Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,494 members, 7,770,222 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:42 AM

Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) (49631 Views)

Do You Have Trypophobia? (Disturbing Photos) / Group Asks Court To Jail JOHESU Officials For Failing To Suspend Strike - Punch / 5 STDs You Can Get While Wearing A Condom (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by CastedAyo: 12:05pm On Mar 26, 2018

A child's body was infested with worms in South Africa and, according to reports, it was as a result of the child's unironed clothes.

According to @EricanM who shared the disturbing photos on tweeter, such happens when clothes are spread outside and certain insects lay eggs on them, then the eggs hatch when the clothes are worn. So in other to avoid such situation, people are advised to iron their clothes.

According to ToriMill findings, lots of people have been having same issues which was reported to hospital. They complain of body itching and within three days, small sores develops.

A yellow spot then develops from each sores as it gets ripe. Once the sore is expressed, a worm comes out of it.

Culled from; https://www.torimill.com/2018/03/see-what-happens-to-a-boy-as-a-result-of-airing-cloth-to-dry-and-failing-to-iron-it-photos.html

3 Shares

Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by HungerBAD: 12:05pm On Mar 26, 2018
Huh?
Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by taylor89(m): 12:08pm On Mar 26, 2018
Na lie abeg

I can't remember the last time i ironed my polo shirts and have not had a pinch of ant let alone maggots

The boy has eaten foods for the gods

115 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by bjayx: 12:09pm On Mar 26, 2018
How U wan take iron when PHCN plus NEPA is Ur friend

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by Zonacom(m): 12:27pm On Mar 26, 2018
Nna eh. Hope it's not contagious.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by Mhizausta(f): 12:31pm On Mar 26, 2018
Huh! shocked They better go and cleanse that line. Who has time to press all dried clothes?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by Godwinfury(m): 12:40pm On Mar 26, 2018
98% of clothes worn by almost all Nigerians are not ironed, so I don't seem to understand how this affects us.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by Nobody: 12:55pm On Mar 26, 2018
the second advantage of pressing your cloth.
Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by mhizv(f): 12:56pm On Mar 26, 2018
I think it's bot fly....it's quite gross, you can look it up

End product is usually maggots,in the skin after been bitten...I don't think this as a result of not ironing.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by UDUJ(m): 1:02pm On Mar 26, 2018
mhizv:
I think it's bot fly....it's quite gross, you can look it up

End product is usually maggots,in the skin after been bitten...I don't think this as a result of not ironing.

You are very correct. Those are Botfly maggots. They lay their eggs and the eggs hatch in their hosts (like dogs, cats and rarely humans)

21 Likes

Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by paymentvoucher: 2:16pm On Mar 26, 2018
shocked shocked oh Blood of Jesus!
Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by kellynoah: 2:16pm On Mar 26, 2018
In LAI voice.... Dis worms has nothing to do wit APC nna the work of Pdp be dis dat why we need more time to eradicate dis

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by invigilator(m): 2:17pm On Mar 26, 2018
Science Students, over to you!!

1 Like

Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by BrainnewsRadio(f): 2:18pm On Mar 26, 2018
Disgusting.. cry

Sorry boy
Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by Abfinest007(m): 2:19pm On Mar 26, 2018
apc used these kind of lies to win election
Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by vchykp(m): 2:19pm On Mar 26, 2018
these are worms, but the cause is not unironed cloths, tho am yet to know the cause because one developed below my nose when i was much younger, it was removed with RED-OIL.. i experienced it just that once, but it seems to disturb dogs a lot, if the are unkept for upto a month, its very likely you see this worm under there skin..

so its not unironed cloths, as dogs dont wear clothes talk more of ironing, dirtiness or something else that could be the cause.

2 Likes

Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 26, 2018
Before wearing your clothes!

Dust it thrice and say: All Praise is for God who has clothed me with this garment and provided it for me, with no power nor might from myself.

8 Likes

Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by peacettw: 2:21pm On Mar 26, 2018
Myiasis

1 Like

Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by innobets(m): 2:21pm On Mar 26, 2018
invigilator:
Science Students, over to you!!

Let me call Olamide baado
Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by styless(f): 2:22pm On Mar 26, 2018
shocked
Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by Nobody: 2:22pm On Mar 26, 2018
taylor89:
Na lie abeg
its real... The eggs are been laid by a kind of fly ... They only need a host to develop on... Its no new thing...

1 Like

Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by ZombieTAMER: 2:22pm On Mar 26, 2018
Abfinest007:
apc used these kind of lies to win election
taylor89:
Na lie abeg
This is true
Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by GenbIoodykiller: 2:23pm On Mar 26, 2018
UDUJ:

You are very correct. Those are Botfly maggots. They lay their eggs and the eggs hatch in their hosts (like dogs, cats and rarely humans)
when i was small i had one on the tip of my ear (that place where women do put ear rings)
at first my mum didn't know what was inside it keeps growing and releasing water and fat just like that picture.

my mum started applying it mixture of salt and oil till one day she decided to press it and poom falls out a big live maggot grin
was a chilling and funny experience then cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by Crixina(f): 2:23pm On Mar 26, 2018
Wetin person no go see for this world wey we come.
Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by Kaxmytex(m): 2:23pm On Mar 26, 2018
Everything for africa dey on para mode.. .

See worm too

2 Likes

Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by GenbIoodykiller: 2:23pm On Mar 26, 2018
cheesy
Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by Alum34(m): 2:23pm On Mar 26, 2018
South Africa stop lying, me self i get time to iron self. Where u see light to iron for naija. grin grin
Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by Emmasteev(m): 2:24pm On Mar 26, 2018
You are talking as if you don't understand how light work for Nigeria,how do we iron clothes when person don't see light for a month [size=8pt][/size][b][/b]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Last Days. Death, Funeral, Pains, Xraying the Life Of A Ymodulus, A Psycho / China: Woman Who Doesn't Like Drinking Water Found With 7,750 Gallbladder Stones / #TrashChallenge: See What Young Nigerians Are Doing With Trash In Their Areas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.