Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,224 members, 7,829,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 - Travel (341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 (825936 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (473) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by skoles001(m): 11:25am On Mar 23, 2020
osadestiny:

That’s nice please share with us how life is actually right there , with the pandemic we are having on ground. How are things going over there?

Man dy Jobhunt, u dy ask am pandemic question...Ogbeni free am jor undecided
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by osadestiny: 11:53am On Mar 23, 2020
skoles001:

Man dy Jobhunt, u dy ask am pandemic question...Ogbeni free am jor undecided

The pandemic still affect everything na, that’s the reason we wanted to know how things actually is.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by CowbellY: 7:37am On Mar 24, 2020
Morning guys.

My friend travelled to Dubai for 3 weeks on a one month visa. He's supposed to come back to Naija on the 30th but as we all know, airports have been closed.

What can he do now ? . The airline has already cancelled his flight, his visa is expiring and he clearly doesn't want to default.

Any suggestions please.

Thanks.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Nobody: 7:45am On Mar 24, 2020
He can extend is visa inside,there is a provision for that. I think say cos of the virus.

CowbellY:
Morning guys.

My friend travelled to Dubai for 3 weeks on a one month visa. He's supposed to come back to Naija on the 30th but as we all know, airports have been closed.

What can he do now ? . The airline has already cancelled his flight, his visa is expiring and he clearly doesn't want to default.

Any suggestions please.

Thanks.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by NIGHTLIFE100: 7:45am On Mar 24, 2020
CowbellY:
Morning guys.

Any suggestions please.

Thanks.
government has announced that such people are allowed to continue their stay legally until travel ban is lifted

2 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by CowbellY: 7:55am On Mar 24, 2020
NIGHTLIFE100:
government has announced that such people are allowed to continue their stay legally until travel ban is lifted

Really ? Can you please share such announcement. He's been trying to reach the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affair but I think there's been some language/understanding issue.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by CowbellY: 7:56am On Mar 24, 2020
hayzed89:
He can extend is visa inside,there is a provision for that. I think say cos of the virus.

How do you do that
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by NONNYG: 9:10am On Mar 24, 2020
Good news

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by osadestiny: 10:23am On Mar 24, 2020
Yeah that’s very true they have no option but to stay in the uae for the main time because of the pandemic, it’s legal as it has been approved by uae immigrations.

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by centoqoh(m): 12:51pm On Mar 24, 2020
CowbellY:
Morning guys.

Any suggestions please.

Thanks.

See wahala o! So if the person runs out of money and stuff... he'll just b sleeping and waking up!
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by osadestiny: 1:19pm On Mar 24, 2020
centoqoh:

See wahala o! So if the person runs out of money and stuff... he'll just b sleeping and waking up!

I just tire o, only God knows when all of these will end.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by CowbellY: 1:35pm On Mar 24, 2020
centoqoh:

Sleep where sef ?. If your hotel booking finish, dem go pursue you out na. And money no dey hand again.

Man pikin tire. Make all these end make person dey go back house abeg.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by glowingflame7: 2:02pm On Mar 24, 2020
CowbellY:
Morning guys.

Any suggestions please.

Thanks.

Eeyah, but your friend should have rescheduled flight and left on Saturday and Sunday when everyone was rushing out. Let's hope he doesn't get stranded, because even people with 2years visa are getting stranded at the moment. Let's be positive and hope sha.

2 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by CowbellY: 3:00pm On Mar 24, 2020
glowingflame7:

Eeyah, but your friend should have rescheduled flight and left on Saturday and Sunday when everyone was rushing out. Let's hope he doesn't get stranded, because even people with 2years visa are getting stranded at the moment. Let's be positive and hope sha.

He was at the airport. They asked him to bring 7000AED for a first class ticket as economy was fully booked. You think its easy ? And anyone would choose to be deliberately stranded ?
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by osadestiny: 3:42pm On Mar 24, 2020
CowbellY:

He was at the airport. They asked him to bring 7000AED for a first class ticket as economy was fully booked. You think its easy ? And anyone would choose to be deliberately stranded ?

Omo nor be small thing o, so right now what are you suggesting to his situation right now?
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by sicily4u: 4:25pm On Mar 24, 2020
CowbellY:

That's about 700k in naira, as naija don shut the airport where them go land if he manage to bring the money ?
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Nobody: 5:16pm On Mar 24, 2020
sicily4u:

That's about 700k in naira, as naija don shut the airport where them go land if he manage to bring the money ?
Which naija? My boss enter yesterday from UK with her family. Just imagine

2 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by osadestiny: 5:44pm On Mar 24, 2020
xule20:

Hahaha i think I also got that same information that they are going to shut down Lagos and Abuja international airport.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by fizcoo20(m): 5:48pm On Mar 24, 2020
xule20:

Really. We learnt dey have shut down d airport since midnite Tuesday.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by fizcoo20(m): 5:49pm On Mar 24, 2020
xule20:

Really. We learnt dey have shut down d airport since midnite Monday .

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 24, 2020
osadestiny:

Hahaha i think I also got that same information that they are going to shut down Lagos and Abuja international airport.
fizcoo20:

Really. We learnt dey have shut down d airport since midnite Tuesday.
We're never proactive bro...
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Rexnegro(m): 1:30am On Mar 25, 2020
glowingflame7:

Rape victims do report and go public sha. If you are talking UAE enquiries, let's stay factual not one sided or biased. There's the good, the bad and the ugly in UAE and that has been well emphasised. To state that only visa agents and those doing accommodation business have testimonies in UAE is an exaggeration.
Also, nothing wrong legally making money or opportunity in any part of the world, including UAE. The subtle attempt to demonize such people is wrong. It is clearly stated on the forum that accommodation is very expensive in the UAE especially Dubai. All nationality/expat do survival of the fittest in that area. As usual, there are people who live large and in palatial conditions too,from all nationalities. And they are not necessarily criminals too.
Many accommodation have some form of discrimination and will plainly tell you no Nigerian or no Africans allowed. Kabayan only etc. Even some, you yourself will rather not live there because everything and everyone is just totally different from you. This problem has presented opportunity to some. Someone, a Nigerian or African like you will look for big money, even with your money, some property will tell you no space. Only Indians allowed etc. So you look for money, sometimes have to pay 6months or 3months, sign agreements, have cheque book, commit your Emirates ID, furnish the place, pay municipality, property agent, deposit and some other fees, furnish the place, put microwave, fridge, WiFi, settle Dewa, buy mattresses etc. After these, they invited you to come pay for bedspace, then you are feeling cheated? Talk is cheap oga.
And for visa agents, I'll say it is a legal business opportunity too. You cannot get a visa without a sponsor. That's from the government, that's their style. Your sponsor is like your guarantor, your referee. It's a law that applies to all nationalities except countries with visa on arrival option like Americans. If you are a Nigerian, you choose your visa agent. Your visa agent may be Etihad or Emirates or Zenith bank or Mr. Chidi or an Indian or Egyptian or philippino or whoever. Your agent is not there to lose, he's not Jesus who gave his life. Agents like your airlines and banks will have you drop around $1000 as guarantee before touching your file. If you have this and prefer this agent, good for you. The other option is Mr Chidi, and Mr. Musa and Mr. Tunde or Mr. Foreign visa agent. Anybody that will risk being your sponsor will also get ready for fines and punishment if you defaulted. Nothing illegal or demonic about it, it's business. If a Nigerian don't do it. Many other nationalities are ready and willing to do same. What we should decry is a thief, a fraud, someone that will collect over 1million and do 3months visa, someone that will collect money for visa and disappear. That's wrong in all levels.

Back to the matter, they are not the only one with testimonies. I have an uncle in the US who can't come home. He's not doing too well. I guess we all have someone like that too. The point made is that problem is not local. We have Nigerians making it all over the world, and vice versa. I know Nigerians in the UAE who don't do accommodation or visa work. I know Nigerians who are into business, importing and exporting, cargo business, lecturer, nurse, hotel and hospitality, food, oil and gas, event management, security, sales and marketing, accounting, driver, engineering, etc. I know some that live in hotel for months, I still know some that live from metro station to park benches. The summary of it is that proper preparation preceeds proper performance. And vice versa. You also need an element of luck or divine favour and tenacity many times. Without these, don't waste money coming. I once looked for work for 2years in Nigeria without finding. I'm sure there are many here with worse experience. It is not the end of the world or scam if you looked for work in a foreign country and didn't find. I found work within a month of being in the UAE. Others have found in a week. It doesn't always work like that. Some found near 4th month, some after visa changes, some didn't find. Different strokes for different folks.
you have said it all bro , thanks for taking your time to write these. are you still in UAE ? if how u doing? what's popping over there ? I'd like to chat a DM if you don't mind please. thanks
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by glowingflame7: 3:52am On Mar 25, 2020
Rexnegro:

you have said it all bro , thanks for taking your time to write these. are you still in UAE ? if how u doing? what's popping over there ? I'd like to chat a DM if you don't mind please. thanks

Go ahead, but it's better if we can all learn here and my bosses can also contribute.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by connectboi(m): 11:55pm On Mar 25, 2020
Thank God say my visa never come out wetin I go day chop if money finish for my hand ,only God knows when this weda na corolla or pencil light virus will come down

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by tydi(m): 7:52am On Mar 26, 2020
CowbellY:
Morning guys.

Any suggestions please.

Thanks.

I stay at al madam Sharjar incase your brother needs any help of any form, feeding, accodamtion he should call this number +97156 3505793

6 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Mzabikemi: 2:08pm On Mar 26, 2020
God bless you for this... yes! We still have kind hearted Nigerians you will go far sir!
tydi:

I stay at al madam Sharjar incase your brother needs any help of any form, feeding, accodamtion he should call this number +971 3505793
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by tydi(m): 2:15pm On Mar 26, 2020
Mzabikemi:
God bless you for this... yes! We still have kind hearted Nigerians you will go far sir!

Amen brother.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Visman(m): 5:55am On Mar 27, 2020
Mzabikemi:
Kind hearted Nigerians ko dubious hearted Pakistanis ni.
If the feeding and accommodation the guy mentioned to offer your brother here in UAE is free make coronavirus no catch Buhari

3 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Arisukuni: 8:54am On Mar 27, 2020
Visman:

If the feeding and accommodation the guy mentioned to offer your brother here in UAE is free make coronavirus no catch Buhari

Dont mind mzabikemi, she thought the assistance tydi mentioned is gonna be free that's why she is praising him.cheesygrin. @mzabikemi, my dear sister don't be deceived ooh na hin own business tydi dey do ooo. Thats why he even dropped his number. Apparently he cannot give feeding and accommodation for free na so one must pay for that bed space he has. grin. @tydi, my brother if you can prove us wrong by telling us publicly that the hospitality na free ooo. Lol.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by tydi(m): 9:05am On Mar 27, 2020
Arisukuni:

Dont mind mzabikemi, she thought the assistance tydi mentioned is gonna be free that's why she is praising him.cheesygrin. @mzabikemi, my dear sister don't be deceived ooh na hin own business tydi dey do ooo. Thats why he even dropped his number. Apparently he cannot give feeding and accommodation for free na so one must pay for that bed space he has. grin. @tydi, my brother if you can prove us wrong by telling us publicly that the hospitality na free ooo. Lol.

Cheers!

My brother, not all is out for your money or for any dubious act towards another. Though humans has been selfishly other than been altruistically, there are some still good people out there. TRULY I can't assure him 100per of his feeding but I can assure him 100per to accommodate him till he choose to look for a job or go back to Nigeria.. The choice is his.. I dropped my call/WhatsApp number so he could be able to reach me easily cus I don't know how reliable NL pm works.
And if your motive to quote me was to hold my words against me, you pass but know I can still decline but for humanity sake I could do it for anyone.. How my accommodation was made possible The company I work for gave us a well furnished self con and we're just two inside with a bed of 4space. Let me stop here.. The choice is his..
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Mzabikemi: 9:06am On Mar 27, 2020
Dont get me wrong it dosen't have to be free to be appreciated at least he reached out to him either hes paying or not. To be stranded is worse than that and yes you can make your point without adding sarcasm it dosen't suit you!
Visman:

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by drmikeadams(m): 9:09am On Mar 27, 2020
tydi:

My brother, not all is out for your money or for any dubious act towards another. Though humans has been selfishly other than been altruistically, there are some still good people out there. TRULY I can't assure him 100per of his feeding but I can assure him 100per to accommodate him till he choose to look for a job or go back to Nigeria.. The choice is his.. I dropped my call/WhatsApp number so he could be able to reach me easily cus I don't know how reliable NL pm works.
And if your motive to quote me was to hold my words against me, you pass but know I can still decline but for humanity sake I could do it for anyone.. How my accommodation was made possible The company I work for gave us a well furnished self con and we're just two inside with a bed of 4space. Let me stop here.. The choice is his..
. Even if na two days you decide to house a stranger ,,u don try already bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (473) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.