Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,440 members, 7,954,741 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:17 AM

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 - Travel (264) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 (857018 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (473) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 16, 2019
charlesELIKIBA:

I
point of entry (dubai airport)
okay thanks.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by charlesELIKIBA: 12:55pm On Aug 16, 2019
IMustWin:
okay thanks.
yw
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by proeast(m): 8:27pm On Aug 16, 2019
murphybo:

If you using Access bank you can check the travel section on the App for visa price and check wakanow.com for ticket price, booking.com for hotels then do the sum,
No, I don't operate Access bank account. I was hoping to get detailed information here since it's a Dubai thread.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Successnoah(m): 8:11am On Aug 17, 2019
Abeg our broda's in dubai post job here now
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by NONNYG: 8:39am On Aug 17, 2019
All the best

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Maymai: 3:43pm On Aug 18, 2019
Hello everyone. Just joined this forum

My husband amd I are trying to establish travel history for my sister in law. She has never travelled out. We thought we should try to start with Dubai.

We want to go for a brief one week vacation and for her to meet us there. We are covering all her expenses.

Which visa should we do:

14-Day Visa (short-term visit, single entry): This non-extendable visa is valid for a 14-day stay from the date of issue.

30-Day Visa (short-term visit, single entry): This non-extendable visa is valid for a 30-day stay.

We're based in Canada and she will be returning to Nigeria to her kids after the vacation. She will not be looking for work ir anything there.

Any advice please. How can we ensure she gets approved. She doesn't have much money and is a school teacher. But has been employed as a teacher for over 10 yeard. She isn't traveling with her children.

Also, does she need a letter from her husband granting permission to travel? They sre separated and haven't spoken in years.

Also, on dubaivisa.net, it says

Criteria II: Financial records

Security Deposit equivalent to USD 1550 (Refundable upon return and after producing the entry and exit stamp in UAE). The security amount is payable in Naira equivalent.

Does that just mean we need to put that amount in her account? Or what does that mean?

Please your advice is needed and would be much appreciated

Thanks
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by oluayebenz: 4:49pm On Aug 18, 2019
Maymai:
Hello everyone. Just joined this forum

My husband amd I are trying to establish travel history for my sister in law. She has never travelled out. We thought we should try to start with Dubai.

We want to go for a brief one week vacation and for her to meet us there. We are covering all her expenses.

Which visa should we do:

14-Day Visa (short-term visit, single entry): This non-extendable visa is valid for a 14-day stay from the date of issue.

30-Day Visa (short-term visit, single entry): This non-extendable visa is valid for a 30-day stay.

We're based in Canada and she will be returning to Nigeria to her kids after the vacation. She will not be looking for work ir anything there.

Any advice please. How can we ensure she gets approved. She doesn't have much money and is a school teacher. But has been employed as a teacher for over 10 yeard. She isn't traveling with her children.

Also, does she need a letter from her husband granting permission to travel? They sre separated and haven't spoken in years.

Also, on dubaivisa.net, it says

Criteria II: Financial records

Security Deposit equivalent to USD 1550 (Refundable upon return and after producing the entry and exit stamp in UAE). The security amount is payable in Naira equivalent.

Does that just mean we need to put that amount in her account? Or what does that mean?

Please your advice is needed and would be much appreciated

Thanks

Your sister needs nothing to show......
She can apply for 14 days visit visa through wakanow, emirate airline, access bank etc......

No account details or financial status needed.......

14 days visa is cheap. Send her the visa money, she should apply from Nigeria. 14 days visa is around 50k plus or less....

Note: If the aim is to get travel history and later put in application for Canada. UAE visa dont actually count as travel history to USA, Canada, UK and some schengen zone.

3 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Maymai: 5:37pm On Aug 18, 2019
oluayebenz:

Your sister needs nothing to show......
She can apply for 14 days visit visa through wakanow, emirate airline, access bank etc......

No account details or financial status needed.......

14 days visa is cheap. Send her the visa money, she should apply from Nigeria. 14 days visa is around 50k plus or less....

Note: If the aim is to get travel history and later put in application for Canada. UAE visa dont actually count as travel history to USA, Canada, UK and some schengen zone.

Is flying via Emirates airline a must? I don't know what you mean by wakanow and access. Will have to Google

Why doesn't Dubai count as travel history? If that's the case, any ideas? Thank you. I appreciate

Thank for answering the other questions.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 18, 2019
If UAE does not count as travel history for US, EU , Schengen, UK which country now counts? Hmmm
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Maymai: 5:50pm On Aug 18, 2019
oduzbaba89:
If UAE does not count as travel history for US, EU , Schengen, UK which country now counts? Hmmm

I don't understand that eithet

I also checked and 14 day visa is listed as around 30k not 50k
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by oluayebenz: 11:10pm On Aug 18, 2019
Maymai:

Is flying via Emirates airline a must? I don't know what you mean by wakanow and access. Will have to Google

Why doesn't Dubai count as travel history? If that's the case, any ideas? Thank you. I appreciate

Thank for answering the other questions.

Yes she can get the total package from Emirates airline
2weeks visa plus air ticket. The visa is less than 50k thou I dont know the actual figure but not 30k.

Wakanow is a registered and very strong travel agent in nigeria.(ticketing, hotels and visas)

Access bank now offer vacation package which you can apply for UAE visa through them.

I knw a quite numbers of people that travel to Dubai last year for the aim of travel history, when returned and applied for USA visa, their Dubai visa sticker is nothing, some applied to Canadian embassy, they were still denied, travel history was tick in their refusal letter.
If you can read peoples transcripts on USA visit visa threads you will understand better.

3 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by oluayebenz: 11:24pm On Aug 18, 2019
oduzbaba89:

With good profile all those countries overlook travel history but in a situation where you are trying to build travel history cos of weak profile, UAE visa stamp wont count.......

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Maymai: 1:08am On Aug 19, 2019
oluayebenz:

2weeks visa plus air ticket. The visa is less than 50k thou I dont know the actual figure but not 30k.

Wakanow is a registered and very strong travel agent in nigeria.(ticketing, hotels and visas)

Access bank now offer vacation package which you can apply for UAE visa through them.

I knw a quite numbers of people that travel to Dubai last year for the aim of travel history, when returned and applied for USA visa, their Dubai visa sticker is nothing, some applied to Canadian embassy, they were still denied, travel history was tick in their refusal letter.
If you can read peoples transcripts on USA visit visa threads you will understand better.

Thank you for explaining. You cleared up a lot.

We won't apply to Canada immediately after Dubai. Will try Turkey then Schengen and build her business and financial profile before applying. Over the next 12 months

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Maymai: 1:50am On Aug 19, 2019
oluayebenz:

I just checked and the price used to be 47k but has now been reduced to 38k. Thank you.

Will study the requirements and check for prices
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 19, 2019
U kill it bro! Thanks for explanation[quo2te author=oluayebenz post=81382145]

With good profile all those countries overlook travel history but in a situation where you are trying to build travel history cos of weak profile, UAE visa stamp wont count.......[/quote]

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by NIGHTLIFE100: 11:20am On Aug 19, 2019
Word of advice!!!

Keep your passport wherever you’re.... I’m on vacation here in Nigeria and my passport was stolen, the process of getting a new one is hell... Again keep your passport

4 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by curiobling: 12:59pm On Aug 19, 2019
charlesELIKIBA:

bro give those boys on the weighing scale 2k and enjoy your flight
see how you clear my worry with your sharp reasoning. u digg bro
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by curiobling: 1:00pm On Aug 19, 2019
tojahh:

If you no get money to pay. Put the luggage with a courier service while you fly to Abuja to go welcome it. Hopefully all will be well.
my final thought before today
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by davodyguy: 2:16pm On Aug 19, 2019
Maymai:

I just checked and the price used to be 47k but has now been reduced to 38k. Thank you.

Will study the requirements and check for prices
One of the reasons you should pick Emirates is because they are the only airline that flies directly to Dubai without Stopover in any other country. It is also safe but may be expensive.

You can also apply for 14days Visa if you have a zenith bank account with access to online details

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by davodyguy: 2:18pm On Aug 19, 2019
charlesELIKIBA:

bro give those boys on the weighing scale 2k and enjoy your flight
Chai, how i wish Oyinbo can be bribed. My Emirates flight to Auckland is restricted to 25Kg and you can't bribe Oyinbo
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Maymai: 2:36pm On Aug 19, 2019
davodyguy:

One of the reasons you should pick Emirates is because they are the only airline that flies directly to Dubai without Stopover in any other country. It is also safe but may be expensive.

You can also apply for 14days Visa if you have a zenith bank account with access to online details

This is true. Seems they will guarantee the visa for the right pricd

Will be worth it if it can help to establish my in law's travel history

Thank you
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by davodyguy: 3:28pm On Aug 19, 2019
Maymai:

This is true. Seems they will guarantee the visa for the right pricd

Will be worth it if it can help to establish my in law's travel history

Thank you
It's good. and you can also try Simgapore after UAE.

We are going for a conference in Auckland, but some of my colleagues were denied Visa on virgin passports.

If they had even been to SA or UAE, it would have been better.

If she can do both countries within the next 6 months, getting UK, US and Canada may not be difficult

2 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Maymai: 4:15pm On Aug 19, 2019
davodyguy:

It's good. and you can also try Simgapore after UAE.

We are going for a conference in Auckland, but some of my colleagues were denied Visa on virgin passports.

If they had even been to SA or UAE, it would have been better.

If she can do both countries within the next 6 months, getting UK, US and Canada may not be difficult

SA as in South Africa? Yes. We want to do UAE this year and then SA or maybe Kenya early next year.

If Singapore is easy, might try that as well

I was hoping to apply the normal way and not use Emirates or Wakanow. Still hoping she can be approved for UAE Visa without Emirates as using Ethihad would be more cost efficient for us since my hubby's friend can get us discounts with them.

Will explore the UAE Visa via Emirates vs applying on our own for it.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by davodyguy: 5:53pm On Aug 19, 2019
Maymai:

SA as in South Africa? Yes. We want to do UAE this year and then SA or maybe Kenya early next year.

I was hoping to apply the normal way and not use Emirates or Wakanow. Still hoping she can be approved for UAE Visa without Emirates as using Ethihad would be more cost efficient for us since my hubby's friend can get us discounts with them.

Thank you
It's practically same thing.

Check the prices.

I'll send you a link for Emirates shortly...
I applied through them. Mine is a Transit and I'm paying ₦3800
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by davodyguy: 6:43pm On Aug 19, 2019
Maymai:

Thank you
Check out this link http://dubaivisa.net/nigeria/duration14days.html
You must travel with Emirates

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Maymai: 9:36pm On Aug 19, 2019
davodyguy:

It's practically same thing.

Check the prices.

I'll send you a link for Emirates shortly...
I applied through them. Mine is a Transit and I'm paying ₦3800

She's married (though separated from her husband) and has kids who will not accompany her. We would like for her to meet us there. We are sponsoring the whole thing and meeting her there with our kids. I read that for certain Dubai visas you can't apply if you travel alone. There's so much info, don't know what's what's real and fake

If we use Ethihad, we can save over $400 USD since my hubby's friend work with their parent company.

Thank you for providing the link
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Maymai: 9:40pm On Aug 19, 2019
davodyguy:

Check out this link http://dubaivisa.net/nigeria/duration14days.html
You must travel with Emirates

Thank you

We are trying to establish travel history. So the passport will not contsin any visa, but she will receive an email visa that she has to present at airports in nigeria and uae?

Thank you. If I don't want to use Emirates, do I apply for the 30 day visit visa or the 14 day one. And she has to go live in person to the embassy in Abuja?
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by davodyguy: 10:10pm On Aug 19, 2019
Maymai:

Thank you

We are trying to establish travel history. So the passport will not contsin any visa, but she will receive an email visa that she has to present at airports in nigeria and uae?

Thank you. If I don't want to use Emirates, do I apply for the 30 day visit visa or the 14 day one. And she has to go live in person to the embassy in Abuja?

My first visit to UAE(Dubai) is through an agent. There are many of them that facilitate Electronic Visa for you on a paper. You present it to immigration officers in Nigeria and Airline to allow her board, them when you get to UAE, they'll stamp passport for entry. When departing, same thing.

The link I sent to, try to enquire if they can do it if the passenger can use another Airline and still get visa through them.

Engage them first.

I'm going to Auckland, but I'm flying Emirates from Lagos.

The flight cost is about ₦1,500,000 direct but I deliberately broke the ticket as Lagos DXB Lagos and then Dubai-Auckland-Dubai so save some ₦100s of thousands. Hence, Emirates airline would give me 48 hours transit visas, so I can exist the airport to go to Deira or Dubai Marina to shop.

Open the link and engage them first

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by davodyguy: 10:14pm On Aug 19, 2019
Maymai:

She's married (though separated from her husband) and has kids who will not accompany her. We would like for her to meet us there. We are sponsoring the whole thing and meeting her there with our kids. I read that for certain Dubai visas you can't apply if you travel alone. There's so much info, don't know what's what's real and fake

If we use Ethihad, we can save over $400 USD since my hubby's friend work with their parent company.

Thank you for providing the link
My Wife can travel alone and most of the 'runs girls' do travel alone.

Myself and my wife traveled in 2017 the hotel needed to be sure that we're actually married and she's not a girlfriend. Luckily, she's pregnant then and they saw the bump.

She can get visa alone and travel alone
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Maymai: 4:13am On Aug 20, 2019
davodyguy:

My Wife can travel alone and most of the 'runs girls' do travel alone.

Myself and my wife traveled in 2017 the hotel needed to be sure that we're actually married and she's not a girlfriend. Luckily, she's pregnant then and they saw the bump.

She can get visa alone and travel alone

LOL. Ok. Good
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Maymai: 4:22am On Aug 20, 2019
davodyguy:

My first visit to UAE(Dubai) is through an agent. There are many of them that facilitate Electronic Visa for you on a paper. You present it to immigration officers in Nigeria and Airline to allow her board, them when you get to UAE, they'll stamp passport for entry. When departing, same thing.

The link I sent to, try to enquire if they can do it if the passenger can use another Airline and still get visa through them.

Engage them first.

I'm going to Auckland, but I'm flying Emirates from Lagos.

The flight cost is about ₦1,500,000 direct but I deliberately broke the ticket as Lagos DXB Lagos and then Dubai-Auckland-Dubai so save some ₦100s of thousands. Hence, Emirates airline would give me 48 hours transit visas, so I can exist the airport to go to Deira or Dubai Marina to shop.

Open the link and engage them first

I clicked the link, thank you. Is it advisable to go for the 14 day visa or the 30 day one? I would prefer the 30 day one but if the 14 day ine if it improves her chances of approval I'll do it. I will call and make enquiries. Becuase I don't understand the $1550 security deposit aspect. Who is that payable to? The airline I guess. If we do the online one on emirates site, do we still need to provide supporting financial records (6months bank statement) or just the deposit?

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (473) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.