Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,743 members, 7,820,556 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (491) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (787231 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by SirVal94: 10:26pm On Sep 20, 2018
This one weak me cry cry. Bro, you should be jumping in thanksgiving right now. There is no such thing as refusal stamp.
Diijah:
I applied for a study visa in May and I got a request to submit my passport to VFS. Does that mean I’m getting the visa? I’m a little nervous cause I don’t know if they can request for my passport to put a refusal stamp.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by tizzdi(m): 2:38am On Sep 21, 2018
good day @all pls wats y’all opinions if i decided to apply for an undergraduate degree having that am almost done with my university education here in nigeria, having completed my ssce in 2014..do u think the VO’s frown at it hence a refusal? whats the best route having that am sure am gonna grad with at least a 3.3 and we all know canada doesn’t accept that for masters.
wis i had d info i have now as at then sad..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by BRANDYAK: 3:51am On Sep 21, 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 4:36am On Sep 21, 2018
Fortissimo502:
Anyone studying in UWaterloo or planning to? Or anyone living in the area? I'll be there in January. Hit me up abeg.
I'm planning to.....I would love to PM you if you don't mind
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kayvine4u: 9:03am On Sep 21, 2018
Hello gurus in d house,

I need your thots on this issue. I've obviously missed my sept 17 resumption date since i am yet to get my study permit, its been 11 weeks now. The school has deferred my admission to April 2019, as there's no Jan start for my program. The issue is i really do not want to wait till April, I'm thinking of withdrawing my application and then just go do my masters in d UK, which will end by May/June, just about when I'm supposed to start d Canada program. I can then apply for EE or PN with my masters degree which wld boost my points.
Wat do u guys think? Wat r d implications of withdawing my study visa application and how long wld it take to get my passport back?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by henricson(m): 9:07am On Sep 21, 2018
galala123:
Seems they're back online. Correspondent henricson reporting from VFS.... Please confirm present system status. If they are still down, please go behind and check to see if they are working on their generator as inverter may be only powering the light bulbs.

Baba, they're not oh! Was at vfs all day and we were asked to go and come back this morning. I've been here since 8am, same story. Tempers are flaring already, people are angry for their time being wasted. I was supposed to leave Lagos today oh! See one chance vfs want to put me in.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sleekysoft(m): 9:13am On Sep 21, 2018
Not a bad plan sir, a moniker(@doyenrey) wrote for withdrawal of aplication and got a Passport request 2 days later.. if that is what your mind tells you to do please do .. you can message him for how he did it

kayvine4u:
Hello gurus in d house,

I need your thots on this issue. I've obviously missed my sept 17 resumption date since i am yet to get my study permit, its been 11 weeks now. The school has deferred my admission to April 2019, as there's no Jan start for my program. The issue is i really do not want to wait till April, I'm thinking of withdrawing my application and then just go do my masters in d UK, which will end by May/June, just about when I'm supposed to start d Canada program. I can then apply for EE or PN with my masters degree which wld boost my points.
Wat do u guys think? Wat r d implications of withdawing my study visa application and how long wld it take to get my passport back?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kayvine4u: 9:31am On Sep 21, 2018
My passport is with them already, i applied via paper route

sleekysoft:
Not a bad plan sir, a moniker(@doyenrey) wrote for withdrawal of aplication and got a Passport request 2 days later.. if that is what your mind tells you to do please do .. you can message him for how he did it

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 9:40am On Sep 21, 2018
When did you apply?. Do you have an admission for the intended Uk Master's program?.

kayvine4u:
My passport is with them already, i applied via paper route

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by giftbush(m): 9:43am On Sep 21, 2018
Hello my people, I just got admission for winter 2019. Please someone should help me with next steps to follow to apply. Thanks all

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sleekysoft(m): 9:54am On Sep 21, 2018
Awesome congrats , steps to following in applying include
1) Reading through CIC website
2) Reading Nairaland from page 0 Part 1 till now
3) Asking specific question and not generic one when things not clear
Those the best steps .. All the best sir/Ma
giftbush:
Hello my people, I just got admission for winter 2019. Please someone should help me with next steps to follow to apply. Thanks all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 9:58am On Sep 21, 2018
How Far?

Biakwa:

My brother it was denied

Please who knows how long it will take to get back fund from Fanshawe college
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Awuuga: 10:01am On Sep 21, 2018
giftbush,

First off, congratulations on your admission. Secondly, this should supposedly be important to you. I'd advice you to take the time out and read this thread from page 0, if after reading you have questions to ask you can then ask the floor. No one is going to spoon-feed you with all that information, as you might have observed everyone is tensed right now.

Regards.

giftbush:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by giftbush(m): 10:03am On Sep 21, 2018
@/sleekysoft thanks. I will do that but I case of any question, hope I can ask you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kayvine4u: 10:04am On Sep 21, 2018
Applied July 6, its 11 weeks today.
Yes, i have a UK admission already, had to contact them again and was given oct 21 as latest date of resumption

mightyola:
When did you apply?. Do you have an admission for the intended Uk Master's program?.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 10:07am On Sep 21, 2018
henricson:

Baba, they're not oh! Was at vfs all day and we were asked to go and come back this morning. I've been here since 8am, same story. Tempers are flaring already, people are angry for their time being wasted. I was supposed to leave Lagos today oh! See one chance vfs want to put me in.
Anybody at vfs abuja should give us report on biometric.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Awuuga: 10:09am On Sep 21, 2018
tizzdi

Why an undegraduate degree instead of a PGD? Anyway its very much possible to scale through with this profile, people have done so in the past. I must point out that you have a huge task of convincing the VO in your SOP. I'd also advice that whatever course you decide to pursue (undergraduate or PGD) should be in line with the current course you're offering in Nigeria at the moment. I hope this helps.

Best regards.

tizzdi:
good day @all pls wats y’all opinions if i decided to apply for an undergraduate degree having that am almost done with my university education here in nigeria, having completed my ssce in 2014..do u think the VO’s frown at it hence a refusal? whats the best route having that am sure am gonna grad with at least a 3.3 and we all know canada doesn’t accept that for masters.
wis i had d info i have now as at then sad..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by joe10: 10:11am On Sep 21, 2018
kayvine4u:
Hello gurus in d house,

kayvine4u
Since your ultimate goal is to apply for EE/PNP in the future i would advise that you patiently wait for April 2019 batch as 2019 is fast approaching. By the time you do the cost/benefit analysis of either having M.sc in the UK or Canada and considering your end goal "PR" Canada would be the best option because you might be engaged in a paid employment while studying, you will apply for PGWP after your program which would add up to your point for EE application. Yes, UK M.sc would boost your points a little but you have to think about the continuous rise in Canadian CRS which is highly competitive for Masters holders unless with a high IELTS score. Canadian PGWP will give you additional points for Canadian work experience and it is the easiest path to achieving your end goal.

I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 11:57am On Sep 21, 2018
So you still have to apply for an UK student visa right. What is the status of your app, any update?. Eligibility, background..any?

kayvine4u:
Applied July 6, its 11 weeks today.
Yes, i have a UK admission already, had to contact them again and was given oct 21 as latest date of resumption

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MeinKampf: 12:07pm On Sep 21, 2018
sleekysoft:

@doyenrey didn't write for withdrawal of his application from CIC but to Concordia University as the deadline given to him was Sept 17th. What he did actually was deferral of admission to next year.
@kayvine4u
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Doyenrey: 12:42pm On Sep 21, 2018
MeinKampf:

@doyenrey didn't write for withdrawal of his application from CIC but to Concordia University as the deadline given to him was Sept 17th. What he did actually was deferral of admission to next year.
@kayvine4u

I actually wrote to CIC to withdraw my application after I deferred. I just hope it won't cause any problem now that I've submitted my passport.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 12:46pm On Sep 21, 2018
Hi Nairalanders,

Still waiting for my hubby's approval. It will end in praises and thanksgiving in Jesus name.
However, we got an update yesterday for Medical passed for all of us meanwhile passport is already with the Visa office. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin.

Please, I want to ask, does anyone have an idea how to go about getting an International Drivers license in Nigeria?
Is it okay to land Canada on a weekend? say Saturday or Sunday. For people that have landed, was it better landing on weekday or a weekend?. I have plenty load. smiley

Thanks in advance.

goingforward

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Doyenrey: 12:58pm On Sep 21, 2018
goingforward:
Hi Nairalanders,

Still waiting for my hubby's approval. It will end in praises and thanksgiving in Jesus name.
However, we got an update yesterday for Medical passed for all of us meanwhile passport is already with the Visa office. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin.

Please, I want to ask, does anyone have an idea how to go about getting an International Drivers license in Nigeria?
Is it okay to land Canada on a weekend? say Saturday or Sunday. For people that have landed, was it better landing on weekday or a weekend?. I have plenty load. smiley

Thanks in advance.

goingforward

I got the same update yesterday. When do you think we would get our passports? Our eligibility reveiw also started the same day. 7th Sept. Lol

I pray your husband gets his approval soon.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 1:00pm On Sep 21, 2018
Doyenrey:

I got the same update yesterday. When do you think we would get our passports?

I pray your husband gets his approval soon.

Amen at your prayers. Maybe it's the same VO that is handling our applications. smiley

I think between 5 - 8 days from the date of submission.
I know someone who recently submitted and passport was ready on the 7th day after submission.

goingforward.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nogen: 1:21pm On Sep 21, 2018
goingforward:
Hi Nairalanders,

Thanks in advance.

goingforward
congrats on your visa application success . You can drive with your r Nigerian drivers license here. But in the absence of this, you can procure an international one.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kayvine4u: 1:23pm On Sep 21, 2018
Yes, is still have to apply for UK study visa. I hear you can pay for priority visa dat can be issued in 5days.
Status of Canada processing has background check amd eligibility review running

mightyola:
So you still have to apply for an UK student visa right. What is the status of your app, any update?. Eligibility, background..any?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kayvine4u: 1:24pm On Sep 21, 2018
Thanks for this feedback, I'll think it thru. ��
joe10:

kayvine4u
Since your ultimate goal is to apply for EE/PNP in the future i would advise that you patiently wait for April 2019 batch as 2019 is fast approaching. By the time you do the cost/benefit analysis of either having M.sc in the UK or Canada and considering your end goal "PR" Canada would be the best option because you might be engaged in a paid employment while studying, you will apply for PGWP after your program which would add up to your point for EE application. Yes, UK M.sc would boost your points a little but you have to think about the continuous rise in Canadian CRS which is highly competitive for Masters holders unless with a high IELTS score. Canadian PGWP will give you additional points for Canadian work experience and it is the easiest path to achieving your end goal.

I hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Doyenrey: 1:25pm On Sep 21, 2018
goingforward:

Amen at your prayers. Maybe it's the same VO that is handling our applications. smiley

I think between 5 - 8 days from the date of submission.
I know someone who recently submitted and passport was ready on the 7th day after submission.

goingforward.

Lol perhaps

When are you supposed to resume? This fall or winter?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 1:31pm On Sep 21, 2018
Yes you can pay priority. There is progress on your app, Just be patient and it will end well.

kayvine4u:
Yes, is still have to apply for UK study visa. I hear you can pay for priority visa dat can be issued in 5days.
Status of Canada processing has background check amd eligibility review running

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 1:50pm On Sep 21, 2018
Doyenrey:

Lol perhaps

When are you supposed to resume? This fall or winter?

Winter Jan 2019.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 1:56pm On Sep 21, 2018
Nogen:

congrats on your visa application success . You can drive with your r Nigerian drivers license here. But in the absence of this, you can procure an international one.

My driver's license is still in paper form since Dec 2017. i don't have the card yet and they keep saying it's not ready yet. So i think getting an International Drivers license will be better for me.
Any idea who issues it?

Goingforward.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ify85: 2:31pm On Sep 21, 2018
[quote author=goingforward post=71395689]

My driver's license is still in paper form since Dec 2017. i don't have the card yet and they keep saying it's not ready yet. So i think getting an International Drivers license will be better for me.
Any idea who issues it?

Goingforward.[/quote[color=#770077][/color]

Congrats on your approval. I am next in Jesus name!!! Amen!!

As regards international driving licence, you can get it at the same place they get police clearance certificate in Ikoyi Lagos. It used to be 7000 naira, but not sure of the cost now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.