Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,887 members, 7,863,027 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:44 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (61273 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 12:04am On Jul 15, 2010
dayokanu:

Or the gardener who cut grass in the stadium. How pathetic can Arsenal fans be Instead of accepting your players and the whole EPL failed woefully at the world cup, You are still looking for who made assist

How moronic of you - Fabregas' assist was the deciding moment in the WC final. Regardless of the meaningless drivel emanating from you, he is a WC winner with a telling contribution that can never be denied. It is the height of foolishness to be making noise about pointless assists like those of Muller and Podolski and denigrate an assist that won the greatest trophy on the face of the earth.

Greater minds like Del Bosque acknowledged Spain started to dominate when Fabregas came on, and his contribution cannot in any way be separated from Spain's winning.

Despite your Bundesliga players 'succeeding', the EPL ended up with WC winners while you ended up with another German based player sent off in the finals.

Sometimes running your mouth endlessly results in daft comments - stick to your England national team taunts.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dominique(f): 12:13am On Jul 15, 2010
v3:

When you're done, the 'exit' door's ------------------------------------> way & don't let the door hit you on your way out o. grin grin
You too dey whine, your name should be dayo-kan-whine.

grin grin grin

@dk
it gets pretty lonely at the bayern munich thread doesn't it? tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by lordimpaq(m): 4:32pm On Jul 15, 2010
bump
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by v3: 8:52pm On Jul 15, 2010
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 11:13am On Jul 16, 2010
^^ That is a disturbing comment. undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eldee(m): 11:22am On Jul 16, 2010
debosky:

^^ That is a disturbing comment. undecided

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by v3: 11:32am On Jul 16, 2010
allboyz,
I'm forced to take that down before the 'you know who' sees it
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 11:37am On Jul 16, 2010
[b]Cesc Fabregas is refusing to discuss his future, but claims he stands by comments he has made in the past.

The Arsenal midfielder, who tasted World Cup glory with Spain at this summer's World Cup, continues to find himself at the centre of a long-running transfer saga.

Primera Liga giants Barcelona have been chasing his signature for a while, with the player himself admitting that he would welcome a switch to Camp Nou.

As a Catalan native, Fabregas has often expressed a desire to return to his roots at some stage.

It was reported prior to the World Cup that he had informed Gunners boss Arsene Wenger of his wish to head back to Spain, and Barca subsequently saw an official approach knocked back.

Things have failed to progress since then, with events in South Africa taking centre stage, but the transfer mill is set to spring back to life now the World Cup is over.

Future
Fabregas is determined to steer clear of the speculation for as long as possible, but he has admitted that he still harbours an ambition to play for Barca sooner rather than later.

"I have not spoken to anybody in the last few days and I want to ignore anything regarding my future for now," he said.

"I want to enjoy my holidays and I don't want to talk about Barcelona at this moment.

"I make no apologies for the comments I have made in the past. I have expressed my interest in returning and I stand by that, as that is my personal wish."

Reports in Spain suggest Barca officials have once again looked to make contact with their Arsenal counterparts, with newly-appointed president Sandro Rossell keen to complete his summer transfer business as quickly as possible.

It is claimed that Barca are only prepared to hold out until the end of the July in their efforts to land Fabregas before turning their attention elsewhere.[/b]

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6262971,00.html
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tkb417(m): 12:13pm On Jul 16, 2010
^^^ home boi

ki lon happen? so na saucekid u dey roll with nau?
igbadun lewa

sell FAB na, abi na by force?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 12:19pm On Jul 16, 2010
Good job moderavizzle. cool

@ Folly

Cesc is an intelligent boy - though he may truly want to move, it isn't a life or death matter. He knows he'll eventually play for Barca, but just in case those broke arse Catalans can't cough up the cash required to buy him, he refuses to burn his bridges.

I personally feel he will stay - but not for more than 2 more seasons. My hope is that by the time that happens someone like Ramsey or Nasri has grown sufficiently to take over the reins.

Pre-season starts in earnest with our time-honoured opener to face Barnet. cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by v3: 12:35pm On Jul 16, 2010
Hmm,i just  love pre-season friendlies tongue
Will setanta show this or it's only avaiable on Arsenal TV?  undecided

On the Fab issue, if Barcelona can't come up with 60million pounds before July 31st. .we ain't giving em lip! Simples. cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 1:31pm On Jul 16, 2010
tkb417:

^^^ home boi

ki lon happen? so na saucekid u dey roll with nau?
igbadun lewa

sell FAB na, abi na by force?

Mo wa pa boss,just jammin as usual.U just fashi mi nah so life b ?.FAB is under a contract he must honour it,simplesss.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 1:32pm On Jul 16, 2010
debosky:

Good job moderavizzle. cool

@ Folly

Cesc is an intelligent boy - though he may truly want to move, it isn't a life or death matter. He knows he'll eventually play for Barca, but just in case those broke arse Catalans can't cough up the cash required to buy him, he refuses to burn his bridges.

I personally feel he will stay - but not for more than 2 more seasons. My hope is that by the time that happens someone like Ramsey or Nasri has grown sufficiently to take over the reins.

We shall see how thing pans out.I reckon AW should sign Marquez dude was outstanding @ WC,then a goalie and lastly Melo,time dey go the earlier the better so they can all gel together.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 1:39pm On Jul 16, 2010
follypimpi:

We shall see how thing pans out.I reckon AW should sign Marquez dude was outstanding @ WC,then a goalie and lastly Melo,time dey go the earlier the better so they can all gel together.

I wouldnt mind us going for Melo at all, but e be like say him face dey scare Debo  grin how about we go for Sessegnon of PSG? that guy is not bad at all, hope no one has forgotten what he did to our Super Chicken when they met?

debosky:

Yes o, GST starts tomorrow, time is now to be measured in terms of hours to the next Arsenal fixture.

For those thinking of subscribing to ATVO, there is a 12 mnth voucher available in the arsenal store for just £25, I just got mine while buying the new home shirt but I'm yet to figure out how to activate it.  grin grin

Anyone planning to show up for the Emirates cup can buzz me, maybe we can meet up. I will definitely be there.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 1:54pm On Jul 16, 2010
Folly don't you know your stingy uncle anymore?  cheesy

He won't spend that kinda cash to bring in so many players - unless he sells.

I even heard rumours that the Kokomaster deal was sealed last year and the cost is actually £2-4m and not the £10m that the UK press is quoting.  grin grin

To be honest, I'm hoping against hope for a CB and a goalie - if we get both, I will be more than satisfied. In reality, we'll probably only get one of those two.

@ Vizzle

Dunno if this one will be on air, but I think Sky is gonna show some of the Emirates Cup games. If it's not on TV, you should be able to find an online stream.

duduspace:

I wouldnt mind us going for Melo at all, but e be like say him face dey scare Debo  grin how about we go for Sessegnon of PSG? that guy is not bad at all, hope no one has forgotten what he did to our Super Chicken when they met?

Melo's face scaring me? cheesy

Nah - he's just too prone to cards and wasn't that good last season either. Besides, I don't think we can get him for anything less than £10-15m and he'd have to be on the bench as Song's back up. Given the more pressing problems at GK and CB, I don't think it's a wise investment at all.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eldee(m): 2:06pm On Jul 16, 2010
@debosky

I'm choosing my EPL Fantasy team, is Kokomaster going to make the first team??
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 2:20pm On Jul 16, 2010
eldee:

@debosky

I'm choosing my EPL Fantasy team, is Kokomaster going to make the first team??

It looks very likely. . . .I'd wait till the Emirates Cup games to pick though - another CB might come in, or Wenger might (God forbid) choose to go with Djourou and Vermaelen as our starting pair.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by agabaI23(m): 2:22pm On Jul 16, 2010

BARCELONA insist they do not care if they have to wait to sign Cesc Fabregas.
The Catalan giants are desperate to nab the Arsenal skipper but have seen the trail run cold.

Arsene Wenger is refusing to play ball with Barca and the Gunners have already have knocked back a £29million bid.

But Nou Camp president Sandro Rosell said: "Fabregas WILL arrive, even if it is not now, it will be next year. We will see.

"One thing that is certain is that we will not go mad trying to sign him. No shareholder would pay £60m for him.

"We will not go all out for him. We would only pay his value in the transfer market.
"

The Gunners were left with a bloody nose when Fabregas told the club he wanted to quit for Spain.

And Rosell added: "Arsenal feel very hurt by Barca.

"They don't want to listen to offers or sell and they are not putting Fabregas on the market.

"There was a strong dispute a few months ago and they have not forgotten it."

Source

If I was Fab$, I would not go after reading the highlighted
I think that is disrespectful and it shows how much they value him.
He is just going there for now to be a back up Xavi when he is injured! Hleb advise your friend.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 2:29pm On Jul 16, 2010
v3:

Hmm,i just  love pre-season friendlies tongue
Will setanta show this or it's only avaiable on Arsenal TV?  undecided

On the Fab issue, if Barcelona can't come up with 60million pounds before July 31st. .we ain't giving em lip! Simples. cool

Arsenals only hope of trophies
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by agabaI23(m): 2:32pm On Jul 16, 2010
At least Silvestre is out, it can only get better! One source of heart ache removed.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eldee(m): 3:03pm On Jul 16, 2010
debosky:

It looks very likely. . . .I'd wait till the Emirates Cup games to pick though - another CB might come in, or Wenger might (God forbid) choose to go with Djourou and Vermaelen as our starting pair.

Hmmn . . .aiite, I'll go with a player from a different team, Djourou will be a major threat while Koko adjusts.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 3:33pm On Jul 16, 2010
eldee:

Hmmn . . .aiite, I'll go with a player from a different team, Djourou will be a major threat while Koko adjusts.

No worry now, I think you have unlimited transfers till the first match. I've already selected my team and I chose Kosomonaa. The guy's stats from the Ligue 1 are quite impressive. That chap is a sure banker to start, he wasn't bought for the bench at all, and DJ's knee is still being held together by some strapping and can't yet be trusted not to fall to pieces sometimes during the season.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by v3: 3:52pm On Jul 16, 2010
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 4:44pm On Jul 16, 2010
What time is it?

Chamakh O clock!

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Jencejyde(m): 7:33pm On Jul 16, 2010
Ok where are we sef? Its that time of the year again. Another episode of the EPL. Tommorow we show the haters (Chelsea etal, ) that it's on again oh!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 2:51pm On Jul 17, 2010
Arsenal vs Barnet starting 11

Arsenal starting XI: Fabianski, Nordtveit, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Traore, Frimpong, Rosicky, Wilshere, Arshavin, Simpson, Emmanuel-Thomas
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 3:09pm On Jul 17, 2010
Szcezny has the no 1 behind his back. I hope its not what we should be expecting when the season starts
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 3:11pm On Jul 17, 2010
1 - 0 Arsenal, Arshavin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by saviola77(m): 3:50pm On Jul 17, 2010
proudly9ja:

Szcezny has the no 1 behind his back. I hope its not what we should be expecting when the season starts
absolutely not!! since names weren't inscribed on the jerseys, i expect the status quo will be maintained; that's if almunia stays though. 2-0 btw
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by v3: 4:09pm On Jul 17, 2010
2 - 0

Simpson. . Man these boys are on fire! shocked
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by v3: 4:18pm On Jul 17, 2010
3 - 0 grin grin
Stroll in the park
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by SirKay3(m): 4:48pm On Jul 17, 2010
Barnet 0
Arsenal 4 - Nasri

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (100)

Arsenal Vs Chelsea (3 - 0) On 24th September 2016 / Chelsea Vs Real Madrid UCL (1 - 3) On 6th April 2022 / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.