Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

5 Disadvantages Of Dating A Rich Guy - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Disadvantages Of Dating A Rich Guy (21773 Views)

I Can Never Date A Short Man, I need Tall, Fair, handsome Rich Guy - Slay Queen / 2 Nigerian Facebook Slay Queens Fight Dirty Over Rich Guy, He Reacts / Nothing Is More Painful Than Seeing Your Girlfriend Dating A Rich Guy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Dating A Rich Guy by jaxxy(m): 1:38pm On Mar 16, 2018
DrinkLimca:
Op you are 1000% wrong..
Dumping of ladies and the reasons you gave cut across both poor guys too...

Even a poor guy will dump a lady that is a financial burden..

And there are rich guys that will get married to ladies that has nothing,, All rich guys must not marry rich ladies,, it's a relationship decision that involves what the rich guy sees in the poor lady that will make him to marry her....

So whether rich or poor., it's advisable as a lady to be financial independent..

Im with the op on this even tho i see ur point. Lets me explain...

Most gals dat want to date rich guys and are not rich themselves do dat cos of the money mostly and the truth sadly is dat dey always do a terrible job hiding it. Rich guys know this cos they see it every day and they know how to play that game wink chances of him dumping her is 98%

If the gal is rich herself then we can atleast rule out money and claim its love or sm other thing.

Very few people love u for u or for the right reasons u will be surprised. Sm people's sincerity are in serious doubt. Both guys and ladies

If those rich guys lost the money 2moro will those gals still love them?? 21Questions.
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Dating A Rich Guy by Lionessza(f): 1:38pm On Mar 16, 2018
XhosaNostra:

I can relate so much to that. Preach!

tongue

1 Like

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Dating A Rich Guy by XhosaNostra(f): 1:40pm On Mar 16, 2018
Opentokwowledge:
That's about the best thing I could do, Have you thought about visiting a counsellor or someone that has LIVED about this, tho?

I did in high school for two years & twice as an adult. Going to counselling sessions is not easy. It's not just about the talking, you have to be willing to explore your feelings & their source. That's the difficult part. It makes you uncomfortable. I know I have a lot of issues, I'm just not willing to ride the emotional wave as expected by them. I shut down & stop going.
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Dating A Rich Guy by gidicouture: 1:43pm On Mar 16, 2018
MissCokie:
Hello everyone, my name is Miss Cokie. We Girls are gold diggers by default, and only the reasonable ones tend to struggle for a personal self esteem and respect.

Here are (5) five disadvantages of dating a rich guy: .

1. Used And Dumped: If you pour an old wine inside a new wine, we all know what's going to happen?. Oh yes, you guessed right. He will use you and dump you.

2. He Won't Marry You: Rich guys don't marry a liability. For heavan sake you're a broke girl, reaping from where you did not sow. A rich guy would only marry a rich girl, who can share financial burdens with him.

3. You Will Be A Laughing Stock: This one is self explanatory. We have fish stock, beef stock , chicken stock, and rich guys love all of them, but what they don't like is a laughing stock.

4. You're A Consumer Not A Creator: Imagine going out on a date with a rich guy, and your broke ass consumes 10 raps of moi moi , chicken bread, pizza and big size coke. Rich girls don't eat like a Buffalo.

5. Experimental Site: Breast harvesting, legs and hand harvest, skull harvesting is still rampant, please don't fall victims all in the bid to date or marry a rich guy. A rich guy will show you pepper because he knows you're nothing but a gold digger hustling to dig gold in his life, therefore he would be prepared to harvest you, since he already sowed his seed.

Hello to the real women out there, working effortlessly day and night to become a rich lady. Your hustle will be fulfilled someday. You will meet a rich guy that will cherish and love you.

far from d truth
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Dating A Rich Guy by Princedapace(m): 1:59pm On Mar 16, 2018
Lionessza:

No one here is encouraging laziness,I think you are projecting. Judging from your story , you overlooked all other ladies that would have helped you grow your money , by bringing her own ideas and energy and chose to date a lazy thinker , an uninspired individual without drive . So you see, you made that choice now live with it. There are men with money who wouldn't settle for what you settled for, they come with the money and choose the lady who will help diversify his business interests instead of just being a leech.

You made your choice, let others make theirs .

You can still work with a broke guy.. most broke guys didnt climp to the top with the help of a rich lady. So, why cant ladies also climb to the top without the help of rich guy? U can get to the top without dating a rich man.. that is the point. I didnt get to where i am today becus i dated a rich lady anytime in my life.

after all, we are all humans..i thought u all said we are equal? Most men today who are made never dated a rich lady to help them become rich..lol to some ladies sef..
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Dating A Rich Guy by Nobody: 2:03pm On Mar 16, 2018
MhizAJ:
I can't date/marry a broke guy

It's not gonn ever happen!!!

I am not a gold digger...stop generalising

I don't see any disadvantage in being with a rich guy

Rich guys any day any time

There is nothing wrong with wanting to date a comfortable man. It is reasonable. No one likes to suffer. The problem is that majority of ladies with your kind of mentality will dump the rich guy once he encounters some financial challenges in future. That is why it never crosses the mind of we rich and serious guys to date people like you. No offence meant

1 Like

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Dating A Rich Guy by Strikethem: 2:04pm On Mar 16, 2018
MhizAJ:

But you said all girls are gold diggers
that's not true
Read well, she said all broke girls are gold diggers. Which is very apt.
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Dating A Rich Guy by Lionessza(f): 2:09pm On Mar 16, 2018
Princedapace:

You can still work with a broke guy.. most broke guys didnt climp to the top with the help of a rich lady. So, why cant ladies also climb to the top without the help of rich guy? U can get to the top without dating a rich man.. that is the point. I didnt get to where i am today becus i dated a rich lady anytime in my life.

after all, we are all humans..i thought u all said we are equal? Most men today who are made never dated a rich lady to help them become rich..lol to some ladies sef..

Like I said I prefer not to take any chances with a broke guy , it's a personal choice just like you chose a lazy person for a gf. I don't mind starting something from the ground up with someone in the same working class as me , infact I believe that's the ideal partnership for me. But I will certainly not take my chances with a broke guy . Btw , there are guys who got their starup capital from dating womem that were well off. There are also many women who never had a guy's support who are now millionaires .

1 Like

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Dating A Rich Guy by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 16, 2018
Lionessza:

LMFAO, exactly. I hate this notion that broke guys are good guys . What a bloody lie, broke guys are only humble because of their circumstances. Infact men who come from poverty stricken backgrounds tend to be the biggest oppressors when they finally " make it". I'm sorry but being used by a guy who gives me nothing but attention and jokes, would drive me to suicide grin. What lesson would I come out of the relationship with ? That I'm dumb? grin.

Daaayyuuuummm! such savagery....

1 Like

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Dating A Rich Guy by olaboy1: 2:14pm On Mar 16, 2018
Princedapace:

Well, I don't think it is about rich or broke guys. In her last line, said, work hard and be rich and rich guys too will love u naturally!

She is trying to preach against the convent of being lazy and hope to find one maga to hammer on. That is so becoming of naija ladies

My gf whom I'm will be engaging next month, when she was in her early years in school, I asked her to think of any business she can do and I will sponsor it. But she refused. I send her monthly money for upkeep and take care of her other needs, including school needs. Now, I want ti start a business for her and send her to training institution which will cost me 100k alone for the training!

I used to tease her. Like baby, if I don't send u money for two months, will u still love me? The fact remains that up to this moment, I feel deep down that she is with me becus I do take good care of her! And I av this deep fear that she may not be strong enough to support me too in the future so I work extra hard sef.

Naija ladies need to learn to hustle and hope true love comes. It is becoming of em ladies here to see a rich guy as a prayer answered. We need to teach our next generation how to work and earn on their own.

Intelligent and hard working girls are rare compare to guys. Most girls here are mentally lazy and liability.

You sir have just written the reality on ground. I am still trying to understand why this is so.
I think Nigerian men are the root cause of this problem because we’ve made our women so lazy that they want everything to be served for them.
Nigerian women abroad don’t expect the guys to pay their bills and so they need to double the hustle.
Let your girl know you want to settle down with a lady that has entrepreneurial skills, and loan her 500k and see what she does with it in 6 months. If she can’t turn that money over, I think you should consider a new partner.

These Instagram millennials have no skills like hat making, bag making, home decor DIY etc, they always need a man to excite them and make them laugh 24/7 while still enjoying telemundo at the same time.

We need to put fire for dem “yansh”

2 Likes

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Dating A Rich Guy by Reelmii: 2:22pm On Mar 16, 2018
XhosaNostra:
#1 I'd still rather be used & dumped by a rich guy. I don't think I'd ever get over the shock of being used & dumped by a penniless church rat grin

Chai, I'd kill myself!
and wat will happen wen d penniless church rat becomes a billionaire tomorrow, I am sure u wouldn't mind going back to beg him..... this is y yahoo plus ritual is still on d high side
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Dating A Rich Guy by Princedapace(m): 2:26pm On Mar 16, 2018
olaboy1:

You sir have just written the reality on ground. I am still trying to understand why this is so.
I think Nigerian men are the root cause of this problem because we’ve made our women so lazy that they want everything to be served for them.
Nigerian women abroad don’t expect the guys to pay their bills and so they need to double the hustle.
Let your girl know you want to settle down with a lady that has entrepreneurial skills, and loan her 500k and see what she does with it in 6 months. If she can’t turn that money over, I think you should consider a new partner.

This Instagram millennials have no skills like hat making, bag making, home decor DIY etc, they always need a man to excite them and make them laugh 24/7 while still enjoying telemundo at the same time.

We need to put fire for dem “yansh”

im setting business for her soon and i will closely monitor how she will turn that out. Nigerian ladies, most of them are mentally lazy. I know what im saying. I have some foreigners as friends.. their ladies work hard and understand that love is not trade by batter. They understand that love is partnership.. here, ladies pray to marry rich men to escape poverty. It is sad.. And we really made most of them lazy, seriously. All becus naija men love sex too much.
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Dating A Rich Guy by XhosaNostra(f): 2:33pm On Mar 16, 2018
Reelmii:
and wat will happen wen d penniless church rat becomes a billionaire tomorrow, I am sure u wouldn't mind going back to beg him..... this is y yahoo plus ritual is still on d high side

I don't care. He can go spend it on people who give a damn.

1 Like

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Dating A Rich Guy by Reelmii: 2:36pm On Mar 16, 2018
XhosaNostra:

I don't care. He can go spend it on people who give a damn.
hmmmm, actions speaks louder dan words, it is easier said dan done
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Dating A Rich Guy by awakeuche(m): 2:46pm On Mar 16, 2018
XhosaNostra:
#1 I'd still rather be used & dumped by a rich guy. I don't think I'd ever get over the shock of being used & dumped by a penniless church rat grin

Chai, I'd kill myself!
This made me laugh..... Very honest.... I have this female friend who one time wanted to go meet her very rich guy and was so ashamed of her handbag which by all means was a very fine bag (Turns out the said rich guy had told her to only wear designer handbags when she was with him). She couldn't even look me in the eye when I told her that if a man likes you.... The quality of your handbag means Little.... She was so desperate to please this dude and I even helped her sometimes but we both knew this was heading nowhere..... They are engaged now and she still calls me to tell me his many infidelities, and I encourage her......
She finally told me one day that she'd rather marry an unfaithful rich guy than suffer in her life.... I laughed and wished her much luck....
What you said reminded me of this friend of mine.

1 Like

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Dating A Rich Guy by XhosaNostra(f): 2:50pm On Mar 16, 2018
awakeuche:

This made me laugh..... Very honest.... I have this female friend who one time wanted to go meet her very rich guy and was so ashamed of her handbag which by all means was a very fine bag (Turns out the said rich guy had told her to only wear designer handbags when she was with him). She couldn't even look me in the eye when I told her that if a man likes you.... The quality of your handbag means Little.... She was so desperate to please this dude and I even helped her sometimes but we both knew this was heading nowhere..... They are engaged now and she still calls me to tell me his many infidelities, and I encourage her......
She finally told me one day that she'd rather marry an unfaithful rich guy than suffer in her life.... I laughed and wished her much luck....
What you said reminded me of this friend of mine.

Yeah, but I'm nothing like her. I can never put money above my own happiness. Never. Nothing is worth being in a miserable relationship for.

1 Like

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Dating A Rich Guy by awakeuche(m): 2:58pm On Mar 16, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Yeah, but I'm nothing like her. I can never put money above my own happiness. Never. Nothing is worth being in a miserable relationship for.
Good for you

1 Like

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Dating A Rich Guy by olaboy1: 2:58pm On Mar 16, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Are you Swedish? I asked because of your posts that you like to run away from people and spend time alone.
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Dating A Rich Guy by XhosaNostra(f): 3:06pm On Mar 16, 2018
olaboy1:

Are you Swedish? I asked because of your posts that you like to run away from people and spend time alone.

No. Swedes do that?
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Dating A Rich Guy by olaboy1: 3:11pm On Mar 16, 2018
XhosaNostra:

No. Swedes do that?

100%. You should move here. Swedes try as much as possible to avoid any human social contacts, they prefer to take a walk in the forest, they look at the door hole before going out so they don’t meet any neighbors. Sounds like your kind of personality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvFZULPiiuk
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Dating A Rich Guy by XhosaNostra(f): 3:17pm On Mar 16, 2018
olaboy1:

100%. You should move here. Swedes try as much as possible to avoid any human social contacts, they prefer to take a walk in the forest, they look at the door hole before going out so they don’t meet any neighbors. Sounds like your kind of personality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvFZULPiiuk

Lol, that's interesting. I wouldn't be able to survive there. I like to have people around, I just don't like to interact sometimes. Their conversations with each other is my way of interacting. I people watch & eavesdrop a lot grin
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Dating A Rich Guy by Dafreeguy(m): 3:24pm On Mar 16, 2018
MhizAJ:
I can't date/marry a broke guy

It's not gonn ever happen!!!

I am not a gold digger...stop generalising

I don't see any disadvantage in being with a rich guy

Rich guys any day any time

This wan future ambition is to miraculously marry a rich dude..I guess u still need to read more money-ritual stories b4 u rethink
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Dating A Rich Guy by Martin0(m): 3:27pm On Mar 16, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Lol, that's interesting. I wouldn't be able to survive there. I like to have people around, I just don't like to interact sometimes. Their conversations with each other is my way of interacting. I people watch & eavesdrop a lot grin

she's acting just like me,grin
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Dating A Rich Guy by XhosaNostra(f): 3:31pm On Mar 16, 2018
Martin0:

she's acting just like me,grin

Who?
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Dating A Rich Guy by Martin0(m): 3:35pm On Mar 16, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Who?
the lady in that video
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Dating A Rich Guy by XhosaNostra(f): 3:36pm On Mar 16, 2018
Martin0:

the lady in that video

You peep through doors? shocked
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Dating A Rich Guy by Martin0(m): 5:12pm On Mar 16, 2018
XhosaNostra:

You peep through doors? shocked

yeah because the ladies around are just too much and they greet too much ,i just have to peep before going out, while I was with my parents it was part of me,gringrin

I remember one time my mother started her noise in my house for my neighbours to see she's around and because she knew quite well I don't like neighbours seeing me.grin
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Dating A Rich Guy by Queenserah26(f): 5:34pm On Mar 16, 2018
Like seriously
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Dating A Rich Guy by XhosaNostra(f): 5:40pm On Mar 16, 2018
Martin0:

yeah because the ladies around are just too much and they greet too much ,i just have to peep before going out, while I was with my parents it was part of me,gringrin

I remember one time my mother started her noise in my house for my neighbours to see she's around and because she knew quite well I don't like neighbours seeing me.grin

Hahaha. You must be cute tongue
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Dating A Rich Guy by Martin0(m): 5:51pm On Mar 16, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Hahaha. You must be cute tongue
hia and also poor too, so what your kinda type

1 Like

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Dating A Rich Guy by ImaIma1(f): 1:10am On Mar 17, 2018
What is with this trend?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

He Doesn't Have A Job But Wants To Date. / Help - My Relationship Is Threatened By Religious Differences / My Husband Mistakenly Shared This My Nakked Pic On His Staff Page (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.