Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,315 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 (2386 Views)

There Is No Heaven It Is A Fairy Story:Stephen Hawking / A Message From Stephen Hawking In HELL / Stephen Hawking, Cosmology's Brightest Star, Dies Aged 76 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by Emmanystone: 2:58pm On Mar 14, 2018
FeelDeMusic:
Whoa.... no way...... wow! This is pretty sad... damn..... I'll miss him! Never really took the time to study him much but wow... this is news surely. RIP sir, your legacy will surely live on!
Sir, he was an atheist. There's no rest for him. You wish rest to the living not to manure. He is finished or so they think.
Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by Emmanystone: 3:00pm On Mar 14, 2018
walexy4551:

He's burning in Muslim hell right now, same place you're headed unless you accept God's final message to humanity undecided
Yes. Now he knows, just like your time will come then you'll know if the Muslims have their separate hell.
Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by FeelDeMusic: 3:03pm On Mar 14, 2018
Wow, again does him being an atheist matter? Yes I know this is posted in the religion section but seriously people.... let's just respect the dude, let's not insult him or whatever, let's keep this thread to a minimum of arguments please. You can say he's going to hell all you want or that he's there burning for eternity or whatever y'all believe, but at the end of the day that doesn't matter because he was revolutionary in changing the science world, again believe what you like but let's not force views upon others.

3 Likes

Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by Nobody: 3:24pm On Mar 14, 2018
Edenoscar2:
He was born on the 300th anniversary of Galileo's death and died at the same age as Einstein
It's almost as if Stephen chose this date on purpose...

Indeed. He may well have planned it. Einstein was also born the day Hawkins died (03/14). The amazing wonders of the resiliency of spirit and will-power.

.....You see the same thing in hospitals....people hold death at bay until holidays are past or certain events have occurred (like waiting for a loved one to get here so they can say goodbyes...).

Amazing really. Mind over matter. Spirit over body. Certainly a bunch of chemical soup together does not explain this human attribute adequately.

I don't know....Sir. Hawkins have a better answer now. grin

1 Like

Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by winner01(m): 3:29pm On Mar 14, 2018
MaziOmenuko:

Lol...You may not even live up to the rip age of 76yrs with all your professed love for God. The doctors gave him 2yrs to live; you would have spent those 2 yrs in the church if it were you, but he never gave up on his atheistic views and went on to achieve what you will only read in papers. He lived for decades more than was expected and I am sure you would have called it God's miracle if he was a christian.

Miracles are not confined to Christianity. There were many people in the Bible who did not worship God and lived long in prosperity and good health. Jesus and all his disciples did not live up to 76 years.
You made no point, neither did the person you replied.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by Aaronsrod: 4:54pm On Mar 14, 2018
BluntTheApostle:

God is merciful. Moreover, you have a very limited knowledge about hell.

Hell is prepared for the devil and his angels and all the sinners who love not God.

No forgiveness. No redemption. But torture for all time.

NO MERCY!!

It is you who know nothing of our Lord. Take heed.
Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by BluntTheApostle(m): 5:04pm On Mar 14, 2018
Aaronsrod:

Hell is prepared for the devil and his angels and all the sinners who love not God.

No forgiveness. No redemption. But torture for all time.

NO MERCY!!

It is you who know nothing of our Lord. Take heed.

Souls are destroyed in hell; they are not tormented for eternity. The concept of hell as a place of eternal torment is a fraud. Hell is a place of destruction, not of eternal torment.

Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. (Matthew 10:28)
Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by NPComplete: 5:27pm On Mar 14, 2018
winner01:
Miracles are not confined to Christianity. There were many people in the Bible who did not worship God and lived long in prosperity and good health. Jesus and all his disciples did not live up to 76 years.

Why didn't u quote @rekinomtla directly and tell her directly that she made no point? Oh I remember, she is a Christian and can spread hate without other Christians calling her out.

The fool whose greatest life achievement is posting on nairaland is trying to feel better by being reassured that she is somehow better than Hawkings.
Jesus is laughing at u clowns.

6 Likes

Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by MrBottle: 5:58pm On Mar 14, 2018
The gods of nairaland deciding who will burn in hell and who wouldn't. How Hawkins will be devoured by an imaginary hellfire he never believed in in the first place.
I am sick of you'all hypocritical Christians.
Get some treatment like this dude down here

6 Likes

Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by rekinomtla(m): 6:30pm On Mar 14, 2018
NPComplete:

Why didn't u quote @rekinomtla directly and tell her directly that she made no point? Oh I remember, she is a Christian and can spread hate without other Christians calling her out.

First off atheist, I'm not a "she", secondly I took my post down after I realized that it was disrespectful. And how about you criticize your many atheists buddies here who took the Anambra massarce as an opportunity to mock religous people? How about you criticize your atheists friends here who mocked Nabeel Qureshi's death? How about those trying to dig up dirt on Billy Graham when he passed, guess when the deceased is a Christian/theist, you couldn't care less.

The fool whose greatest life achievement is posting on nairaland is trying to feel better by being reassured that she is somehow better than Hawkings.

And here the insults come, typical from you atheists here on Nairaland. Last time you also resorted to insults when you incorrectly accused me of lying.
Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by Ranchhoddas: 6:45pm On Mar 14, 2018
Edenoscar2:
He was born on the 300th anniversary of Galileo's death and died at the same age as Einstein
It's almost as if Stephen chose this date on purpose...
You might be onto something you know.

God does not play dice with the Universe.
Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by Originakalokalo(m): 7:01pm On Mar 14, 2018
MaziOmenuko:

Lol...You may not even live up to the rip age of 76yrs with all your professed love for God. The doctors gave him 2yrs to live; you would have spent those 2 yrs in the church if it were you, but he never gave up on his atheistic views and went on to achieve what you will only read in papers. He lived for decades more than was expected and I am sure you would have called it God's miracle if he was a christian.

He was given more grace to repent...

and he blew it.
Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by NPComplete: 7:01pm On Mar 14, 2018
rekinomtla:

First off atheist, I'm not a "she", secondly I took my post down after I realized that it was disrespectful. And how about you criticize your many atheists buddies here who took the Anambra massarce as an opportunity to mock religous people? How about you criticize your atheists friends here who mocked Nabeel Qureshi's death? How about those trying to dig up dirt on Billy Graham when he passed, guess when the deceased is a Christian/theist, you couldn't care less.

And here the insults come, typical from you atheists here on Nairaland. Last time you also resorted to insults when you incorrectly accused me of lying.

If I am an atheist, then u are also a she. I can label u what I damn well please as well.
And I can assure u, if I saw any of those threads listed earlier, I would have called anyone involved out. The Qureshi thread I remember was the one started in response to the previous mocking of the death of Ahmed Deedat by Christians like Analice107. I even remember telling someone not to stoop to her level and insult the dead in that case.
This is not the first time I have seen u spreading bitter hate anyway. I stand by my word. Your greatest life achievement is posting on Nairaland. Claiming to be a Christian will not improve that.

4 Likes

Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by winner01(m): 7:17pm On Mar 14, 2018
NPComplete:

It doesn't matter who I quoted, both of them made no point as well as your ramblings.

No one is better than anyone, and Hawkings is not your uncle. Take care.
Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by MaziOmenuko: 7:34pm On Mar 14, 2018
Originakalokalo:

and he blew it.

Lol...what would have happened if he 'repented'? Would he have lived more than that age he died?

2 Likes

Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by NPComplete: 7:38pm On Mar 14, 2018
winner01:
It doesn't matter who I quoted, both of them made no point as well as your ramblings.

No one is better than anyone, and Hawkings is not your uncle. Take care.

He doesn't have to be for me to notice ur double standard. Nice try though. I will give u half a point for that failed attempt at deflection.

3 Likes

Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by winner01(m): 7:49pm On Mar 14, 2018
NPComplete:

He doesn't have to be for me to notice ur double standard. Nice try though. I will give u half a point for that failed attempt at deflection.
Notice it or not, you don't matter. Keep rambling...
Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by rekinomtla(m): 8:09pm On Mar 14, 2018
NPComplete:

If I am an atheist, then u are also a she. I can label u what I damn well please as well.

Ok

And I can assure u, if I saw any of those threads listed earlier, I would have called anyone involved out. The Qureshi thread I remember was the one started in response to the previous mocking of the death of Ahmed Deedat by Christians like Analice107. I even remember telling someone not to stoop to her level and insult the dead in that case.

I wonder if you ever called out any atheist on Nairaland before for lying or being disrespectful. You seem quick to accuse theists such as myself for such things.

Remeber how you attacked me when I said Albania was the first officially declared atheist nation, you and many other atheists claimed i was an ignorant liar, (you in particular being quite cocky about it grin) yet when I presented proof from the websites you people read incorrectly you all ran. I'm still waiting for an apology man, you can't just accuse me of lying then insult me, then when I prove I was correct act as if nothing happen.

This is not the first time I have seen u spreading bitter hate anyway.

This is not the first time I see you so quick to throw insults at theists, sure If I were an atheist it would just be a "hey bro let's respect the dead"

I stand by my word. Your greatest life achievement is posting on Nairaland.Claiming to be a Christian will not improve that

grin is this suppose to get under my skin?
Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by 4kings: 12:40am On Mar 15, 2018
Emmanystone:

He lived a painful miserable life. That was torture not life.
He had a disease that was suppose to kill him decades ago, but was strong enough to survive.

Inspite of that he had excelled in the scientific world and used his intellect more than abled bodied men like you would ever use even if given a 100 years to spare.

Fact remains that in this century and centuries to come his name will be written as one of the smartest men to live on earth and his life is an inspiration to many and more to come.

Have a little respect, regardless of your silly religious view. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by Nobody: 7:06am On Mar 15, 2018
I am not referring to all Christians,I'm particular to the ones on this thread,you can feel free to go and hug transformer,because Stephen Hawkings's life and achievements is celebrated by both Christians and non Christians,I have not seen a scenario were a scientist died and atheists were talking ill of him because he was a Christian but here is someone whose contribution is leading to people having a better understanding of the universe and getting inspired to learn and some folks think he is "useless and miserable" because he didn't follow their religion

Its funny,Islam says their religion is peace but no one ever thinks of peace when s/he thinks of Islam,Christians say their religion is love but the way Christians talk especially the ones on this thread you won't find an atom of love in their comments

5 Likes

Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by Emmanystone: 10:56am On Mar 15, 2018
4kings:

He had a disease that was suppose to kill him decades ago, but was strong enough to survive.

Inspite of that he had excelled in the scientific world and used his intellect more than abled bodied men like you would ever use even if given a 100 years to spare.

Fact remains that in this century and centuries to come his name will be written as one of the smartest men to live on earth and his life is an inspiration to many and more to come.

Have a little respect, regardless of your silly religious view. undecided
Have you for once stopped to think? If there is no God, what was the purpose of it all? Why did he have to live 76 torturous years on this earth? What was it all for? What does the legacy he left behind means?

Without God life has no meaning. Does it? If it does, pls tell me.

If we just are a bag of cells and bones which are here to eat, grow old die and it ends there, then life has no meaning and no significance, and if men have no purpose on earth, why then did he not take his life and safe himself from the torture he endured for 76 longs years. Why did he hold unto life?

If there is no God as he lived all his miserable life propagating, then he was a scientific accident, what then does his excellence in Science means. To what end? What was his driving force? Why did he fight so rigorously to control the minds of those he convince there was no God? What was his expectation?

He was a scientist, and such he failed many times in trying to get certain things right in the laboratory, he didn't give up until he got them right. Why did he do that? For what? What drove him to endure pain, failure, emotions, fear, guilt, pressure? All these points you to the future. The questions 'WHY?'

If he were a mistake, then all you have written about him is nonsense.

Now he has succumbed to the higher power, death. No matter how intelligent he was, it means nothing now.

Jesus equated the entire world with just one soul. For your soul means a lot to you. Now he wld understand what eternity means.
Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by jFrankNorfleet: 11:12am On Mar 15, 2018
Emmanystone:

Have you for once stopped to think? If there is no God, what was the purpose of it all?

4 Likes

Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by 1Sharon(f): 11:32am On Mar 15, 2018
rekinomtla:

Why did you now delete ur comment?
Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by 4kings: 11:36am On Mar 15, 2018
Emmanystone:

Have you for once stopped to think? If there is no God, what was the purpose of it all? Why did he have to live 76 torturous years on this earth? What was it all for? What does the legacy he left behind means?

Without God life has no meaning. Does it? If it does, pls tell me.

If we just are a bag of cells and bones which are here to eat, grow old die and it ends there, then life has no meaning and no significance, and if men have no purpose on earth, why then did he not take his life and safe himself from the torture he endured for 76 longs years. Why did he hold unto life?

If there is no God as he lived all his miserable life propagating, then he was a scientific accident, what then does his excellence in Science means. To what end? What was his driving force? Why did he fight so rigorously to control the minds of those he convince there was no God? What was his expectation?

He was a scientist, and such he failed many times in trying to get certain things right in the laboratory, he didn't give up until he got them right. Why did he do that? For what? What drove him to endure pain, failure, emotions, fear, guilt, pressure? All these points you to the future. The questions 'WHY?'

If he were a mistake, then all you have written about him is nonsense.

Now he has succumbed to the higher power, death. No matter how intelligent he was, it means nothing now.

Jesus equated the entire world with just one soul. For your soul means a lot to you. Now he wld understand what eternity means.
My guy you're too Myopic it's almost unbelievable.
After all this time of interacting with intellectuals in this section and you're still thinking like this. Na wa ooo

Everyone determines their life purpose not some spiritual books, if you choose to constrain yourself to a book then that's fine.

Stephen Hawkings spent his life studying the cosmos and quantum gravity, part of his life's purpose was understanding how the universe came to be, and he contributed a great deal to that body of knowledge than it was before his existence.
After a 1000 years to come his studies and research will still be a point of reference in the scientific community and that was part of his purpose.

Today, people like Aubrey De Grey which i'm connected with on LinkedIn have been advancing in research on immortality and anti-aging, part of his life's purpose is to study how to manipulate our biological makeup to live for an extended period of time even to make us immortal. Today his institute SENS Research is one of the most outstanding research firms in the world and have been making successes in their research from the papers and videos they've been publishing.

Others are exploring possiblities of storing the data in the human brain to an exteranal storage for virtual life after death, that's part of their life's purpose.
And many more...

When they go back to their homes and meet their kids and wives they see another purpose which is taking a good care of them.

Mr. Man you so so so Myopic for this stupid response.

Before the jews existed to form a tribe, there were centuries of other tribes before them and also other religions that had never come in contact with them, what would you say their purpose is since they don't believe in your God?

So only christians have purpose in life abi? Carry on. undecided

1 Like

Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by jFrankNorfleet: 11:38am On Mar 15, 2018
winner01:

Would you tell me one single thing that's confined to Christianity?

I'm sure if Hawking were a Christian you would've blasted us with your useless memes on how its his faith in your god that enabled him survive this long and achieve so much. heck, you would've even created a thread on him but since he was an atheist you'll sing a different tune. talk about eating cake and having it

2 Likes

Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by 4kings: 11:51am On Mar 15, 2018
jFrankNorfleet:

Would you tell me one single thing that's confined to Christianity?

I'm sure if Hawking were a Christian you would've blasted us with your useless memes on how its his faith in your god that enabled him survive this long and achieve so much. heck, you would've even created a thread on him but since he was an atheist you'll sing a different tune. talk about eating cake and having it
@bolded says it all.
Don't mind these guys jare...

1 Like

Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by dalaman: 11:55am On Mar 15, 2018
4kings:

After all this time of interacting with intellectuals in this section and you're still thinking like this. Na wa ooo

Everyone determines their life purpose not some spiritual books, if you choose to constrain yourself to a book then that's fine.

Stephen Hawkings spent his life studying the cosmos and quantum gravity, part of his life's purpose was understanding how the universe came to be, and he contributed a great deal to that body of knowledge than it was before his existence.
After a 1000 years to come his studies and research will still be a point of reference in the scientific community and that was part of his purpose.

Today, people like Aubrey De Grey which i'm connected with on LinkedIn have been advancing in research on immortality and anti-aging, part of his life's purpose is to study how to manipulate our biological makeup to live for an extended period of time even to make us immortal. Today his institute SENS Research is one of the most outstanding research firms in the world and have been making successes in their research from the papers and videos they've been publishing.

Others are exploring possiblities of storing the data in the human brain to an exteranal storage for virtual life after death, that's part of their life's purpose.
And many more...

When they go back to their homes and meet their kids and wives they see another purpose which is taking a good care of them.

Before the jews existed to form a tribe, there were centuries of other tribes before them and also other religions that had never come in contact with them, what would you say their purpose is since they don't believe in your God?

You didn't have to respond to that waste of space.

1 Like

Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by jFrankNorfleet: 11:57am On Mar 15, 2018
Originakalokalo:

and he blew it.

Allah is also giving you more opportunities to repent, don't blow it
Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by 4kings: 12:13pm On Mar 15, 2018
dalaman:

You didn't have to respond to that waste of space.
Abi... The guy case tire me sef.
Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by Emmanystone: 12:49pm On Mar 15, 2018
4kings:

Everyone determines their life purpose not some spiritual books, if you choose to constrain yourself to a book then that's fine
Shiiiiiiit on things. This guy really believes he is intelligent for not believing in the Bible. Haaaa. What a tragedy!

4kings:

After a 1000 years to come his studies and research will still be a point of reference in the scientific community and that was part of his purpose
Mr Intelligent Man, Did you see tje WHY quesrion i asked? why did you jump over all the quesrions i asked you? Are their answers in the Bible?

What were his contribution's pls?. So how did the world came to be according to you.
4kings:

Today, people like Aubrey De Grey which i'm connected with on LinkedIn have been advancing in research on immortality and anti-aging, part of his life's purpose is to study how to manipulate our biological makeup to live for an extended period of time even to make us immortal.
He is advancing/working on a research to manipulate something which already exists. Shouldn't he, the intelligent Man tell us what causes aging in first place?

shdn't he just deactivated Time which causes Aging and. Death? He working work to understand, but doesn't know how these things came to be.

Lolzzzzzzzzzzs. You think you just made sesne.
4kings:

Today his institute SENS Research is one of the most outstanding research firms in the world and have been making successes in their research from the papers and videos they've been publishing.
What is this for? Their researches are geared towards the advancement of life on earth, for what purpose? Just live?

4kings:

And many more...

There's where your intelligence ends, after dead. Pls tell to them to work to stop Time and death entirely.
4kings:

Mr Intelligence, you have not told me what all their 'purposes' are for. What is the meaning of Life. They are doing all of that for WHAT?

After everything, they succumb to death, why?

4kings:

Here is an Intelligent man who calls me myopic exposing his myopia.

So before Abraham was chosen to birth the Nation of Israel YHWH wasn't there and had not Dealt with men?

Shey Job was Jew? Noah was Jew?

If you were intelligent as you claim, you should have asked what Purpose is.Again, the purpose i used here is not per what we are here individually to do.

I asked you why the Big Bang (Your theoey not mine) happened? Is it for no reason? Was it an accident? If it was, then why are you guys all out trying to do all you said here? Why did Hawkins suffer the pains he endured. Life has no meaning then why keep trying to get things right after a record of failures.

Instead of answering that, you dey jump from here to there like a man standing on soldier ants.

You no go commot from here?
Re: Scientist Stephen Hawking Dies Aged 76 by Emmanystone: 1:02pm On Mar 15, 2018
jFrankNorfleet:

Unless you assume a God, the question of Life's purpose is meaningless

Bertrand Russelll, Atheist.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Does The Muslims Do Not Pray In English. / Rigor And Biblical Exegesis / Speaking In Tongues?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.