Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 - Travel (309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 (819739 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (473) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Sicilyjoe: 4:49pm On Jan 25, 2020
uchman:

This guy self!
Your savage no be here

Yeah very fucking expensive country, just to barb ur hair 2k to shave 1k, call and data that one na story for another day
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by NONNYG: 4:56pm On Jan 25, 2020
Sicilyjoe:

Yeah very fucking expensive country, just to barb ur hair 2k to shave 1k, call and data that one na story for another day
Point of correction; UAE use dirham not Naira, you barb hair 20aed in UAE.

Do you use to barb hair 20naira in Nigeria?

Naira is weak, so put the blame on 9ja economy not UAE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by NONNYG: 5:14pm On Jan 25, 2020
AED to GHC

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Sicilyjoe: 6:34pm On Jan 25, 2020
NONNYG:
Point of correction; UAE use dirham not Naira, you barb hair 20aed in UAE.

Do you use to barb hair 20naira in Nigeria?

Naira is weak, so put the blame on 9ja economy not UAE

I know what am saying 2k is equivalent of 20dhs,that's means to barb hair in uae u pay 2k , I mean ordinary barbing saloon not the big ones

U always like to attack anyone that says the truth about dubai, chill no be only u dey dubai, so u expect those that received 1000dhs in dubai to receive 1k in naija as salary

5 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by olamzyy(m): 6:50pm On Jan 25, 2020
NONNYG:
Like seriously?

I visit nairaland mostly when I'm at work

UAE is tough but I will never discourage anyone from coming before they will tag me enemy of progress.

If you must come; you need to have plan A - Z.

Don't say when you get to the bridge you will cross it; that's not applicable here.

#Peace
Abeg help me tell am o...
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by lahify(m): 6:52pm On Jan 25, 2020
odalonu12:

Thanks alot.
you are welcome,
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by NONNYG: 6:58pm On Jan 25, 2020
Sicilyjoe:

I know what am saying 2k is equivalent of 20dhs,that's means to barb hair in uae u pay 2k , I mean ordinary barbing saloon not the big ones

U always like to attack anyone that says the truth about dubai, chill no be only u dey dubai, so u expect those that received 1000dhs in dubai to receive 1k in naija as salary
Lol, I'm not attacking anyone, I'm also saying the truth cos i say things the way they are, nairaland helped me when I was about traveling to Dubai and ever since I came here, I've been giving back to people on nairaland.

Don't get yourself confused, you don't have to convert Dirham to naira when you're spending the money in UAE. Well I don't know how else I can explain this to you

#OneLove

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Sicilyjoe: 7:05pm On Jan 25, 2020
NONNYG:
Lol, I'm not attacking anyone, I'm also saying the truth cos i say things the way they are, nairaland helped me when I was about traveling to Dubai and ever since I came here, I've been giving back to people on nairaland.

Don't get yourself confused, you don't have to convert Dirham to naira when you're spending the money in UAE. Well I don't know how else I can explain this to you

#OneLove

No is a must to check naira when spending and buying things in dubai because without that u may spend all ur earnings in dubai without sending anything down to naija

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by glowingflame7: 7:12pm On Jan 25, 2020
This silicy guy must have suffered a lot in Dubai. Pele bros, you always have very negative things to say. Forgive Dubai, let go and move on. It will be well. 15/20dirham is not too much na. You know they pay a lot for rent. No be container with standing fan oh. Even in Nigeria, there are places you cut hair for 1500naira if not more. In amelica, one my person become personal barber straight. He started 'barbing' fadán, I think say he don belong grin to ogbologbo. He explained that it's expensive because in Nigeria his customer cut 150naira. So, you can buy clipper 20 to 30dirhams and give yourself nice haircut bros. Police will not arrest you or deport you hopefully.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Sicilyjoe: 10:12pm On Jan 25, 2020
Don't waste ur money coming to dubai, 90 out of 100 will regret it

2 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by manneger2: 10:40pm On Jan 25, 2020
Sicilyjoe:

Bro UAE use dirhams not naira, so stop converting to naira when u are in uae, exchange rate is just what is making it look big
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Sicilyjoe: 10:44pm On Jan 25, 2020
manneger2:

Bro UAE use dirhams not naira, so stop converting to naira when u are in uae, exchange rate is just what is making it look big

Meaning what, even if u are in America u must convert to know when u over spend, maybe ur type will use all ur money to Bleep ashawo over there

3 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by drkay(m): 11:55am On Jan 26, 2020
One thing is, everyone agrees that UAE is no longer what it used to be in the past but I think what some people here are portaying UAE to be(as a No go area) might probably be because they fell into wrong hands when they came in or not following the proper way to do things. Someone who's still on the street hunting for job once told me that the online platform never worked for her so she believed in 'connection' in uae undecided when I told her to try and apply to at least 100 openings/companies per day, she literally said that it's not possible. Well, some of us did that.
I'll advice whoever wishes to come here to have holistic preparation as ppl have been advising here: Have a specific Hustle plus backups(A-Z), Financial back up, Patience, and other things. And Pls don't undermine the power of prayers and spiritual fortification wink

3 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by odalonu12: 1:57pm On Jan 26, 2020
drkay:
One thing is, everyone agrees that UAE is no longer what it used to be in the past but I think what some people here are portaying UAE to be(as a No go area) might probably be because they fell into wrong hands when they came in or not following the proper way to do things. Someone who's still on the street hunting for job once told me that the online platform never worked for her so she believed in 'connection' in uae undecided when I told her to try and apply to at least 100 openings/companies per day, she literally said that it's not possible. Well, some of us did that.
I'll advice whoever wishes to come here to have holistic preparation as ppl have been advising here: Have a specific Hustle plus backups(A-Z), Financial back up, Patience, and other things. And Pls don't undermine the power of prayers and spiritual fortification wink
My A - Z plan is this
1) apply for jobs per minutes online
2)waka for legs to summit cv
3) in that process pay for certification course like Autocad
4)if after 3 months no job, renew it again
5)continue same process
6)do more courses
7)but God will not allow me to spend so long to secure a job.
How much is shared accomadtion in a month.
Is there anything am missing out. Pls advice
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by drkay(m): 4:45pm On Jan 26, 2020
odalonu12:

My A - Z plan is this
5)continue same process
6)do more courses

For effective job hunting, you'll need a laptop, be ready to resume with HRs at 8am and you will keep refreshing the pages of the popular job sites till 4pm. You'll need to apply for new openings on the popular job sites: indeed.ae, uae.dubizzle.com, laimon.com, naukrigulf, 1dubaijob. etc. indeed.ae will sometimes direct you to some less popular job sites and also to the career page of some companies. Be patient and ensure that you apply diligently. Target the multinationals, chains and group of companies more.
You only need to visit places where they are conducting openday/walk in interviews. You can barely submit 20 CVs physically per day and most of them will end up in the bins but you can submit as much as 100 or more everyday online.
Honestly I don't know anything about autocad but pls chose your hustle wisely. Find out about skills that can get you job faster.
I don't think you'll have such luxury of time to be doing more courses unless you've planned it very well before coming. I did something similar, I wrote HAAD licensing exam(my own plan B) when I didn't get any viable job in Dubai, which I was holding its license as a tourist.
Bed space can be in the range of 400-1000 depending on location, neatness, available facilities and population.
Be positive about your goals and pls don't put all your eggs in one basket, be sure to leave something reasonable back home in naija, in case things don't go well as planned.
As for people who have acused those encouraging fellow hustlers to come and try their luck in UAE of being Visa agents, some of us were encouraged by what we read on this thread before coming and we are good for it today.

4 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by olamzyy(m): 4:46pm On Jan 26, 2020
odalonu12:

My A - Z plan is this
5)continue same process
6)do more courses

God will provide a better job on time boss.
An averagely good bed space will cost you 500.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by olamzyy(m): 4:48pm On Jan 26, 2020
drkay:

For effective job hunting, you'll need a laptop, be ready to resume with HRs at 8am and you will keep refreshing the pages of the popular job sites till 4pm. You'll need to apply for new openings on the popular job sites: indeed.ae, uae.dubizzle.com, laimon.com, naukrigulf, 1dubaijob. etc. indeed.ae will sometimes direct you to some less popular job sites and also to the career page of some companies. Be patient and ensure that you apply diligently. Target the multinationals, chains and group of companies more.
You only need to visit places where they are conducting openday/walk in interviews. You can barely submit 20 CVs physically per day and most of them will end up in the bins but you can submit as much as 100 or more everyday online.
Honestly I don't know anything about autocad but pls chose your hustle wisely. Find out about skills that can get you job faster.
I don't think you'll have such luxury of time to be doing more courses unless you've planned it very well before coming. I did something similar, I wrote HAAD licensing exam(my own plan B) when I didn't get any viable job in Dubai, which I was holding its license as a tourist.
Bed space can be in the range of 400-1000 depending on location, neatness, available facilities and population.
Be positive about your goals and pls don't put all your eggs in one basket, be sure to leave something reasonable back home in naija, in case things don't go well as planned.
As for people who have acused those encouraging fellow hustlers to come and try their luck in UAE of being Visa agents, some of us were encouraged by what we read on this thread before coming and we are good for it today.
Good one bro,

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by glowingflame7: 5:22pm On Jan 26, 2020
drkay:

I can't say it better.

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by odalonu12: 5:37pm On Jan 26, 2020
drkay:

Thanks bro, Autocad is a professional training program that are used to design building, like drawing house plan, or machine, it's a computer aided software.
If u know it, u can work as a draftsman, or Interrior designer. That's what it's all about.
I already got 2 email inviting me for an interview, but I couldn't attend since am still in Nigeria.
Can u tell me which other professional course that I do to get job faster?
Pls how do I know the multinational companies.
Does it mean I cannot Waka enter any company to ask if there is vacancy and Sumit my cv?
Pls reply
Pls advice me on it to I make plans. I intend Coming in by March
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by adrenaline02: 6:56pm On Jan 26, 2020
let's help each other out by putting out job vacancies when there is.
Been a while we read from europe4sure and the likes, hope they are doing great. where is nattybanta?
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by odalonu12: 7:00pm On Jan 26, 2020
adrenaline02:
let's help each other out by putting out job vacancies when there is.
Been a while we read from europe4sure and the likes, hope they are doing great. where is nattybanta?
Yes ooo, am waiting for a reply in my last messages from the gurus
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by drmikeadams(m): 7:58pm On Jan 26, 2020
grin grin grin which one person go believe..

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by drmikeadams(m): 8:01pm On Jan 26, 2020
grin grin weeing we go believe

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by drmikeadams(m): 8:02pm On Jan 26, 2020
grin grin

1 Share

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by glowingflame7: 8:11pm On Jan 26, 2020
Nothing new or that has not been said here already na. But your income is tax free though. Also labour laws make sure you are paid monthly. Owing months of salary is mostly past tense, except maybe people with old Emirates ID, like 2years ago. New Emirates ID have bank account or exchange account that salary must reflect every month except the company want to pay huge fine.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by glowingflame7: 9:01pm On Jan 26, 2020
This is the regular pattern. If you have no skill, speak Arabic, or speak Hindi. If not, favour is not likely to favour you. You just join the statistics of the unprepared unemployable.

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by odalonu12: 9:32pm On Jan 26, 2020
drkay:

Thanks bro, Autocad is a professional training program that are used to design building, like drawing house plan, or machine, it's a computer aided software.
If u know it, u can work as a draftsman, or Interrior designer. That's what it's all about.
I already got 2 email inviting me for an interview, but I couldn't attend since am still in Nigeria.
Does it mean I cannot Waka enter any company to ask if there is vacancy and Sumit my cv?
Pls reply
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by esefrancis: 11:57pm On Jan 26, 2020
Please I have my flight on Wednesday. And I haven’t authenticated my result . I am an Nd holder and I live far from abj. Is it that I can’t get a job if I don’t authenticate my result?
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by drkay(m): 1:48am On Jan 27, 2020
odalonu12:

Yes ooo, am waiting for a reply in my last messages from the gurus
Chief, theres no guru here in UAE, we're all expatriates. And pls be guided, you can't get all the info that you need anywhere until you come down and pay your dues too. People literally withhold information for monetary gains, especially the street guys and job agents. Some don't even know what's going on inside the country.
I read all those negative reviews up there, I've probably seen worse myself. People still get stranded in al nahda park sharjah, baniyas square dubai and ajman bus station every day. People walk aimlessly around these parks too. In all these and many other cases, it is a Nigerian like ourselves or worse still, that person they called their friend/brother that puts them in such difficult situation. Who are the job agents? Most of the security job scams thrive because Nigerian guys collude with the fake arbabs to scam their fellow country men. How does that concern UAE govt? At a time, I needed to be calling the HR department of the hospitals/clinics directly for any possible recruitment. This was in addition to sending emails. Most of them use the land lines and it's free when you call them from another land line. In my flat, the guy in charge of our wifi land line specifically told me that he can only grant me that access for 100 dirhams per month. This favour cost him nothing but he chose to charge me for it, of course I had no choice as i knew what i wanted.
Of many other benefits in the west, illegal immigrants thrive well with some later getting PR and passport through marriage and other means, here in UAE, e no de possible and it's one of the things that don't favour unskilled migrants here, not only Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by drkay(m): 2:15am On Jan 27, 2020
odalonu12:

Pls reply

Thank you for educating me on autocad. However, I don't know anything about that industry and can't offer any advice on professional courses you can do and all that. I work with HSE folks and they are relatively getting good pay. I don't know how competitive it is to get jobs in that field now. People in town can advice you on that.
Of course you fit waka enter any company except the ones in the free zone areas. Nobody will harass you here bro. Few of them would even offer you a seat and water while you wait for the HR to come out to give you lamba grin. It's an option but its costly as you need to print the CV, transport yourself and you wont cover much before you get exhausted.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (473) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.