Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,931 members, 7,810,593 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) (49679 Views)

Do You Have Trypophobia? (Disturbing Photos) / Group Asks Court To Jail JOHESU Officials For Failing To Suspend Strike - Punch / 5 STDs You Can Get While Wearing A Condom (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by anoda(m): 2:24pm On Mar 26, 2018
taylor89:
Na lie abeg
its called botfly, google it, i once saw a fly laying it on feases
Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by deathwing(m): 2:26pm On Mar 26, 2018
It comes from dogs. I have had this happen to me before. It was just one, in my shoulders. Painful as shit.

1 Like

Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by justtruth88miSt(f): 2:39pm On Mar 26, 2018
this thing usually infect the bed-wetters... if ur child use to bet wet and no proper cleaning u r writing a letter to this maggot... its caused by flies...when they peck on wet and dirty clothes and peoples

1 Like

Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by otswag(m): 2:41pm On Mar 26, 2018
CastedAyo:

A child's body was infested with worms in South Africa and, according to reports, it was as a result of the child's unironed clothes.

According to @EricanM who shared the disturbing photos on tweeter, such happens when clothes are spread outside and certain insects lay eggs on them, then the eggs hatch when the clothes are worn. So in other to avoid such situation, people are advised to iron their clothes.

According to ToriMill findings, lots of people have been having same issues which was reported to hospital. They complain of body itching and within three days, small sores develops.

A yellow spot then develops from each sores as it gets ripe. Once the sore is expressed, a worm comes out of it.

Culled from; https://www.torimill.com/2018/03/see-what-happens-to-a-boy-as-a-result-of-airing-cloth-to-dry-and-failing-to-iron-it-photos.html

These are Botfly larva. A common misconception is that the Botfly lays its eggs on clothes spread outside which then infest the person that wears the unironed clothes. This isnt true. Mammals generally like Dogs, Cats etc are also infested by this larvae. Do they wear clothes? Rather, the Botfly lays its eggs on a vector e. g a live housefly or a Mosquito. When these vectors land on the skin of human, for example, the body heat stimulates the maggots to immediatly hatch and drop on the skin. The maggot then burrows into the skin and the infestation begins.
Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by Nobody: 2:41pm On Mar 26, 2018
Myiasis. It is not only caused by unironed clothes as it can lay eggs directly on humans or other insects can accidentally transport the botfly eggs to humans. We are not really its target, the botfly usually prefers to lay its eggs on wet animal fur, but can also be attracted to lay its eggs on dark coloured wet clothes hanging on a line. Ironing the clothes before wearing them will kill off the eggs.
If one is already infested with botfly larvae, they can just cover the breathing hole (they usually have a small hole through which they breathe) with thick vaseline. Once the larva starts suffocating, it will try to emerge from the hole to get air, so it can quickly be grabbed with forceps and pulled out. Pull it out whole and be careful not to crush it or cut it while it is under the skin, because this can lead to allergy etc, in some people. The best option is to go to a doctor to remove it for you by paralysing it with anaesthetic spray, then pulling it out through an incision.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by mt77: 2:43pm On Mar 26, 2018
The flies that lay the eggs on washed clothes are common around mango trees.
Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by Olii(f): 2:49pm On Mar 26, 2018
It's not about ironing clothes, it's a dirty environment I've seen where it happened here couple of times, u may think is boil but it keeps sucking the host's blood and lays more eggs as time goes. In my place we call it nfu, it can only be prevented if the environment and house is neat and u can get rid of it by pressing out the worms from the body that's all.
Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by esthy86(f): 2:49pm On Mar 26, 2018
village pple re guilty jare

how can,at least u ought to feel de pains as it enter ur body,sorry sha
Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by tealaw(m): 2:49pm On Mar 26, 2018
botfly
Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 26, 2018
This is cutaneous miasis
Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by UDUJ(m): 2:54pm On Mar 26, 2018
GenbIoodykiller:
when i was small i had one on the tip of my ear (that place where women do put ear rings)
at first my mum didn't know what was inside it keeps growing and releasing water and fat just like that picture.

my mum started applying it mixture of salt and oil till one day she decided to press it and poom falls out a big live maggot grin
was a chilling and funny experience then cheesy

Wow...I can imagine the pain you must have felt. I had a friend while in boarding house then that had like 3 of them pulled out from his leg

1 Like

Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by Jabioro: 2:58pm On Mar 26, 2018
Obtuse angle...
Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by Bjergtrolde: 3:04pm On Mar 26, 2018
mhizv:
I think it's bot fly....it's quite gross, you can look it up

End product is usually maggots,in the skin after been bitten...I don't think this as a result of not ironing.

You are right its bot fly but the temperature from the ironing kills the larvae.
Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 26, 2018
azeezhy:
This is cutaneous miasis
U have sense.
Caused by TUMBU fly.
Myiasis.

1 Like

Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by Elliot2(m): 3:10pm On Mar 26, 2018
vchykp:
these are worms, but the cause is not unironed cloths, tho am yet to know the cause because one developed below my nose when i was much younger, it was removed with RED-OIL.. i experienced it just that once, but it seems to disturb dogs a lot, if the are unkept for upto a month, its very likely you see this worm under there skin..

so its not unironed cloths, as dogs dont wear clothes talk more of ironing, dirtiness or something else that could be the cause.
the point Is,when clothes r exposed in the opening and are contaminated by those larvae of those worms, the body gets infected with it when it was not ironed with heat to kill them off.
Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by xreal: 3:17pm On Mar 26, 2018
FALSE
Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by kolysi: 3:20pm On Mar 26, 2018
Yea it's true,I have seen it happen to someone.

1 Like

Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by mankan2k7(m): 3:47pm On Mar 26, 2018
That is myastenia gravis if I got d spelling right, people can contact d egg of the insect by sleeping on a bear floor. The insect burrows into d skins of d host and lay it eggs
Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by 1Sharon(f): 3:49pm On Mar 26, 2018
deathwing:
It comes from dogs. I have had this happen to me before. It was just one, in my shoulders. Painful as shit.

Where the hell do you lot live? undecided
Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by Henri8: 3:57pm On Mar 26, 2018
Huh? South Africa again?
Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by SURElee(f): 3:58pm On Mar 26, 2018
mhizv:

End product is usually maggots,in the skin after been bitten...I don't think this as a result of not ironing.

Yes , that is why people are adviced to shake their clothes, as they take clothes off lines, so that whatever eggs of insects or insects on the clothes can fall off. Failurr to do so, when the clothes are worn without ironing as ironing kills the eggs, the eggs will contimue its breeding cycle on the hosts skin.
Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by kcfresh110: 4:22pm On Mar 26, 2018
SUPER STORY

lets talk:

Mobile/Whatsapp: 07038641600

www.jolagict.com

we are expert in
*Html,CSS,Bootstrap,Javascript,JQuery,PHP,Mysql
*Blog Design,content management systems (CMS) such as
Webpagemaker,Frontpage, wordpress, joomla, drupal,
ecommerce platforms such as opencart, magento, Abante cart,WHMCS, prestashop.
*SEO,Responsive&Mobile Friendly Site expert
*Blogs:Ghost,serendipity,eggblog
*Forums:SMF,Vanilla,phpBB,
*Polls and Survey Sites:Limesurvey,littlepoll,piwik
*Open Source Website Development & Customization / CMS Integration (Joomla, Drupal, wordpress, etc)
*E-commerce Website Development (magento, Opencart, OS Commerce, Zen Cart integration etc)
*SEO (Get Your Website Top Ranking in Google.
*Mobile Application (iOS & Android)

Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by Chyxki: 4:27pm On Mar 26, 2018
Wow... Botflies... really painful!
Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by mhizv(f): 4:32pm On Mar 26, 2018
Bjergtrolde:

You are right its bot fly but the temperature from the ironing kills the larvae.
. Ohhhh okay
Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by Nobody: 5:18pm On Mar 26, 2018
UDUJ:

You are very correct. Those are Botfly maggots. They lay their eggs and the eggs hatch in their hosts (like dogs, cats and rarely humans)

They lay their eggs on clothing too. That was how that young lady who had maggots coming out of her vjay whose video circulated online few years back got it. Probably laid eggs on her panties and when she wore it, they hatched and found their way to the vaginal canal where they grew. But trust Nigerians...when the video came out, it was labelled as the work of "Alhaji Sugar Daddy Politician" who used her for rituals.
Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by KillerBeauty(f): 5:36pm On Mar 26, 2018
So their advice now is to start ironing all our clothes. Including T-shirts, pants and boxers, socks and jeans. They are funny grin grin
Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by sprinter101(m): 5:54pm On Mar 26, 2018
mhizv:

End product is usually maggots,in the skin after been bitten...I don't think this asp a result of not ironing.

yes happened to me some years back,my mum used palm oil,just robb palm oil on it and the maggot comes out within seconds,but mine was not that much.it itches like hell and when you scratching it,its so sweet like using cotton bud in your ears
Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by ceononi: 6:03pm On Mar 26, 2018
taylor89:
Na lie abeg

I can't remember the last time i ironed my polo shirts and have not had a pinch of ant let alone maggots

The boy has eaten foods for the gods
No mind dem, even if d egg stick for my bodi, I no go baff??

Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by ameh99: 6:08pm On Mar 26, 2018
taylor89:
Na lie abeg

I can't remember the last time i ironed my polo shirts and have not had a pinch of ant let alone maggots

The boy has eaten foods for the gods

Ignorant kills...go ask Google and stop arguing blindly..
Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by UDUJ(m): 6:41pm On Mar 26, 2018
prince3009:

They lay their eggs on clothing too. That was how that young lady who had maggots coming out of her vjay whose video circulated online few years back got it. Probably laid eggs on her panties and when she wore it, they hatched and found their way to the vaginal canal where they grew. But trust Nigerians...when the video came out, it was labelled as the work of "Alhaji Sugar Daddy Politician" who used her for rituals.

cheesy grin So true. Our people must always see a fetish spiritual aspect to anything that happens cheesy

1 Like

Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by brainhgeek(m): 6:42pm On Mar 26, 2018
This is myiasis. It is the infestation of blow fly larvae.
Re: Worms Attack South African Boy For "Failing To Iron His Clothe" (Disturbing Pic) by deathwing(m): 7:08pm On Mar 26, 2018
All my life I'd always grown up around dogs. Dogs pick up the parasite from sand, and I used to play around/with dogs a little too much. This happened once sha, when i was in sec school. It really hurt me for days(in my shoulder) before a teacher at school realised what it was.

1Sharon:

Where the hell do you lot live? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please What's This Skin Deformity? (Semi Graphic) / Photos: What Kind Of Skin Disease Is This? / Wife Pours Architect Onyelowe Dandison Hot Water For Taming Their Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.