Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,523 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (492) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (786499 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 2:34pm On Sep 21, 2018
[quote author=ify85 post=71396691][/quote]

Oh, thanks a bunch. I have checked on google couldn't find where it could be gotten. I appreciate this information.
May God grant you your heart desires in Jesus name. Amen.

goingforward

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ify85: 2:34pm On Sep 21, 2018
goingforward:
Hi Nairalanders,

Still waiting for my hubby's approval. It will end in praises and thanksgiving in Jesus name.
However, we got an update yesterday for Medical passed for all of us meanwhile passport is already with the Visa office. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin.

Please, I want to ask, does anyone have an idea how to go about getting an International Drivers license in Nigeria?
Is it okay to land Canada on a weekend? say Saturday or Sunday. For people that have landed, was it better landing on weekday or a weekend?. I have plenty load. smiley

Thanks in advance.

goingforward
[color=#770077][/color]

Congrats on your approval. I am next in Jesus name!!! Amen!!

As regards international driving licence, you can get it at the same place they get police clearance certificate in Ikoyi Lagos. It used to be 7000 naira, but not sure of the cost now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nogen: 2:39pm On Sep 21, 2018
goingforward:

My driver's license is still in paper form since Dec 2017. i don't have the card yet and they keep saying it's not ready yet. So i think getting an International Drivers license will be better for me.
Any idea who issues it?

Goingforward.

Send me a pm, when i am off lectures this evening, will find out from hubby how he got me the one i used in the US 3 years ago.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by GloriaNino: 2:50pm On Sep 21, 2018
bayocanny:

lol even breadandbeans got his visa some years back
Lmao.. I had to deactivate that monicker and the thing really pain me [color=#990000][/color] grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by odimbannamdi(m): 2:54pm On Sep 21, 2018
tizzdi:
good day @all pls wats y’all opinions if i decided to apply for an undergraduate degree having that am almost done with my university education here in nigeria, having completed my ssce in 2014..do u think the VO’s frown at it hence a refusal? whats the best route having that am sure am gonna grad with at least a 3.3 and we all know canada doesn’t accept that for masters.
wis i had d info i have now as at then sad..

It aint too late to make amends. Most schools consider the GPA of your last tek semesters. So put in your best in those semesters
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Uju4real002: 2:54pm On Sep 21, 2018
pls help me, Am applying online, and I didn't see where to attach my credentials. and secondly how do I link my biometric to it. I did biometric last year and its still valid. thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kylexy61(m): 3:18pm On Sep 21, 2018
kayvine4u:

Hello gurus in d house,

I need your thots on this issue. I've obviously missed my sept 17 resumption date since i am yet to get my study permit, its been 11 weeks now. The school has deferred my admission to April 2019, as there's no Jan start for my program. The issue is i really do not want to wait till April, I'm thinking of withdrawing my application and then just go do my masters in d UK, which will end by May/June, just about when I'm supposed to start d Canada program. I can then apply for EE or PN with my masters degree which wld boost my points.
Wat do u guys think? Wat r d implications of withdawing my study visa application and how long wld it take to get my passport back?

joe10:

kayvine4u
Since your ultimate goal is to apply for EE/PNP in the future i would advise that you patiently wait for April 2019 batch as 2019 is fast approaching. By the time you do the cost/benefit analysis of either having M.sc in the UK or Canada and considering your end goal "PR" Canada would be the best option because you might be engaged in a paid employment while studying, you will apply for PGWP after your program which would add up to your point for EE application. Yes, UK M.sc would boost your points a little but you have to think about the continuous rise in Canadian CRS which is highly competitive for Masters holders unless with a high IELTS score. Canadian PGWP will give you additional points for Canadian work experience and it is the easiest path to achieving your end goal.

I hope this helps.

Exactly. In addition to that, an MSc in Canada will attract more CRS points than an MSc from UK. Finally, once you eventually become a PR, having previously lived in Canada and also having Canadian degree will significantly improve your job prospects, compared to your PR peers who just landed from overseas.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by wealth360: 3:23pm On Sep 21, 2018
Send me a PM, I did one for myself and my wife last two weeks and it was sent to me here.
goingforward:

My driver's license is still in paper form since Dec 2017. i don't have the card yet and they keep saying it's not ready yet. So i think getting an International Drivers license will be better for me.
Any idea who issues it?

Goingforward.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by eagle001: 3:37pm On Sep 21, 2018
goingforward:
Hi Nairalanders,

Still waiting for my hubby's approval. It will end in praises and thanksgiving in Jesus name.
However, we got an update yesterday for Medical passed for all of us meanwhile passport is already with the Visa office. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin.

Please, I want to ask, does anyone have an idea how to go about getting an International Drivers license in Nigeria?
Is it okay to land Canada on a weekend? say Saturday or Sunday. For people that have landed, was it better landing on weekday or a weekend?. I have plenty load. smiley

Thanks in advance.

goingforward

have you gotten your correspondence letter?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 4:21pm On Sep 21, 2018
You were the one bearing breandandbeans before ?
GloriaNino:

Lmao.. I had to deactivate that monicker and the thing really pain me [color=#990000][/color] grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 4:24pm On Sep 21, 2018
Nogen:

Send me a pm, when i am off lectures this evening, will find out from hubby how he got me the one i used in the US 3 years ago.

Okay thanks. Will do.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 4:25pm On Sep 21, 2018
wealth360:
Send me a PM, I did one for myself and my wife last two weeks and it was sent to me here.

Okay thanks will do.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 4:26pm On Sep 21, 2018
eagle001:

have you gotten your correspondence letter?

No not yet.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by eagle001: 5:10pm On Sep 21, 2018
goingforward:

No not yet.

update me when you get your letter so that I will know how long it took you to get your letter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by tizzdi(m): 5:40pm On Sep 21, 2018
odimbannamdi:

It aint too late to make amends. Most schools consider the GPA of your last tek semesters. So put in your best in those semesters
lol..i wish o..am in 400 already first semester tho
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bankylan: 9:54pm On Sep 21, 2018
Does anyone know if Ryerson MBA accepts 2.2? The school isn't definite about this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by rachaelD(f): 10:51pm On Sep 21, 2018
[quote author=ify85 post=71396691][/quote]
That police station that does police report. I think Alagbon Ikoyi
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by henricson(m): 8:03am On Sep 22, 2018
Lagos2canna:

Anybody at vfs abuja should give us report on biometric.

Systems later came up around 10:30am so I was able to biometrics. But them vfs staff are so so rude. I mean they literally vent their frustrations on people. I expressed my displeasure at the short lady at pre submission desk cause I had to stay back in Lagos an extra day, the lady and her male colleague had the effrontery to attack me not to frustrate them on the job, I was just looking at them shocked. Another guy who was doing my biometrics told me he will send me out of the office as he has no time to waste cause my fingerprints weren't coming out clear. I kept trying to place them correctly, and he's like ' what are you doing, this is so simple? I'll walk you out.' I didn't know when I snapped and asked him not to talk down on me as I don't know him neither does he know me.
But the Koko be say those vfs guys need training in manners.

Finally I did biometrics sha... And have joined the wait at the train station. God's favor is sufficient.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by henricson(m): 8:41am On Sep 22, 2018
Uju4real002:
pls help me, Am applying online, and I didn't see where to attach my credentials. and secondly how do I link my biometric to it. I did biometric last year and its still valid. thanks

Your credentials will be in clients file, including your sop and loe. All your documents need to be in PDF, then you merge them. For biometrics, disregard if you have done before July 31st. You wouldn't be required to do one. I stand corrected
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by powerblessing: 9:57am On Sep 22, 2018
Please I need urgent reply from the Gurus. I have exceeded my school resumption deadline but I still haven’t heard from CIC as my profile is stil reviewing my background and eligibility status. My question is can my study permit still be approved even if I have passed deadline of resumption cos my school emailed me I have to reapply next fall as it’s against their policy to defer twice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Diijah: 10:18am On Sep 22, 2018
Diijah:

Lol you guys have been helpful. I’ll definitely quickly come back and tell you how it goes.

Guys good morning. I don’t know how to post here without quoting o. Someone please help me.

Anyway I was reading through the comments and I saw that you guys were getting updates on your application. I didn’t get any o. I kept getting a mail saying “no updates to your application.

Anyway, I dropped my passport off at vfs lagos yesterday and I got a tracking no this morning but when I tried tracking it on their website it said “no results”

Did anyone else have this issue?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Diijah: 10:21am On Sep 22, 2018
Diijah:

Guys good morning. I don’t know how to post here without quoting o. Someone please help me.

Anyway I was reading through the comments and I saw that you guys were getting updates on your application. I didn’t get any o. I kept getting a mail saying “no updates to your application.

Anyway, I dropped my passport off at vfs lagos yesterday and I got a tracking no this morning but when I tried tracking it on their website it said “no results”

Did anyone else have this issue?

Side note: When I signed into my application I’d see updates with the review of my application. Like when they started checking my eligibility I saw the update but I’d still get a mail saying no update to my application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by TFLASHOGEE(m): 11:02am On Sep 22, 2018
henricson:

Systems later came up around 10:30am so I was able to biometrics. But them vfs staff are so so rude. I mean they literally vent their frustrations on people. I expressed my displeasure at the short lady at pre submission desk cause I had to stay back in Lagos an extra day, the lady and her male colleague had the effrontery to attack me not to frustrate them on the job, I was just looking at them shocked. Another guy who was doing my biometrics told me he will send me out of the office as he has no time to waste cause my fingerprints weren't coming out clear. I kept trying to place them correctly, and he's like ' what are you doing, this is so simple? I'll walk you out.' I didn't know when I snapped and asked him not to talk down on me as I don't know him neither does he know me.

Finally I did biometrics sha... And have joined the wait at the train station. God's favor is sufficient.
welcome to the train station bro when our train arrived we shall all board and not miss. and as for the vfs staff it nothing to worry about one day Nigeria to will get better and they will also queue to get our visa, but till then let keep the hard work going.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Diijah: 11:25am On Sep 22, 2018
powerblessing:
Please I need urgent reply from the Gurus. I have exceeded my school resumption deadline but I still haven’t heard from CIC as my profile is stil reviewing my background and eligibility status. My question is can my study permit still be approved even if I have passed deadline of resumption cos my school emailed me I have to reapply next fall as it’s against their policy to defer twice

Yeah it might be possible. My school resumed on the 4th and late resumption was 10th. I only just got a passport request from the embassy a couple of days ago. I think on the 19th. Although I only had to differ till winter next year.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 22, 2018
Doyenrey:

I actually wrote to CIC to withdraw my application after I deferred. I just hope it won't cause any problem now that I've submitted my passport.

@Doyenrey

I think this can be of assistance to you. A decision has already been made before your withdrawal application is being processed. I think they will rather tag your application as "it cannot be withdrawn" when they want to process your withdrawal request.

Be hopeful and continue to give God thanks.

Thank You.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by yemupz(m): 11:33am On Sep 22, 2018
henricson:

Hmmm! Those vsf staff sha! I had similar experience, especially with 'the short lady at pre-submission desk', me i don't have patience with rude service providers o, i was forced to set her straight immediately.

Anyways welcome on-board the train, we shall all receive the good news soon!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 12:12pm On Sep 22, 2018
Doyenrey:

Thanks big man. I submitted a withdrawal request a day before the passport request came in, hope it won't matter??
Sorry for the late reply, been busy. I don't think it will affect you, if it will they wouldn't have asked for your passport
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 12:21pm On Sep 22, 2018
Cherryola:
@nogen @jnyuwa02 @Mcobex @goingforward  @linzo @canadabyfire my fellow brother and sister in the house pls this is my 3rd refusal gcms note I will want you to do give me ideas of what I can do in my 4th application cos I don't want to get refuse again pls drop me mail on how I can put down my family ties and how to prove the VO that am a genuine student here is my email Udemeh12@gmail.com pls show me love
Stick to the last advise I gave you and you will be fine. Sometimes this VOs miss some vital information, I have seen people get rejected due to hometie and they reapplied(without much changes to that) and got their TRV. Your hometie is good enough to get you TRV just make sure you STRESS your points clearly in your LOE.
Check the last post I made concerning this matter when you asked me and you should be fine.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dan90s: 1:40pm On Sep 22, 2018
Good day people I just checked, my visa was approved yesterday!!! Glory be to God (the big Man upstairs)...here’s my timeline.

Applied 15th of August (paper route).
Did biometrics the same day (15th Aug).
Linked application on 21st August.
Upfront medicals passed on 28th August.
Background check started 28th August.
Visa approved on 21st September.
Correspondence letter came in today (22nd Sept).

I’ll share the full details of all the documents later, lemme give God thanks and charge my phone. God that did mine will do yours for sure.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by powerblessing: 1:41pm On Sep 22, 2018
Diijah:

Yeah it might be possible. My school resumed on the 4th and late resumption was 10th. I only just got a passport request from the embassy a couple of days ago. I think on the 19th. Although I only had to differ till winter next year.

Thank you for your reply. I submitted my application since June 1 biometric update June 13.. since then no medical request from then. Still waiting patiently
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 2:08pm On Sep 22, 2018
Cherryola:
@nogen @jnyuwa02 @Mcobex @goingforward @linzo @canadabyfire my fellow brother and sister in the house pls this is my 3rd refusal gcms note I will want you to do give me ideas of what I can do in my 4th application cos I don't want to get refuse again pls drop me mail on how I can put down my family ties and how to prove the VO that am a genuine student here is my email Udemeh12@gmail.com pls show me love

Hi @Cherryola,

I think you can go with the suggestions that @jnyuwa02 @mcobex have provided as they have guided many on this forum including me.
As I don't have the full details of your profile and what you previously submitted.

One tip from me is- Get someone to crosscheck your SOP again for typo errors before you submit.

goingforward.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dera12345(f): 2:09pm On Sep 22, 2018
Dan90s:
Good day people I just checked, my visa was approved yesterday!!! Glory be to God (the big Man upstairs)...here’s my timeline.

Applied 15th of August (paper route).
Did biometrics the same day (15th Aug).
Linked application on 21st August.
Upfront medicals passed on 28th August.
Background check started 28th August.
Visa approved on 21st September.
Correspondence letter came in today (22nd Sept).

I’ll share the full details of all the documents later, lemme give God thanks and charge my phone. God that did mine will do yours for sure.

Amen!! Congratulations

(1) (2) (3) ... (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.