Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,497 members, 7,843,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (60779 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 8:39am On Aug 07, 2010
@A-40

You miss the point completely, a good player is a good player at the least 80% of the time. My pointing out the Sturm Graz game was because Theo played in the same match and did nothing, it doesn't really matter who Theo is playing against once he doesn't get balls played in behind the full backs he is a liability on the pitch, all those guys I've mentioned will regularly beat their man and put in good balls into the box. You make it like I hate on Theo but I don't, I just call it like I see it. I want the boy to succeed as much as you do and actually credit his effort but if he aint got it by now, I seriously doubt he ever will.

Diaby might have had a screw loose in  the past but you always knew he had the skill and technique but was only tactically deficient and that seems to have come with game time, Denilson is class but only needs to buff up physically and shake off his back complaint, Bendtner has all the physical tools he needs but needs to work on his touch and marksmanship and stop being arrogant , have you so soon forgotten his purple patch where he scored 9 goals in 11 matches and kept us going for a while towards the tail end of last season? Put any of those guys you mentioned with the young ones in the squad and you'll see that they are a class above them. If you need convincing, go and watch our match against Olympiacos away in the UCL last season where Song, Ramsey and Theo were the senior players, the other two were so assured on the ball and had great games but not Theo, his presence on the pitch that day in my opinion hindered the likes of Wilshere who sort of deferred to him as the senior player in the squad and kept giving him the ball. That same young squad took Wigan apart in the Carling cup the previous season  with Jay Simpson and Vela as the strikers.

Theo is only good if he can exploit his pace and that is why he is a good impact player, for a team that plays possession football like we do, he is a liability most of the time. His flaws might not show up much if he is played as a striker through the middle but I wouldn't hold my breadth that he is going to be exceptional there.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 9:37am On Aug 07, 2010
duduspace:

@A-40

You miss the point completely, a good player is a good player at the least 80% of the time. My pointing out the Sturm Graz game was because Theo played in the same match and did nothing, it doesn't really matter who Theo is playing against once he doesn't get balls played in behind the full backs he is a liability on the pitch, all those guys I've mentioned will regularly beat their man and put in good balls into the box. You make it like I hate on Theo but I don't, I just call it like I see it. I want the boy to succeed as much as you do and actually credit his effort but if he aint got it by now, I seriously doubt he ever will.

Diaby might have had a screw loose in  the past but you always knew he had the skill and technique but was only tactically deficient and that seems to have come with game time, Denilson is class but only needs to buff up physically and shake off his back complaint, Bendtner has all the physical tools he needs but needs to work on his touch and marksmanship and stop being arrogant , have you so soon forgotten his purple patch where he scored 9 goals in 11 matches and kept us going for a while towards the tail end of last season? Put any of those guys you mentioned with the young ones in the squad and you'll see that they are a class above them. If you need convincing, go and watch our match against Olympiacos away in the UCL last season where Song, Ramsey and Theo were the senior players, the other two were so assured on the ball and had great games but not Theo, his presence on the pitch that day in my opinion hindered the likes of Wilshere who sort of deferred to him as the senior player in the squad and kept giving him the ball. That same young squad took Wigan apart in the Carling cup the previous season  with Jay Simpson and Vela as the strikers.

Theo is only good if he can exploit his pace and that is why he is a good impact player, for a team that plays possession football like we do, he is a liability most of the time. His flaws might not show up much if he is played as a striker through the middle but I wouldn't hold my breadth that he is going to be exceptional there.
Are you kidding me so his non-performance in a meaningless pre-season friendly is your barometer of judgement?? No wonder Arsenal fans now rejoice at Emirates Cup victories. Who played the ball behind the full-back when Theo setup brilliant assists against Liverpool in the UCL and PL what of the one he did against Blackburn? Since you love to nit-pick lets nit-pick together

Where you not there when the ineptitude of Denilson and Diaby cost us the midfield and essentially the game against Chelsea in the 08/09 F.A semis? When have those guys put up any decent performance against top 4 opposition?

Denilson is class?? Hahaha and i'm Rick James! with his 1 million sideways passes per game? When a player creates 7 chances for you in a game and you squander everyone of em then you have a long way to go! Any player can have a purple patch at any point Bendtner still has work to do.

The way you keep paying attention to irrelevance just to rubbish Theo makes me wonder! for the umpteenth time you are referring to a match we didnt even need to draw to win the group. What would it have mattered if Theo scored a hat-trick? Would we have skipped the first knockout round on the back of that? The squad took apart Wigan and couldn't even beat Burnley with Bendtner missing chance after chance so what point are you trying to prove?

Would it be such a bad thing if we play to the lad's strength from time to time since our possession footie has been exposed time and time again for its deficiencies. He is still our most direct player on the flank and we sure could use his pace for the sweet counter-attacking footie we where good at back in the days
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 10:03am On Aug 07, 2010
agabaI23:

£23 M for Reina?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3085663/Arsenal-launch-23million-raid-for-Pepe-Reina.html

Outrageous!

Soon, you will hear we put in a bid for VDS or Cech!

Rubbish
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 12:57pm On Aug 07, 2010
embarassed

David Odonkor when fit is better than Wankott FACT

follypimpi:

^ I thot u were obsessed with CR7 b4 how come is My man Debosky u on now ?

Mamagee dont snatch Follypimpin bf GAYY lot
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ritchboy(m): 2:09pm On Aug 07, 2010
Theo is only good if he can exploit his pace and that is why he is a good impact player, for a team that plays possession football like we do, he is a liability most of the time.

THIS!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 2:34pm On Aug 07, 2010
A-40:

Are you kidding me so his non-performance in a meaningless pre-season friendly is your barometer of judgement?? No wonder Arsenal fans now rejoice at Emirates Cup victories. Who played the ball behind the full-back when Theo setup brilliant assists against Liverpool in the UCL and PL what of the one he did against Blackburn? Since you love to nit-pick lets nit-pick together
Look at all those instance you've mentioned, only one thing stands out, a moment of brilliance or in Theo's case exploitation of a unique ability (pace). The difference between Theo and Arshavin is ability, if anything Theo is actually a more committed player than Arshavin can ever be. Theo was brought in to do something similar to what Arshavin does (accelerate the game), only thing is Arshavin can still pass and shield the ball and even when disinterested will not make our game totally disjointed.

A-40:

Where you not there when the ineptitude of Denilson and Diaby cost us the midfield and essentially the game against Chelsea in the 08/09 F.A semis? When have those guys put up any decent performance against top 4 opposition?
The ineptitude of Diaby and Denilson did not lead to Fabianski's gaffe or Silvestre's inability to contain Drogba, if you look at possesion stats we still had better possesion than Chelsea in that match and lost to Drogba's physicality. If you ask me, one of the reasons why we lost was because guys like Theo and Adebayor did not help the MF translate possesion into danger for the opposition.
I would be on Denilson's neck if you can convince me that Frimpong or Eastmond would do a better job than Denilson which you can't do but I'm almost certain that any of Wilshere, JET and Lansbury would be a better player than Theo in any position you need him to be on the pitch. Infact you can add both Sunu and Barazite to that list.

A-40:

The way you keep paying attention to irrelevance just to rubbish Theo makes me wonder! for the umpteenth time you are referring to a match we didnt even need to draw to win the group. What would it have mattered if Theo scored a hat-trick? Would we have skipped the first knockout round on the back of that? The squad took apart Wigan and couldn't even beat Burnley with Bendtner missing chance after chance so what point are you trying to prove?

I did not focus on that match alone, Theo has had enough opportunities with more game time even than even the likes of Diaby (prior to last season), Arshavin may not look interested in every match but I repeat, he will not give the ball to the opponent or run into blind alleys even when playing against Dag and Red.

A-40:

Would it be such a bad thing if we play to the lad's strength from time to time since our possession footie has been exposed time and time again for its deficiencies. He is still our most direct player on the flank and we sure could use his pace for the sweet counter-attacking footie we where good at back in the days
Now this is the true source of our disagreement and to be honest it is a puzzle to me and one of the main reasons I think Theo might no longer have a place in the first team. The likes of Arshavin and Nasri can turn a game on its head with a moment of magical skill or pace and they do this without sacrificing the basic pass and move ethic of the team, if all we are keeping Theo around for is to make the odd run that leads to a goal, where does that leave the rest of the team? is that how to to build a team that plays total football? keeping in mind that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link.
Anyway, I'm eagerly waiting for the completion of Wellington Silva's move in January, that would be the final nail in Theo's coffin cos that chap would be another Arshavin in the squad and I trust Arsene to do the right thing with Theo once we get this English player agitation off our backs.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 3:54pm On Aug 07, 2010
dayokanu:

embarassed

Mamagee dont snatch Follypimpin bf GAYY lot

Muki said it,cant u for once be unpredictable,am proud of my sexuality so me no care grin .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 4:25pm On Aug 07, 2010
If this is the team playing against Liverfluke then we are in for an awful start.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mystikal(m): 4:26pm On Aug 07, 2010
Warsaw leads
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mystikal(m): 4:31pm On Aug 07, 2010
Chamakh should be scoring those, or at least on target
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mystikal(m): 4:40pm On Aug 07, 2010
Fabianski fumbles again. 2 nil
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 4:41pm On Aug 07, 2010
Typical Flappyaski grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mystikal(m): 4:43pm On Aug 07, 2010
Wenger buy keeper o. Fabianski again, 3 nil
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 4:44pm On Aug 07, 2010
Another trophyless season beckons.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mystikal(m): 4:45pm On Aug 07, 2010
Chamakh scores 3 -1.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 4:47pm On Aug 07, 2010
Why does everything always go wrong when Fabianski is in goal? even if he is not a bad keeper, he is an extremely unlucky one. This surely must be the end, if Polish players are bullying you then something is badly wrong. Szczesney substitution please Arsene, we've had enough of Fabianski.
Chamakh showed his aerial ability right there though, I thot that was a keepers ball but he somehow got to it.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 4:51pm On Aug 07, 2010
now A-40 go come tell me Walcott nah player,kmt.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mystikal(m): 4:53pm On Aug 07, 2010
h t
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 4:54pm On Aug 07, 2010
Wilshere
Rosicky
Have all been so quiet
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 4:59pm On Aug 07, 2010
@folly

Rosicky has not really had a stellar pre-season, I was almost screaming at him during the Emirates cup match against AC Milan. Wilshere and Frimpong look tired. But then Warsaw put us under pressure from the start and having someone like Theo on the pitch is never going to be helpful when you want to play a containing game.
This is a game that will likely turn in the 2nd half but it is one we shouldn't have gone into halftime more than a goal down.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mystikal(m): 5:04pm On Aug 07, 2010
duduspace:

@folly

Rosicky has not really had a stellar pre-season, I was almost screaming at him during the Emirates cup match against AC Milan. Wilshere and Frimpong look tired. But then Warsaw put us under pressure from the start and having someone like Theo on the pitch is never going to be helpful when you want to play a containing game.
This is a game that will likely turn in the 2nd half but it is one we shouldn't have gone into halftime more than a goal down.

Yeah, looks like that sort of game#
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 5:04pm On Aug 07, 2010
duduspace:

@folly

They look very tired,Walcott is just plain useless can't wait for W.Silva to start featuring,his skillfull and quite fast.Nasri has been very impressive as usual,but the midfield is too wastefull givin out ball like Father Xmas.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mystikal(m): 5:10pm On Aug 07, 2010
Fabianksi is replaced with Szczesny

Eboue, Vela and Gibbs come in
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 5:15pm On Aug 07, 2010
Now that is a keeper.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mystikal(m): 5:16pm On Aug 07, 2010
Szczesny, impressive already!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mystikal(m): 5:19pm On Aug 07, 2010
Eboue scores 3 - 2
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ebeano1: 5:22pm On Aug 07, 2010
ya. sweet one from d north korean Eboue

Come on ye red and white army
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 5:24pm On Aug 07, 2010
That shld have been the 3rd goal, Eboue is still a defender at heart. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ebeano1: 5:26pm On Aug 07, 2010
eboue score again. 3-3
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mystikal(m): 5:27pm On Aug 07, 2010
Eboue scores again 3 - 3
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 5:28pm On Aug 07, 2010
Does A-40 still need any convincing as to how much Theo's presence distorts our game?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mystikal(m): 5:28pm On Aug 07, 2010
Goals galore. Gibbs scores 4 - 3

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (100)

Chelsea Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On November 28 2021 / Chelsea Vs Eintracht Frankfurt: Europa League (1(4) - 1(3)) On 9th May 2019 / UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Fixtures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.