Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,724 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Leaving Nairaland - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Leaving Nairaland (1410 Views)

Have You Tried Leaving Nairaland For A Week. How Do You Feel ? / Why Are Big Brand Advertisers Leaving Nairaland? / Pls Can I Get Someone Leaving Around Surulere,mushiin Or Isolo To Teach Me SEO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leaving Nairaland by FeelDeMusic: 7:29pm On Mar 21, 2018
Hello,

I'm letting those who want to know that I'm unfortunately leaving Nairaland for the time being. I will not be making any new posts and I have cleared my account of all followers and followed topics. I am not sure how long I'll be inactive, but for now I believe it's the best dicision for me. I'm sorry to go and I'll miss those who I have gotten to "know" on here.

Cheers.
Re: Leaving Nairaland by SUPERPACK: 7:40pm On Mar 21, 2018
who cares? who you epp?

1 Like

Re: Leaving Nairaland by benzene00: 7:44pm On Mar 21, 2018
shocked

You leaving nairaland is like removing a single piece of rice from a full bag of rice..

It won't be noticed

2 Likes

Re: Leaving Nairaland by GeeString: 7:48pm On Mar 21, 2018
FeelDeMusic:
Hello,

I'm letting those who want to know that I'm unfortunately leaving Nairaland for the time being. I will not be making any new posts and I have cleared my account of all followers and followed topics. I am not sure how long I'll be inactive, but for now I believe it's the best dicision for me. I'm sorry to go and I'll miss those who I have gotten to "know" on here.

Cheers.

Re: Leaving Nairaland by sirgalahad26(m): 7:53pm On Mar 21, 2018
kuku say u're going on self exile.
Re: Leaving Nairaland by FeelDeMusic: 8:00pm On Mar 21, 2018
Look, I don't care what any of you believe. I felt as if I should let at least someone know. Yeah maybe it was stupid but guess what? I did it, it's done, and that's all I have to say. Would you like me to ask Seun to delete this thread?
Re: Leaving Nairaland by FeelDeMusic: 8:03pm On Mar 21, 2018
In fact, I want to leave because of the attitudes so many people display here and the constant arguing over pointless things. It upsets me to no end.
Re: Leaving Nairaland by iHart(m): 8:20pm On Mar 21, 2018
oh no, I started following you just to see how you will cope with how Nigerians approach social media. Can't you stay a little bit to learn our unique culture and approach to social media? It is completely different from what you will see else where. Anyway, I wish you all the best.
Re: Leaving Nairaland by FeelDeMusic: 8:36pm On Mar 21, 2018
iHart:
oh no, I started following you just to see how you will cope with how Nigerians approach social media. Can't you stay a little bit to learn our unique culture and approach to social media? It is completely different from what you will see else where. Anyway, I wish you all the best.
Hi.. I appreciate your encouragement, and yes I understand that Nigerian people do approach the Internet a little differently, I get that. And this has nothing to do with Nigeria as a country or the love for it I still possess. I just need to take some time off from this forum for a bit and regroup, rethink and examine things of my own. I'm sorry if I've sounded harsh on here, I'm just a little upset right now and I don't want to have to offend anyone.

My decision is final though. I hate to leave but I must. I wish you the best too.

2 Likes

Re: Leaving Nairaland by FMCASH(m): 11:51pm On Apr 06, 2018
Take good care of yourself bro, love you.
Re: Leaving Nairaland by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 08, 2018
FeelDeMusic:
In fact, I want to leave because of the attitudes so many people display here and the constant arguing over pointless things. It upsets me to no end.

This is so sad to hear. You said you are a Westerner....and by how you write.....I assume that you are speaking the truth.
I am writing this hoping and praying (against all hope) that you may come back as a guest to check this your final post and be encouraged by my words to you.
I am a foreigner too (although my situation is a little unique).
If I didn't have 50 percent Nigerian blood in me (and have experienced some aspects of Nigerian mannerisms through my dad), I would have fled from day 1, never looking back...
I have deactivated and re-activated (about 5-6 times) within the timeframe of my 15 months of membership...and boy have I been discouraged....and wanted to pull my hair out.....from the roots....lol.
I get it dear....I so get it.
You were probably trying to show etiquette, kindly notify your friends and followers and gracefully leave the forum (something I never did anytime I deactivated)....
Even with that, look at the replies....only about 2 folks encouraged you...
I can feel your pain...I really can.
I am really sorry that you haven't had the best experience....trust me I know.

Don't know whether you are Black-American or not, but it's rare that Black Americans want to research and explore Africa at all...based on what they have been shown on television. They don't know their heritage and ashamed of the little they do know.
They don't want to be associated with the continent at all.

So when a Black-American (if that's what you are) shows an interest, it should be taken seriously.....

With all due respect (and I hope I don't get banned for expressing my thoughts), I wonder if Nigerians understand that the way in which they approach life can be quite harsh, aggressive and brutal....
I wonder if it's because of the cards that they have been dealt....where only the "toughest survive", where they see inconsistencies in all aspects of their government (based on what I've read on N.L), or no change which would afford them better lifestyles....
Or even "not the toughest" but rather the struggle to survive on a daily basis...which produces such an attitude...

Anyhow, I wish I would've been able to meet you...and encourage you.
But you may do like me....and come back.....
I'm determined to believe that some kind, gentle, sincere and pure-motive Nigerians are on this site (like the 2 people here (who encouraged you) who let me know that there's hope).
Be blessed....

2 Likes

Re: Leaving Nairaland by Olu317(m): 5:50pm On Apr 08, 2018
Mobilia:

Brother,
This is so sad to hear. You said you are a Westerner....and by how you write.....I assume that you are speaking the truth.
I am writing this hoping and praying (against all hope) that you may come back as a guest to check this your final post and be encouraged by my words to you.
I am a foreigner too (although my situation is a little unique).
If I didn't have 50 percent Nigerian blood in me (and have experienced some aspects of Nigerian mannerisms through my dad), I would have fled from day 1, never looking back...
I have deactivated and re-activated (about 5-6 times) within the timeframe of my 15 months of membership...and boy have I been discouraged....and wanted to pull my hair out.....from the roots....lol.
I get it dear....I so get it.
You were probably trying to show etiquette, kindly notify your friends and followers and gracefully leave the forum (something I never did anytime I deactivated)....
Even with that, look at the replies....only about 2 folks encouraged you...
I can feel your pain...I really can.
I am really sorry that you haven't had the best experience....trust me I know.

Don't know whether you are Black-American or not, but it's rare that Black Americans want to research and explore Africa at all...based on what they have been shown on television. They don't know their heritage and ashamed of the little they do know.
They don't want to be associated with the continent at all.

So when a Black-American shows an interest, it should be taken seriously.....

With all due respect (and I hope I don't get banned for expressing my thoughts), I wonder if Nigerians understand that the way in which they approach life can be quite harsh, aggressive and brutal....
I wonder if it's because of the cards that they have been dealt....where only the "toughest survive", where they see inconsistencies in all aspects of their government (based on what I've read on N.L), or no change which would afford them better lifestyles....
Or even "not the toughest" but rather the struggle to survive on a daily basis...which produces such an attitude...

Anyhow, I wish I would've been able to meet you...and encourage you.
But you may do like me....and come back.....
I'm determined to believe that some kind, gentle, sincere and pure-motive Nigerians are on this site (like the 2 people here (who encouraged you) who let me know that there's hope).
Be blessed brother.....

Of course not, contrary to your opinion ,Nigerians don't approach life, in a ‘harsh,aggressive and brutal', mannerism but opposite to your perception. The problem on NL is the reason you've this thought and it is so unfortunate,as it regard the uncordial attitude of few Nigerians on NL who are different from the ones in real life.
NL Nigerians element with bad characters can't be used as the leverage characters for 180,000,000+ Nigerian population.
So,once you come across uncultured NL Nigerians, don't be perturbed because you will also find out that same Forum has good Nigerians with impeccable characters worthy of emulation.

Cheers.
Re: Leaving Nairaland by Bibi294(f): 6:12pm On Apr 08, 2018
Don't leave please, forget about been bully on Nairaland... You can Also learn alot from them
Re: Leaving Nairaland by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 08, 2018
Olu317:
Of course not, contrary to your opinion ,Nigerians don't approach life, in a ‘harsh,aggressive and brutal', mannerism but opposite to your perception. The problem on NL is the reason you've this thought and it is so unfortunate,as it regard the uncordial attitude of few Nigerians on NL who are different from the ones in real life.
NL Nigerians element with bad characters can't be used as the leverage characters for 180,000,000+ Nigerian population.
So,once you come across uncultured NL Nigerians, don't be perturbed because you will also find out that same Forum has good Nigerians with impeccable characters worthy of emulation.

Cheers.

How are you Mr. Olu?

Umm...I'm kinda lost here with your reply to me....
Oh no...did I do something wrong again?
I found this thread by chance...and wanted to encourage a hurt person.. (which is what "you" if you are a Nigerian...should have done).
The OP expressed their opinion...just like all the millions of members do here each and every day.
I found it too late...cause it the OP left.
I should have, however, used the word "many" instead of generalizing an entire group of people.....I apologize... because you are right....
I can't speak for 180 million Nigerians...and I haven't. I am speaking based on my time here on N.L.
Unfortunately, I cannot take away the OP's experience, nor you take mine away, nor I take yours away.
It is what it is.....so 2 choices are always present.
The OP made a choice....I just wanted the person to not feel alone about it...
I try to empathize with people.....that's part of who I am.
If I thought the bad behavior represented ALL Nigerians...I wouldn't have a desire to connect with my people.....
Think about it...I don't have to learn about Nigeria through N.L.....(there are so many other methods that I can use)...but I simply choose to. I desire to connect with Nigerian people in spite of...regardless of the mistreatment.....
I like Nairaland....plain and simply....and I'm learning so much (in addition to what my dad has told me) that when I get to Nigeria in the near future, I won't feel so clue-less and lost...yay!

Anyhow, sir you did read ALL of my post right?
You did see that I tried to balance my words....give both a positive and a negative side...correct?
Cause I gave credit (and have done so many times before) to the few nice, kind and sincere Nigerians that I have encountered) on here.
I even mentioned that 2 people encouraged or had something kind to say to the OP right on this thread...
You do realize that "I" encouraged the OP to "come back"....just as I've done.
You do see that I am member (yet again) on this site sir?
Seems like you were "itching" to scold me...lol...for speaking out of bounds.
Sir, I would hope you would offer the OP encouragement....rather than "spank" me....
Maybe the OP may happen to look at this thread and come back....if an intelligent man such as yourself would release some wisdom.

P.S. You may want to "unfollow" me cause I may say something in the future that you disagree with.
I don't want to upset you...
You can, however, make it easier for my perception to rapidly change by introducing me to some of the "good Nigerians with impeccable characters worthy of emulation" as you nicely put it....(besides my extended family over there).
Nice meeting you by the way smiley

Cheers....
Re: Leaving Nairaland by iHart(m): 7:25pm On Apr 08, 2018
FeelDeMusic is a "She", she is blind (physically blind) and is not a Nigerian in any capacity, thats the little i know about her. When i discovered all these, i followed her to under study her to see how she adapts to our own kind of social media life. Unfortunately she announced her exist shortly after i picked interest in her. I think Nairaland should have a way of identifying with and protecting the less privileged. As a matter of fact, Nairaland should stage a war against bullying here. Its getting out of hand.
Re: Leaving Nairaland by Nobody: 12:04am On Apr 09, 2018
iHart:
FeelDeMusic is a "She", she is blind (physically blind) and is not a Nigerian in any capacity, thats the little i know about her. When i discovered all these, i followed her to under study her to see how she adapts to our own kind of social media life. Unfortunately she announced her exist shortly after i picked interest in her. I think Nairaland should have a way of identifying with and protecting the less privileged. As a matter of fact, Nairaland should stage a war against bullying here. Its getting out of hand.

Thank you sir...
I stand corrected....and have made the adjustments.
I just assumed she was a "he"....
Wow....how did she know about the comments though with all due respect?
Were they read to her?
I'm not sure how Braille would work online....
Please enlighten me and excuse my ignorance on this...
Re: Leaving Nairaland by iHart(m): 12:28am On Apr 09, 2018
Mobilia:

Thank you sir...
I stand corrected....and have made the adjustments.
I just assumed she was a "he"....
Wow....how did she know about the comments though with all due respect?
Were they read to her?
I'm not sure how Braille would work online....
Please enlighten me and excuse my ignorance on this...
I was surprise the same way you are the very first time I came across her and discovered she was blind. I followed her comments to discover that she uses an app that helps her navigate and read website in her computer and phone, some sort of a " screen read". According to her, she was blind from birth. It seems she can also code. I just picked interest in her and wanted to learn more about her but unfortunately she just left. I hope she will come back again.
Re: Leaving Nairaland by Olu317(m): 1:53am On Apr 09, 2018
[quote author=Mobilia post=66540535]

How are you Mr. Olu?

I found this thread by chance...and wanted to encourage a hurt person.. (which is what "you" if you are a Nigerian...should have done).
The OP expressed their opinion...just like all the millions of members do here each and every day.
I should have, however, used the word "many" instead of generalizing an entire group of people.....I apologize... because you are right....
I can't speak for 180 million Nigerians...and I haven't. I am speaking based on my time here on N.L.
Unfortunately, I cannot take away the OP's experience, nor you take mine away, nor I take yours away.
If I thought the bad behavior represented ALL Nigerians...I wouldn't have a desire to connect with my people.....
Think about it...I don't have to learn about Nigeria through N.L.....(there are so many other methods that I can use)...but I simply choose to. I desire to connect with Nigerian people in spite of...regardless of the mistreatment.....
I like Nairaland....plain and simply....and I'm learning so much (in addition to what my dad has told me) that when I get to Nigeria in the near future, I won't feel so clue-less and lost...yay!

You did see that I tried to balance my words....give both a positive and a negative side...correct?
Cause I gave credit (and have done so many times before) to the few nice, kind and sincere Nigerians that I have encountered) on here.
I even mentioned that 2 people encouraged or had something kind to say to the OP right on this thread...
You do realize that "I" encouraged the young man to "come back"....just as I've done.
Sir, I would hope you would offer the OP encouragement....rather than "spank" me....
Maybe the OP may happen to look at this thread and come back....if an intelligent man such as yourself would release some wisdom.

P.S. You may want to "unfollow" me cause I may say something in the future that you disagree with.
You can, however, make it easier for my perception to rapidly change by introducing me to some of the "good Nigerians with impeccable characters worthy of emulation" as you nicely put it....(besides my extended family over there).

Cheers....

[/quoteI am good and you? I read through your opinion and the advice you gave the guy,which I sincerely adore your superhuman nature.
Honestly, there are people on NL who are bullish,mannerless and cant inform properly. I have had same experience on NL, at different times because of diverse opinion that we shared based on individual's exposure and perception. In fact, I was banned recently by a biased moderator on NL, when a guy on particular thread that has to do with Yorubas and Ibos. This particular first guy referred to me as ‘ape triggered' and the second man from my tribe called me a ‘bastard',. And when I categorically referred to the first a man as not having an ancestors who did exploit like mine, I was banned. Can you imagine? The point here is that human beings either have good or bad characters . And NL isn't an exception to such people. So , bear with the faceless clowns that make you feel bad.
Of course yes, there are impeccable characters that you link up with if it is about knowledge juxtaposition. These men and women are on different section on NL.All you need to do is to take your time to fish 'em out. Men like gods that I have come across, such as konquest, absolutesuccess,metaphysic, nisai, bigfrancis , tosyne,etc.
Lastly, I don't see any reason to stop following you on NL ,even if we have different opinion on a subject matter.
Indeed,it is nice meeting you also. smiley

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Leaving Nairaland by Olu317(m): 2:06am On Apr 09, 2018
I read through your opinion and the advice you gave the guy,which I sincerely adore your superhuman nature. The only place I differ is your assumption at generalizing the bad eggs on NL with the good ones, even if you tried to put a balance to it.
Honestly, there are people on NL who are bullish,mannerless and can't inform properly without insulting. I have had same experience on NL,at different times because of diverse opinion that we shared, which is based on individual's exposure and perception. In fact, I was banned recently by a biased moderator on NL, when a guy on particular thread that has to do with Yorubas and Ibos genetic composition. This particular first guy referred to me as ‘ape triggered' and the second man from my tribe called me a ‘bastard',. And when I categorically referred to the first man as not having an ancestors who did exploit like mine, I was banned. Can you imagine? The point here is that human beings either have good or bad characters . And NL isn't an exception to such people. So , bear with the faceless clowns that make you feel bad.
Of course yes, there are impeccable characters that you link up with if it is about knowledge juxtaposition. These men and women are on different section on NL.All you need to do is to take your time to fish 'em out. Men like gods that I have come across, such as konquest, absolutesuccess,metaphysic, nisai, bigfrancis , tosyne,etc.
Lastly, I don't see any reason to stop following you on NL ,even if we have different opinion on a subject matter.

Cheers
Re: Leaving Nairaland by Olu317(m): 2:15am On Apr 09, 2018
Mobilia:

How are you Mr. Olu?

You do realize that "I" encouraged the young man to "come back"....just as I've done.

Cheers....

I did read through your opinion and the advice you gave the person ,which I sincerely adore your superhuman nature. The only place I differ is your assumption at generalizing the bad eggs on NL who are Nigerians with the good ones, even if you tried to put a balance to it.
Honestly, there are people on NL who are bullish,mannerless and can't inform properly without insulting. I have had same experience on NL,at different times because of diverse opinion that we shared, which is based on individual's exposure and perception. In fact, I was banned recently by a biased moderator on NL, when a guy on particular thread that has to do with Yorubas and Ibos genetic composition. This particular first guy referred to me as ‘ape triggered and the second man from my tribe called me a ‘bastard'. And when I categorically referred to the first man as not having any of his ancestors who did exploit like mine, I was banned. Can you imagine? The point here is that human beings either have good or bad characters . And NL isn't an exception to such people. So , bear with the faceless clowns that make you feel bad.
Of course yes, there are impeccable characters that you link up with if it is about knowledge juxtaposition. These men and women are on different section on NL.All you need to do is to take your time to fish 'em out. Men like gods that I have come across, such as konquest, absolutesuccess,MetaPhysical, nisai, bigfrancis , tosyne,etc.
Indeed ,it is nice meeting you too. smiley

Cheers
Re: Leaving Nairaland by Nobody: 12:23am On Apr 10, 2018
Olu317:
I did read through your opinion and the advice you gave the person ,which I sincerely adore your superhuman nature. The only place I differ is your assumption at generalizing the bad eggs on NL who are Nigerians with the good ones, even if you tried to put a balance to it.
Honestly, there are people on NL who are bullish,mannerless and can't inform properly without insulting. I have had same experience on NL,at different times because of diverse opinion that we shared, which is based on individual's exposure and perception. In fact, I was banned recently by a biased moderator on NL, when a guy on particular thread that has to do with Yorubas and Ibos genetic composition. This particular first guy referred to me as ‘ape triggered' [/b]and the second man from my tribe called me a [b]‘bastard',. And when I categorically referred to the first man as not having an ancestors who did exploit like mine, I was banned. Can you imagine? The point here is that human beings either have good or bad characters . And NL isn't an exception to such people. So , bear with the faceless clowns that make you feel bad.
Of course yes, there are impeccable characters that you link up with if it is about knowledge juxtaposition. These men and women are on different section on NL.All you need to do is to take your time to fish 'em out. Men like gods that I have come across, such as konquest, absolute/success,meta/physic, ni/sai, big/francis , to/syne,etc.
Indeed ,it is nice meeting you too. smiley

Cheers

Hi again,
Ok...wow...
I don't want to laugh (and I'm wrong for doing so...but "ape triggered"?....
I have never in my years of life heard of such a thing....!
I must admit that the term "fish brain" is quite hilarious to describe someone....(one of the less "harmful" adjectives I guess...)
But yes, I do see what you are saying....
I get emotional...leave and then come back...but I need to stop doing it that way....
Perhaps I should just take a break and maybe not read anything on N.L. (for a day) and then come back the next day or so.

Thanks for the list of nice guys...
I have chatted on the "Culture" section with the Francis guy pertaining to the Igbo name-ceremony thread several months back that's done in some places in the U.S.
He had asked me a few questions...
But that was under one of my former "monikers" that I was using at the time.

Yes...the first guy mentioned on the list has been very nice....
Don't know the others though...but I have seen some of their names before on N.L.
Again...thanks for the encouragement.
A disagreement shouldn't mean an "unfollow", but I just don't want folks who decide to "follow" me, to be offended...cause I am passionate about certain things!
Take care...
Re: Leaving Nairaland by FeelDeMusic: 7:51pm On Apr 10, 2018
Hello all,

I'm back just to sort of check on things..... Mobilia, thank you so, so much for your encouraging and kind words, but Olu also has a point. Honestly after some reflection I feel very bad for spewing my words the way I did.

I am not black American at all, I'm white! LOL But I love Africa, African cultures and peoples and languages and all, it's just so fascinating to me.

Again, I'm just coming on here to reply to everyone who has contributed, saying:

1. I'm extremely sorry for all of the harshness that I conveyed here to you all in the first few posts, and I know that wasn't necessary at all.

2. I really appreciate your encouragement and I can't thank you enough for empathizing. You all are wonderful people......

I do honestly want to go back on here so badly, but at the same time I'm not sure if I'll go back to the same experiences... I've never been bullied on here at all and I've had a fine time with everyone TBH. Really my responses I believe were more in the moment.

Anyhow, I'm glad this thread turned into what it did: instead of insults there is some meaningful conversations here.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leaving Nairaland by iHart(m): 9:07pm On Apr 10, 2018
grin welcome back
Re: Leaving Nairaland by Olu317(m): 10:06pm On Apr 10, 2018
Mobilia:

Hi again,
Ok...wow...
I don't want to laugh (and I'm wrong for doing so...but "ape triggered"?....
I have never in my years of life heard of such a thing....!
I must admit that the term "fish brain" is quite hilarious to describe someone....(one of the less "harmful" adjectives I guess...)
But yes, I do see what you are saying....
I get emotional...leave and then come back...but I need to stop doing it that way....
Perhaps I should just take a break and maybe not read anything on N.L. (for a day) and then come back the next day or so.

Thanks for the list of nice guys...
I have chatted on the "Culture" section with the Francis guy pertaining to the Igbo name-ceremony (thread back in Fall 2017...I believe) that's done in some places in the U.S.
He had asked me a few questions...
But that was under one of my former "monikers" that I was using at the time.

Yes...the first guy mentioned on the list has been very nice....
Don't know the others though...but I have seen some of their names before on N.L.
Again...thanks for the encouragement.
A disagreement shouldn't mean an "unfollow", but I just don't want folks who decide to "follow" me, to be offended...cause I am passionate about certain things!
Take care...
Oh yes,you can laugh over it again and again grin. But truthfully, I wasn't annoyed because I realised he was obsessed to my information and he lacked indepth . And I am definitely sure and confident of my look,wherever I find myself . Funny enough he has nothing to be proud of as regard ancestors exploration. A real and proud Brownish Yoruba man is who I am!
I hope you are good.

Cheers
Re: Leaving Nairaland by FeelDeMusic: 11:21pm On Apr 10, 2018
iHart:
grin welcome back
Haha, thank you! Not sure if I'll be on here very frequently but I just wanted to come here to clarify and appoligize, I saw my thread was getting attention so I wanted to chime in.

1 Like

Re: Leaving Nairaland by Nobody: 12:31am On Apr 11, 2018
FeelDeMusic,
Oh no problem at all...and you are welcome.
So you are white.....ok...I assumed you were black American.
SO excuse my part pertaining to Black Americans...but it still can apply to any "foreigner".
I get the impulsive nature that we all at times have struggled with...
Thanks for coming back....cause I tell you this: It's difficult leaving this "land" permanently...lol.
Be encouraged...and take care...
Re: Leaving Nairaland by Nobody: 12:41am On Apr 11, 2018
Olu317:
Oh yes,you can laugh over it again and again grin. But truthfully, I wasn't annoyed because I realised he was obsessed to my information and he lacked indepth . And I am definitely sure and confident of my look,wherever I find myself . Funny enough he has nothing to be proud of as regard ancestors exploration. A real and proud Brownish Yoruba man is who I am!
I hope you are good.

Cheers

Oh I'm sorry for laughing. I just don't know what a "triggered ape" is?
Lol.... believe me when I tell you that I experience a roller coaster of emotions reading N.L. info and comments...
The info is so humorous and comedic, that I don't know whether to laugh or get angry??...lol.
Nigerians don't even know sometimes that they are so hilarious without even trying.....
Some topics shouldn't be touched...but I tell you that the wit is second-to-none.....it's almost ridiculously brilliant....
At the bolded, you mean you're a Yoruba man? I would've never guessed that....lol.
Just kidding...I could tell by the name "OLU"....it seems like a lot of Yoruba names start off with an "OL" and a vowel combination...
I can identify Igbo names pretty well...and Yoruba names a close second.
Anyhow...I'm doing sooo much better...
Hope you are as well.

Cheers (I'm gonna start saying this phrase a little more since I see it a lot on N.L.).
Re: Leaving Nairaland by Olu317(m): 6:31am On Apr 11, 2018
Mobilia:

Oh I'm sorry for laughing. I just don't know what a "triggered ape" is?
Lol.... believe me when I tell you that I experience a roller coaster of emotions reading N.L. info and comments...
The info is so humorous and comedic, that I don't know whether to laugh or get angry??...lol.
Nigerians don't even know sometimes that they are so hilarious without even trying.....
Some topics shouldn't be touched...but I tell you that the wit is second-to-none.....it's almost ridiculously brilliant....
At the bolded, you mean you're a Yoruba man? I would've never guessed that....lol.
Just kidding...I could tell by the name "OLU"....it seems like a lot of Yoruba names start off with an "OL" and a vowel combination...
I can identify Igbo names pretty well...and Yoruba names a close second.
Anyhow...I'm doing sooo much better...
Hope you are as well.

Cheers (I'm gonna start saying this phrase a little more since I see it a lot on N.L.).

Oh yes, I know what the guy meant when he used the words, ‘ape triggered.' It means, angered / provoked ape( ape was basically used as a derogatory to abuse black people in the past ). The real laugh is ,when I discovered, the guy is also an African,because he said,he is a Muslim,from somewhere in Nigeria.This is the reason I laughed hilariously at him when I was replying him on that thread. And on the negative words used by him is nomore tenable today, science has proved the genetic composition of humanity as being descended from Africans of Blackskin in Africa before migration out of Africa. Naturally, you will find some people who are truculent in nature simply because, some ,want to learn from you or want to attack you when there is slight opportunity to do so on NL but still learn from you.

You are slightly incorrect as deciphering ‘OLU’, because, Ibos too have names in which ‘OL/OLU', is used as a prefix to another. Although, meaning is slightly different from one and another. I am doubtful if Yoruba names majorly start with ‘OLU' because circumstances of birth, demigods (Orisas) associated with and individual's family lineage(as a royal or nonroyal) are the determinant factors for names in Yoruba land in the ancient times even till now. If I am to give it a thought ,I will infer, Yoruba names start with ‘A' .
And Oh yes, I am Yoruba and non negotiable cheesy. Infact,the people I mentioned are Yorubas with exception of Francis. And I put Francis name because I don't want you to see me as bias grin......Honestly, I am cool with his style on NL even if we don't share same ideology.

Have a wonderful time outthere

Cheers,
Re: Leaving Nairaland by FeelDeMusic: 2:37pm On Apr 11, 2018
Mobilia:
FeelDeMusic,
Oh no problem at all...and you are welcome.
So you are white.....ok...I assumed you were black American.
SO excuse my part pertaining to Black Americans...but it still can apply to any "foreigner".
I get the impulsive nature that we all at times have struggled with...
Thanks for coming back....cause I tell you this: It's difficult leaving this "land" permanently...lol.
Be encouraged...and take care...
Thank you so much Mobilia! I think I'm going to just try to forget everything that happened in the past and I'll just move on and come back! Yay!!!

I just feel so so terrible now for expressing my feelings in the past, I'm sure people may have thought of me as aggressive! LOL but that's not me. I am not an aggressive person, and I'm not someone who tries to be so, I try to be kind, gentle, peaceful and loving.... in fact I often try to end arguments here!

But now it's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's time to move on and not deell in the past mistakes!

1 Like

Re: Leaving Nairaland by Nobody: 12:29am On Apr 12, 2018
Olu317:
Oh yes, I know what the guy meant when he used the words, ‘ape triggered.' It means, angered / provoked ape( ape was basically used as a derogatory to abuse black people in the past ). The real laugh is ,when I discovered, the guy is also an African,because he said,he is a Muslim,from somewhere in Nigeria.This is the reason I laughed hilariously at him when I was replying him on that thread. And on the negative words used by him is nomore tenable today, science has proved the genetic composition of humanity as being descended from Africans of Blackskin in Africa before migration out of Africa. Naturally, you will find some people who are truculent in nature simply because, some ,want to learn from you or want to attack you when there is slight opportunity to do so on NL but still learn from you.

You are slightly incorrect as deciphering ‘OLU’, because, Ibos too have names in which ‘OL/OLU', is used as a prefix to another. Although, meaning is slightly different from one and another. I am doubtful if Yoruba names majorly start with ‘OLU' because circumstances of birth, demigods (Orisas) associated with and individual's family lineage(as a royal or nonroyal) are the determinant factors for names in Yoruba land in the ancient times even till now. If I am to give it a thought ,I will infer, Yoruba names start with ‘A' .
And Oh yes, I am Yoruba and non negotiable cheesy. Infact,the people I mentioned are Yorubas with exception of Francis. And I put Francis name because I don't want you to see me as bias grin......Honestly, I am cool with his style on NL even if we don't share same ideology.

Have a wonderful time outthere

Cheers,

Yeah...it's interesting how "we" black folks tend to make fun of each other...and contribute to low self-esteem....
That's how I feel about the "N-word"....
Black Americans think it's okay to use it against each other claiming to have "changed the meaning"...but that meaning can never be changed.
It's wrong for other "races" to use it....(the ones who actually created the term)...so why is it okay for us to use it against each other.
I am baffled when I see Nigerians using the term...wow!
I never would have though that I'd see that happening.
The effects of the Western culture..... undecided

Thanks for the info about Yoruba names....
I'm just beginning to delve deep into my roots.....
I have found a YouTube channel with "Beginner Igbo" and "Beginner Yoruba" languages...which I have begun to watch.
I'm very excited.
I'm gonna try to master both of them.....but will start with Igbo first (for obvious reasons)..
I think it will be very useful to know these two languages.....even Hausa...but I'm not ready to tackle that one yet.
I love language...words....pronunciations....meanings...all of that...
I had been pronouncing Igbo names at the end credits of Nigerian movies...(with my dad right there trying to help me say it perfectly...)
But I don't live with him, so it would be easier for me to watch the YouTube videos repeatedly...and practice!
I will master this.....no doubt in my mind...
Yes I know he is Igbo....and has been very informative over on the Culture section...
There's nothing wrong with folks getting along...regardless of tribe, race, nation, color...etc.
Thanks a lot! I appreciate your kindness and encouragement...
Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Leaving Nairaland by absoluteSuccess: 9:59am On Apr 17, 2018
h
Olu317:
I read through your opinion and the advice you gave the guy,which I sincerely adore your superhuman nature. The only place I differ is your assumption at generalizing the bad eggs on NL with the good ones, even if you tried to put a balance to it.
Honestly, there are people on NL who are bullish,mannerless and can't inform properly without insulting. I have had same experience on NL,at different times because of diverse opinion that we shared, which is based on individual's exposure and perception. In fact, I was banned recently by a biased moderator on NL, when a guy on particular thread that has to do with Yorubas and Ibos genetic composition. This particular first guy referred to me as ‘ape triggered' and the second man from my tribe called me a ‘bastard',. And when I categorically referred to the first man as not having an ancestors who did exploit like mine, I was banned. Can you imagine? The point here is that human beings either have good or bad characters . And NL isn't an exception to such people. So , bear with the faceless clowns that make you feel bad.

Cheers

Olu special.

May God bless you.

Its people like you that makes this site works for others, not the regular fools that are bent on creating the new world order and barking like the dogs that they are, everywhere.
Re: Leaving Nairaland by Olu317(m): 10:27am On Apr 17, 2018
absoluteSuccess:
h

Olu special.

May God bless you.

Its people like you that makes this site works for others, not the regular fools that are bent on creating the new world order and barking like the dogs that they are, everywhere.

God bless you too, great man with outstanding wisdom. Have a wonderful time.

(1) (Reply)

Foxxymobile Enugu Car Rental Enugu State Nigeria 07088373560 / Who Is He/She? / Beer Belly Saves Knifed Man's Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.