Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,804 members, 7,827,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Islam vs Christianity. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam vs Christianity. (3104 Views)

Alcohol And Gambling (Islam Vs Christianity) / Egypt Vs Christianity / Atheism VS Christianity, Which One Is A Result Of Indoctrination? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam vs Christianity. by ayili: 12:55am On Mar 19, 2018
Toks2008:

The term Christian was first used by Pagans in antioch and YES I agree that if you are christ like then you are a true Christian but today the world has INSTITUTIONALIZED the word Christian which is not the same as the meaning of the "christ like" but a religion.
How is Christianity been institutionalized?? Besides Since you say there is a difference between Christianity and being Christ-Like then I urge you to be more Christ-like but mind you, one cannot be Christ-like and behave Mohammad-like , one cannot be Christ-like and behave like an atheist No you can't serve two masters at the same time (Mathew 6:24)

There is no place in the scriptures that says you must belong to Christianity before you can make heaven but to accept Jesus as your lord and saviour.
#But there is a place in the scriptures that says you should leave your old ways of life and identify with the Christ-like type of life.(2corth.5:17)
#But there is a place that say you must believe and confess your your mouth ( Romans 10:10) .. You can't believe and confess Jesus Christ as Lord in a mosque and keep worship Christ in a mosque.
# will a man light a lamp and keep it under a bushel? Rather he will put it on a lampstand that it may give light to all.(Mathew 5:15) verse 16 say let your light so shine before men.. Let me ask again why will one accept Christ Jesus as lord and personal Savior yet hid under Islam and expects that Christ will not be shames of him on the judgment day (Luke 9:26).

So YES a Muslim can continue to be a Muslim yet accept Jesus as lord and saviour...it's a mystery and a revelation for this end time.
what will it cost a believer to leave totally the Islamic way of life when he/she accept Christ? Why leave a life of deception?
If you are for Christ stand for Christ, if you are for islam stand for Islam Don't camouflage one for another it can be dangerous to your redemption.

A typical Muslim lives a "righteous" life and a typical Christian does same but it becomes so hard on the Muslims when you tell them that they must convert and drop there "religion" and this is unscriptural.

living a "righteous life" is not a way to salvation doing good works can only earn your heavenly crowns but it can NOt guarantee you heaven BUT wait why will one believe in Jesus as Christ as only way to salvation but still continue it live a Mohammad-like lifestyle and not a Christ like life style Why? If a man be in Christ, he is a new creature for the old have passed way (2corth. 5:17) if one believes in Christ he needs to leave the old ways of life he needs to leave Islam and be identified with Christ Jesus.

Rather tell them about salvation and once they accept Jesus as lord and saviour they become born again,redeemed and [b]christ like automatically[b/] by virtue of their acceptance.
pls don't get it wrong oh... Being Christ like is not automatically oh you have to make a conscious effort to imitate Christ by studying his words, walking in his footsteps and obeying his commands.
Re: Islam vs Christianity. by Toks2008(m): 1:17am On Mar 19, 2018
ayili:

How is Christianity been institutionalized?? Besides Since you say there is a difference between Christianity and being Christ-Like then I urge you to be more Christ-like but mind you, one cannot be Christ-like and behave Mohammad-like , one cannot be Christ-like and behave like an atheist No you can't serve two masters at the same time (Mathew 6:24)

#But there is a place in the scriptures that says you should leave your old ways of life and identify with the Christ-like type of life.(2corth.5:17)
#But there is a place that say you must believe and confess your your mouth ( Romans 10:10) .. You can't believe and confess Jesus Christ as Lord in a mosque and keep worship Christ in a mosque.
# will a man light a lamp and keep it under a bushel? Rather he will put it on a lampstand that it may give light to all.(Mathew 5:15) verse 16 say let your light so shine before men.. Let me ask again why will one accept Christ Jesus as lord and personal Savior yet hid under Islam and expects that Christ will not be shames of him on the judgment day (Luke 9:26).

what will it cost a believer to leave totally the Islamic way of life when he/she accept Christ? Why leave a life of deception?
If you are for Christ stand for Christ, if you are for islam stand for Islam Don't camouflage one for another it can be dangerous to your redemption.

living a "righteous life" is not a way to salvation doing good works can only earn your heavenly crowns but it can NOt guarantee you heaven BUT wait why will one believe in Jesus as Christ as only way to salvation but still continue it live a Mohammad-like lifestyle and not a Christ like life style Why? If a man be in Christ, he is a new creature for the old have passed way (2corth. 5:17) if one believes in Christ he needs to leave the old ways of life he needs to leave Islam and be identified with Christ Jesus.

pls don't get it wrong oh... Being Christ like is not automatically oh you have to make a conscious effort to imitate Christ by studying his words, walking in his footsteps and obeying his commands.

All these theological permutation and combination is the reason why people are not getting saved.

Preach salvation and get people saved first biko...The holy spirit will lead them.

This thread is aimed at bringing souls to christ and not asking anyone to be part of the institutionalized religion called Christianity but to belong to christ and be christ like by virtue of their salvation.
Re: Islam vs Christianity. by ayili: 1:32am On Mar 19, 2018
Toks2008:

All these theological permutation and combination is the reason why people are not getting saved.

Preach salvation and get people saved first biko...The holy spirit will lead them.

This thread is aimed at bringing souls to christ and not asking anyone to be part of the institutionalized religion called Christianity but to belong to christ and be christ like by virtue of their salvation.
Exactly my point.. You were the one confusing people saying one can be christ-like and Mohammed-like at the same time. The truth is that it doesn't work that way. Am not saying that one should be in an "institutionalized" religion as you call it but if one confesses Christ, he has to leave completely his old ways of life and embrace a new life in Christ, God helping him/her
Re: Islam vs Christianity. by Toks2008(m): 1:35am On Mar 19, 2018
ayili:

Exactly my point.. You were the one confusing people saying one can be christ-like and Mohammed-like at the same time. The truth is that it doesn't work that way. Am not saying that one should be in an "institutionalized" religion as you call it but if one confesses Christ, he has to leave completely his old ways of life and embrace a new life in Christ, God helping him/her

Just let's make it simple for non believers to accept Jesus...I know why I wrote this...anyone who believes in christ is for christ and christ alone and I need not complicate matters.
Re: Islam vs Christianity. by Fegelfire: 2:14am On Mar 19, 2018
Muslims get too much luxury treatment on this forum. They have a cute little forum that only they can post in( ) and the only time I see them enter into threads on the main religious section is during comparisons between Islam and Christianity, where they beg like dogs for new followers to their madman's cult. It's insane how brainwashed the average muslim can be.

Allah isn't real, Mohammad was warlord and the Quran is a book of myth, fable and tyranny writ by mortal hands and mortal minds.

2 Likes

Re: Islam vs Christianity. by Toks2008(m): 9:05am On Mar 19, 2018
Fegelfire:
Muslims get too much luxury treatment on this forum. They have a cute little forum that only they can post in( ) and the only time I see them enter into threads on the main religious section is during comparisons between Islam and Christianity, where they beg like dogs for new followers to their madman's cult. It's insane how brainwashed the average muslim can be.

Allah isn't real, Mohammad was warlord and the Quran is a book of myth, fable and tyranny writ by mortal hands and mortal minds.

OK noted but the big question is...HOW DO WE MAKE THEM FOLLOWERS OF CHRIST IF WE CONTINUE THIS WAY...

All these hate words won't change a thing and to think that GOD does not recognize Islam and Christianity as insitutions yet we kill and hate each other over this....what a shame.
Re: Islam vs Christianity. by udatso: 6:14am On Mar 21, 2018
Toks2008:

Can you now see you are totally missing the point.

You don't have to go to a church before you can be a believer in christ. .and wait for this....YOU DON'T HAVE TO CHANGE FROM ISLAM TO CHRISTIANITY in order to be a believer in christ.

You can go to mosque,pray 5times daily,go to mecca a trillion times and observe all the ed festivals and still accept Jesus as lord and saviour because Islam and Christianity are just religion but salvation of our soul is only through Jesus who brought redemption(Not religion) to the world.

Let me stop here and I just wish lalasticlala can put this unbiased thread to front page.
Toks2008
The way you speak authoritatively baffles me sometimes.
A Muslim has been taught in his life that Allah is the saviour, not Jesus (pbuh), Muhammad (pbuh) or any other prophet.
How do you justify TO A MUSLIM that accepting Jesus as his lord and personal saviour isn't contradictory to him being a Muslim?
You do realise that in Islam, the moments you accept Jesus as your lord and personal saviour , you have left the fold of Islam?
So explain to me again how a Muslim can remain a Muslim by going against the teachings of His creator
Re: Islam vs Christianity. by Toks2008(m): 6:42am On Mar 21, 2018
udatso:

Toks2008
The way you speak authoritatively baffles me sometimes.
A Muslim has been taught in his life that Allah is the saviour, not Jesus (pbuh), Muhammad (pbuh) or any other prophet.
How do you justify TO A MUSLIM that accepting Jesus as his lord and personal saviour isn't contradictory to him being a Muslim?
You do realise that in Islam, the moments you accept Jesus as your lord and personal saviour , you have left the fold of Islam?
So explain to me again how a Muslim can remain a Muslim by going against the teachings of His creator

GOD bless you for this question and it simply means a part of you want to know the mystery of salvation.

I have dissected your question on this thread so please visit and read carefully

https://www.nairaland.com/4034900/10-amazing-revelations-islam-christianity

If you still have any question after reading it please don't hesitate to ask me.

May the blessings of Allah(Jehovah) be upon you...AMEN

2 Likes

Re: Islam vs Christianity. by udatso: 2:57pm On Mar 21, 2018
Toks2008:

GOD bless you for this question and it simply means a part of you want to know the mystery of salvation.

I have dissected your question on this thread so please visit and read carefully

If you still have any question after reading it please don't hesitate to ask me.

May the blessings of Allah(Jehovah) be upon you...AMEN
Maybe you have forgotten about the moniker. I was part of that thread even when the title was "10 facts" before you later changed it to revelations.

In that thread you were unable to prove from the Quran that Jesus died and you are using that same thread as proof? if you have something solid bring it here let's discuss. Otherwise stop speaking for Islam. Speak for Christianity cos that's what you are good at that
Re: Islam vs Christianity. by udatso: 4:16pm On Mar 21, 2018
Toks2008:

As far as this thread is concerned, you were unable to prove majority of those "revelations" in the Islamic point of view especially the issue of salvation
Re: Islam vs Christianity. by Toks2008(m): 6:55pm On Mar 21, 2018
udatso:

Maybe you have forgotten about the moniker. I was part of that thread even when the title was "10 facts" before you later changed it to revelations.

In that thread you were unable to prove from the Quran that Jesus died and you are using that same thread as proof? if you have something solid bring it here let's discuss. Otherwise stop speaking for Islam. Speak for Christianity cos that's what you are good at that

Surah Maryam, Chapter 19 verse 33 which according to the Quran are the words of Prophet ISA(Jesus) " So Peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die and the Day that I shall be raised up to life

Dude lets not stress it...you have 2 options..

1.Believe that Jesus died and rose again for the atonement of your sins while you are still alive.

2.Find out about this truth after you die and then it becomes too late.

Do have a great day.

3 Likes

Re: Islam vs Christianity. by udatso: 7:01pm On Mar 21, 2018
Toks2008:

Surah Maryam, Chapter 19 verse 33 which according to the Quran are the words of Prophet ISA(Jesus) " So Peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die and the Day that I shall be raised up to life

Dude lets not stress it...you have 2 options..

1.Believe that Jesus died and rose again for the atonement of your sins while you are still live.

2.Find out about this truth after you die and then it becomes too late.

Do have a great day.
So much ignorance.......... Anyway in reply to that: only one has been fulfilled among the three things he spoke of.
You are entitled to your belief and I am not debating your beliefs
Don't just input your beliefs into mine. Peace
Re: Islam vs Christianity. by Nobody: 3:20am On Jun 11, 2018
Toks2008:

The term Christian was first used by Pagans in antioch and YES I agree that if you are christ like then you are a true Christian but today the world has INSTITUTIONALIZED the word Christian which is not the same as the meaning of the "christ like" but a religion.

There is no place in the scriptures that says you must belong to Christianity before you can make heaven but to accept Jesus as your lord and saviour.

So YES a Muslim can continue to be a Muslim yet accept Jesus as lord and saviour...it's a mystery and a revelation for this end time.

A typical Muslim lives a "righteous" life and a typical Christian does same but it becomes so hard on the Muslims when you tell them that they must convert and drop there "religion" and this is unscriptural.

Rather tell them about salvation and once they accept Jesus as lord and saviour they become born again,redeemed and christ like automatically by virtue of their acceptance.

Jesus that couldn't save himself from being crucified by humans want to save the world. so illogical.
Re: Islam vs Christianity. by udatso: 7:37am On Jun 11, 2018
Deceptive evangelism......
Just lie to them first......once in, hopefully they stay in the fold.
Re: Islam vs Christianity. by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jun 11, 2018
DynasTee:
Stop religion comparison
Just preach the gospel
He is preaching the gospel
Re: Islam vs Christianity. by Maamin(m): 12:50pm On Jun 11, 2018
udatso:

So much ignorance.......... Anyway in reply to that: only one has been fulfilled among the three things he spoke of.
You are entitled to your belief and I am not debating your beliefs
Don't just input your beliefs into mine. Peace

You should have just explained it anyways!
Re: Islam vs Christianity. by Maamin(m): 1:03pm On Jun 11, 2018
WinningSun:

Jesus that couldn't save himself from being crucified by humans want to save the world. so illogical.

John 10:18-17
17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

And as for the bolded part of your comment...is why this verse exist...

1 Cor.1:18
18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Shalom Aleikhem!

2 Likes

Re: Islam vs Christianity. by udatso: 1:37pm On Jun 11, 2018
Maamin:

You should have just explained it anyways!
Go back to the thread and you will see our replies
Re: Islam vs Christianity. by Niyi53(m): 10:57am On Jul 02, 2018
this is what happens when one misses the right Path from the very beginning.

just one point and every other thing would have to be re-addressed. and that is

" Jesus Christ never died on the cross. he survived the death on the cross, was treated in his injuries and migrated eastward in search of the remaining lost tribes of Israel. he lived up to the ripe age of 120/125 yrs before he died a natural death. his tomb is presently at sirnagar Kashmir"

the person to come as the promised Messiah has already appeared in person of Hadhrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (as) the Holy Founder of the Ahmadiyya Muslim community.
Re: Islam vs Christianity. by PROPHETmichael: 11:58am On Jul 02, 2018
All religion leads to God, be it Islam, Hindu, Christianity, Atheism etc etc they all lead to God.
Re: Islam vs Christianity. by LastDays777: 12:09pm On Jul 02, 2018
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" - John1:1

Who is this word? Jesus Christ (Yeshua)

It was through him everything was made. He is the only way to the father.

The truth, the way and the life.

A true Muslim knows he is the living word of God.
A true Christian knows this also.

He is alive today and he is the truth!

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Islam vs Christianity. by Goodness4525: 12:40pm On Jul 02, 2018
op all what u should know is that the word Jesus means word of God, so any religious person who abide to the supposed word of their acclaimed God will make their acclaimed heaven so there is nothing special about Jesus the son of a Jews carpenter who the Jews themselves did not give fuc,k about
Re: Islam vs Christianity. by Toks2008(m): 10:22pm On Jul 06, 2018
Goodness4525:
op all what u should know is that the word Jesus means word of God, so any religious person who abide to the supposed word of their acclaimed God will make their acclaimed heaven so there is nothing special about Jesus the son of a Jews carpenter who the Jews themselves did not give fuc,k about

Re: Islam vs Christianity. by DeBrain045(m): 11:47pm On Jul 21, 2018
dalaman:
Trash write up. Christianity is exactly as valid as Islam. Both are man made religious belief systems. There is nothing to show that Jesus is real and Allah is false. OP can NOT demonstrate or show us anything that Jesus can do that Allah cannot do.
Do your self a favor by watching this movie "THE CASE FOR CHRIST"

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Proposal To Satan: Deal Off! / Banned From Heaven / How Do I Cleanse My Mind,body And Soul.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.