Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,871 members, 7,828,108 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (464) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (790216 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by henricson(m): 11:31am On Sep 12, 2018
Lagos2canna:

Gtb should work, Try ecobank and make sure you input the card details correctly. Wish you success

Thanks bro... Had to activate my old dollar account in Standard chartered and it worked.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by henricson(m): 11:32am On Sep 12, 2018
MeinKampf:

You may contact the bank. I don't think GTB has such daily limit

Thanks bro... Had to activate my old dollar account in Standard chartered and it worked.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Doyenrey: 11:36am On Sep 12, 2018
MeinKampf:

I'm even tired of waiting on CIC. Have till 17th to either resume or defer at Concordia University. The wait is sickening

Hello,

I am in your shoes too lol

What program?

Honestly, I don't know what to do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Maxihyfr: 11:46am On Sep 12, 2018
Thanks.. Wat programs normally do the work placement . pgd?!

jazzyjay:
work placement means that during your course of study, there will be a time you will be required to work in line with your course of study. It can be a paid or none-paid job. It is just like an internship/siwes we do here in Nigeria. You will also be required to apply for it alongside your study permit because its a course on its own.

Hope this helps out.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Tnablack(f): 11:47am On Sep 12, 2018
@henricson

I contacted my account officer who helped me out after several declined transactions. He enabled my GTBank Master card for international payment.

It didn't work with my savings so I had to moved my money to my current account and it went thru. Make sure you have up to N80k in the account.

You can go to your bank or do it online. To get your account officer number, Log on to your online banking e.g www.gtbank.com, input your details, check for account officers and call any of them.

You should get thru in 30mins with their help and guidance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MeinKampf: 11:49am On Sep 12, 2018
Doyenrey:

Hello,
I am in your shoes too lol
What program?
Honestly, I don't know what to do
Industrial Engineering M.Eng
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Tnablack(f): 11:58am On Sep 12, 2018
@ jnyuwa02,
Good to see you bro most importantly that you are well.

Your labour will not be in vain. Everything will be in your favour and the Lord will honour you in due season.

While you pray, please continue your charity/selfless works you been doing for others here. Forget the attacks, remember, the bigger the crown- the bigger the cross.

@Frankribbn1 please be back too already. We have missed your contributions. The threads been dry. You guys made me active here after being a silent reader for so long and your contributions made me keep coming back even if they weren't for me but I knew I could need them someday to help others.
Please can you atleast say an hello! God bless you bro!
.....................................................................................

Nothing, 5 more days to resumption. I have sent two emails to London and Lagos this morning highlighting them of the urgency of the situation. I stay expectant. Thanks for checking in.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kishkosh: 12:49pm On Sep 12, 2018
Guys, pls I've been unable to log in to my account since yesterday. I have been unable to log in even before the upgrade of the Cic system.
I've checked all fields and I'm certain I'm not making any mistake. In fact. My chrome auto saved my username and password, but now it's saying error.
I've checked 'forgot password'as well and imputed accurate info in the recovery feilds and to no avail.

Pls, I want to know if this is general or peculiar.

Help me guys!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Smileyin: 1:52pm On Sep 12, 2018
They know i have done it but havent updated the site or said anything. Everything has been the same since i did my biometrics.
Trapping:

Do you mean to say you have not done your bionetrics? I submitted an online application yesterday and just this morning I got the biometric collection letter. I just tire for these Canadian people, they are just damn unpredictable.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Smileyin: 1:52pm On Sep 12, 2018
Amen. Thanks
Bertram87:

Okay well understood now.... It shall end in praise....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Smileyin: 1:56pm On Sep 12, 2018
Be patient cause your not alone. Just keep your faith, pray and it would work out. ps Your welcome.
Concate:

Thanks so much for the advise.

As for medical, I have not done medical neither have I received any email to proceed for medical.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Success2019: 2:28pm On Sep 12, 2018
Hello guys ,
Please help me review my gcms notes I need you guys opinion on it
Thanks.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by litterbug(f): 2:37pm On Sep 12, 2018
Couldn't log into mine and kids too Since yesterday too..

Kishkosh:
Guys, pls I've been unable to log in to my account since yesterday. I have been unable to log in even before the upgrade of the Cic system.
I've checked all fields and I'm certain I'm not making any mistake. In fact. My chrome auto saved my username and password, but now it's saying error.
I've checked 'forgot password'as well and imputed accurate info in the recovery feilds and to no avail.

Pls, I want to know if this is general or peculiar.

Help me guys!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by yemupz(m): 2:58pm On Sep 12, 2018
henricson:

Thanks bro. I'm surprised gtb has a limit.

Yes they do, but am sure they just increased their limit. Check with your branch if your Mastercard is 'activated' for online banking or if your account is properly 'linked' to your card. Could just be a minor thing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Concate(f): 3:12pm On Sep 12, 2018
Smileyin:
Be patient cause your not alone. Just keep your faith, pray and it would work out. ps Your welcome.

Thanks so much for the encouragement.

I got my medical call today and I'm hopeful that all will be well after the medicals.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 3:22pm On Sep 12, 2018
Concate:

I got my medical call today and I'm hopeful that all will be well after the medicals.

Congrats. Some positive news at last

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 12, 2018
Concate:

Great news. When did you apply? Paper or online?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Concate(f): 3:33pm On Sep 12, 2018
ANaledi:

Great news. When did you apply? Paper or online?

Online application submitted on May 31st
Biometrics on June 4th
Eligibility review started on September 12th
Medical call on September 12th

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 12, 2018
Concate:

Biometrics on June 4th

3-month wait for medical call? Wow. Have you deferred to winter ‘19 or you’re going to hang in there for fall ‘18?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kishkosh: 3:42pm On Sep 12, 2018
litterbug:
Couldn't log into mine and kids too Since yesterday too..

Na wa ooo, what could be the problem guys pls

Help out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Concate(f): 3:46pm On Sep 12, 2018
ANaledi:

3-month wait for medical call? Wow. Have you deferred to winter ‘19 or you’re going to hang in there for fall ‘18?

Na so o. I already deferred to Jan '19 though I have not informed IRCC yet. I still don't know the best time to inform them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 3:55pm On Sep 12, 2018
Concate:

Na so o. I already deferred to Jan '19 though I have not informed IRCC yet. I still don't know the best time to inform them.

Perhaps they may request for updated offer letter if the letter submitted initially was strictly for Fall 2018. I guess better to wait till they request.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by canadabyfire: 3:56pm On Sep 12, 2018
Congrats babe.............so happy for u..............guess u gat lots of travel history...............so the delay grin grin grin grin...............anyway just guessing sha...........thank God the waiting wasnt in vain

Concate:

Biometrics on June 4th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Concate(f): 4:07pm On Sep 12, 2018
canadabyfire:

Congrats babe.............so happy for u..............guess u gat lots of travel history...............so the delay grin grin grin grin...............anyway just guessing sha...........thank God the waiting wasnt in vain

Thanks.

I have never left the shores of NIGERIA but I have valid US visa and several expired SA visas on my passport.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MeinKampf: 5:41pm On Sep 12, 2018
Success2019:
Hello guys ,
Please help me review my gcms notes I need you guys opinion on it
Thanks.
kindly take down this picture and remove sensitive information like your name and application number on it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by thompson1510(m): 6:00pm On Sep 12, 2018
Concate:

Congrats Ma'am.
I am already packaging my documents too but I think I am gonna need your help. I have deferred my admission till January and I just got a new admission letter.
I want to apply but I have few questions please.
Can I send you an email?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by thompson1510(m): 6:08pm On Sep 12, 2018
Thanks guys for your constant help on this thread.
Concordia just sent me a new admission letter since I deferred my admission till next year.
Now I am planning to apply for my study permit before this month runs out.
I have lots of questions please. I dont know if there is anybody here who's gonna help please.

Dont mind me, am a novice. I have read every pages but I still got some questions.
I am gonna be posting the questions here but I just thought it would be better if I chat with any of the gurus on WhatsApp please.

Thanks to @joe10 for his help concerning my SOP. He did a great job for me without collecting anything.
May the good Lord bless you bro.

Would be glad if any of you guys just give me 30mins of your time please. I just have problem packaging my documents
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Henrykingiv: 6:42pm On Sep 12, 2018
August 8th
Lagos2canna:

When did you do biometrics?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 6:48pm On Sep 12, 2018
Henrykingiv:
August 8th
You app is pretty fast, it shall end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 12, 2018
Henrykingiv:
August 8th

And you’ve done medicals too?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 12, 2018
Henrykingiv:
August 8th

I submitted online on the 8th of August. Biometrics already on file
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Uzee24: 9:54pm On Sep 12, 2018
Gud p.m House,

Hope we are all doing gud.
The status of my 4 months old app has been reading submitted all this while and my eligiblity has been on since June. However, I just logged in some minutes ago and noticed that the status has changed to app/profile updated.

I understand this could be as a result of the system maintenance of yesterday, but there was visibly no change or anything new on my profile.

So I have been thinking... "Does it mean that my app has been left unattended to all this time and they just started looking at it? Or "Is this new status update for the eligibility they started reviewing since June but status update did not reflect in my account till now? STILL PONDERING!

Hang on guys, what will be...will be.

(1) (2) (3) ... (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.