Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,469 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 - Travel (242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 (819561 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (473) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by phemmzy96: 12:50am On Jun 26, 2019
Good morning everyone.
I have plans on moving to the UAE.
Please I would appreciate your advice on the various skills one can acquire before traveling.
Which are the skills or profession in high demand in UAE
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by mavinjay1(m): 9:40am On Jun 26, 2019
phemmzy96:
Good morning everyone.
Please I would appreciate your advice on the various skills one can acquire before traveling.
READ FROM PAGE ONE TO THIS PAGE....

2 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by ayorins(m): 11:01am On Jun 26, 2019
seunlaww:
I remembered reading this thread from beginning to the end asking questions up and down, searching Google for info and uae job website before I embarked on my journey. The truth is I had a job in Nigeria, it wasn't big but at least it was paying the bills. The risk of traveling , losing the job and not able to get a job before the expiry of the 3 months visa gave me a lot of headache and reason to dig deep before taking the step.

So after gathering enough info, I draw up my plan, I have a professional job and that's the job I'm going to hunt for.

I entered Dubai on Monday, got a bedspace for 50k , different kind of people in that 6 bonk room but I was surprised cos I've read about that before. I'm not a big talker so I was just on my own pressing phone and checking job site and applying. I was observing the other guys and listening to different stories and experiences. I wasn't surprised still cos most of the issues people had has been discussed, advised for or against on this thread.
I noticed
1. People do like 5 different type of CV ranging from general helper, cleaner, security,Watchman househelp etc. People don't really have plans or know what they're going to do or how to go about it. So when they enter they just follow them do whatever they're doing.

2. People move in pack/group to search for jobs together.
3.people share links and email address of employers and bombard them with CV. Like who does that? You don't know who their village people follow enter Dubai that will kobalize your own destiny, go in group and they'll tell them to drop CV but go alone and you might get an instant interview.

4.people rely on their Nigerian agent/landlords/friends to get them jobs. 97% of those guys are fraudstars with their WhatsApp job message. Some will even say come with your bag and start immediately grin

5. People cook,eat flex and take pictures like they're really having the best time of their lives. One thing is sure in my bedspace and that's food. The gas don't rest. Contributed 7aed for gas and within a week the gas has finished meanwhile I didn't boil ordinary water o. They asked me for another money and I change it for them like e ti ya were, ounje yen Loma pa yin.

6. Lot of scam and scam stories. People get job only to be paid and released after a month or two months when visa is about to kalas.

I had two options, go out and get the job or use a real agent (yes they exist )
I printed my CV, lectrical technician.I went out for 2 days, spent 107aed on transport, one interview (900 aed salary with over time, I walked away)

I Submitted enough CV online. I have account on all the job site I know and keep sending mail. I got just two response online , the second one called me and once he knew I was Nigerian, he said no no no and dropped the call.
Then it downed on me that Naija ti cast. Only few want to hire us.

I was getting low on cash cos of feeding too. So I decided if I see a legit agent im ready to deal. One guy I met at the restaurant took me to one agent office, a registered company and a very big office setup.i said to myself that Even if I'm getting scammed at least it will be professionally as jejely paid 100 aed registration fee.

Few days later I was called for interview, I passed, the second day the agent took me to another agent that has the link,collected agent money ,that one took me to the company, the HR said they've stopped employing Nigerians that too much trouble but the man pleaded on my behalf.so I did another interview, passed and was offered a job.free food, laundry, transportation, accommodation and WiFi.

Atimes The stress of the job, insult, living in free zone area and coping with the Indians and Pakistani still makes me think if this country is really worth it but I managed to forget it when I remember I'll collect salary on 26.

The truth is You can enter uae with 500k BTA and blow everything and still not get a job, your greatest enemy are your fellow black guys, everyone now is an agent who wants your money.

The truth is Nigeria has been blacklisted by most of the employers except you have a skill they need and God's grace. If you're coming to search for cleaning jobs, househelp,helper and co, I urge you to rethink what you can actually do with that money in Nigeria cos even if you get the job and you go home in 2 years, people won't believe you went to Dubai cos the hardwork will tell on your body..

I don't know about working with certificate cos I didn't meet anyone who does, I had mine on the CV but noone gave a Bleep. Na giant electrical drawing they gave me to explain.

But what I know is If you're a professional and e sure for you, you will find a job and if you get the body for security or bouncer you will also get a job or continental chef
WORD OF ADVICE

I won't say come or no come to UAE but Please before you enter this country, don't rush, make your findings and have a solid plan A and B. Don't pay for visa until you're sure of what you're coming to do. It's not about lemme get there and find job, know what you're coming to do. That's the best thing you can do for yourself

Lemme stop here it's too long already grin[left][/left]
Please no one should ask me for the agent as I have flashed my phone so I lost the number and the address. Thank you

talking about the security/bouncer job, is it through agents? and also do you know any other requirements for this apart from the body and height?
thank you
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Holla3110(m): 3:51am On Jun 27, 2019
1. Even if you don't have your Nigeria certificate, you can replace it with a professional course in UAE.
2. It has been answered above.
3. You can state your B.A on your CV, when asked during or after interview, tell them the situation surrounding your certificate and please let your new certificate obtained in UAE be your primary qualification.
4. Check job sites and see the jobs that are of high demands, you can get a professional course on them if you have the resources to do that

pwettyolly:
Hello, good evening everyone please I need an honest opinion from both gurus and new people, I intend to travel to Dubai in search of a professional job, or even online,
Now my issues are
1.i study abroad (B.A), but due to some issues ( financial, I haven’t gotten my certificate yet.
2. Is it possible to get a professional job without my certificate.
3. Can I do some professional courses to fill in the gap of the certificate, while still stating the certificate in my c.v
4. I am a communication major (advertising and P.R) what sort of professional courses are advisable for me, for the time being thank you all
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Holla3110(m): 4:04am On Jun 27, 2019
* Go to 22A,(22nd Floor),
Silva Towers, Jumeirah Lake Towers Metro station
Dubai UAE.
* Once you get down from the metro, take a taxi and it will only cost you 15drms or thereabout.
* Go with your expired passport and pay them 190drms.
* Get a receipt and take with your passport to Nigeria Embassy in Abu Dhabi to get your face captured and biometrics.
* There you pay 300drms and expect your renewed passport ready in 3-4 weeks.
* And don't forget to go Nigeria embassy with 4 passport photographs.

tyslimmie:
Please who has an idea about passport renewal in UAE. I heard I have to pay somewhere in dubai before proceeding to Abu Dhabi for biometrics but I don't know where to make the payment.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by phemmzy96: 7:23am On Jun 27, 2019
Good morning everyone.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by centoqoh(m): 5:32pm On Jun 27, 2019
Pls guys I need guide here.

I saw d link on page one on channels to apply (as per DIY)

But one of the criteria I see on that website (http://www.dubaivisa.net) reads:

"Emirates or Fly Dubai Airline confirmed ticket"

1. Does this mean I have to book d flight and pay?

Also, d only contact I have in Dubai says he doesn't have the time or know d procedure for applying for me.

2 How do I get a hotel to apply for me?
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jun 27, 2019
centoqoh:

Becareful oooooo, don't pay on that website ooooo, runnnnn.

Also, d only contact I have in Dubai says he doesn't have the time or know d procedure for applying for me.

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by luckygirl02(f): 3:55pm On Jun 28, 2019
If you are in the UAE and looking for Job, try download mourjan from google playstore. Place an advert that you are looking for job, write nice things about yourself and your skills. You will surely get called from potential employers.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Sicilyjoe: 4:03pm On Jun 28, 2019
Holla3110:
* Go to 22A,(22nd Floor),
Silva Towers, Jumeirah Lake Towers Metro station
Dubai UAE.
* Once you get down from the metro, take a taxi and it will only cost you 15drms or thereabout.
* Go with your expired passport and pay them 190drms.
* Get a receipt and take with your passport to Nigeria Embassy in Abu Dhabi to get your face captured and biometrics.
* There you pay 300drms and expect your renewed passport ready in 3-4 weeks.
* And don't forget to go Nigeria embassy with 4 passport photographs.

50k for passport renewal, why must he pay at Dubai 20k first and later to Abu Dhabi 30k ?
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by umarabubakar303: 1:19am On Jun 29, 2019
Good day everyone I have been following this trend since day one,i am an ND holder in Ict(information and communication technology) is it possible for me to get a job in Dubai related to my field?? Using my Nigeria diploma cert?
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by centoqoh(m): 6:54am On Jun 29, 2019
Pls guys, I'm a still waiting for response.

centoqoh:

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 29, 2019
centoqoh:

be carefullll ok n dont make any payment on the website ok i mean any cc or debit card details
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by nnamdi16(m): 10:05am On Jun 29, 2019
centoqoh:

when it comes to uae visa, you have to get an agent who's in uae to process the visa. So contact those u can trust in uae
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Dchoice(f): 10:39am On Jun 29, 2019
Please help a sister...am in need of a job here in UAE,please help a sister

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Egwuleke(m): 2:21pm On Jun 29, 2019
pls house how much is 3months visa now and what can someone budget for relocation purpose?
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by centoqoh(m): 2:50pm On Jun 29, 2019
Well, what it means is that one still needs an agent las las. But I thought many have said it's possible to DO IT YOURSELF? (DIY)

Also, is police character certificate still needed? What's d cost pls.
nnamdi16:

when it comes to uae visa, you have to get an agent who's in uae to process the visa. So contact those u can trust in uae
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by RealityShot: 2:57pm On Jun 29, 2019
Egwuleke:
pls house how much is 3months visa now and what can someone budget for relocation purpose?
visa ~ 200k
relocation sum ~ N1m

na who to trust for visa be wahala

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by glowingflame7: 4:58pm On Jun 29, 2019
centoqoh:
Well, what it means is that one still needs an agent las las. But I thought many have said it's possible to DO IT YOURSELF? (DIY)

Also, is police character certificate still needed? What's d cost pls.

PCC not needed for now.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by glowingflame7: 5:00pm On Jun 29, 2019
Egwuleke:

Relocation for what purpose? It's a broad question. Some people want to relocate to find work, some to school, some to do business, some with family.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by EphraimBoat: 6:21pm On Jun 29, 2019
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by centoqoh(m): 10:21pm On Jun 29, 2019
glowingflame7:

PCC not needed for now.

Thanks a lot.

#20k saved! grin
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 1:14am On Jun 30, 2019
PCC for N20k? Like are you joking?

If you go in person, it's N5k or less.

If you choose to use someone, it still can't cost more than 10k.

centoqoh:

Thanks a lot.

#20k saved! grin
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by centoqoh(m): 6:54am On Jun 30, 2019
catchdwind4rmkd:
PCC for N20k? Like are you joking?

If you go in person, it's N5k or less.

If you choose to use someone, it still can't cost more than 10k.

It's d latest one that includes biometrics capturing (like national ID or voter's card)
Not the paper one that i's written.

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by RealityShot: 7:11am On Jun 30, 2019
centoqoh:

It's d latest one that includes biometrics capturing (like national ID or voter's card)
Not the paper one that i's written.
and why do you want to do that?
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by RealityShot: 9:35am On Jun 30, 2019
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by luckygirl02(f): 10:42am On Jun 30, 2019
EphraimBoat:
Who else has had delay in getting their UAE 3-months visa. I mean like 2-3 weeks delay.

Is this normal?
Sometimes the visa has been approved but maybe the agency has issues printing out the visa. So use this link to see if actually there is a visa on your passport.

https://echannels.moi.gov.ae/echannels/web/client/guest/index.html#/dashboard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by luckygirl02(f): 10:45am On Jun 30, 2019
Dchoice:
Please help a sister...am in need of a job here in UAE,please help a sister
Have you tried mourjan?

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (473) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.