Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,473 members, 7,812,463 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

GOOD FRIDAY: Should Christians Eat Meat? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / GOOD FRIDAY: Should Christians Eat Meat? (831 Views)

Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? / Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) / Why Don't Catholics Eat Meat/flesh On Good Friday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GOOD FRIDAY: Should Christians Eat Meat? by InansBobo(m): 7:32am On Mar 30, 2018
Hello NL
I just stumbled on a post on FB where It was said that Christians are not supposed to eat meat today so I was kinda confused so decided to put up the question here. Are Christians not supposed to eat meat today? With reasons for your answers please.

Have a solemn Passion Day!
cc: OAM4J

Re: GOOD FRIDAY: Should Christians Eat Meat? by Asquare84(m): 7:42am On Mar 30, 2018
Can you kindly provide any scriptural evidence that Christian should not eat meat on good Friday or men emotional control decision
Re: GOOD FRIDAY: Should Christians Eat Meat? by doyinbaby(f): 7:44am On Mar 30, 2018
Bible says let no man judge you in meat or in drink or in respect of a holy day
Re: GOOD FRIDAY: Should Christians Eat Meat? by InansBobo(m): 7:48am On Mar 30, 2018
Asquare84:
Can you kindly provide any scriptural evidence that Christian should not eat meat on good Friday or men emotional control decision
actually not in the Bible but according to the Catholic Doctrine,
It's believed Jesus Christ suffered and died on the cross on a Friday, Christians from the very beginning have set aside that day to remember this and 'unite their sufferings'.

This led the Church to mark every Friday as a 'Good Friday', where people remember the Passion by offering the 'penance'.

Meat was seen as a worthy sacrifice as it was linked with feasts and celebrations.

In ancient cultures meat was seen as a delicacy and "the fattened calf" wasn't slaughtered unless there was something to celebrate.

Fridays were seen as a day of penance so eating meat on a Friday to "celebrate" the death of Jesus didn't sit well with the Catholic Church.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GOOD FRIDAY: Should Christians Eat Meat? by Asquare84(m): 9:56am On Mar 30, 2018
InansBobo:
actually not in the Bible but according to the Catholic Doctrine,
It's believed Jesus Christ suffered and died on the cross on a Friday, Christians from the very beginning have set aside that day to remember this and 'unite their sufferings'.

This led the Church to mark every Friday as a 'Good Friday', where people remember the Passion by offering the 'penance'.

Meat was seen as a worthy sacrifice as it was linked with feasts and celebrations.

In ancient cultures meat was seen as a delicacy and "the fattened calf" wasn't slaughtered unless there was something to celebrate.

Fridays were seen as a day of penance so eating meat on a Friday to "celebrate" the death of Jesus didn't sit well with the Catholic Church.

Are Christian surposr to follow Catholics doctrine or the principle of bible
Re: GOOD FRIDAY: Should Christians Eat Meat? by terrezo2002(m): 10:03am On Mar 30, 2018
Asquare84:

I am not a Catholic, but if they do this to remember the sufferings and sacrifices of the Lord Jesus, I think it is good. It will help us to check our ways and see if we are living for Christ or not
Re: GOOD FRIDAY: Should Christians Eat Meat? by Asquare84(m): 10:13am On Mar 30, 2018
terrezo2002:

I am not a Catholic, but if they do this to remember the sufferings and sacrifices of the Lord Jesus, I think it is good. It will help us to check our ways and see if we are living for Christ or not

O.k that doctrine is only for catholic
Re: GOOD FRIDAY: Should Christians Eat Meat? by InansBobo(m): 3:03pm On Mar 30, 2018
Asquare84:

the bible actually but it's what the Catholic brought to us that we are modifying these days
Re: GOOD FRIDAY: Should Christians Eat Meat? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 30, 2018
InansBobo:
Hello NL
I just stumbled on a post on FB where It was said that Christians are not supposed to eat meat today so I was kinda confused so decided to put up the question here. Are Christians not supposed to eat meat today? With reasons for your answers please.

Have a solemn Passion Day!
cc: OAM4J
Yes they should eat meat.in fact they should eat more of it that day
Re: GOOD FRIDAY: Should Christians Eat Meat? by InansBobo(m): 3:09pm On Mar 30, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Yes they should eat meat.in fact they should eat more of it that day
okay, but why did you said so?
Re: GOOD FRIDAY: Should Christians Eat Meat? by InansBobo(m): 3:10pm On Mar 30, 2018
terrezo2002:

is it by not eating meat? but they are still allowed to eat fish.
WHY MEAT
Re: GOOD FRIDAY: Should Christians Eat Meat? by InansBobo(m): 3:12pm On Mar 30, 2018
Asquare84:

O.k that doctrine is only for catholic
but other Old churches follow that too eg Methodist, etc
Re: GOOD FRIDAY: Should Christians Eat Meat? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Mar 30, 2018
InansBobo:
okay, but why did you said so?
Why I said so because there is no scriptural basis for not eating meat on a good Friday. What is the use not eating meat on good Friday but you can eat other days?. So eat as much as you like if you can.
Re: GOOD FRIDAY: Should Christians Eat Meat? by InansBobo(m): 5:01pm On Mar 30, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Why I said so because there is no scriptural basis for not eating meat on a good Friday. What is the use not eating meat on good Friday but you can eat other days?. So eat as much as you like if you can.
ok, I get ur point
Re: GOOD FRIDAY: Should Christians Eat Meat? by suremanpatriot: 10:40pm On Mar 30, 2018
...those who are true believers will honor God by observing the Christian rites and sacred days.
Just abstaining a day from eatin meat for CHRIST SAKE will not kill you. THANK YOU JESUS CHRIST FOR A DAY LIKE THIS YOU DIED FOR MANKIND TO BE SAVED FROM ETERNAL DESTRUCTION. HALLELUJAH! grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I'm An Atheist Who Loves Gospel Music. Do I Promote Un-reason? / Skeptism About Darwinian Evolution Grows As 1000+ Scientists Share Their Doubts / I Was Given A Code In The Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.