Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,161 members, 7,811,352 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 - Travel (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 (820181 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (473) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by manneger2: 7:49pm On Apr 26, 2019
RealityShot:
I believe that, what NIGHTLIFE100 & manneger2 are trying to say is that
With all your qualifications, you should start applying online till you get a suitable job offer above your current,
Then you can move over there.

GOOD luck.

When some of us are jumping there to job hunt,
It's because we earn less than 500aed here...
So a 1000aed job with accommodation looks pretty from here...

LOL... The way manneger2 is talking... Even after renting his own apartment in less than a year of moving there... He must have seen THINGS...

manneger2, Bros share ya experience please, some of us are planning to raid our life saving to go there O! Lol
Thank you

Bros I didn't say I have my own apartment, I only said I have my personal Residence visa now. U get now for my experience in uae is not too bad because I got a 2000aed job within 2wks I came with tourist visa but problem started when the company folded because of mis management and the company Cancelled all his workers, I began again searching for a job before I decided to do my own personal Residence visa. So uae is not easy you will go for interview perform wonderfully well with good attested certificate, they will still take a Filipino or Indians that you might be better than, there by leaving us Africa to do all the labourer/ man power job, my guy I tell you the biggest job for an Africa here now is security which pay between 2000 - 3000aed and top security company is refusing to employ Nigerians now, is not easy I tell u but there are still Nigerians doing wonderfully well expecially in IT industry and medical line. So if u are coming lower ur expectation, work hard and pray.

9 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Woody2(m): 7:53pm On Apr 26, 2019
NONNYG:
@LeRoyACCA,, if you’re chief accountant in a 5 star hotel here, you can earn up to 12000aed with everything provided for free
NONNYG PLS HELP UR BROTHER
Hello house I great everyone herr, my people I don enter and I need help oooo make una help ur fellow brother, justwise,nattybanta,just4jesu, everybody anyone with help, I make furniture, like kitchen cabinet, wardrobe,door, and so many pls help.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by LeRoyACCA: 7:57pm On Apr 26, 2019
RealityShot:
I believe that, what NIGHTLIFE100 & manneger2 are trying to say is that
With all your qualifications, you should start applying online till you get a suitable job offer above your current,
Then you can move over there.

GOOD luck.

When some of us are jumping there to job hunt,
It's because we earn less than 500aed here...
So a 1000aed job with accommodation looks pretty from here...

LOL... The way manneger2 is talking... Even after renting his own apartment in less than a year of moving there... He must have seen THINGS...

manneger2, Bros share ya experience please, some of us are planning to raid our life saving to go there O! Lol
Thank you

Good point dear.

I understand the implications of the risk am to take. I just thought guys from Nigeria with similar exposure 'll be able to share their two cents.

My understanding from a search online is that most recruiters prefer candidates on ground.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by justi4jesu(f): 7:57pm On Apr 26, 2019
Woody2:

NONNY.G PLS HELP UR BROTHER
Hello house I great everyone herr, my people I don enter and I need help oooo make una help ur fellow brother, justwise,nattybanta,just4jesu, everybody anyone with help, I make furniture, like kitchen cabinet, wardrobe,door, and so many pls help.

So because you need help that's why you should spam the thread? You shouldn't be here on Nairaland Bro, Go out there and prepare your CV and then start submitting your applications to mostly interior design companies (They need furniture and wood workers) both online via their company website and physically going to drop your CV at their offices, there is no help here for job so no need to waste your time calling out everyone.

4 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by RealityShot: 8:24pm On Apr 26, 2019
manneger2:

Bros I didn't say I have my own apartment, I only said I have my personal Residence visa now. U get now for my experience in uae is not too bad because I got a 2000aed job within 2wks I came with tourist visa but problem started when the company folded because of mis management and the company Cancelled all his workers, I began again searching for a job before I decided to do my own personal Residence visa. So uae is not easy you will go for interview perform wonderfully well with good attested certificate, they will still take a Filipino or Indians that you might be better than, there by leaving us Africa to do all the labourer/ man power job, my guy I tell you the biggest job for an Africa here now is security which pay between 2000 - 3000aed and top security company is refusing to employ Nigerians now, is not easy I tell u but there are still Nigerians doing wonderfully well expecially in IT industry and medical line. So if u are coming lower ur expectation, work hard and pray.
wow

Thank you Bros!

I will kuku keep my money and prepare for security certification there.

Thank you again for sharing.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by RealityShot: 8:28pm On Apr 26, 2019
Woody2:

NONNYG PLS HELP UR BROTHER
go to dubbizle.com and start looking at job adverts in your area for carpenter or furniture maker.

Also try other websites like indeed.com, naukri.com, etc

Look for walk-in interviews

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by diara21(m): 8:34pm On Apr 26, 2019
manneger2:

Hmmm, thanks for this vital information. My question is this if one have his personal residence visa, does that mean that one is eluded from those menial jobs? And what are the benefit of having a personal residence visa compared to having a tourist visa for Job hunt. Kindly elucidate more on this. Thanks and God bless.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by solin: 8:38pm On Apr 26, 2019
Well said brother. Africans are not given a level playing ground here. It takes grace to get a job in the Finance/Accoujting role here. The Indians, Pakistani, and Filipinos are the most preferred applicants. The job hunt is now 30:70 for those seeking skilled role.
manneger2:

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by solin: 8:41pm On Apr 26, 2019
It's not a guarantee for jobs. Some mostly take up a personal residency to avoid visa change challenge every three months. While some is to move on to other countries.
diara21:

Hmmm, thanks for this vital information. My question is this if one have his personal residence visa, does that mean that one is eluded from those menial jobs? And what are the benefit of having a personal residence visa compared to having a tourist visa for Job hunt. Kindly elucidate more on this. Thanks and God bless.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by manneger2: 8:44pm On Apr 26, 2019
diara21:

It doesn't mean that you will land a good job but with personal visa u won't be in rush to accept any job because u are not on 3 months tourist visa, you will relax and find a good job for ur sef, you can still be doing part time job that occasionally come out, also if any company employs you, your salary will be higher than thier own workers, but at d same time it cost more than 3months visa. You can equally apply to other countries with your NOC if you have a good personal residence with big salary
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by diara21(m): 8:56pm On Apr 26, 2019
manneger2:

It doesn't mean that you will land a good job but with personal visa u won't be in rush to accept any job because u are not on 3 months tourist visa, you will relax and find a good job for ur sef, you can still be doing part time job that occasionally come out, also if any company employs you, your salary will be higher than thier own workers, but at d same time it cost more than 3months visa. You can equally apply to other countries with your NOC if you have a good personal residence with big salary
Thanks and God bless
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by RealityShot: 8:56pm On Apr 26, 2019
We will get there...
I can start a business here with the fund I am allocating to this trip, But I prefer to be a nobody in a foreign land than to continue to be Nobody in a lawless fatherland.
I dey kwom!

2 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by diara21(m): 8:56pm On Apr 26, 2019
solin:
It's not a guarantee for jobs. Some mostly take up a personal residency to avoid visa change challenge every three months. While some is to move on to other countries.
Thanks and God bless
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Claraola: 9:34pm On Apr 26, 2019
please I need you guys advice,I apply for 3month dubia visa the agent told me he will link me up with a sure work agent that will get job for, he said when I see the job the employer will help me convert my visa to two years, is that true I want you guys to advice me on it, I will be happy to hear from you guys
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Investmentfreak: 9:38pm On Apr 26, 2019
RealityShot:
We will get there...

I can start a business here with the fund I am allocating to this trip,
But I prefer to be a nobody in a foreign land than to continue to be
Nobody in a lawless fatherland.

I dey kwom!

Once there’s menial jobs
Aside it ,travel is experience ..•
Grabs my kettle and joins the queue

I de kwom too grin grin

2 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by mrversatile: 10:20pm On Apr 26, 2019
Good day house, I got a two weeks visa for a holiday trip to UAE in November 2018. I left UAE after a week through the Abu Dhabi Airport which was the same airport I came in through. Sometime last week the agent called me to ask if my passport was stamped when I exited and I told him I submitted my passport but it wasn't stamped. He asked for my flight itinerary which I sent including my boarding pass. But he's saying that on their system that I have not left the country and that I would have to pay a heavy fine. I'm quite confused. I'd be glad if anyone can proffer solution to this issue. Thanks.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Nobody: 6:25am On Apr 27, 2019
NIGHTLIFE100:
I see your reasoning but what happen to Canada Federal Skilled Worker Program? Skilled worker is the most suitable and reasonable for your claimed qualification...A professional should never think of visit visa to job hunt in any country, I sense desperation and sorry if my Choice of words don’t go well with you but I doubt your claim anyway, best of luck in whatever

You are very correct... I really do agree with you. Why not get an international job from Nigeria here and move(the company normally will sponsor your flight,visa and accommodation) than leaving a job of 500k for uncertainty! Nigerians! I fear una!! sad

3 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by buka35(m): 8:41am On Apr 27, 2019
True that your employer will process your 2years working visa, but just verify the authenticity of the Job agents, the job, and the salary before making any monetary commitments.
Most agents in dubai are FRAUDS...90%
Stay safe. ✌

Claraola:
please I need you guys advice,I apply for 3month dubia visa the agent told me he will link me up with a sure work agent that will get job for, he said when I see the job the employer will help me convert my visa to two years, is that true I want you guys to advice me on it, I will be happy to hear from you guys
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by buka35(m): 8:47am On Apr 27, 2019
How come you knew
Your line of trade I guess.

Ibrofem:
SO THAT YOU CAN PUT WEED OR COCAINE INSIDE And send the picker to prison abii!!! Issorite

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by nnamdi16(m): 12:18pm On Apr 27, 2019
LeRoyACCA:

@ NIGHTLIFE100

Great Advice. However, I'm sure this is based on your personal experience. I have had guys with similar qualifications and experience making more than twice my salary here in Nigeria, move-on to another country and made it big. Though, not UAE.

I might still risk it-moving to UAE. 'll never do housekeeping jobs. Worst case scenario, I'll return back to Nija

Many thanks again for your contribution.

Rgds

Just to chip in a little advise, why not ask for leave from your current work place and then use that opportunity to travel down to uae to do your own survey and possibly hunt for job and if you eventually land a job, you'll proceed from there and if not at least you get to see how things works and you still have your job to return to.

my 1 cent

5 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by mrversatile: 3:11pm On Apr 27, 2019
mrversatile:
Good day house, I got a two weeks visa for a holiday trip to UAE in November 2018. I left UAE after a week through the Abu Dhabi Airport which was the same airport I came in through. Sometime last week the agent called me to ask if my passport was stamped when I exited and I told him I submitted my passport but it wasn't stamped. He asked for my flight itinerary which I sent including my boarding pass. But he's saying that on their system that I have not left the country and that I would have to pay a heavy fine. I'm quite confused. I'd be glad if anyone can proffer solution to this issue. Thanks.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by LeRoyACCA: 3:39pm On Apr 27, 2019
nnamdi16:

Just to chip in a little advise, why not ask for leave from your current work place and then use that opportunity to travel down to uae to do your own survey and possibly hunt for job and if you eventually land a job, you'll proceed from there and if not at least you get to see how things works and you still have your job to return to.

my 1 cent

Many thanks for your contribution.

I have just three weeks leave in a year which from all indications can't really be sufficient.

BR
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by nnamdi16(m): 4:11pm On Apr 27, 2019
LeRoyACCA:

Many thanks for your contribution.

I have just three weeks leave in a year which from all indications can't really be sufficient.

BR

Then move over to canada thread if there's any and start making plans for such country, uae has no future for foreigners and with 500k/month you can make good plan to move over to canada for skilled job/visa and of course you can raise your family over there. Just think about it
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 4:17pm On Apr 27, 2019
nnamdi16:

Then move over to canada thread if there's any and start making plans for such country, uae has no future for foreigners and with 500k/month you can make good plan to move over to canada for skilled job/visa and of course you can raise your family over there. Just think about it
Just beats me why hes not considering Europe or North America with all his certification and degrees. He wants to go to UAE where an Indian/Paki with school cert will be picked ten times over him

The mind boggles.

4 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 27, 2019
MUMU

buka35:
How come you knew
Your line of trade I guess.

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by LeRoyACCA: 7:22pm On Apr 27, 2019
nnamdi16:

Good advise nnamdi16.

I have actually thought of the Canadian Skilled Immigrant via Express Entry. One of my professional body-ACCA has an MOU with the Canadian Accounting body (CPA & CGA).All one need do is to write an online Canadian tax and law exams and you'll be giving the certifications. Many of my x colleagues have gone using this route.

In a similar vein, ACCA also has an MOU with the Chartered Accounting body in UAE. We ACCA members don't need to write any exams to become a member. I actually wanted to leverage on this and also the tax-free salary in Dubai comparable to Canada or any other western nation.

Thanks again for your input. Will factor this into my plan.

BR
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by LeRoyACCA: 7:29pm On Apr 27, 2019
ifyalways:

Just beats me why hes not considering Europe or North America with all his certification and degrees. He wants to go to UAE where an Indian/Paki with school cert will be picked ten times over him

The mind boggles.

Thanks ifyalways.

I have also seen many European or North American with great CPA/CA/ACCA, CFA, and top MBA moved to Dubai.

You shouldn't be astonished.

BR
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by nitrogen(m): 7:51pm On Apr 27, 2019
LeRoyACCA:

Thanks ifyalways.

I have also seen many European or North American with great CPA/CA/ACCA, CFA, and top MBA moved to Dubai.

You shouldn't be astonished.

BR

Obviously, you don't get it. There is one thing those guys have, that you don't have yet, well respected and regarded passports.

You are only looking at short term benefits, tax savings etc. Wake up, come up with a strategy, and tow a better path.

Mind you, some of us have the holy grail cert for finance professionals, and we are in Dubai (doing very well by God's grace), but the problem is UAE won't give me citizenship in exchange for my years of staying and working there, I can only get tax free salaries. Be wise!

Except you are not a Nigerian/an African.

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by mrversatile: 7:55pm On Apr 27, 2019
mrversatile:
Can someone please help out on this.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by samee72(f): 8:39pm On Apr 27, 2019
mrversatile:

Your case is quite tricky, same thing happened to me on one of my trips to Dubai but in my case, the system showed I exited but my passport was not stamped, so since your agent said the system is showing you are still in the country I really don't know what to say other than you should try and clear the fine cos the longer it stays the more the fine will be accumulating and you won't be allowed to enter the country again except you pay the fine.
I keep telling people pls whenever you are leaving any country pls check to be sure that you've been cleared and stamped out
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by solin: 8:44pm On Apr 27, 2019
Tell him to send you a screenshot of the information.
mrversatile:
Can someone please help out on this.

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 9:36pm On Apr 27, 2019
solin:
Tell him to send you a screenshot of the information.
Yeah. . .

Seems like the agent want to chop him. You probably exited through a smart gate.scan and send your arrival Naija stamp, your boarding pass and/or tickets to your agent. If he still disturbs you contact UAE immigration directly , you can even chat with them, give them your passport details and name and they will give you the true situation

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (473) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.