Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Atheists Let's Discuss God. - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Let's Discuss God. (9295 Views)

Global Study: Atheists In Massive Decline, Only 1.8% Of World Population By 2020 / Atheists And Morality. A Question! / Why Do The Atheists Bother If They Don't Believe? Here Is Why. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by butterflylion: 8:52am On Mar 21, 2018
Gggg102:

your religion claims that YHWH is the only God. stop being dishonest.

And did I say I opened this thread to speak about Yahweh?
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by butterflylion: 8:55am On Mar 21, 2018
Gggg102:

dishonesty is also you maintaining a position which your religion does not support. your religion does not support you validating other gods. their paths are not yours.

LMAO again I say, where did I say I was "validating" any god? grin

You seem confused. Is validation now meaning existence?

I said my focus is on existence and here you are talking about validation. Mtcheew!
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by butterflylion: 9:28am On Mar 21, 2018
superhumanist:

Only fools accept things without evidence, especially when that evidence has been lacking for thousands of years.

5000 god's have been with us for over a millennium, yet no evidence for any of them.

I will answer you with a noteworthy quote from vaxx

vaxx:
it will mean you are not yet evolve to understand God. but wait, i will take my time to explain the contradiction for you, it mean God did not come from somewhere nor is somewhere. Everything that you can sense and yet not sense is an expression of God, the Total.

so atheist were wrong when they say humanity create GOD , they are trying to put God towards a point in time. God does not really exist at a point in time. he did not exist after man evolve, he was existing before man, he exist now and he will continue existing after man. so the element of GOD is this...

- God is ‘the happening’ itself!
- God is ‘the Truth’ which is always happening.
- God is there, never happened.

therefore God is source of every creation, when you see man, you just seen his element, when you see tree, you just seen his element, when you rock etc, you are seeing his element.

so you may ask if the elements are God themselves? i will answer and say no the elements has a source. you may say this is contradiction and i will gladly response that the contradiction is the expression of GOD himself. '' i will be everywhere and yet i will not be seen'' and this is why you were unable to identify GOD, he is there yet you cannot see him.

If you cannot openmindedly see the great wisdom and truth in this post then your case is dead and buried.
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by Gggg102(m): 11:52am On Mar 21, 2018
butterflylion:

I said my focus is on existence and here you are talking about validation. Mtcheew!

your God says none of them exist.

stop your dishonesty.
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by Gggg102(m): 11:53am On Mar 21, 2018
butterflylion:

And did I say I opened this thread to speak about Yahweh?

you can't speak outside your religion.
it's dishonest.

"It's still dishonesty. You cannot honestly speak about what you have no experience of.
Once again thanks for your time. I need a REAL advocate and not a make believe one."- your words.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by butterflylion: 12:21pm On Mar 21, 2018
Gggg102:

your God says none of them exist.

stop your dishonesty.

Even though I appreciate your valiant attempts but I advice you seek knowledge and truth before saying certain things.

Deuteronomy 6:14
You shall not go after other gods, the gods of the peoples who are around you

Exodus 20:3
“You shall have no other gods before me

1 Samuel 5:2-7
Then the Philistines took the ark of God and brought it into the house of Dagon and set it up beside Dagon. And when the people of Ashdod rose early the next day, behold, Dagon had fallen face downward on the ground before the ark of the Lord. So they took Dagon and put him back in his place. But when they rose early on the next morning, behold, Dagon had fallen face downward on the ground before the ark of the Lord, and the head of Dagon and both his hands were lying cut off on the threshold. Only the trunk of Dagon was left to him. This is why the priests of Dagon and all who enter the house of Dagon do not tread on the threshold of Dagon in Ashdod to this day. The hand of the Lord was heavy against the people of Ashdod, and he terrified and afflicted them with tumors, both Ashdod and its territory

Jeremiah 25:6
Do not go after other gods to serve and worship them, or provoke me to anger with the work of your hands. Then I will do you no harm.

Joshua 24:2
And Joshua said to all the people, “Thus says the Lord, the God of Israel, ‘Long ago, your fathers lived beyond the Euphrates, Terah, the father of Abraham and of Nahor; and they served other gods

Deuteronomy 10:17
For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great, the mighty, and the awesome God, who is not partial and takes no bribe

Deuteronomy 28:14
And if you do not turn aside from any of the words that I command you today, to the right hand or to the left, to go after other gods to serve them.
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by butterflylion: 12:22pm On Mar 21, 2018
Gggg102:

it's dishonest.

"It's still dishonesty. You cannot honestly speak about what you have no experience of.
Once again thanks for your time. I need a REAL advocate and not a make believe one."- your words.

I do not follow religion. Thanks for the attention.
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by Gggg102(m): 12:42pm On Mar 21, 2018
butterflylion:

Deuteronomy 4:35,39 — Unto thee it was shown, that thou mightest know that the LORD he is God; there is none else beside him. (39) Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else.

Deuteronomy 6:4 — Hear, O Israel: The LORD thy God is one LORD.

Deuteronomy32:39 — See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

2 Samuel 7:22 — Wherefore thou art great, O LORD God; for there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.

1 Kings 8:60 — That all the people of the earth may know that the LORD is God, and that there is none else.

2 KINGS 5:15 — And he returned to the man of God, he and all his company, and came, and stood before him: and he said, Behold, now I know that there is no God in all the earth, but in Israel; now therefore, I pray thee, take a blessing of thy servant.

2 Kings 19:15 — And Hezekiah prayed before the LORD, and said, O LORD God of Israel, which dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone , of all the kingdoms of the earth; thou hast made heaven and earth.

1 Chronicles 17:20 — O LORD, there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.

Nehemiah 9:6 — Thou, even thou, art LORD alone ; thou has made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee.

Psalm 18:31 — For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God?

Psalm 86:10 — For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thou art God alone.

Isaiah 37:16,20 — O LORD of hosts, God of Israel, that dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alon e, of all the kingdoms of the earth: thou has made heaven and earth. (20) Now therefore, O LORD our God, save us from his hand, that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that thou art the LORD, even thou only.

Isaiah43:10,11 — Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no savior.

Isaiah44:6,8 — Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. Fear ye not, neither be afraid; have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any other.

Isaiah 45:21 — Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time: who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Savior; there is none beside me.

Isaiah 46:9 — For I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me.

Hosea 13:4 — Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me; for there is no savior beside me.

Joel 2:27 — And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God, and none else : and my people shall never be ashamed.

Zechariah 14:9 — And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.

John 17:3 — And this is life eternal, that they might know thee t he only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

1 Corinthians 8:4-6 —[/b] As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.[b] For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) But to us there is but one God , the Father, of whom all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

1 Timothy 1:17 — Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God , be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

1 Timothy 2:5 — For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

James 2:19 — Thou believest that t here is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by Gggg102(m): 12:56pm On Mar 21, 2018
butterflylion:

Even though I appreciate your valiant attempts but I advice you seek knowledge and truth before saying certain things.

God saying don't go after other gods doesn't mean they existed.

e. g Baal. God instructed his people not to worship Baal.

then he proves Baal was fake on mount Carmel.
Elijah Kills the Prophets of Baal
During the third year without rain, the
LORD spoke his word to Elijah: “Go and meet King Ahab, and I will soon send rain.” So Elijah went to meet Ahab.
By this time there was no food in Samaria. King Ahab sent for Obadiah, who was in charge of the king’s palace. (Obadiah was a true follower of the
LORD. When Jezebel was killing all the LORD’s prophets, Obadiah hid a hundred of them in two caves, fifty in one cave and fifty in another. He also brought them food and water.) Ahab said to Obadiah, “Let’s check every spring and valley in the land. Maybe we can find enough grass to keep our horses and mules alive and not have to kill our animals.” So each one chose a part of the country to search; Ahab went in one direction and Obadiah in another.
While Obadiah was on his way, Elijah met him. Obadiah recognized Elijah, so he bowed down to the ground and said, “Elijah? Is it really you, master?”
“Yes,” Elijah answered. “Go tell your master that I am here.”
Then Obadiah said, “What wrong have I done for you to hand me over to Ahab like this? He will put me to death. As surely as the LORD your God lives, the king has sent people to every country to search for you. If the ruler said you were not there, Ahab forced the ruler to swear you could not be found in his country.
Now you want me to go to my master and tell him, ‘Elijah is here’?
The Spirit of the LORD may carry you to some other place after I leave. If I go tell King Ahab you are here, and he comes and doesn’t find you, he will kill me! I have followed the LORD since I was a boy. Haven’t you been told what I did? When Jezebel was killing the
LORD’s prophets, I hid a hundred of them, fifty in one cave and fifty in another. I brought them food and water.
Now you want me to go and tell my master you are here? He will kill me!”
Elijah answered, “As surely as the
LORD All-Powerful lives, whom I serve, I will be seen by Ahab today.”
So Obadiah went to Ahab and told him where Elijah was. Then Ahab went to meet Elijah.
When he saw Elijah, he asked, “Is it you—the biggest troublemaker in Israel?”
Elijah answered, “I have not made trouble in Israel. You and your father’s family have made all this trouble by not obeying the LORD’s commands. You have gone after the Baals. Now tell all Israel to meet me at Mount Carmel. Also bring the four hundred fifty prophets of Baal and the four hundred prophets of Asherah, who eat at Jezebel’s table.”
So Ahab called all the Israelites and those prophets to Mount Carmel.
Elijah approached the people and said, “How long will you not decide between two choices? If the LORD is the true God, follow him, but if Baal is the true God, follow him!” But the people said nothing.
Elijah said, “I am the only prophet of the LORD here, but there are four hundred fifty prophets of Baal. Bring two bulls. Let the prophets of Baal choose one bull and kill it and cut it into pieces. Then let them put the meat on the wood, but they are not to set fire to it. I will prepare the other bull, putting the meat on the wood but not setting fire to it. You prophets of Baal, pray to your god, and I will pray to the LORD. The god who answers by setting fire to his wood is the true God.”
All the people agreed that this was a good idea.
Then Elijah said to the prophets of Baal, “There are many of you, so you go first. Choose a bull and prepare it. Pray to your god, but don’t start the fire.”
So they took the bull that was given to them and prepared it. They prayed to Baal from morning until noon, shouting “Baal, answer us!” But there was no sound, and no one answered. They danced around the altar they had built.
At noon Elijah began to make fun of them. “Pray louder!” he said. “If Baal really is a god, maybe he is thinking, or busy, or traveling! Maybe he is sleeping so you will have to wake him!” The prophets prayed louder, cutting themselves with swords and spears until their blood flowed, which was the way they worshiped. The afternoon passed, and the prophets continued to act like this until it was time for the evening sacrifice. But no voice was heard; Baal did not answer, and no one paid attention.
Then Elijah said to all the people, “Now come to me.” So they gathered around him, and Elijah rebuilt the altar of the LORD, which had been torn down.
He took twelve stones, one stone for each of the twelve tribes, the number of Jacob’s sons. (The LORD changed Jacob’s name to Israel.) Elijah used these stones to rebuild the altar in honor of the LORD. Then he dug a ditch around the altar that was big enough to hold about thirteen quarts of seed.
Elijah put the wood on the altar, cut the bull into pieces, and laid the pieces on the wood. Then he said, “Fill four jars with water, and pour it on the meat and on the wood.” Then Elijah said, “Do it again,” and they did it again. Then he said, “Do it a third time,” and they did it the third time. So the water ran off the altar and filled the ditch.
At the time for the evening sacrifice, the prophet Elijah went near the altar. “LORD, you are the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel,” he prayed. “Prove that you are the God of Israel and that I am your servant. Show these people that you commanded me to do all these things. LORD, answer my prayer so these people will know that you, LORD, are God and that you will change their minds.”
Then fire from the LORD came down and burned the sacrifice, the wood, the stones, and the ground around the altar. It also dried up the water in the ditch.
When all the people saw this, they fell down to the ground, crying, “The
LORD is God! The LORD is God!”
Then Elijah said, “Capture the prophets of Baal! Don’t let any of them run away!” The people captured all the prophets. Then Elijah led them down to the Kishon Valley, where he killed them.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by butterflylion: 12:58pm On Mar 21, 2018
Gggg102:

Deuteronomy 4:35,39 — Unto thee it was shown, that thou mightest know that the LORD he is God; there is none else beside him. (39) Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else.

Deuteronomy 6:4 — Hear, O Israel: The LORD thy God is one LORD.

Deuteronomy32:39 — See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

2 Samuel 7:22 — Wherefore thou art great, O LORD God; for there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.

1 Kings 8:60 — That all the people of the earth may know that the LORD is God, and that there is none else.

2 KINGS 5:15 — And he returned to the man of God, he and all his company, and came, and stood before him: and he said, Behold, now I know that there is no God in all the earth, but in Israel; now therefore, I pray thee, take a blessing of thy servant.

2 Kings 19:15 — And Hezekiah prayed before the LORD, and said, O LORD God of Israel, which dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone , of all the kingdoms of the earth; thou hast made heaven and earth.

1 Chronicles 17:20 — O LORD, there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.

Nehemiah 9:6 — Thou, even thou, art LORD alone ; thou has made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee.

Psalm 18:31 — For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God?

Psalm 86:10 — For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thou art God alone.

Isaiah 37:16,20 — O LORD of hosts, God of Israel, that dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alon e, of all the kingdoms of the earth: thou has made heaven and earth. (20) Now therefore, O LORD our God, save us from his hand, that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that thou art the LORD, even thou only.

Isaiah43:10,11 — Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no savior.

Isaiah44:6,8 — Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. Fear ye not, neither be afraid; have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any other.

Isaiah 45:21 — Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time: who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Savior; there is none beside me.

Isaiah 46:9 — For I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me.

Hosea 13:4 — Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me; for there is no savior beside me.

Joel 2:27 — And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God, and none else : and my people shall never be ashamed.

Zechariah 14:9 — And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.

John 17:3 — And this is life eternal, that they might know thee t he only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

1 Corinthians 8:4-6 —[/b] As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.[b] For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) But to us there is but one God , the Father, of whom all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

1 Timothy 1:17 — Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God , be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

1 Timothy 2:5 — For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

James 2:19 — Thou believest that t here is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

You never read to understand obviously.

There is God and there are gods. Even scripture is careful to separate both with either capital G or small g.

Read all you posted again using my simple direction and be enlightened.

All you posted speaks about comparison to God as there is no other God but the one and only God. No god can compare to the God.

Also one of your scriptures posted here even told you this but you obviously never read it so let me specifically show you.

1 Corinthians 8:4-6 —

As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one. For though there be [b]that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) But to us there is but one God , the Father, of whom all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him

Like I said, thanks for your valiant efforts and your time. Always read to understand and when you do not, ask and you will be enlightened.
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by butterflylion: 1:01pm On Mar 21, 2018
Gggg102:

God saying don't go after other gods doesn't mean they existed.

e. g Baal. God instructed his people not to worship Baal.

then he proves Baal was fake on mount Carmel.
Elijah Kills the Prophets of Baal
During the third year without rain, the
LORD spoke his word to Elijah: “Go and meet King Ahab, and I will soon send rain.” So Elijah went to meet Ahab.
By this time there was no food in Samaria. King Ahab sent for Obadiah, who was in charge of the king’s palace. (Obadiah was a true follower of the
LORD. When Jezebel was killing all the LORD’s prophets, Obadiah hid a hundred of them in two caves, fifty in one cave and fifty in another. He also brought them food and water.) Ahab said to Obadiah, “Let’s check every spring and valley in the land. Maybe we can find enough grass to keep our horses and mules alive and not have to kill our animals.” So each one chose a part of the country to search; Ahab went in one direction and Obadiah in another.
While Obadiah was on his way, Elijah met him. Obadiah recognized Elijah, so he bowed down to the ground and said, “Elijah? Is it really you, master?”
“Yes,” Elijah answered. “Go tell your master that I am here.”
Then Obadiah said, “What wrong have I done for you to hand me over to Ahab like this? He will put me to death. As surely as the LORD your God lives, the king has sent people to every country to search for you. If the ruler said you were not there, Ahab forced the ruler to swear you could not be found in his country.
Now you want me to go to my master and tell him, ‘Elijah is here’?
The Spirit of the LORD may carry you to some other place after I leave. If I go tell King Ahab you are here, and he comes and doesn’t find you, he will kill me! I have followed the LORD since I was a boy. Haven’t you been told what I did? When Jezebel was killing the
LORD’s prophets, I hid a hundred of them, fifty in one cave and fifty in another. I brought them food and water.
Now you want me to go and tell my master you are here? He will kill me!”
Elijah answered, “As surely as the
LORD All-Powerful lives, whom I serve, I will be seen by Ahab today.”
So Obadiah went to Ahab and told him where Elijah was. Then Ahab went to meet Elijah.
When he saw Elijah, he asked, “Is it you—the biggest troublemaker in Israel?”
Elijah answered, “I have not made trouble in Israel. You and your father’s family have made all this trouble by not obeying the LORD’s commands. You have gone after the Baals. Now tell all Israel to meet me at Mount Carmel. Also bring the four hundred fifty prophets of Baal and the four hundred prophets of Asherah, who eat at Jezebel’s table.”
So Ahab called all the Israelites and those prophets to Mount Carmel.
Elijah approached the people and said, “How long will you not decide between two choices? If the LORD is the true God, follow him, but if Baal is the true God, follow him!” But the people said nothing.
Elijah said, “I am the only prophet of the LORD here, but there are four hundred fifty prophets of Baal. Bring two bulls. Let the prophets of Baal choose one bull and kill it and cut it into pieces. Then let them put the meat on the wood, but they are not to set fire to it. I will prepare the other bull, putting the meat on the wood but not setting fire to it. You prophets of Baal, pray to your god, and I will pray to the LORD. The god who answers by setting fire to his wood is the true God.”
All the people agreed that this was a good idea.
Then Elijah said to the prophets of Baal, “There are many of you, so you go first. Choose a bull and prepare it. Pray to your god, but don’t start the fire.”
So they took the bull that was given to them and prepared it. They prayed to Baal from morning until noon, shouting “Baal, answer us!” But there was no sound, and no one answered. They danced around the altar they had built.
At noon Elijah began to make fun of them. “Pray louder!” he said. “If Baal really is a god, maybe he is thinking, or busy, or traveling! Maybe he is sleeping so you will have to wake him!” The prophets prayed louder, cutting themselves with swords and spears until their blood flowed, which was the way they worshiped. The afternoon passed, and the prophets continued to act like this until it was time for the evening sacrifice. But no voice was heard; Baal did not answer, and no one paid attention.
Then Elijah said to all the people, “Now come to me.” So they gathered around him, and Elijah rebuilt the altar of the LORD, which had been torn down.
He took twelve stones, one stone for each of the twelve tribes, the number of Jacob’s sons. (The LORD changed Jacob’s name to Israel.) Elijah used these stones to rebuild the altar in honor of the LORD. Then he dug a ditch around the altar that was big enough to hold about thirteen quarts of seed.
Elijah put the wood on the altar, cut the bull into pieces, and laid the pieces on the wood. Then he said, “Fill four jars with water, and pour it on the meat and on the wood.” Then Elijah said, “Do it again,” and they did it again. Then he said, “Do it a third time,” and they did it the third time. So the water ran off the altar and filled the ditch.
At the time for the evening sacrifice, the prophet Elijah went near the altar. “LORD, you are the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel,” he prayed. “Prove that you are the God of Israel and that I am your servant. Show these people that you commanded me to do all these things. LORD, answer my prayer so these people will know that you, LORD, are God and that you will change their minds.”
Then fire from the LORD came down and burned the sacrifice, the wood, the stones, and the ground around the altar. It also dried up the water in the ditch.
When all the people saw this, they fell down to the ground, crying, “The
LORD is God! The LORD is God!”
Then Elijah said, “Capture the prophets of Baal! Don’t let any of them run away!” The people captured all the prophets. Then Elijah led them down to the Kishon Valley, where he killed them.

God proved Baal was powerless when compared to him and not fake. Same way the snake from the rod of Moses proved that those from the rods of the magicians of Egypt were powerless but not fake.

Please stop assaulting me with your ignorance. It's not by force.
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by Gggg102(m): 1:04pm On Mar 21, 2018
butterflylion:

Psalm 96:4-5

As I repeatedly say, you never read to understand.

Go and do something else with your time.
butterflylion:

You never read to understand obviously.

There is God and there are gods. Even scripture is careful to separate both with either capital G or small g.

Read all you posted again using my simple direction and be enlightened.

All you posted speaks about comparison to God as there is no other God but the one and only God. No god can compare to the God.

Also one of your scriptures posted here even told you this but you obviously never read it so let me specifically show you.

1 Corinthians 8:4-6 —

Like I said, thanks for your valiant efforts and your time. Always read to understand and when you do not, ask and you will be enlightened.

was David lying?
For all the gods of the nations are idols, but the LORD made the
psalm 96:5

what David understood by idols.
Psalm 115:4-8 New International Version (NIV)
But their idols are silver and gold, 4
made by human hands.
They have mouths, but cannot speak, 5
eyes, but cannot see.
They have ears, but cannot hear, 6
noses, but cannot smell.
They have hands, but cannot feel, 7
feet, but cannot walk,
nor can they utter a sound with their throats.
Those who make them will be like them, 8
and so will all who trust in them.
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by butterflylion: 1:07pm On Mar 21, 2018
Gggg102:

was David lying?
For all the gods of the nations are idols, but the LORD made the heavens.

4 For the Lord is great, and greatly to be praised: he is to be feared above all gods.

5 For all the gods of the nations are idols: but the Lord made the heavens.

Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by Gggg102(m): 1:12pm On Mar 21, 2018
butterflylion:

Psalm 115:4-8 New International Version (NIV) But their idols are silver and gold, 4 made by human hands. They have mouths, but cannot speak, 5 eyes, but cannot see. They have ears, but cannot hear, 6 noses, but cannot smell. They have hands, but cannot feel, 7 feet, but cannot walk, nor can they utter a sound with their throats. Those who make them will be like them, 8 and so will all who trust in them.
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by butterflylion: 1:19pm On Mar 21, 2018
Gggg102:

Psalm 115:4-8 New International Version (NIV)
But their idols are silver and gold, 4
made by human hands.
They have mouths, but cannot speak, 5
eyes, but cannot see.
They have ears, but cannot hear, 6
noses, but cannot smell.
They have hands, but cannot feel, 7
feet, but cannot walk,
nor can they utter a sound with their throats.
Those who make them will be like them, 8
and so will all who trust in them.

Can silver and gold hear, see, smell, walk, feel?

I really do not want to get upset with you because it is beginning to look like this your ignorance is deliberate.

And idol can be anything but is is mostly an image or representation of a god used as an object of worship

It is not the god but its representation or image. The god in focus are demons which are said to possess those images or representations but still the images themselves cannot see, talk, feel, walk, etc.

I will send you an e-slap if you do not stop assaulting me with this your deliberate ignorance.
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by superhumanist(m): 1:24pm On Mar 21, 2018
butterflylion:

I will answer you with a noteworthy quote from vaxx

If you cannot openmindedly see the great wisdom and truth in this post then your case is dead and buried.

Spoken like a true scammer. That post has nothing to do with what I said.

You are just using deceptive tactics to avoid dealing with an argument that destroys your entire point

4 Likes

Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by ReinaFarine: 1:29pm On Mar 21, 2018
If:

All the gods of the nations = Idol;
Idol = Manmade image or representation of god;

Then it is accurate to say all the other gods (apart from Yahweh) are manmade representation of god.

And if it is manmade and a representation, it can't be a god.
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by superhumanist(m): 1:34pm On Mar 21, 2018
ReinaFarine:
If:

Then it is accurate to say all the other gods (apart from Yahweh) are manmade representation of god.

Except for statues of Jesus? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by butterflylion: 1:49pm On Mar 21, 2018
^^^^

As expected your case is dead and buried.
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by butterflylion: 1:52pm On Mar 21, 2018
ReinaFarine:
If:

*facepalm*
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by budaatum: 2:02pm On Mar 21, 2018
Compare wth:

Spinozism (also spelled Spinoza-ism or Spinozaism) is the monist philosophical system of Baruch Spinoza which defines "God" as a singular self-subsistent substance, with both matter and thought being attributes of such.

When Spinoza wrote "Deus sive Natura" ("God or Nature" ) Spinoza meant God was Natura naturans not Natura naturata, that is, "a dynamic nature in action, growing and changing, not a passive or static thing."

The concept of a personal relationship with God comes from the position that one is a part of an infinite interdependent "organism". Spinoza argued that everything is a derivative of God, interconnected with all of existence. Although humans only experience thought and extension, what happens to one aspect of existence will still affect others.
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by superhumanist(m): 2:49pm On Mar 21, 2018
butterflylion:
^^^^

As expected your case is dead and buried.

Well, there is always a ressurection
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by butterflylion: 3:52pm On Mar 21, 2018
superhumanist:

Well, there is always a ressurection

Of course! That is why I still have hope for you "mentally " and keep trying to bring you up to speed. smiley wink

1 Like

Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by ucham: 12:08am On Apr 21, 2020
The OP of this post is intellectually dishonest. Using loaded language and sleight of hand tactics in phrasing his phony questions. He is not looking for a healthy debate, he wants his childish gotcha! moment. His antics reeks of the cunning of the biblical serpent.

How can you talk about a Monotheistic God and refuse to mention the specific one? The Onus lies on the OP to prove to us that his God is true while Buddha, Allah, Shinto and other deities are false.

YHWH says the only way to salvation is through Yeshua (Jesus), Allah says without publicly accepting Mohammed as God's prophet and means for salvation, you cannot be saved. Buddha has his own requirements for spirituality and enlightenment.

So which God is the right one? Which God are we talking about?

Both God's cannot both be true.

Engaging in a debate with the OP is meaningless. I am not an atheist, but even I am filled with disgust for the way he argues like a child looking for dashboard points.
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by ucham: 12:12am On Apr 21, 2020
Gggg102:

it's dishonest.

You debate very reasonably. Any open minded person sees that. I have read all the points you made, and they are very articulate, respectful, rational, and they make sense.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Word Of GOD Is Light (proverbs 6:21-23) / Can Christians Be Hurt By Witchcraft Or Black Magic? / Share Your Most Inspiring Testimonies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.