Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Nigeria Is Sick And Empty, A laughing stock- Wole Soyinka - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Sick And Empty, A laughing stock- Wole Soyinka (26229 Views)

Buhari Has Fallen Sick And Is Now Been Treated At The Presidential Villa / Imo Was A Laughing Stock Under Okorocha – Uzodinma / Jonathan Made Nigeria A Laughing Stock – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is Sick And Empty, A laughing stock- Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 8:55pm On Mar 15, 2018
If u want them to unite and love Nigeria.... Mention BIAFRA IS COMING

ANIMALS TRAINED TO DEFEND A DYING ENTITY WHEN NECESSARY

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Sick And Empty, A laughing stock- Wole Soyinka by chuckjonesautos: 8:55pm On Mar 15, 2018
BlackPantherxXx:
Waiting for IPOB youths to whine and rant about someone who fought for Biafra's cause

Go and sit down my friend.. OFF POINT!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Sick And Empty, A laughing stock- Wole Soyinka by chichar1(f): 8:56pm On Mar 15, 2018
Nigeria is sick,empty and also a laughing stock, it's a courtesy of an idiot,charlatan, nonentity, demon,slowpoke, terrorist, stock fish, evil doer,bastard,maggot, dirty pig,criminal, and drunkard called MUHAMMADU BUHARIA

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Sick And Empty, A laughing stock- Wole Soyinka by Alariiwo: 8:57pm On Mar 15, 2018
Hope Soyinka is not going the Odumakin and FFK way..

The same Igbos putting silly Ideas in your head will still sing Hausa/Fulani praise later. It's what they always do.

Soyinka should choose his words wisely and speak like a reasonable omoluabi not osu like Uzor Kalu.
Re: Nigeria Is Sick And Empty, A laughing stock- Wole Soyinka by Chukazu: 9:01pm On Mar 15, 2018
thundafire:
Didn't u vote him mumu

At least he has realized his misdeeds and he is better than those zombies on this Forum who still can not see the handwriting

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Sick And Empty, A laughing stock- Wole Soyinka by evy800(f): 9:01pm On Mar 15, 2018
three:
This man is simply mocking Nigerians
He is not saying anything we don't already kw...Nigeria as a country is a joke,we need 2 make things work am nt so sure we would survive another decade at this rate

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Sick And Empty, A laughing stock- Wole Soyinka by ooshinibos: 9:05pm On Mar 15, 2018
i concur , the problem Buhari cannot solved , I don't think anybody can fix it , Nigeria is on its way - fill in the gaps-

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Sick And Empty, A laughing stock- Wole Soyinka by EarthXmetahuman: 9:05pm On Mar 15, 2018
itchie:
Nothing good can come out of a country built on injustice, inequity and sectionalism. Nigeria is not a normal country, it is a joke and a mockery of what a country should be
how did you know he voted him?

Super mumu
Re: Nigeria Is Sick And Empty, A laughing stock- Wole Soyinka by joeyswift(m): 9:07pm On Mar 15, 2018
Coming from somebody who solidly stood behind buhari in 2015. Sir you are also a part of the problem in this shit hole

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Sick And Empty, A laughing stock- Wole Soyinka by oladele00(m): 9:09pm On Mar 15, 2018
He was busy condemning goodluck back then and voted for this clueless being called bubu... Stupid people everywhere .

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Sick And Empty, A laughing stock- Wole Soyinka by kernel504(m): 9:10pm On Mar 15, 2018
prospero5:
the country is bad.
let's try restructuring to see if it will work.

I'm laughing in Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Sick And Empty, A laughing stock- Wole Soyinka by Mutemenot(m): 9:10pm On Mar 15, 2018
I wonder the kind of elders we have in this coubtry . He should apologize to Nigerians first cos he's among those that elevated our faith in bubu.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Sick And Empty, A laughing stock- Wole Soyinka by kernel504(m): 9:12pm On Mar 15, 2018
BlackPantherxXx:
Waiting for IPOB youths to whine and rant about someone who fought for Biafra's cause

Biafra: He's right. The nation is on retrogression, that's why the wise will be saved.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Sick And Empty, A laughing stock- Wole Soyinka by Tunks2017(m): 9:12pm On Mar 15, 2018

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Sick And Empty, A laughing stock- Wole Soyinka by COOL10(m): 9:13pm On Mar 15, 2018
Stallion93:
Nigeria is gone, She's a ship wreck going down so everyone is just salvaging what he/she can and jump. The only way to keep us afloat is to bring the whites back to work with us in our government hand in hand. I lived in Eastern Europe for a while and really the white man has a conscience
. It's so sad but you do have a point. I once thought about it this way :If Nigeria is given to a man like Trump,what will be the outcome?. And then I answered 'a massive turnaround'.
Re: Nigeria Is Sick And Empty, A laughing stock- Wole Soyinka by thundafire: 9:19pm On Mar 15, 2018
BlakKluKluxKlan:

Your monkey parents are mumu hence they gave birth to a slowpoke in you.
atleast am not a zombie with worms filled brain like u

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Sick And Empty, A laughing stock- Wole Soyinka by godwin120alex: 9:24pm On Mar 15, 2018
Sir you promoted this bad govt so you can resist d passage of hate speech not d youths. The youths have not enjoyed dinner of over 5m like you enjoyed during Ameachi administration in Rivers State.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Sick And Empty, A laughing stock- Wole Soyinka by highbee02: 9:28pm On Mar 15, 2018
mexxmoney:
Renowned Nobel Laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka has described Nigeria as sick and empty, deserving of the term “shithole” as described by United States President, Donald Trump.

Soyinka said this while speaking at the Ripples Nigerian Dialogue titled “Rebuilding trust in a Divided Nigeria,” held at The Wheatbaker Hotel in Ikoyi, Lagos.

“We have become laughing stocks in the eyes of the public.

“We have earned the term of shithole. Nigeria is sick and empty. Some retrogressive forces won’t just stop. Everything Nigeria touches rusts.”

He condemned the humiliation of Nigerians by military personnel, stating that the humiliation of Nigerians led him to relocating abroad.

“The treatment of Nigerians by the military led me to relocating to a saner clime. I remember invading Obasanjo’s residence in Lagos and challenging him concerning the way Nigerians were being treated. It is a disgrace to us, as a nation. We have been left behind in nearly every field.

“There are lessons to be learnt from the diaspora. We need to peep across the Atlantic to see how other countries have been faring,” Soyinka said.

Drawing illustrations from his lecture titled “From Miyetti to Haiti: Notes from a Solidarity Visit,” Soyinka emphasized the need to end slavery in our society.

Soyinka emphasized the need of looking in the mirror to solve Nigerian problems and encouraged youths to resist the passage of the Hate Speech bill.

The round table featured Soyinka, Professor Pat Utomi, represented by Mr Rasheed Adegbenro, Ex Governor Peter Obi and Dr. (Mrs) Abiola Akiyode-Afolabi.

The session was moderated by former Presidential spokesman Reuben Abati.

http://thenationonlineng.net/nigeria-sick-empty-wole-soyinka/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Sick And Empty, A laughing stock- Wole Soyinka by omoluka: 9:29pm On Mar 15, 2018
yeyerolling:
If u love ur unborn and born kids. Start planning ur canada migration

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Sick And Empty, A laughing stock- Wole Soyinka by omoluka: 9:30pm On Mar 15, 2018
yeyerolling:
If u love ur unborn and born kids. Start planning ur canada migration
Na so joor

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Sick And Empty, A laughing stock- Wole Soyinka by Stallion93(m): 9:31pm On Mar 15, 2018
COOL10:
. It's so sad but you do have a point. I once thought about it this way :If Nigeria is given to a man like Trump,what will be the outcome?. And then I answered 'a massive turnaround'.
Sure bro, we have failed woefully, it's funny to see people hoping if a different party comes into power things will change, Our mediocrity has eaten deep into coming generations. Why not give the whites a chance and see how far that will go? Mandela was wise enough not to talk about ousting the whites and u see the result today
Re: Nigeria Is Sick And Empty, A laughing stock- Wole Soyinka by Azam101: 9:33pm On Mar 15, 2018
Madmen everywhere! Soyinka is a beast.
Re: Nigeria Is Sick And Empty, A laughing stock- Wole Soyinka by talk2percy(m): 9:34pm On Mar 15, 2018
Shithole country...one American visited Nigeria recently and lost his job. Tufiakwa! Nigeria is finished! Buhari has finished Nigeria! Shithole president

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Sick And Empty, A laughing stock- Wole Soyinka by jeroba1(m): 9:41pm On Mar 15, 2018
but Soyinka u self vote for him now.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Sick And Empty, A laughing stock- Wole Soyinka by COOL10(m): 9:43pm On Mar 15, 2018
Stallion93:
Sure bro, we have failed woefully, it's funny to see people hoping if a different party comes into power things will change, Our mediocrity has eaten deep into coming generations. Why not give the whites a chance and see how far that will go? Mandela was wise enough not to talk about ousting the whites and u see the result today
. Well you know we Nigerians are very proud people and defensive too. We love to cover up our dirt forgetting that it'll smell no matter what. But who will save us,the old ones remain inactive on active seats,the young ones are being threatened and intimidated too. I detest talking about politics but I just recently heard about the bill seeking permission to be passed into law concerning hanging 'hate speech' offenders and that pissed me off!!!. These people are slowly but steadily taking away our rights as individuals. They're trying to shut us up. In no time,there'll be little or no criticism against the government. I don taya. Which kind country be this? It's a joke of a nation. Mehn,my children will definitely won't be born here. I won't let them suffer such.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Sick And Empty, A laughing stock- Wole Soyinka by COOL10(m): 9:45pm On Mar 15, 2018
Stallion93:

Well you know we Nigerians are very proud people and defensive too. We love to cover up our dirt forgetting that it'll smell no matter what. But who will save us,the old ones remain inactive on active seats,the young ones are being threatened and intimidated too. I detest talking about politics but I just recently heard about the bill seeking permission to be passed into law concerning hanging 'hate speech' offenders and that pissed me off!!!. These people are slowly but steadily taking away our rights as individuals. They're trying to shut us up. In no time,there'll be little or no criticism against the government. I don taya. Which kind country be this? It's a joke of a nation. Mehn,my children will definitely won't be born here. I won't let them suffer such.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Sick And Empty, A laughing stock- Wole Soyinka by skallion7(m): 9:45pm On Mar 15, 2018
He's a bastard
Re: Nigeria Is Sick And Empty, A laughing stock- Wole Soyinka by Stallion93(m): 10:06pm On Mar 15, 2018
COOL10:

Well you know we Nigerians are very proud people and defensive too. We love to cover up our dirt forgetting that it'll smell no matter what. But who will save us,the old ones remain inactive on active seats,the young ones are being threatened and intimidated too. I detest talking about politics but I just recently heard about the bill seeking permission to be passed into law concerning hanging 'hate speech' offenders and that pissed me off!!!. These people are slowly but steadily taking away our rights as individuals. They're trying to shut us up. In no time,there'll be little or no criticism against the government. I don taya. Which kind country be this? It's a joke of a nation. Mehn,my children will definitely won't be born here. I won't let them suffer such.
Really it feels like Demons are in power, all their endeavors is too make the people suffer and force them to live below human standards, so demonic! I already made the decision not to even get married to a Nigerian woman, I'm scared of my blackness bro then how can i bring another black child into this Nigeria to go to what school? What health care or What security? What financial assurance do i even have? What life in general? Nothing man!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Sick And Empty, A laughing stock- Wole Soyinka by Stallion93(m): 10:07pm On Mar 15, 2018
COOL10:

Please let's start a rant on Twitter #bringbackthewhites

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Sick And Empty, A laughing stock- Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 15, 2018
When the head is sick, the body rots.
Re: Nigeria Is Sick And Empty, A laughing stock- Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 10:34pm On Mar 15, 2018
"Some retrogressive forces wont just stop"
"Everything Nigeria touches rust"
"Nigeria is sick and empty"

If prof. Soyinka made those statements in quotes as reported, I think he is not plain enough about the ways out. All he suggested has solutions aren't new, Nigeria problem is immuned to grammar and "talktalk".

A mad approach is urgently required @this moment, a mad somebody is needed to say some mad things that will inject some madness into the Masses and deal with the mad retrogressive forces that refused to stop.

Don't ask me what exactly am I suggesting, I only know of approaches that will never work. But one thing is certain, "only madness can solve this problem"
Re: Nigeria Is Sick And Empty, A laughing stock- Wole Soyinka by josef1(m): 10:44pm On Mar 15, 2018
A country which her president is sick and empty, what else do you expect? cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Will Probe Fayose's Activities For The Past Four Years -- Fayemi / How PDP/APC Rig Elections: Ekiti Rigging Meeting Leaked Audio - SaharaReporters / Police Use Helium For #changebeginswithme Campaign(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.