Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,521 members, 7,836,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

2007 Champions League Quarter Finals - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals (11474 Views)

UEFA Champions League Quarter-final draw Draw On 20th March 2015 / Champions League Finals: How Much Does The Winner Or Looser Take Home? / Champions League Quarter Final Draw @ 12PM Nigerian Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by viee(f): 10:53am On Apr 03, 2007
Head-to-heads

just for analysis sake.

question is does it always follow?
who cares?
read on

Chelsea and Valencia have never met before in any European Cup competition.

Chelsea have played nine European home matches against clubs from Spain and have lost only once, winning seven and drawing one. The loss came on 22 February 2006 when the Blues were defeated 1-2 at Stamford Bridge by Barcelona in the round of the last 16. Overall, Chelsea have won nine of the 21 European encounters they have had with Spanish clubs.

Valencia have played 13 European away matches in England and have won only twice, drawn eight and lost three. Their last away victory on English soil took place on 30 October 2002 when they defeated Liverpool 0-1 at Anfield. Overall, Valencia have played English clubs 27 times in Europe, winning nine and losing only five.
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by 9ja4eva: 10:54am On Apr 03, 2007
Dnt worry we will talk abt dis after d match.With Joaquin and odas its history for Chelksi.
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by viee(f): 10:56am On Apr 03, 2007
European history

Chelsea's biggest success in European competition is winning the Cup Winners' Cup twice (1971 and 1998). They also won the European Super Cup in 1998. This is Chelsea's fifth CL participation. Their best result is reaching the semi-finals, which they managed on two occasions (2003-04 and 2004-05).

Valencia have won four European Cups: the Cup Winners' Cup once (1980) and the Fairs/Uefa Cup three times (1962, 1963 and 2004). They won the European Super Cup twice, in 1980 and 2004. This is Valencia's fifth Champions League season. They have twice been losing finalists. In 2000, they fell 3-0 to Real Madrid, while they lost on penalties against Bayern Munich in 2001.

Current European form

Chelsea have won their last four Champions League home matches. Overall, the Londoners are unbeaten in their last three encounters in the competition.

Valencia are winless in their last three CL matches, and have not won any of their last three on their Champions League travels.

im sure all roman fans are smiling, jus rem that champions league is diff!
so if i succedded in raising ur hope, ha, i have also succedded in preparing u for heart ache grin grin
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by Razorr(f): 11:02am On Apr 03, 2007
Very funny sweetheart. You just contradicted yourself!

You just proved, according to your statistics, that Chelsea is in better form than Valencia to reach the semis. grin grin

You haven't said anything we do not already know, so please spare us all the drama! grin grin
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by 9ja4eva: 11:07am On Apr 03, 2007
Kai

Commotion dey happen for dis site oh.
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by viee(f): 11:16am On Apr 03, 2007
contradict? undecided
nah, luv, i want to get u very exicted so that by tomorrow, u will be saying
they return leg is always there, we can always turn the table around, we only need to score a goal.bla bla bla bla
grin grin grin cheesy
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by 9ja4eva: 11:18am On Apr 03, 2007
Of course dt wld be deir talk.Off to bed jare
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by Razorr(f): 11:20am On Apr 03, 2007
This just goes to show how little you know of Chelsea! Or is it just bad belle? grin grin
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by Razorr(f): 11:47am On Apr 03, 2007
Razorr:

As for Manscum's match against the Romans tomorow, I must say this: - Faggotson has really disappointed me with that bullock he spewed about players in the Roman squad he would be looking out for. How on earth could he have excluded Totti from that list? Is he deranged?

My goodness, Totti is the highest scorer in the frigging Italian league for heavens sake.

It's just like a stupid and arrogant coach saying he doesn't care about Drogba when playing Chelsea!

I'm not surprised sha. . . I always suspected that the old man has been sniffing something. I even suspect that his constant gum chewing is just a way of keeping himself steady, in other not to betray the fact that he is high, or how else can we explain the gum chewing?

Faggotson is definitely deranged!

After tomorrow's game, the name Totti would haunt the deranged old fool for the rest of his life!

I can't wait!

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=458308&CPID=5&clid=121&lid=2&title=Totti+reveals+English+disliking

WOW! So Papa faggotson has finally regained his common sense! He has finally become sober, after the large dosses of that substance he was sniffing last week. grin grin

He has finally acknowledged that Totti is the man to look out for in that match against the romans!  grin   grin

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007150229,00.html
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by lalaboi(m): 11:50am On Apr 03, 2007
the guy fear ni sha!!

after wetn totti tok! lol
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by 4Play(m): 11:52am On Apr 03, 2007
@Razorr

I was wondering whether you are alrite ,quoting yourself.

Fergie deliberately left out Totti as part of his mind games.Totti is a prima donna it was intended to rile him up.

You just don't get it cos you are not a true footie fan.
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by Razorr(f): 11:56am On Apr 03, 2007
4Play, naaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Fergie was just being stupid as usual!

He almost underestimated the guy until Totti opened his mouth!

Totti's words sent a very ominous chill down his spine!  grin   grin

It's because the media was yapping about it that he was forced to re-phrase his statements!  grin   grin

If gay's statement was really meant to rile Totti up, he wouldn't have changed his mind and re-phrased!  grin

Like I said before, Fergie has finally sobered up! Halleluyah!  grin   grin
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by slimghost(m): 11:59am On Apr 03, 2007
@4play
god bless my guy! them no sabi real footie atall
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by mukina2: 12:14pm On Apr 03, 2007
Tuesday's here already .liverfool are in luck as Alex will miss the macth also much experienced reiztenger shocked shocked shocked

but Gomes is no reina so lets wait and see what Arouna Kone can do grin

As for 2moro the die is cast .
there's no way Roma will allow the scummies to score in Italy angry grin
they'll be given a run for their money grin
why is sir gay so blind? is totti the only mean machine in the team grin
man power vidic petite giant will be missing grin
good lawd i suddenly wish wahala matterazzi was in Roma grin
Van dersar will do a lot more than flyin grin

to the chelskites hahahahahahahaha
after you cheated watfrod out of a victory they deserve angry
play like how you did with watford and david Villa will correct ur mistakes
pls be sure to have a fly emirates air bus nearby grin helmet cech will need one grin
those spaniards do not play ya hear shocked grin
i hope Drogba will not attempt to swim o

i will watch all these matches with a sweet piece of mind .
it will be reall sad to see ya'll go out cry grin grin
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by Razorr(f): 12:16pm On Apr 03, 2007
And the gonners would be watching from the sidelines, since they have been kicked out of the competition! cry cry cry

Poor Gonners! cry cry
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by 4Play(m): 12:19pm On Apr 03, 2007
@slimghost

That thing is old news.Fergie made that statement ,weeks ago,when the draw was done and many football analysts confirmed it was mind games since anyone  who knows Fergie knows he has always been complimentary on Totti.

Some Chelski fans who  started watching football since when Abramovich invested his ill gotten   loot in the Blue Ashawos took it literally  grin

Its only a matter of time and the likes of Razoor will send their applications to join us.
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by Razorr(f): 12:20pm On Apr 03, 2007
Mukina, sorry o! Your sweetheart, Morientes won't be playing! I know you're really sad about that!

These bad belle gunners sef!  grin   grin   grin
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by Razorr(f): 12:21pm On Apr 03, 2007
4Play, it's not your fault at all!

I would blame your mental state on the bags of cocaine you've been sniffing along with your coach!

Just take it easy on the doses, ok? We love you and do not want to lose you to madness!  shocked  grin   grin
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by mukina2: 12:37pm On Apr 03, 2007
razorr angry
you are so damn happy grin
David Villa is still dere .
keep prayin .
the only trophy maureen will get this season is the milk cup grin
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by Razorr(f): 12:44pm On Apr 03, 2007
Bad belle as usual. . . grin grin grin
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by mukina2: 12:49pm On Apr 03, 2007
;d
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by viee(f): 12:50pm On Apr 03, 2007
[quote][/quote]

lol, lol, lol,lol
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by RuuDie(m): 12:59pm On Apr 03, 2007
Razorr:

4Play, naaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Fergie was just being stupid as usual!

He almost underestimated the guy until Totti opened his mouth!

Totti's words sent a very ominous chill down his spine! grin grin

It's because the media was yapping about it that he was forced to re-phrase his statements! grin grin

If gay's statement was really meant to rile Totti up, he wouldn't have changed his mind and re-phrased! grin

Like I said before, Fergie has finally sobered up! Halleluyah! grin grin

like 4play said - hell razorr, u ain't a Red so u'll never be able 2 dig what Sir was tryin 2 get outta dat whole charade & by d way ur own "very special one" did d same when Barca played Chelski 2 seasons ago; if u need any remindin he practically reeled out the names of Barca's startin 11, subs, technical crew & match officials @ a press conference - very smart abi
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by slimghost(m): 1:02pm On Apr 03, 2007
mukina2:

razorr angry
you are so damn happy grin
David Villa is still dere .
keep prayin .
AMEN
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by mukina2: 1:18pm On Apr 03, 2007
slimghost keep praying also
totti will haunt you and pre-intimacy in ur daily lives grin
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by Razorr(f): 1:19pm On Apr 03, 2007
mukina2:

slimghost keep praying also
totti will haunt you and pre-intimacy in your daily lives grin

Amen! grin
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by slimghost(m): 1:36pm On Apr 03, 2007
Tufiakwa! angry God forbid.come wednesday,victory is ours and i bind and cast into the river all italian spirits of Totti and co in jesus name!!! grin

somebody say Amen
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by kitaun(m): 2:04pm On Apr 03, 2007
I maintain still, THAT I WILL ALONGSIDE LOYIKA EAT A LIVE AJANGBAJIGBI IF THE SCUM TEAM SCALE THRU cool cool
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by mukina2: 2:13pm On Apr 03, 2007
slimghost dnt start $hittin ur pants yet tongue

ya'll so scared of Roma grin
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by kitaun(m): 2:14pm On Apr 03, 2007
12581 POSTS? shocked shocked
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by mukina2: 2:19pm On Apr 03, 2007
kitaun:

12581 POSTS? shocked shocked

DR Kit ur eyes go drop off o grin
yeah cheesy
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by slimghost(m): 2:51pm On Apr 03, 2007
We are not afraid of them,but you know its good to be cautious.
PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Burnley (2 - 2) - On 30th March 2024 / Tottenham's Luca Modric Set To Join Manchester United. / Hull City Vs Chelsea (0 - 2) On 1st October 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.