Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,545 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

The Travails Of Mature Single Men And Women. - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Travails Of Mature Single Men And Women. (34194 Views)

Excesses Of Mature Single Ladies / Single Men: Can You Date/marry This Lady?[Pic] / Mistakes We Single Men Should Stop Making. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Travails Of Mature Single Men And Women. by malonephill(m): 10:13am On May 12, 2018
Toks2008:

That is because the guys you refer to love GOD..they try to avoid immorality unlike many guys who claim they don't need marriage but will be getting down with random women...i call that foolishness and outright insanity.

The first instruction giving to man is that we multiply and be fruitful and we need to do that within the confines of marriage.

Any other way is sinful and unacceptable to GOD.
so if I feel I won't be comfortable been with one woman all my life and I still can't stay abstinence, how do I help the situation
Re: The Travails Of Mature Single Men And Women. by Toks2008(m): 10:15am On May 12, 2018
pocohantas:

Na me get all this one?
Chai!

Wettin you do that guy poco?

Re: The Travails Of Mature Single Men And Women. by Toks2008(m): 10:16am On May 12, 2018
malonephill:
so if I feel I won't be comfortable been with one woman all my life and I still can't stay abstinence, how do I help the situation

Marry 2 or more if you can..im not avast to polygamy if that is what any man wants but I just hate it when men sleep around..

1 Like

Re: The Travails Of Mature Single Men And Women. by STENON(f): 10:17am On May 12, 2018
Hmmmm... This marriage topic is a complicated issue. It is not easy for "WE" singles out there. Different men/ladies with their different patterns of cheating, but the joy of it is that, we'l surely be married one day and all the sad stories would add up to a happy, Joyful, and victorious home because it goes beyond been a christian or Prayer warrior, It is just a matter of goodluck
Re: The Travails Of Mature Single Men And Women. by Toks2008(m): 10:23am On May 12, 2018
STENON:
This marriage topic is a complicated issue. It is not easy for "WE" singles out there. Different men/ladies with their different patterns of cheating, but the joy of it is that, we'l surely be married one day and all the sad stories would add up to a happy, Joyful, and victorious home because it goes beyond been a christian or Prayer warrior, It is just a matter of goodluck

It's about the mindset...

The first victory comes for a lady the moment she decides that her marital happiness will never be hinged on her husband's faithfulness to her.

Any woman who still has that mindset that her husband must not cheat on her should refrain from marriage until she is ready for the reality that men are polygamous in nature....hard one I k ow but that is just how the cookie crumbles.
Re: The Travails Of Mature Single Men And Women. by STENON(f): 10:28am On May 12, 2018
Toks2008:

It's about the mindset...

The first victory comes for a lady the moment she decides that her marital happiness will never be hinged on her husband's faithfulness to her.

Any woman who still has that mindset that her husband must not cheat on her should refrain from marriage until she is ready for the reality that men are polygamous in nature....hard one I k ow but that is just how the cookie crumbles.
Hmmmm, I have heard you sir. But What is the essence of marriage without faithfulness?
Re: The Travails Of Mature Single Men And Women. by Celepope: 10:42am On May 12, 2018
Being in my 30s, I just realise the importance of marriage.Sometimes I do wake up in the middle of the night with the intent to talk over certain things that are troubling me but no one by my side to talk to.In my years in the US, I have had my fare share of girls.I have dated over 50 girls of different races.Not something to be proud of.Those talking about not wanting to get married i pity them.Perhaps they are just some pathetic E-warriors or they are still in their 20s.It gets to a stage in your life when reality hit you.Within the space of two hours,I just got two text messages from my exs, both telling me "you are getting old" after they saw the pix i used on my dp that I took 5 years ago.Anyways I will still keep my fingers crossed while still searching but I have told myself I will never go back to Nigeria to get married.God in heaven knows my heart desires and will surely grant me. angry.

1 Like

Re: The Travails Of Mature Single Men And Women. by Nobody: 10:52am On May 12, 2018
-
Re: The Travails Of Mature Single Men And Women. by Toks2008(m): 10:54am On May 12, 2018
STENON:
Hmmmm, I have heard you sir. But What is the essence of marriage without faithfulness?

There is more to it than seeking sexual faithfullness from the man..A man who decides to marry you really wants to be with you so focus on that point and be happy.

I am tired of ladies running out of their marriage over a man's infidelity just for them to end up as celibate,or a toy in the hands of randy guys or even as mistress of another married man..so i ask..what is the point leaving a cheating husband just to start living irresponsibly?

Some women will even go celibate for years whilst the man is busy enjoying himself with another woman...so i tell ladies..NEVER EVER LEAVE YOUR MARRIAGE FOR ANOTHER LADY..NEVER
Re: The Travails Of Mature Single Men And Women. by Toks2008(m): 10:57am On May 12, 2018
Celepope:
Being in my 30s, I just realise the importance of marriage.Sometimes I do wake up in the middle of the night with the intent to talk over certain things that are troubling me but no one by my side to talk to.In my years in the US, I have had my fare share of girls.I have dated over 50 girls of different races.Not something to be proud of.Those talking about not wanting to get married i pity them.Perhaps they are just some pathetic E-warriors or they are still in their 20s.It gets to a stage in your life when reality hit you.Within the space of two hours,I just got two text messages from my exs, both telling me "you are getting old" after they saw the pix i used on my dp that I took 5 years ago.Anyways I will still keep my fingers crossed while still searching but I have told myself I will never go back to Nigeria to get married.God in heaven knows my heart desires and will surely grant me. angry.

AMEN
Re: The Travails Of Mature Single Men And Women. by icybeth(m): 11:15am On May 12, 2018
MhizzAJ:

I'll walk away
I take out time to study any man before going close
marriage is not a game of walk in and walk out. Remember that the originator of marriage[GOD] takes it serious because,it is a vow taken b4 him. A broken relationship b4 marriage is better than a broken marriage.

1 Like

Re: The Travails Of Mature Single Men And Women. by Blonchilli(m): 11:32am On May 12, 2018
RuthDaniels:
[b]Societal rules are mostly the reasons why people get married these days, Most people in their last thirties are pressured by thoughts of "when will you get married "? "what will people say"? "All my younger ones are married, when will I?". All these thoughts have led people astray.

Left to me, I believe an individual shouldn't be pressured into marriage. Yes you are getting old, people are asking questions but if you think deep, you will realize that these people won't be in the marriage with you. They will also blame you, call you names if you marriage fails, so why listen to them in the first place?

That said, Not everyone we see is a potential spouse, Never base your relationship or marriage on attractions alone! Compatibility and friendship matters a lot. Because there comes a time in marriage mostly after ten years when the test comes. Then only compatibility ,commitment and friendship holds the marriage. Groom your relationship, build your courtship, know yourselves then walk down the aisle. it is better to be late than be late!
[/b]
Toks2008 if you like use the world's biggest stethoscope, borrow Superman's X-ray vision, make him/her your best friend it won't still guarantee that the marriage will work and you won't be abused in the marriage. I've seen best friends hate themselves and marriages that in the first 20 years the rest was one battle to another. No matter how careful you are it won't guarantee that the marriage will work. You can't just jump in either. You meet someone that not necessarily fit into what you want but has the same goals settle down with him/her. The mistake most ladies make when they're young and cross part with someone like that is they still want a fairytale wedding and big pocket and so they miss that person while guys turn that lady to a sex object. At the end they marry out of desperation and end up regretting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Travails Of Mature Single Men And Women. by Toks2008(m): 11:36am On May 12, 2018
Blonchilli:

if you like use the world's biggest stethoscope, borrow Superman's X-ray vision, make him/her your best friend it won't still guarantee that the marriage will work and you won't be abused in the marriage. I've seen best friends hate themselves and marriages that in the first 20 years the rest was one battle to another. No matter how careful you are it won't guarantee that the marriage will work. You can't just jump in either. You meet someone that not necessarily fit into what you want but has the same goals settle down with him/her. The mistake most ladies make when they're young and cross part with someone like that is they still want a fairytale wedding and big pocket and so they miss that person while guys turn that lady to a sex object. At the end they marry out of desperation and end up regretting

Gbam!

2 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Mature Single Men And Women. by AmericanSons: 11:36am On May 12, 2018
OfficialDad:

The matter tire me. Marriage, sex and nothing else. Nah when we reach 900million people dem go understand ni ?

People don't seems to reason beyond this marriage issue, it seems their existence depends on it.
apart from that... Can you even find someone close to your desire, I mean someone who is not selfish but compatible?

Jeez... I love my peace and it's hard to find a friendly persons. Some persons can keep malice for centuries, some can get angry over little things... And the list goes on.
Re: The Travails Of Mature Single Men And Women. by pocohantas(f): 11:36am On May 12, 2018
sisisioge:

Bet you are so popular in that romance section...they can't help loving you even when they mask it. Hmmm, must be fun being you grin grin grin

I hope that handle isn't another sub of the previous bintin ...that dude is crozy about you wink

LOL, it's all love...tough love grin
Nah, it's not the previous bintin.
Re: The Travails Of Mature Single Men And Women. by Blonchilli(m): 11:37am On May 12, 2018
CaptJeffry:
Only men in early 30s here will understand you bro.

The time limitations and the confusion that follow can be frustrating.
You don't have to be 30 to be confused again. Now you can't tell who's real and fake
Re: The Travails Of Mature Single Men And Women. by Nobody: 11:44am On May 12, 2018
I have always liked you, you are mysterious but intriguing cool
pocohantas:

Re: The Travails Of Mature Single Men And Women. by Chukapage(m): 11:46am On May 12, 2018
Espada10:

Stop sounding desperate. .I know you are trying to mask it as a joke with sarcasm.

It is one of the reason you came to romance section but along the way you find out that majority of the men here are waec and Jambites.

The few ones that flatter you with asslicking..deep deep down you know there is a red flag somewhere.

The few good ones that have something going for them...(rare though ). But they don't see you like that but as an enigma that changes with the wind. They just talk with you or poke at you. That is it.

You are smart ..you have already figured all this out( and also with the first hand experience you had here) but at the end of the day a woman needs attention( no matter from which direction )

If you are looking for husband or any serious romance..nairaland ( romance section ) is not for you expecially someone of your age and character.

All hope is not lost..yes, it is rare for 30yrd+ old man to marry a 30 yr+ old woman( at least in Nigeria)..it happens but rare but all hope is not lost...you still have many options. ..
1)men above 50yrs ( who may just say fvck it..let do this)
2) single fathers
3)widowers
4)Divorcee
Etc

But you can have you cake( the is the rare circumstances ).

if you are from a very wealthy family..then a nigger will just say let me do it for the money and connection even if it means closing my eyes. Economy dey some how

( I didn't say if you are rich)

Nb
ANYWAY , all this will not stop you from receiving prick..niggers can Bleep anything sha. .and they can smell an oldie a mile away( no matter the packaging and smartness)

As I said before..You know what's up.

You will make a good baby mama or a mistress or on the flip side ..a dangerous cougar who preys on young boys.

bro what do you drink?? just say it..,you just analysed that old lady ,when she's bitter you see her forming feminist when she's okay you see her tactically showing the desperation like in this thread I was just about to slam her before u did and for the records that old bitter hypocrite has two monikers the "pocohontas" the one she uses for showing her oldie bitterness then she has the "antibrutus" this is her girly account for scouting fresh bobos she doesn't do her bitter feminist rant with the "antibrutus" acct its for SEARCH but unfortunately for her nairaland is filled with small boys jambites,Waecites,young university students,fresh graduates..etc..so she on a long thing here..
Re: The Travails Of Mature Single Men And Women. by sisisioge: 11:51am On May 12, 2018
pocohantas:

grin grin grin

Fear bin wan catch me ni.
Re: The Travails Of Mature Single Men And Women. by Chukapage(m): 11:51am On May 12, 2018
Ejiod:

I shouldn't talk but it sounds from ur reasoning that u look like jambites... In life there's what I call Social intelligence. Try reading Robert Greene books. Sorry if I was rude to you but.....
dude stop asslicking the oldie this brother here said the perfect truth about that oldie again he said the perfect truth..your the jambite here!!
Re: The Travails Of Mature Single Men And Women. by omojesu202(m): 11:55am On May 12, 2018
dasparrow:

She needs God not man. A Nigerian man will cheat on her sooner or later, infect her with sexually transmitted diseases, turn her into a glorified house maid and raise her blood pressure.

Most married Nigerian women are miserable and look much older than their age while nursing several sexually transmitted diseases given to them by their philandering husbands but they have sadly been mentally conditioned to believe that their lives can only start and end with a man.

That is a lie from the pit of hell rooted in patriarchy and chauvinism. Around the world, you have people living life to the fullest, happily too irrespective of their marital status.

Lastly, a lot of Nigerian women though married end up alone anyways down the line because the husbands die young. The average life expectancy rate in Nigeria is 53 years old maybe even lower no thanks to fulani herdsman killings, incessant car accidents, cultism, boko haram attacks, poor healthcare system and what have you. So these widowed women are left with a useless "Mrs" title, many mouths to feed and stark poverty staring them in the face along with in-laws that will hate them and want nothing more to do with them.

waooohhh!!!
so women should stop getting married or stop sleeping with men or have their children outside wedlock if they need children Oya judge yourself

1 Like

Re: The Travails Of Mature Single Men And Women. by Chukapage(m): 12:11pm On May 12, 2018
ideology:

You are speaking Grammar

Is buying house achievement lol?

Abeg live matter and enjoy your life...

If you find good woman and marry congrats ( which is the subject of discourse)

My point is clear I do not support op's conclusion that guys should just pick anyone and marry just because it gets more difficult as they grow other.

As you get older and you can't still find it, get busy with something else. Shikina !!!

This world will come to an end anytime from now...
bro thanks you think like me..this Nigerian pple are so obsessed with marriage even though we are gradually having one of the highest divorce rate!! there is more to life than marriage ,I travelled to Cologne Germany and I wept for the nigerian society everyone talks about marriage this that blah blah nobody wants to be happy the just want to do what others ..in Germany men ,women are chasing dreams doing what makes them happy no societal pressure ,I can't wait to go back there by august Nigeria ,and Africa is sick very sick all we know is marriage marriage breeding children in poverty having high population with low purchasing power !!I realized I was living in a bleeped up part of the world when I stepped foot in Germany ,I realized we have a long way to go...The funny thing the marriage they rushing into is no for love but for selfish disgusting interest the women marry to run away from financial burdens the men marry to have kids and appease society in the end they Bleep outside their marriages both man and woman ,terribly hypocritical society with the most hypocritical sense of morality when your single they look at you as irresponsible whereas their so called married are the most marally bleeped up people wife bringing in another mans child into her matrimonial home husband having multiple whores outside ...and to think this people look down on baby mamas and baby daddy's am just tired after August before I step foot here again eh it will be in a very long time..
Re: The Travails Of Mature Single Men And Women. by Crixina(f): 12:27pm On May 12, 2018
donstan18:
This thread is trying to tell us that the sole top priority of a Nigerian man or woman in his/her thirties is MARRIAGE .

True?
haven't you heard, the height of achievement for most people in Nigeria is marriage
It goes thus,

Bachelor's degree - NYSC- 50k job(in fact, this one means you are even among the above average income earners) - then marriage- kids.

If you follow this equation, you must have successfully achieved everything in life, well, that is in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Travails Of Mature Single Men And Women. by engrelvis(m): 12:29pm On May 12, 2018
Renegadd:
I've always said I want to get married and have only one child at the age of 35.That will be in 8 years time . for my own life I want my child to be 15 when i'm 50 and 25 when i'm 60. You decide what you want for your life and go for it . No one but you can decide and make your dreams come true.
bro life is nt 1+1=2 .u can decide n plan all u like but it deos nt always turn out d way u want it .we r living in very complex world where alot of dynamics (physical n spiritual) comes into play.if some people v been told dey will nt b married by now dey will say is a lie. Some took wrong decisions which other people took n yet dey r married today . some were disappointed for no just reason inspite of their commitment to d relationship.some runs girl r enjoying blissful marriage while some"churchi" girls r not married .some v kept their bodies yet v difficulties in conceiving while some who done countless abortions r giving birth like no man business.is a complex world . just do yr best n leave d rest to d guy upstair

2 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Mature Single Men And Women. by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 12, 2018

2 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Mature Single Men And Women. by AmericanSons: 1:08pm On May 12, 2018
Jman06:
People all over the world talk about marriage, dating, sex, procreation. It's not only Nigerians that talk about marriage. You have different dating and matchmaking websites all over the world.

Re: The Travails Of Mature Single Men And Women. by AmericanSons: 1:11pm On May 12, 2018
Toks2008:

Wettin you do that guy poco?

Re: The Travails Of Mature Single Men And Women. by AmericanSons: 1:12pm On May 12, 2018
Acidosis:

Oga relax, at least 8-9 out of world's 10 richest men are married with kids.

You can be married and achieve your dreams, and you can decide to be unmarried and miserable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Things A Guy Must Learn Before Graduating From University / Reasons Why Men Love To Date Beautiful Women / Man Caught His Pregnant Wife Cheating On Him!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.