a school in Canada (they took it as unofficial transcript) And as admitted. Now the school upon admission wants official transcript from my undergraduate studies school which they can provide. Do I have any cause to worry that my admission could be dropped?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mathy001: 6:42am On Sep 12, 2018
Josh1996:
Good morning guys, my school of graduation isn't offering transcripts for now but I was able to get a collated copy of my results from my HOD which he signed and used it to apply to a school in Canada (they took it as unofficial transcript) And as admitted. Now the school upon admission wants official transcript from my undergraduate studies school which they can provide. Do I have any cause to worry that my admission could be dropped?

Official transcripts are 100% important for any international admission. Nigerians have been known to forge transcripts so the school will only accept transcript sent directly from an accredited institution, with a stamped and signed confidential seal. Even with this, many foreign universities still contact the school to confirm the authenticity of the transcript..

The unofficial one you used for admission was just to save you the stress because, under normal circumstances, unofficial transcripts can be downloaded online from the school (Nigerian universities are backward in this regard and they may only offer student copies of transcripts after days/weeks or even months of applying. Some don't even offer student transcripts).

Try and get your school to send an official transcript, signed and stamped by the registrar or his/her representative. It's very important.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Josh1996: 6:54am On Sep 12, 2018
The collated result was signed (hod) and issued in the name of faculty of engineering and I know the official transcript will be signed by the registrar....does it mean?

mathy001:

Official transcripts are 100% important for any international admission. Nigerians have been known to forge transcripts so the school will only accept transcript sent directly from an accredited institution, with a stamped and signed confidential seal. Even with this, many foreign universities still contact the school to confirm the authenticity of the transcript..

The unofficial one you used for admission was just to save you the stress because, under normal circumstances, unofficial transcripts can be downloaded online from the school (Nigerian universities are backward in this regard and they may only offer student copies of transcripts after days/weeks or even months of applying. Some don't even offer student transcripts).

Try and get your school to send an official transcript, signed and stamped by the registrar or his/her representative. It's very important.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Horlamidei(m): 6:58am On Sep 12, 2018
MUN has given me a student number despite me applying for 2019/20 fall semester and have been told to submit all necessary documents as soon as possible. But the problem I have is transcript cause my school non teaching staff are known of strikes. Won't the transcript problem affect my admission cause as it is, they may process everything November or late October?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Maxihyfr: 7:04am On Sep 12, 2018
Good morning house!!! Please what does work placement mean in an admission letter..

And what program gives u a work placement . is it PGD??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by henricson(m): 7:41am On Sep 12, 2018
Maxihyfr:
Good morning house!!! Please what does work placement mean in an admission letter..

To the best of my knowledge, some programs require work placement which is normally attached in the admission letter after admission has been given. I believe it also enables individuals get a work permit alongside a study permit. The work placement means individuals have to work on or off campus along their study.
Please I stand corrected.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by henricson(m): 7:47am On Sep 12, 2018
In regards to this transcripts matter, I have a colleague at work who did b.sc 2008 but has just statement and transcripts. School takes time to process original degree after one applies. Now his issue lies with his MBA which he did 2012, now he has only statement result. Certificate is not yet ready and the school doesn't give students copy of transcripts. He wants to apply for the winter program, is it ok if he applies that way and explains in his SOP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jazzyjay(f): 8:16am On Sep 12, 2018
work placement means that during your course of study, there will be a time you will be required to work in line with your course of study. It can be a paid or none-paid job. It is just like an internship/siwes we do here in Nigeria. You will also be required to apply for it alongside your study permit because its a course on its own.

Hope this helps out.

Maxihyfr:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by 2bpat: 8:32am On Sep 12, 2018
Please I need this ELP confirmation letter. Kindly send to me too brightword2ks@yahoo.com

jdhills:

Thank you very much! pls send me the format, Here is my mail if need be: sheggzzy.sj@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mathy001: 8:33am On Sep 12, 2018
henricson:
In regards to this transcripts matter, I have a colleague at work who did b.sc 2008 but has just statement and transcripts. School takes time to process original degree after one applies. Now his issue lies with his MBA which he did 2012, now he has only statement result. Certificate is not yet ready and the school doesn't give students copy of transcripts. He wants to apply for the winter program, is it ok if he applies that way and explains in his SOP?

If possible, he should try to get any of the transcript officers to scan a copy of the transcript to his email or upload directly to the school's portal (he will have to plead and pay, of course).

If the above doesn't work, he should get an unofficial result from the department and get it signed by the HOD, and if possible, the Dean/Secretary of PG School.

If the above doesn't work, I doubt that anything else can be done.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by omolorlarh: 8:46am On Sep 12, 2018
oyinkansola2:
Hello house
Please is anyone apply for Masters at university of Lethbridge Alberta and have you gotten a potential supervisor cause I have been on this supervisor issues for so long

Lethbridge is not a large institution so they give admission to few people. I also tried the school but was advised by a supervisor i contacted there to check other schools. I will advise you continue mailing and check others too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by SirVal94: 8:57am On Sep 12, 2018
The situation can be very frustrating. But let's hope it ends well.
canadabyfire:
No approvals....no rejections....no updates....is CIC on strike??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Canny27: 9:09am On Sep 12, 2018
Josh1996:

which canadian university were you admitted?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by henricson(m): 9:15am On Sep 12, 2018
mathy001:

If possible, he should try to get any of the transcript officers to scan a copy of the transcript to his email or upload directly to the school's portal (he will have to plead and pay, of course).

If the above doesn't work, he should get an unofficial result from the department and get it signed by the HOD, and if possible, the Dean/Secretary

If the above doesn't work, I doubt that anything else can be done.

Thanks bro... But the transcript was required for visa application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 9:16am On Sep 12, 2018
My advise to those applying for admission, please don't focus on only Canada, if you have money write ielts follow up on other countries like Australia, USA, Germany. If you apply to 3 Canadian Universities definitely one will give you admission with or without funding, but visa is the koko not admission una wadooo.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by amihbkt767676: 9:20am On Sep 12, 2018
fadasss:
I have been denied visa for the second time..
The reasons are as follow:
I am not satisfy that u will Leave Canada at the end of ya studies cos of family ties and home country
I am not satisfied that u will Leave canada at the end of your studies based on ya travel history
I am not satisfied that you will Leave Canada based on your financial status and declaration.
Please what should I do so as to be given visa

Do not be afraid.
Was there any difference between ur first and second application document?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by henricson(m): 9:40am On Sep 12, 2018
Please I'm having issues paying for visa application fees online. Done it thrice now and it keeps saying declined transaction not approved. Tried 2 different banks. And funds are over 75k. Did any one experience this?

Or is it cause it's a naira card and the limit is 100 dollars a day?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by zeekobe(f): 9:55am On Sep 12, 2018
chisiudeh:
Please anyone here applied previously or plans applying to George Brown College Ontario. Please i need some clarifications.
Thanks.

Hello there, I plan on applying to George Brown College.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nogen: 10:04am On Sep 12, 2018
@ jnyuwa02, how far with your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 10:07am On Sep 12, 2018
henricson:
Please I'm having issues paying for visa application fees online. Done it thrice now and it keeps saying declined transaction not approved. Tried 2 different banks. And funds are over 75k. Did any one experience this?

Or is it cause it's a naira card and the limit is 100 dollars a day?
Which bank Mastercard are you using?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 10:10am On Sep 12, 2018
Nogen:
@ jnyuwa02, how far with your application?

Nothing, 5 more days to resumption. I have sent two emails to London and Lagos this morning highlighting them of the urgency of the situation. I stay expectant. Thanks for checking in.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by henricson(m): 10:10am On Sep 12, 2018
Lagos2canna:

Which bank Mastercard are you using?

Gtb now. First tried with sterling visa card

Please how do you guys do it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by henricson(m): 10:21am On Sep 12, 2018
Please can someone help out with this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by henricson(m): 10:22am On Sep 12, 2018
Please can someone help out with this online visa payment?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MeinKampf: 10:25am On Sep 12, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Nothing, 5 more days to resumption. I have sent two emails to London and Lagos this morning highlighting them of the urgency of the situation. I stay expectant. Thanks for checking in.
I'm even tired of waiting on CIC. Have till 17th to either resume or defer at Concordia University. The wait is sickening

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MeinKampf: 10:27am On Sep 12, 2018
henricson:
Please can someone help out with this online visa payment?
find out whether your bank has a daily limit on dollar transactions that's less than CAD 235. If yes, look for a bank with no daily limit and use it. I know of first bank.
Beware, scammers will be contacting you to help you pay. Don't let anyone put you in trouble as they use stolen cards to make such payments which might later haunt you.
Do it yourself
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by henricson(m): 10:33am On Sep 12, 2018
MeinKampf:

find out whether your bank has a daily limit on dollar transactions that's less than CAD 235. If yes, look for a bank with no daily limit and use it. I know of first bank.
Beware, scammers will be contacting you to help you pay. Don't let anyone put you in trouble as they use stolen cards to make such payments which might later haunt you.
Do it yourself

Thanks bro. I'm surprised gtb has a limit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MeinKampf: 10:37am On Sep 12, 2018
henricson:

Thanks bro. I'm surprised gtb has a limit.
You may contact the bank. I don't think GTB has such daily limit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nogen: 10:44am On Sep 12, 2018
jnyuwa02:

I pray they respond positively soonest. I keep coming here to check on you. All the best!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 10:53am On Sep 12, 2018
henricson:

Gtb now. First tried with sterling visa card

Please how do you guys do it?
Gtb should work, Try ecobank and make sure you input the card details correctly. Wish you success

(1) (2) (3) ... (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.