Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,973 members, 7,814,307 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand (184175 Views)

Ondo State's Sunshine Travels: 8 Things You Should Know (Photos) / Any One In New Zealand And Living There / New Zealand Adds Prostitution To List Of Employment Skills For Immigrants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (54) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 3:08pm On Aug 06, 2019
hammed71:
Please guys how many months to expiry can one renew a passport
6 months
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 4:27pm On Aug 06, 2019
Hello femijck and ugsams

They just refused that colleague that I thought was going to get his visa today

We understand that you intend to attend the 11th ICVPME International Valuation
Conference held in New Zealand. However, you have not provided sufficient evidence to
demonstrate your line of work is related to the theme of the convention and you have not
provided adequate evidence to support your purpose of travel to New Zealand.

? You have not provided sufficient evidence to demonstrate strong employment or financial
commitments in your home country

Because of these concerns, your application for a visitor visa has been declined.

We have considered if requiring a bond or granting a limited visa would lessen our concerns or if
there are any special circumstances to justify an exception to immigration instructions, but can find
no reason for any of these.
I've told him not to bother reapplying, owing to the 2nd refusal of another colleague.

For now, it's still 3 of us and we are hopeful for at least 2-3 others
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 4:49pm On Aug 06, 2019
femijck and ugsams

Back to my own matter(Since ugsams refused to assist)

I have decided on the following

Tourism
Join the Auckland Explorer Bus is the city’s original hop on hop off sightseeing tour to explore Auckland’s top attractions. Cost is 45$

Flight
Eventually went for Emirates Airline
Lagos- Dxb- Auckland-Dxb- Lagos. Total cost is about N1.1m

Airport to Hotel
I contacted SkyBus who gave me the online ticket purchase Total:$34.00 NZD for a return Journey to Hotel and back to Airport on departure

Communication on the Go
SkyBus is trying to sell Vodafone Travel SIM NZ Travel Lite with 200 mins + 200 TXTs to 16 countries and 30 Day Chat Pass for $29
It comes with 1.5g for 30 days.
Though Wifi is available in the hotel and also at conference venue.
[img]https://www.skybus.co.nz/uploads/ticket-packages/ticket-pkg-VODASIM-1_5GB.png[/img]

Please what do you guys think about the Vodacom sim plan?

Thanks
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 9:14pm On Aug 06, 2019
davodyguy:
Hello femijck and ugsams

They just refused that colleague that I thought was going to get his visa today

I've told him not to bother reapplying, owing to the 2nd refusal of another colleague.

For now, it's still 3 of us and we are hopeful for at least 2-3 others
Sorry about that mate......Yea no point reapplying for now..... I would be quite surprised if he had gotten an approval with such little paper work. ... I’m sure the application failed the 2pc check ... which is the second person check.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 9:19pm On Aug 06, 2019
davodyguy:
femijck and ugsams

Back to my own matter(Since ugsams refused to assist)

I have decided on the following

Tourism
Join the Auckland Explorer Bus is the city’s original hop on hop off sightseeing tour to explore Auckland’s top attractions. Cost is 45$

Flight
Eventually went for Emirates Airline
Lagos- Dxb- Auckland-Dxb- Lagos. Total cost is about N1.1m

Airport to Hotel
I contacted SkyBus who gave me the online ticket purchase Total:$34.00 NZD for a return Journey to Hotel and back to Airport on departure

Communication on the Go
SkyBus is trying to sell Vodafone Travel SIM NZ Travel Lite with 200 mins + 200 TXTs to 16 countries and 30 Day Chat Pass for $29
It comes with 1.5g for 30 days.
Though Wifi is available in the hotel and also at conference venue.
[img]https://www.skybus.co.nz/uploads/ticket-packages/ticket-pkg-VODASIM-1_5GB.png[/img]

Please what do you guys think about the Vodacom sim plan?

Thanks

The Vodafone package seems good... however u can just buy a sim for less than $5 and pop it in your phone...the Vodafone lite is a complete phone or just sim?

I will also give u list of some places U can visit in Auckland.... the hop bus is just a double decker bus that will drive you through the Auckland CBD. But u can always book Uber to go out on your own.... it’s not add to navigate Auckland... it’s not really a big city
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 10:22pm On Aug 06, 2019
femijck:

The Vodafone package seems good... however u can just buy a sim for less than $5 and pop it in your phone...the Vodafone lite is a complete phone or just sim?

I will also give u some places I can visit in Auckland.... the hop bus is just a double decker bus that will drive you through the Auckland CBD. But u can always book Uber to go out on your own.... it’s not add to navigate Auckland... it’s not really a big city
Thanks bro.

Vodafone is just a sim card that would be picked up at international airport on arrival and inserted into my phone from Nigeria.

Please which other network provider makes sense.
My two lines would be roamed automatically, but I need only data to check mails or make WhatsApp calls when I'm not in the room or conference venue.

Thirdly, I wouldn't mind where I can shop. One may one to buy one or two things like clothes, footwears etc as a souvenir for people back home. If you can link me, I'll appreciate
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 7:41pm On Aug 07, 2019
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 9:15pm On Aug 07, 2019
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 9:21pm On Aug 07, 2019
davodyguy:

Thanks bro.

Vodafone is just a sim card that would be picked up at international airport on arrival and inserted into my phone from Nigeria.

Please which other network provider makes sense.
My two lines would be roamed automatically, but I need only data to check mails or make WhatsApp calls when I'm not in the room or conference venue.

Thirdly, I wouldn't mind where I can shop. One may one to buy one or two things like clothes, footwears etc as a souvenir for people back home. If you can link me, I'll appreciate
you can buy skinny sim from any local tech shop around ur hotel. Pop it in and $16 sub will give u 200 min, 200 text and 1.25G valid for 30 days(must be 4G phone though).
U can always use a visitor pass at any Auckland library where there is free wifi and free computers to use. Major train station have wifi so u won’t really need a lot of data.

For cloths and stuff .... there’s a mall not far from your venue (Westfield in St Luke’s ) and another one in New markets. Also if u would like to look at cars, most of their outlets are in New Market not far from your venue.... u can shop around.... Kmart and Thewarehouse are probably the cheapest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 10:22pm On Aug 07, 2019
femijck:
you can buy skinny sim from any local tech shop around ur hotel. Pop it in and $16 sub will give u 200 min, 200 text and 1.25G valid for 30 days(must be 4G phone though).
U can always use a visitor pass at any Auckland library where there is free wifi and free computers to use. Major train station have wifi so u won’t really need a lot of data.

For cloths and stuff .... there’s a mall not far from your venue (Westfield in St Luke’s ) and another one in New markets. Also if u would like to look at cars, most of their outlets are in New Market not far from your venue.... u can shop around.... Kmart and Thewarehouse are probably the cheapest
Thanks so much bro.
Will surely bookmark this.
Similar, is there any hyper market near Symonds and Wakefield streets to shop for food?

I mean, buy chilly, vegetables, tomatoes, grilled chicken, tin tomatoes, raw meat, seasoning, vegetable oil, plantain etc for me to cook in my apartment. I can't take burger and other spicy foods for health reasons and would have to do my cooking with some of my colleagues.

Luckily my flight would arrive 10:00am. Hence, we can do shopping on Sunday and do cooking that can last till the end of Friday
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 10:38pm On Aug 07, 2019
There's a Kmart close to us

St Lukes St Lukes Shopping Centre, 72 St Lukes Road, St Lukes, Mount Albert, Auckland 1025, New Zealand

The Warehouse Group as well
21 Elliott St, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 11:00pm On Aug 07, 2019
davodyguy:
There's a Kmart close to us

St Lukes St Lukes Shopping Centre, 72 St Lukes Road, St Lukes, Mount Albert, Auckland 1025, New Zealand

The Warehouse Group as well
21 Elliott St, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Westfield is a big mall with several stores ... you can check ‘Count down’ for your meat and vegetables. U won’t find plantain.... but other heaps of Veges. But Pak ‘n’ Save is the cheapest grocery store.... there’s one in Mount Albert as well.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 11:49pm On Aug 07, 2019
femijck:

Westfield is a big mall with several stores ... you can check ‘Count down’ for your meat and vegetables. U won’t find plantain.... but other heaps of Veges. But Pak ‘n’ Save is the cheapest grocery store.... there’s one in Mount Albert as well.
You're really ọmọ onílù

Pack n save
1167-1177 New North Rd, Mount Albert, Auckland 1025, New Zealand
Lots positive reviews
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 11:10am On Aug 08, 2019
Femi.

Be like say, na Visa season I dey, as visa just dey rush me.

Just granted today 9/8/19 my Australian Visa for 3 days multiple entry

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 12:01pm On Aug 08, 2019
davodyguy:
Femi.

Be like say, na Visa season I dey, as visa just dey rush me.

Just granted today 9/8/19 my Australian Visa for 3 days multiple entry
congrats bro... enjoy your travel
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 1:39pm On Aug 15, 2019
Like play like play, we are now 6

6 people on board to say Kia Ora, Thanks for stopping by

Myself plus 5 other colleagues. Two more people were granted this morning.

It remains two more awaiting response

Auckland here we come

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 9:53pm On Aug 15, 2019
davodyguy:
Like play like play, we are now 6

6 people on board to say Kia Ora, Thanks for stopping by

Myself plus 5 other colleagues. Two more people were granted this morning.

It remains two more awaiting response

Auckland here we come

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 10:00pm On Aug 15, 2019
femijck:

hahahahahaa

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 11:24am On Aug 16, 2019
Another Visa grant this morning

My colleague who was denied earlier in June, reapplied in July and got her visa Today

Now 7
2 more to go

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by bucade11: 3:18pm On Aug 20, 2019
Good day, @femijck... pls I need your help! I got admission for a PhD program @ Lincoln and I applied for visa on 24th July, case officer sent mail on 14th August that I should supply my subject thesis which I did the same day. I received declined mail this morning. The case officer said I didn’t prove the relationship between me and my sponsor( different surname) and he’s not convinced if I’ll have access to the fund.
Pls what can I do? I paid first year tuition
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 2:07am On Aug 21, 2019
bucade11:
Good day, @femijck... pls I need your help! I got admission for a PhD program @ Lincoln and I applied for visa on 24th July, case officer sent mail on 14th August that I should supply my subject thesis which I did the same day. I received declined mail this morning. The case officer said I didn’t prove the relationship between me and my sponsor( different surname) and he’s not convinced if I’ll have access to the fund.
Pls what can I do? I paid first year tuition
reason for denial seems to be a bit tough. What’s your relationship with the sponsor and what evidence did you submit to backup your claim since you don’t have the same family name?. These might give us a bit of explanation to INZ decision.

I wish u had come here to ask same questions before submitting your application.

Regards
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by bucade11: 8:25am On Aug 21, 2019
reason for denial seems to be a bit tough. What’s your relationship with the sponsor and what evidence did you submit to backup your claim since you don’t have the same family name?. These might give us a bit of explanation to INZ decision.

I wish u had come here to ask same questions before submitting your application.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by bucade11: 8:29am On Aug 21, 2019
Pls help me so that I can proceed....[quote author=bucade11 post=81454920][/quote]
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by bucade11: 8:32am On Aug 21, 2019
My sponsor is my maternal uncle and we don’t bear the same surname. He asked if he can transfer 8-10m into my account and he’ll explain it that it’s meant for my upkeep. ( he was the one that paid for my tuition)
femijck:

Regards
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 9:01am On Aug 21, 2019
bucade11:
My sponsor is my maternal uncle and we don’t bear the same surname. He asked if he can transfer 8-10m into my account and he’ll explain it that it’s meant for my upkeep. ( he was the one that paid for my tuition)

U can take down the uploaded page for safety reasons I’ve seen it.

1. Money lodgement
2. No link between your sponsor and the provided business account and evidence of him owning the business.
3. How did a business account that was established in January with a minimal balance was able to accumulate over a million dollars in 8months.
4. No proof of your relationship with the sponsor ... This could be your mum and your sponsor birth certificate which shows they have same name, evidence of her name changed due to marriage and how you relate to the both of them. Just to sustain your claim that he is your uncle and not just a random person.
5. You probably didn’t highlight the relevance of your study to your sponsor’s personal life or business. What does he stands to gain from sponsoring your with his business fund.

I’m sorry your application was declined but according to this letter from INZ, there’s more than enough reasons to decline the application. Sponsoring becomes harder when u and your sponsor are not directly related. The burden of proof is on you mate.

Every applicant usually have several reasons why they should be granted visa, but case officers are only looking for a single reason to deny the application. But unfortunately your case officer found more than one reason in this case

Lastly;
Your sponsor transferring huge some of money to you won’t change anything at this stage. That’s called money lodgement and it’s an express ground for refusal. I bet you don’t want multiple declined application as it might but a dent on your record for other future applications
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 9:03am On Aug 21, 2019
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by bucade11: 11:22am On Aug 21, 2019
Thanks for your analysis, I have learnt a lot.... but with the situation of things, should I order for refund and forget about it or there’s a way out of this? I have his birth certificate and my mum birthday certificate. I’m not working for my uncle, I’m a research scientist with a national research Institute. He’s just sponsoring me due to relationship he shared with my mum. ( I provided my six month pay slip)
femijck:

U can take down the uploaded page for safety reasons I’ve seen it.

1. Money lodgement
2. No link between your sponsor and the provided business account and evidence of him owning the business.
3. How did a business account that was established in January with a minimal balance was able to accumulate over a million dollars in 8months.
4. No proof of your relationship with the sponsor ... This could be your mum and your sponsor birth certificate which shows they have same name, evidence of her name changed due to marriage and how you relate to the both of them. Just to sustain your claim that he is your uncle and not just a random person.
5. You probably didn’t highlight the relevance of your study to your sponsor’s personal life or business. What does he stands to gain from sponsoring your with his business fund.

I’m sorry your application was declined but according to this letter from INZ, there’s more than enough reasons to decline the application. Sponsoring becomes harder when u and your sponsor is not directly related. The burden of proof is on you mate.

Every applicant usually have several reasons why they should be granted visa, but case officers are only looking for a single reason to deny the application. But unfortunately your case officer found more than one reason in this case

Lastly;
Your sponsor transferring huge some of money to you won’t change anything at this stage. That’s called money lodgement and it’s an express ground for refusal. I bet you don’t want multiple declined application as it might but a dent on your record for other future applications
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 11:27am On Aug 21, 2019
I found this info and I thought might be helpful in future for anyone considering to use a sponsor.

SPONSOR
For those considering the use of sponsor, be aware that there are very few circumstances in which it may be considerable for an adult applicant to use a sponsor, such sponsor may be a Spouse (especially for Family Reunion) or Parents/Guidians (especially for Education or for medical reasons) etc. But if you are considering the use of a Company’s account, that would be unacceptable (even if you own the company). For a company’s sponsorship to be acceptable, you would need to be applying for a training or a course, or a seminar etc that would be deemed profitable to your company in order to satisfy the visa officer of the purpose otherwise, it would be judged that the money in the company’s account is not available for your use: unless your company is offering you a complimentary vacation under its care.
And as an adult, you are supposed to be financially independent to meet the requirement for a tourist or pleasure visa; for example, you can’t be sponsored by anyone if your intended travel is for the purpose of tourism or romance rather than official or compelling family visit (no sponsor’s bank account can cover you except in compelling limited circumstances whereby it is deemed reasonable for his sponsorship to be considered).

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 11:32am On Aug 21, 2019
bucade11:
Thanks for your analysis, I have learnt a lot.... but with the situation of things, should I order for refund and forget about it or there’s a way out of this? I have his birth certificate and my mum birthday certificate. I’m not working for my uncle, I’m a research scientist with a national research Institute. He’s just sponsoring me due to relationship he shared with my mum. ( I provided my six month pay slip)
Honestly your chance of getting a different result if you reapply is so little.... I will advise u decide what’s best for you based on the information provided.

Cheers
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by bucade11: 11:38am On Aug 21, 2019
Thanks for your honest verdicts... I will ask for my refund.
femijck:

Honestly your chance of getting a different result if you reapply is so little.... I will advise u decide what’s best for you based on the information provided.

Cheers
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 1:41am On Aug 22, 2019
bucade11:
Thanks for your honest verdicts... I will ask for my refund.
No worries brother..... send me a PM. If your uncle is willing to temporarily release some fund to you, then u can do something different.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (54) (Reply)

U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here / Adventure In Ireland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.