Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (461) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (786390 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kayvine4u: 9:21am On Sep 11, 2018
People tend to refer to it as "upfront" because it was done before medical request from CIC. U simply went ahead to do it ahead/upfront of CIC's request...kapish!

Dwebb55:

I'd like to correct a view which seems to be getting quite common. Please note it doesn't apply to the moniker above but I just used it to buttress my point.

We've recently seen several expectees who didn't do medicals upfront but did it after submitting their biometrics to speed up their application if it is positive.

Now most people seem to call that 'upfront medicals'. That is simply wrong as it wasn't done upfront but after biometrics has been completed. It completely throws me off when people upload medical results much later after application submission and still call it up front medicals

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Osemigho: 9:27am On Sep 11, 2018
leki10:

Hello boss, Pls do u mean the express entry for skilled workers?

Thanks.
i look forward to your response.

Yes Sir/Madam.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Osemigho: 9:28am On Sep 11, 2018
ImperialCovfefe:

Thanks. Was the medical initially done for the student visa or the PR?

Student visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Osemigho: 9:31am On Sep 11, 2018
mcobex:
I am doing great bro. How's everything going so far?
Fine sir. we are about to start checking daily weather prediction in Calgary.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kemsure30: 9:48am On Sep 11, 2018
Good morning house
I sent a web form enquiry on the 30th of aug after waiting for 11 weeks so they replied this morning from the Lagos office but it was the London office I sent the message to,they said my application is under active review
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Concate(f): 10:10am On Sep 11, 2018
Biakwa:

Dear Amo,

Can you please help me out with a sample of the mails you sent..... I pm you

Please I'm also interested in the sample emails as I have submitted d web form and mailed the Lagos, London, Accra, Nairobi and Abu Dhabi offices on two occasions with no responses.

I'm not sure u sent the right message.

Kindly assist.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Concate(f): 10:22am On Sep 11, 2018
Concate:

Please I'm also interested in the sample emails as I have submitted d web form and mailed the Lagos, London, Accra, Nairobi and Abu Dhabi offices on two occasions with no responses.

I'm not sure u sent the right message.

Kindly assist.
Thanks.

Apologies.

I meant I'm not sure I sent the right message.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 10:24am On Sep 11, 2018
Kemsure30:
Good morning house
I sent a web form enquiry on the 30th of aug after waiting for 11 weeks so they replied this morning from the Lagos office but it was the London office I sent the message to,they said my application is under active review

I pray you hear positive feedback soon.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by canadabyfire: 10:24am On Sep 11, 2018
Hello Kemsure,

You for 2018 fall or deferring to 2019?

Kemsure30:
Good morning house
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by annmmesoma: 10:24am On Sep 11, 2018
Good morning to everyone, please who have sent an email to CIC concerning no update in their application and he/she have received a favorable response from them after the email because I intend sending one this week

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by realshifu: 10:33am On Sep 11, 2018
Josh1996:
Good morning. Please is not having any travel history a challenge in getting study visa.. thanks

It poses no challenge whatsoever. Before now, I have never been out of Nigeria (As a matter of factly, never been on a plane too, GIGM has been my very good friend grin). And not just that, I was denied Visiting Visas twice to the US (Last year October), and once to the UK (Last March/April).

Once a VO deem you qualified for a Canadian study permit, you are qualified. Your travel hx becomes irrelevant.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by TFLASHOGEE(m): 11:06am On Sep 11, 2018
morning house why is the thread so silent and slow abi FALL TRAIN don finally leave station? than if that the matter can we WINTER PASSENGER start to they board?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by teefinix: 11:15am On Sep 11, 2018
Thanks so much...
I actually took time to write acca and that was done at a very slow pace coupled with work stress. Now that i have finished with acca i prefer to pursue a world class mba in canada.

Thanks for ur time.

yemupz:

No. I do not think self sponsorship affect your chances of getting the study permit in anyway. In fact with 12yrs work experience, I believe the visa Officer will expect that you have earned and save enough to sponsor yourself. Although that long work experience also means that you have been out of school for long time. You may have to explain/convince the VO in your SOP why you're going back to school now after so long, how it improves your career prospects and why you choose Canada.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 11:15am On Sep 11, 2018
TFLASHOGEE:
morning house why is the thread so silent and slow abi FALL TRAIN don finally leave station? than if that the matter can we WINTER PASSENGER start to they board?
Lol cic has shift focus from study permit, I think they have reached their limit for Fall.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kemsure30: 11:24am On Sep 11, 2018
canadabyfire:
Hello Kemsure,

You for 2018 fall or deferring to 2019?

Have deferred to 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Biakwa: 11:25am On Sep 11, 2018
Good morning,

Who knows if they have finished with their upgrade,has anyones status changed, changed to what
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 11:26am On Sep 11, 2018
Biakwa:
Good morning,

Who knows if they have finished with their upgrade,has anyones status changed, changed to what
Maintenance is over, you can login and check
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Doyenrey: 11:38am On Sep 11, 2018
Kemsure30:

Have deferred to 2019

2019 winter or fall?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kishkosh: 11:53am On Sep 11, 2018
Kemsure30:
Good morning house

This same thing happened to me in a different way.
My first Web enquiry was responded to from London, whereas I sent to Lagos, my second Web enquiry was however responded to from Lagos when sent to London.
I wouldn't know why, maybe any office can respond or my app was transfered to Lagos due to back log in London.
Hoping for the best shaaa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Hadastextiles: 11:53am On Sep 11, 2018
Biakwa:
Good morning,

No update jewe
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 11:55am On Sep 11, 2018
Biakwa:
Good morning,

Maybe system will refresh by noon.

Lot's of individuals and families couldn't fly yesterday because of eTA as their system was down and airlines refused to let them board. System is back up now though they may have bigger issues to deal with.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Hadastextiles: 11:55am On Sep 11, 2018
TFLASHOGEE:
Lolz, Dis people can give person hypertension
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Hadastextiles: 11:57am On Sep 11, 2018
galala123:

Maybe system will refresh by noon.

Hahahahaha, u people don turn to vo's sef, Wc one is system refresh... Abeg I can't laff jewe
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by SirVal94: 12:02pm On Sep 11, 2018
Site maintenance over. Has anyone gotten any update?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 11, 2018
Hadastextiles:

Hahahahaha, u people don turn to vo's sef, Wc one is system refresh... Abeg I can't laff jewe

No one is playing VO!

The gckey portal is a system. It’s not magic.

There was supposed to be system maintenance in the early hours of today, and we were subsequently supposed to be unable to login. Guess what, I was able to from this end.

They had a system problem yesterday and a lot of people from all over the world were denied flying to Canada. System was down from around midday to past midnight.

It’s fine to assume they had a bigger issue and of course couldn’t afford to let the portal remain inaccessible.

It’s fine to speculate. It’s okay to find it funny. Just don’t see it as anyone playing VO. It’s a public form. Filter what you read (and digest) and move on like everyone else.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 12:08pm On Sep 11, 2018
Hadastextiles:

My bros/ sis.
OBJ turned to Pastor while incarcerated
Sen Jang started preaching to fellow inmates when he was locked up
Journalist Jones Abiri became head pastor in DSS detention

I've come to realise that there's one thing in common between peeps detained and those with application in IRCC detention... You won't know when you become very holy and you start formulating theories. Have been hearing lots of prayer and fasting after approvals. Those wey dem bounce no pray and fast? I don't hear prayer and fasting confession from delayed peeps.

It is well oh! May those that missed the main fall flight be carried on the left baggages train to the same destination. AMEN.

The thread is fast mutating to Winter 2019... Soldier go, soldier come!

Goodluck to Season 2019, meanwhile, fall applicants should hang on strong to that string of hope and remain positive. Perhaps they saved the best for last.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Henrykingiv: 12:21pm On Sep 11, 2018
My eligibility is being reviewed Now.

July 30th
Famzyactivity:
online July Applicants, what is the status of your Application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by COPR: 12:24pm On Sep 11, 2018
Dwebb55:

I'd like to correct a view which seems to be getting quite common. Please note it doesn't apply to the moniker above but I just used it to buttress my point.

We've recently seen several expectees who didn't do medicals upfront but did it after submitting their biometrics to speed up their application if it is positive.

Now most people seem to call that 'upfront medicals'. That is simply wrong as it wasn't done upfront but after biometrics has been completed. It completely throws me off when people upload medical results much later after application submission and still call it up front medicals

Any medical you do when CIC has not requested for it is upfront medical.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 12:34pm On Sep 11, 2018
Henrykingiv:
My eligibility is being reviewed Now.

July 30th
When did you do biometrics?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 11, 2018
Hello Family.

Greetings from Canny Land. Sorry I have not been able to post as I got to canada about when classes started and I am still trying to adapt. My Landing experience was simple though. I was only asked to present my Passport, admission letter and my letter from the embassy. I received the permit and was asked to pick my SIN at any of the service canada outlet.

Na 13 degrees we dey o and we never even enter winter. Assignments don dey build up gradually God help us. By the way I have not seen Naijaforeigner. Was hoping to have you as the second black in class. Please reach out as soon as you enter canada and school. A lot has been covered already.

To all members waiting to enter canada based on visa, it will end in praise. Amen

Warm wishes.

25 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 1:25pm On Sep 11, 2018
Harbhmborlar:
Thanks FAM! But do I need to send the profs my SOP too?
Yes, most schools require you to have a professor that can guarantee you funding before applying. Try and send messages to all the professors in your filed stating your interest and why you will like to be part of their team, if they are interested they will reply your mail and give you further directions. Once you can get the attention of any prof(with your research interest) you are good to go.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by olaxmatic07(m): 1:59pm On Sep 11, 2018
Pls I need advice on my career path, I'm planning to sell my landed property, car and other accessories to pursue a bsc in Canada (and in civil Engr) Wanna further my education. So I'd like to know if living over there after school is advisable and wanna know how to foot other bills after and tuition fees after paying for the first semester from here. Pls help out
Frankrobbn1:

OvaSabi1,

Having a MSc and Bsc and going to Canada for a 9 months program that is not a degree won't fly here. Go for a degree that is higher than your already completed degree, which is a Phd to show a logical progression. Going for a second masters degree in Canada that is directly related to your previous studies will also fly with justifiable reasons backed up with facts to why you opted out for a masters degree in Canada instead of a Phd at that point in time.

Answers:
1-) Your purpose of visit will be questioned by the visa officer if you plan using the 9 months non degree as your intended program. Also, After the completion of studies in Canada, student is eligible to apply for a post graduate work permit, upon which after 2-3years depending on your program, you can then apply for a permanent residence in Canada.

2-) You can use www.oanda.com for your exchange rate and yes you can recieve PTA from your bank once you've successfully acquired your TRV and ready to travel. You have to tender an acceptance letter, booked flight tickets, international passport and a visa to the bank and a PTA of $4000 per quarter will be issued to you.

3-) By CIC requirement, an applicant must show sufficient funds for tuition and living expenses of 10,000CAD for the first academic year.

4-) As said earlier, after studies in Canada, you're eligible to apply for a PGWP, which will allow you to stay back in Canada and work full time without restrictions.

5-) Getting a job in Canada is very difficult as a first timer, In as much as most employers in Canada prefers to employ an employee/worker with Canadian work experience which makes it very frustrating securing a job for a first timer in Canada. Some stay close to over 6 months before getting a job. All in all, it depends strictly by your effort and how you keep pushing to secure a job.

6-) Being an asthmatic patient won't affect your visa application. Medicals, has to do with test of urine, eyes, blood.... Mostly, HIV, syphilis, Chest X-ray.

7-) It depends on the agent you will be making use of in booking your flight: Currently flight rate to Canada is within the range of 250-300K.

You might want to check: https://www.travelstart.com.ng, and www.wakanow.com etc... or pay visit to any local/Int'l airport close to you to confirm the current flight rate to Canada.

I hope the above goes a long way in answering your questions. Feel free to ask questions anytime!

All the best!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.