Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 (2367 Views)

There Is No Heaven It Is A Fairy Story:Stephen Hawking / A Message From Stephen Hawking In HELL / Stephen Hawking, Cosmology's Brightest Star, Dies Aged 76 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by budaatum: 5:07am On Mar 14, 2018
Scientist Stephen Hawking has died at the age of 76, a spokesman for his family has said.

Professor Hawking's children, Lucy, Robert and Tim said in a statement that he had died at his home in Cambridge in the early hours of Wednesday.

They said: "We are deeply saddened that our beloved father passed away today.

"He was a great scientist and an extraordinary man whose work and legacy will live on for many years.

"His courage and persistence with his brilliance and humour inspired people across the world.

"He once said, 'It would not be much of a universe if it wasn't home to the people you love.'

"We will miss him forever."

They asked for privacy but added their thanks to "everyone who has been by Professor Hawking's side and supported him - throughout his life".

The world famous physicist and cosmologist was the subject of the 2014 film The Theory Of Everything, which starred Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones.

He also performed several cameos in the US comedy series The Big Bang Theory.

Hawking contracted motor neurone disease in 1963 and was given two years to live but he went on to study at Cambridge and became one of the most brilliant theoretical physicists since Albert Einstein.

He was given more than a dozen honorary degrees and was awarded the CBE in 1982.

Sky

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by Juliusdking(m): 5:47am On Mar 14, 2018
Rip to him
Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by CuteMadridista: 6:03am On Mar 14, 2018
Oh fork!
Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by Nobody: 6:05am On Mar 14, 2018
Just found out about it. Damn! I guess now he knows the truth about what happens (or doesnt happen) after death for sure, lol. He died at the ripe old age of 76 after being given two years to live in the 60s, and was one of the greatest contributors to modern science. RIP!

cc Lalasticlala Seun Mynd44

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by Martinez19(m): 9:11am On Mar 14, 2018
RIP.
Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by rekinomtla(m): 9:30am On Mar 14, 2018

1 Like

Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by Aaronsrod: 9:49am On Mar 14, 2018
rekinomtla:
May he burn in hell. Man was a scumbag who worshiped the devil.

Yes!! Scientist hate God. Athiest Devil warshiper a billion billion billion centuries of torture and more will be his portion. Selah!
Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by rekinomtla(m): 9:56am On Mar 14, 2018
Aaronsrod:

Yes!! Scientist hate God. Athiest Devil warshiper a billion billion billion centuries of torture and more will be his portion. Selah!

I think it's incorrect to say scientists hate God, it's atheists who hate God. Many of the greatest scientists were Christians, eg. Galileo, Copernicus, Newton etc.
Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:01am On Mar 14, 2018
rekinomtla:

I think it's incorrect to say scientists hate God, it's atheists who hate God. Many of the greatest scientists were Christians, eg. Galileo, Copernicus, Newton etc.

Atheists don't hate God. You can't hate what you don't believe in.

9 Likes

Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:03am On Mar 14, 2018
Aaronsrod:

God is merciful. Moreover, you have a very limited knowledge about hell.
Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by rekinomtla(m): 11:06am On Mar 14, 2018
BluntTheApostle:

Atheists don't hate God. You can't hate what you don't believe in.

Scientific studies has shown otherwise, the hatred of God is present in atheists.

2 Likes

Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by CoolUsername: 11:29am On Mar 14, 2018
RIP, Stephen Hawking. We just lost one of the greatest minds we have today.

4 Likes

Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:30am On Mar 14, 2018
rekinomtla:

Scientific studies has shown otherwise, the hatred of God is present in atheists.

Which useless scientific studies? So that worthless link is what you have decided to trust
Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by MaziOmenuko: 11:47am On Mar 14, 2018
rekinomtla:

Lol...You may not even live up to the rip age of 76yrs with all your professed love for God. The doctors gave him 2yrs to live; you would have spent those 2 yrs in the church if it were you, but he never gave up on his atheistic views and went on to achieve what you will only read in papers. He lived for decades more than was expected and I am sure you would have called it God's miracle if he was a christian.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by tintingz(m): 12:14pm On Mar 14, 2018
rekinomtla:
Respect the dead.

So even when he was good and kind, contributed positively to humanity, your God will still throw him inside hell? What a good and just God!

RIP to the great physicist.

8 Likes

Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by rekinomtla(m): 12:23pm On Mar 14, 2018
BluntTheApostle:

Which useless scientific studies? So that worthless link is what you have decided to trust

I'll trust scientific studies any day over some random forum moniker just stating his opinion.
Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:29pm On Mar 14, 2018
rekinomtla:

I'll trust scientific studies any day over some random forum moniker just stating his opinion.

But the link does not direct one to an authoritative website. Instead, it takes one to a Nairaland thread filled with selective memes and posts.

I didn't see anything like scientific studies anywhere on it.

2 Likes

Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by rekinomtla(m): 12:30pm On Mar 14, 2018
MaziOmenuko:

Lol...You may not even live up to the rip age of 76yrs with all your professed love for God. The doctors gave him 2yrs to live; you would have spent those 2 yrs in the church if it were you, but he never gave up on his atheistic views and went on to achieve what you will only read in papers. He lived for decades more than was expected and I am sure you would have called it God's miracle if he was a christian.

Sounds more like a curse than a blessing, being confined in a wheelchair unable to even feed yourself or hear your own voice doesn't sound to pleasing to me.
Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by rekinomtla(m): 12:33pm On Mar 14, 2018
BluntTheApostle:

But the link does not direct one to an authoritative website. Instead, it takes one to a Nairaland thread filled with selective memes and posts.

I didn't see anything like scientific studies anywhere on it.

The link takes you to my post which cites the studies supporting my claim that atheists subconsciously believe in God.
Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by 0temSapien: 12:33pm On Mar 14, 2018
rekinomtla:
Are you the same person as Aaronsrod?
Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by rekinomtla(m): 12:40pm On Mar 14, 2018
0temSapien:
Are you the same person as Aaronsrod?

You again
Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by 0temSapien: 1:04pm On Mar 14, 2018
rekinomtla:

You again
Why me again? Have we previously had any chat or controversy?
Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by vaxx: 1:13pm On Mar 14, 2018
RIP, the champ of theoretical physicist and a great atheist evangelist.... you propagate well man, sleep on bro , those whom you have mentor will surely miss you ......

3 Likes

Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by 4kings: 1:35pm On Mar 14, 2018
So sad, just saw the news on TV and decided to see what folks on Nairaland are saying about it.
I really liked this man, so sad embarassed embarassed.

1 Like

Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by FeelDeMusic: 1:37pm On Mar 14, 2018
Whoa.... no way...... wow! This is pretty sad... damn..... I'll miss him! Never really took the time to study him much but wow... this is news surely. RIP sir, your legacy will surely live on!

4 Likes

Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by FeelDeMusic: 1:43pm On Mar 14, 2018
And please please please let's not derail this thread by arguing about who hates and doesn't hate God, no devel-worshipping bs too... let's just focus on the subject, one of the greatest scientists who has ever graced this earth has died at seventy-six... and as I said although I really didn't take much time to study him I know that he was a pretty genius dude....

And he died on pi day! Shitt......

4 Likes

Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by Edenoscar2(m): 2:08pm On Mar 14, 2018
He was born on the 300th anniversary of Galileo's death and died at the same age as Einstein
It's almost as if Stephen chose this date on purpose...

3 Likes

Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by 4kings: 2:10pm On Mar 14, 2018
Edenoscar2:
He was born on the 300th anniversary of Galileo's death and died at the same age as Einstein
It's almost as if Stephen chose this date on purpose...
Hahahaha grin grin
I just knew about this fact today.

1 Like

Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by MaziOmenuko: 2:42pm On Mar 14, 2018
rekinomtla:

Sounds more like a curse than a blessing, being confined in a wheelchair unable to even feed yourself or hear your own voice doesn't sound to pleasing to me.

And yet here are we all, reading about him and his invention.

1 Like

Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by Emmanystone: 2:53pm On Mar 14, 2018
CuteMadridista:
Oh fork!
By now him eye don open wide
Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by Emmanystone: 2:56pm On Mar 14, 2018
4kings:
So sad, just saw the news on TV and decided to see what folks on Nairaland are saying about it.
I really liked this man, so sad embarassed embarassed.

He lived a painful miserable life. That was torture not life.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? / For The Atheists,if You Encounter This,what Will You Call It? / Christians - Do You Believe This? If Not Tell Me Why With Bible Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.