Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide (4134 Views)

The War In Syria And End Time Prophecy: Any Correlation? / Anglican Dean, 2 Doctors Facilitate Assisted Suicide Of Elderly Couple / All Fulfilled Prophecies In The Bible: Apart From End Time Prophecies. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Butterflyleo: 8:44am On Apr 02, 2018
Gggg102:

if the patient doesn't want euthanasia, the doctor wouldn't give him.

pro choice to prolife

Euthanasia: A doctor is allowed by law to end a person's life by a painless means, as long as the patient and their family agree. Assisted suicide: A doctor assists a patient to commit suicide if they request it.

There is no Pro life in euthanasia and physician assisted suicide because it is not the doctor who suggests euthanasia to his patient but it is the patient who presents the choice of assisted suicide or euthanasia to the doctor.

The patient already wishes to die so presents it to the doctor to help him do it.

Please read to understand before always quoting me ignorantly as you always do.
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Gggg102(m): 8:48am On Apr 02, 2018
Emmanystone:

Wait, when you say 'everyone should be allowed'..., are you implying that the choice or rights to do what one wishes with their lives has been denied them in the past? It's a choice to do what you feel best for your life, that is why no one seeks anyone's permission to commit suicide.

suicide is a crime. even according to the Bible. nobody is free to commit suicide the same way nobody is free to rape. they do it in secret.

...Folks have been committing suicide from Adam, it's has been their right. No one arrests the corpse for killing itself...

folks have been raping since Adam. is it also their right? the fact that people have been doing it doesn't make it a right. especially when the laws are against it.

no one arrest corpse because you can't prosecute corpse. but you can be arrested for attempting suicide.

...I agree with totally with you. It's your right. And that right has been put to use before today. Hasn't Euthenasia been done with the patient's or its relatives consent in the past? It has...

in a few places where it is legal. doctors can be prosecuted if they performed euthanasia with patient's consent because it is illegal.

...Now, why they want the law now? Why take authority or coverage to.do what has been in operation for long? My guess is that, even when it will be passed into law, it'll still depend on the consent of the patient. Why then do they need the law behind them if they have no long term agenda?

if the patient consents but the law doesn't allow it, the doctor can be prosecuted. they need the backing of the law.

if the law backs euthanasia, it will still be up to the patient and the doctor will not be prosecuted for carrying out the patient's will.

...This is what has been operational without the law, and no one has frowned against it, why call for backup now? This is where my suspicion lies

it has been operational where it was legal.

in places where it is illegal, the doctors can be prosecuted when the patient ask for it and the doctor gives it to him. that's why they need the backing of the law.
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Emmanystone: 8:53am On Apr 02, 2018
Gggg102:

in states where it's illegal, doctors can't do it if the patient request for it. they could be prosecuted even when it was the patient's choice to die.
So, now the doctors wants this power badly so they can also kill those who despite their conditions may want to live on, yeah?

If this law existed when Hawkins got so sick, the poor man would have been killed by some psycho believing he was doing him a favour. But Hawkins accepted his fate and lived to be 70+. If for nothing else, he saw his kids grow. He added to the Science community.

We hear of suicides. No 'okay' person gets up to kill themselves, but people still put a gun to their heads. People still take pills and die, yet no corpse has been reported to have been arrested for that.

People have the right to choose if they want to live or die. No law should mandate anyone to take the life of another man.

My fear is not for those who may actually want to be killed, it is for the malicious doctors that may use this law to commit murder against those who like Hawkins may want to continue living regardless of their conditions.

1 Like

Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Gggg102(m): 9:06am On Apr 02, 2018
Emmanystone:

So, now the doctors wants this power badly so they can also kill those who despite their conditions may want to live on, yeah?

wrong!

the doctors are not killing people who want to live. they are killing people who ask the doctor to kill them. the doctor does not make the decision, the decision is the patient's.

///If this law existed when Hawkins got so sick, the poor man would have been killed by some psycho believing he was doing him a favour. But Hawkins accepted his fate and lived to be 70+. If for nothing else, he saw his kids grow. He added to the Science community///

if this law existed and Hawkings asked to be killed, the doctors would have killed him.

if Hawking wanted to live, the doctor would let him live.

///We hear of suicides. No 'okay' person gets up to kill themselves, but people still put a gun to their heads. People still take pills and die, yet no corpse has been reported to have been arrested for that///

because they can't prosecute corpses. but suicide is still illegal.

///People have the right to choose if they want to live or die. No law should mandate anyone to take the life of another man///

the law is not mandating anyone to take the life of another man. the person who goes to doctor for assisted suicide already wants to die. the doctor only assists in the suicide

the doctor does not make the decision. it is fully the decision of the patient.

///My fear is not for those who may actually want to be killed, it is for the malicious doctors that may use this law to commit murder against those who like Hawkins may want to continue living regardless of their conditions///

the law does not give the doctors power to kill people against their will, it gives the doctor power to kill those who want to die.
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Gggg102(m): 9:09am On Apr 02, 2018
Butterflyleo:

There is no Pro life in euthanasia and physician assisted suicide because it is not the doctor who suggests euthanasia to his patient but it is the patient who presents the choice of assisted suicide or euthanasia to the doctor.

The patient already wishes to die so presents it to the doctor to help him do it.

so why blame the doctor?

it is the patients choice to die. the doctors are only asking for the right to carry out the patient's choice without being prosecuted.
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Emmanystone: 9:27am On Apr 02, 2018
Gggg102:

suicide is a crime. even according to the Bible. nobody is free to commit suicide the same way nobody is free to rape. they do it in secret.
Ah, if we are looking at it from that angle, then what the doctors are advocating for is crime which warrants arrest.
No one can give themselves life, hence, no one has any right to take it, even theirs.

Gggg102:

folks have been raping since Adam. is it also their right? the fact that people have been doing it doesn't make it a right. especially when the laws are against it.
See? That's my point. I only didn't want to be too Christian by saying 'Absolutely no one has the right to take a life except God who created it', but i decided to just be neutral.
If rape is a crime just like suicide is, then what the doctors are advocating for is a graver crime. Why? because they want power to do it without questioning.

[quoteno one arrest corpse because you can't prosecute corpse. but you can be arrested for attempting suicide.[/quote]
Yes i agree. That is because it's wrong both sides. The Law 'thou shall not kill' influenced the secular law. Why then do the doctors wantt suicide legalized? Won't they come up later in future to demand for a law to legalize rape?

Gggg102:

in a few places where it is legal. doctors can be prosecuted if they performed euthanasia with patient's consent because it is illegal.
Who becomes the plaintiff in the case? The patient won't sue because he wants it. His relatives won't sue, because they agree with their loved one. That leaves who to push the case?

Gggg102:

if the patient consents but the law doesn't allow it, the doctor can be prosecuted. they need the backing of the law.
In that case, before the pro-lifers commit their lives into the hands of doctors, questions shd be asked.

If an atheist can take a gun and walk into a church and shoot people just for believing God, what won't atheist doctors armed with the right to kill do?

Gggg102:

it has been operational where it was legal.
It is hard to believe that doctors haven't been killing people illegally. Now they want power to do so. Hmmm

Gggg102:

in places where it is illegal, the doctors can be prosecuted when the patient ask for it and the doctor gives it to him. that's why they need the backing of the law.
Hmmm. And when they get it, they can kill the pro-lifes.
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Emmanystone: 9:32am On Apr 02, 2018
Gggg102:

wrong!

the doctors are not killing people who want to live. they are killing people who ask the doctor to kill them. the doctor does not make the decision, the decision is the patient's.

///If this law existed when Hawkins got so sick, the poor man would have been killed by some psycho believing he was doing him a favour. But Hawkins accepted his fate and lived to be 70+. If for nothing else, he saw his kids grow. He added to the Science community///

if this law existed and Hawkings asked to be killed, the doctors would have killed him.

if Hawking wanted to live, the doctor would let him live.

///We hear of suicides. No 'okay' person gets up to kill themselves, but people still put a gun to their heads. People still take pills and die, yet no corpse has been reported to have been arrested for that///

because they can't prosecute corpses. but suicide is still illegal.

///People have the right to choose if they want to live or die. No law should mandate anyone to take the life of another man///

the law is not mandating anyone to take the life of another man. the person who goes to doctor for assisted suicide already wants to die. the doctor only assists in the suicide

the doctor does not make the decision. it is fully the decision of the patient.

///My fear is not for those who may actually want to be killed, it is for the malicious doctors that may use this law to commit murder against those who like Hawkins may want to continue living regardless of their conditions///

the law does not give the doctors power to kill people against their will, it gives the doctor power to kill those who want to die.
Okay then. But, when a doctor prescribes deadly drugs to an already sick and poor person and the patient dies, who will sue the doctor? because it's only in court that the patients records will be checked to see he was killed by a doctor.
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Gggg102(m): 9:37am On Apr 02, 2018
Emmanystone:

Ah, if we are look at it from that angle, then what the doctors are advocating for is crime which warrants arrest.
No one can give themselves life, hence, no one has any right to take it, even theirs.

then no one has the right to elongate life also.

///See? That's my point. I only didn't want to be too Christian by saying 'Absolutely no one has the right to take a life except God who created it', but i decided to just be neutral.

If rape is a crime just like suicide is, then what the doctors are advocating for is a graver crime///

but suicide really shouldn't be a crime in the first place because freewill. it is your life, you get to do whatever you want to do with it. in rape, you are acting against the freewill of the victim so it is a crime.

///Why? because they want power to do it without questioning///

exactly!
why should the doctor be questioned in the first place when it was the patient's decision to be killed?

the doctor wasn't the one and wouldn't be the one to make the decision. he only carries out the patient's will.
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Butterflyleo: 9:37am On Apr 02, 2018
Gggg102:

so why blame the doctor?

it is the patients choice to die. the doctors are only asking for the right to carry out the patient's choice without being prosecuted.

Do you see why I say you need to stop quoting me ignorantly?

The idea of euthanasia as an option was originated by doctors. Patients only wish to leverage off it. This is why sometimes doctors advice the parents to unplug their children from life support since they are not likely to recover from their coma or other related issues.

Doctors are sworn to save lives and not to take them and the prevalence of euthanasia is more common among atheist or irreligious doctors than among theist doctors (a study has shown this)

So the researchers adviced that people who desire to live longer should seek the religious position or views of their doctors before accepting them as their physicians. The details are too deep to go into here and now.

Just know this, and that is ethanasia has no pro life attached to it. It was not originated by patients. Doctors are seeking legal grounds to embark on such despite claiming that patients can experience spontaneous recoveries or remissions. If that were true then why the cloak and dagger approach to euthanasia if there was truly such a medical thing as spontaneous recoveries or spontaneous remissions?

1% chance is a chance and life is too sensitive to be placed in the hands of men who may decide to just take it because they are having a bad day at home.
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by CuteMadridista: 9:38am On Apr 02, 2018
Emmanystone:

If this law existed when Hawkins got so sick, the poor man would have been killed by some psycho believing he was doing him a favour. But Hawkins accepted his fate and lived to be 70+. If for nothing else, he saw his kids grow. He added to the Science community.

You keep proving you have no idea what you're even arguing against

If the doctor "Kills" a patient who wants to live on, then its NOT DAS!

Get yourself some bits of education on this topic so you don't keep spilling this ignorance despite being corrected again and again.

Also the "Psycho doctor" can't possibly perform DAS on a patient and claim to everyone else the patient chose it. This is exactly why checks and balances are there to prevent such psycho. for instance in USA the physician can't act alone as both internal check would be made by doctors too and an external physician would be consulted to prevent the doctor having autonomous powers

http://physician-assisted-suicide.weebly.com/requirements-for-pas.html

Now do you have any cogent point to make against DAS?

1 Like

Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Gggg102(m): 9:42am On Apr 02, 2018
Emmanystone:

Okay then. But, when a doctor prescribes deadly drugs to an already sick and poor person and the patient dies, who will sue the doctor? because it's only in court that the patients records will be checked to see he was killed by a doctor.

the family if the patient did not consent or his family did not consent.

if the patient and his family consented, but it was illegal, the government can sue him.
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Gggg102(m): 9:47am On Apr 02, 2018
Emmanystone:

Ah, if we are look at it from that angle, then what the doctors are advocating for is crime which warrants arrest.

See? That's my point. I only didn't want to be too Christian by saying 'Absolutely no one has the right to take a life except God who created it', but i decided to just be neutral.
If rape is a crime just like suicide is, then what the doctors are advocating for is a graver crime. Why? because they want power to do it without questioning.

again they can't kill pro lifers when they get it.

if the patient is a pro lifer, and he decides not to get it, the doctor can't give it to him.

the doctor is only a tool. he doesn't decides who gets it or who doesn't.

he only gives it to those who wants it and doesn't give it to those who refuses it.
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Emmanystone: 9:49am On Apr 02, 2018
benzics:

LOL.. A long pile of trash and meaningless rebuttals.. Oya clap for yourself

Why would god test job when he claims to be omniscient?? Why will god destroy humans whose whole actions were programmed by him? It just goes a long way to prove how senseless, confused and blood thirsty he is
I thought i'd met the last confused person till i met you. Wow.
Did you say 'Programmed'. You mean you are a programmed robot? You have no Will power to decide what you want abi?
So, God programmed you to hate Him now right? You are programmed against your will to steal, lie and commit fornication abi? When you got that girl pregnant and both of you killed that human, it was programmed into you by God abi? You are also programmed to blaspheme and insult the Most High God abi? You are so smart, it scares me.

Satan your lies are just too glaring, am shocked you can't see them.
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Emmanystone: 9:51am On Apr 02, 2018
CuteMadridista:

This is exactly why I'm telling you there's a difference between DAS and euthanasia. in euthanasia the patient's consent is a grey area while in DAS patient's consent is of utmost importance

Physician-assisted suicide is often confused with
euthanasia . In cases of euthanasia the physician administers the means of death, usually a lethal drug. In physician-assisted suicide, it is required that a person of
sound mind voluntarily expresses his or her wish to die and requests a dose of medication that will end his or her life. The distinguishing aspect is that physician-assisted suicide requires the patient to self-administer the medication.

Like I said you don't even know what you're arguing against and you're just shooting sporadically for shooting sake

and No, DAS hasn't been "happening" all along, stop trotting out wrong info or you have any proof to back that up? if DAS is done without the patient's consent then its NOT DAS! the word "Suicide" there becomes void if the patient's consent wasn't given

Its makes no sense to keep arguing when you're not even aware of the basics of what you're arguing for or against
Lolzzzz. You are only making noise. What is the end result of both Assisted Suicide and Suicide? Death, aren't it?
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Emmanystone: 9:52am On Apr 02, 2018
dalaman:

According to the folklore you subscribe to
, your God commited suicide by sacrificing himself unto himself so that humans can be saved through his act of suicide abi? Well done.
Here comes the world's giant dumbo. Can anything intelligible ever come out of you?

1 Like

Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Emmanystone: 9:54am On Apr 02, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Why then are the doctors suing for rights instead of the patients is what i'm asking?
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Gggg102(m): 9:55am On Apr 02, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Do you see why I say you need to stop quoting me ignorantly?

The idea of euthanasia as an option was originated by doctors. Patients only wish to leverage off it. This is why sometimes doctors advice the parents to unplug their children from life support since they are not likely to recover from their coma or other related issues.

Doctors are sworn to save lives and not to take them and the prevalence of euthanasia is more common among atheist or irreligious doctors than among theist doctors (a study has shown this)

So the researchers adviced that people who desire to live longer should seek the religious position or views of their doctors before accepting them as their physicians. The details are too deep to go into here and now.

Just know this, and that is ethanasia has no pro life attached to it. It was not originated by patients. Doctors are seeking legal grounds to embark on such despite claiming that patients can experience spontaneous recoveries or remissions. If that were true then why the cloak and dagger approach to euthanasia if there was truly such a medical thing as spontaneous recoveries or spontaneous remissions?

1% chance is a chance and life is too sensitive to be placed in the hands of men who may decide to just take it because they are having a bad day at home.

doctors can only advice. they don't make decisions.

doctors are not seeking legal grounds to kill people with a weak recovery chance. they are not asking for power to decide if a patient lives or dies.

they are seeking legal grounds to kill patients that ask to be killed.

a doctor having a bad day and unplugging a patient commits murder.
doctor assisted suicide is done with the consent of the patient.
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by CuteMadridista: 9:55am On Apr 02, 2018
Emmanystone:

Lolzzzz. You are only making noise. What is the end result of both Assisted Suicide and Suicide? Death, aren't it?

What reasonable argument do you have against DAS?

all you've been doing so far is committing the Slippery slope fallacy
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Butterflyleo: 9:58am On Apr 02, 2018
Emmanystone:

Why then are the doctors suing for rights instead of the patients is what i'm asking?

That's what they fail to realise. The patient should be the one suing for rights after all its his life but you find the doctors now doing the suing .very funny isn't it?
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by benzics(m): 9:59am On Apr 02, 2018
Emmanystone:

I thought i'd met the last confused person till i met you. Wow.
Did you say 'Programmed'. You mean you are a programmed robot? You have no Will power to decide what you want abi?
So, God programmed you to hate Him now right? You are programmed against your will to steal, lie and commit fornication abi? When you got that girl pregnant and both of you killed that human, it was programmed into you by God abi? You are also programmed to blaspheme and insult the Most High God abi? You are so smart, it scares me.

Satan your lies are just too glaring, am shocked you can't see them.

Lol.. Are you this dull? You lots believe in predestination, which means everything we are doing is a result of our various programmings... Unless you don't believe in predestination.. Do you?
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by CuteMadridista: 10:03am On Apr 02, 2018
Gggg102:

doctors are not seeking legal grounds to kill people with a weak recovery chance. they are not asking for power to decide if a patient lives or dies.

Let me add that I have a fairly good knowledge about DAS in certain US states and the doctor CAN'T act alone as there are checks and balances so having a bad day then killing a terminally I'll patient would land such a doc in hot soup
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by CuteMadridista: 10:05am On Apr 02, 2018
Emmanystone:

Where did you get the info that doctors are the ones fighting for this right?
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Butterflyleo: 10:06am On Apr 02, 2018
Gggg102:

Let me show you a doctors advice.

Doctor: you have end stage cancer and are not expected to live beyond 6 weeks. (Very depressing)

Doctor to patients family: we have done series of tests and see no sign of improvement with his condition. Even if he does survive he would be a vegetable for the rest of his life, unable to talk, prop his head by himself, unable to poop by himself, so you would be expected to take care of him in this state for the rest of his natural life (very depressing too)

Doctor continues: I know this is not pleasant but he will be more or less useless. We can however let him die peacefully so he wouldn't have to go through all of that.

Patients family: we need some time to discuss it and get back to you.

Patients family much later: doctor we thank you for what you told us and how hard and painful this would be for our son and it would hurt us seeing him this way for the rest of his life. He used to be so full of life and bubbling with energy and we know that whatever we say now is what he would want. We wish to sign the papers so he can be allowed to die peacefully.

Now from what you just read, would you call that an advice or a subtle push in the direction of assisted suicide from the doctor.
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Gggg102(m): 10:09am On Apr 02, 2018
Emmanystone:

the patients should sue for the rights it makes sense . the doctors can also sue for the right because they are also involved. if they perform das where it is illegal, they could be prosecuted.

then again they are asking for right to commit suicide. it affects the doctors more in the long run because after cashing in on this right, the patient dies. nothing else matters again. o ti pari. he is dead. nothing affects him again. but the doctor, who assisted in the suicide still lives. he faces the law. he is still subject to the world and everything that happens in it. the right not to be prosecuted matters to him.
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by dalaman: 10:10am On Apr 02, 2018
Butterflyleo:

What fate can be worse than death? Is living with pain the end of anything? Is living with a terminal sickness an immediate death sentence?

Yes living with pain is the end of many things. Back in 2006 I lost a dear friend whom we were schooling together in Germany. We came home for the summer holiday and he was involved in a car accident. He got burnt inside the car but was somehow able to open the door and come outside(the driver died inside and was burnt beyond recognition). The people around were able to put the fire on him out but it was already too late. He suffered first degree burns all over his body. When we went to visit him a day after in the hospital together with his dad his dad cried openly and prayed to his God in our presence(when we went outside) to take his life because he could not stand to see the pains he was in and knowing that we are in Nigeria his son will never fully recover, the hospital he was taken to was out of supplies, the couldn't bandage him up completely, they left some parts opened, you could see the charred parts of his body that were left uncovered, even his eyes were burnt. He was totally burnt, some parts of his body were just roasted. It was a totally hopeless situation. Never seen a person that burnt and still alive.

Outside Nigeria he could stand a very minimal chance but in naija and in that kind of remote hospital, he'll only suffer before he dies and he died 3 days later. Even the doctors and nurses were suprised he survived for that long because he lived almost 4 days after the accident before he died in that very terrible state. Everybody that saw him including his mum (and my mum) silently prayed to their God put and end to his life. My mum told me that God should call him home so that he'll rest and she's a doctor herself. When I called my mum on the phone and told her that he was dead, she said God has answered their prayers and he will now rest.

Don't you just sit down there and be talking trash when there are many christians all over the world that are silently praying to their God to take the lives of their loved ones and end their suffering in hopeless medical situations. My mum is a doctor and over the years I've heard her and her colleagues say things like Patient A or patient B' s case is so pathetic. They are just praying to God to call them home so that they'll rest because of the hopeless medical situation they are in.

My friend's parent prayed to their God to end their son's life, my mum prayed with them as well. If they had an option for DAS they'll opt for it. In that my late friend's situation DAS is the humane thing to do. Allowing or forcing a person to live in that kind of very terrible condition when the person tells you he wants his life to be ended is actually inhumane.

If I were a doctor and he told me to assist him in ending his life in that kind of very terrible situation I'll do it. Because his situation was totally hopeless and he was in endless excruciating pains.

If a patient is in a coma and unable to decide for himself if he should live or die who has the right to decide for the patient? What if the patient wishes to live and he ends up being killed who then is to blame?

A patient in comma can not tell a doctor to assist him to commit suicide. DAS is what we are talking about here.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Gggg102(m): 10:14am On Apr 02, 2018
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by dalaman: 10:15am On Apr 02, 2018
Emmanystone:

Here comes the world's giant dumbo. Can anything intelligible ever come out of you?

Shut up. Your God commited suicide. He sacrificed himself unto himself.
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by CuteMadridista: 10:15am On Apr 02, 2018
dalaman:

A patient in comma can not tell a doctor to assist him to commit suicide. DAS is what we are talking about here.

Exactly! This is what I've been repeating but it seems I'm talking to a brick wall

They're busy attacking a strawman
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Gggg102(m): 10:15am On Apr 02, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Let me show you a doctors advice.

Doctor: you have end stage cancer and are not expected to live beyond 6 weeks. (Very depressing)

Doctor to patients family: we have done series of tests and see no sign of improvement with his condition. Even if he does survive he would be a vegetable for the rest of his life, unable to talk, prop his head by himself, unable to poop by himself, so you would be expected to take care of him in this state for the rest of his natural life (very depressing too)

Doctor continues: I know this is not pleasant but he will be more or less useless. We can however let him die peacefully so he wouldn't have to go through all of that.

Patients family: we need some time to discuss it and get back to you.

Patients family much later: doctor we thank you for what you told us and how hard and painful this would be for our son and it would hurt us seeing him this way for the rest of his life. He used to be so full of life and bubbling with energy and we know that whatever we say now is what he would want. We wish to sign the papers so he can be allowed to die peacefully.

Now from what you just read, would you call that an advice or a subtle push in the direction of assisted suicide from the doctor.

advice/subtle push, the patient still makes the decision.

the snake subtly pushed Eve. but she still made her decision.

Satan subtly pushed Jesus, he still made his decision.

and more applicable,

Job's friends subtly pushed him, but he still made his decision.
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Butterflyleo: 10:17am On Apr 02, 2018
dalaman:

Yes living with pain is the end of many things. Back in 2006 I lost a dear friend whom we were schooling together in Germany. We came home for the summer holiday and he was involved in a car accident. He got burnt inside the car but was somehow able to open the door and come outside(the driver died inside and was burnt beyond recognition). The people around were able to put the fire on him out but it was already too late. He suffered first degree burns all over his body. When we went to visit him a day after in the hospital together with his dad his dad cried openly and prayed to his God in our presence(when we went outside) to take his life because he could not stand to see the pains he was in and knowing that we are in Nigeria his son will never fully recover, the hospital he was taken to was out of supplies, the couldn't bandage him up completely, they left some parts opened, you could see the charred parts of his body that were left uncovered, even his eyes were burnt. He was totally burnt, some parts of his body were just roasted. It was a totally hopeless situation. Never seen a person that burnt and still alive.

Outside Nigeria he could stand a very minimal chance but in naija and in that kind of remote hospital, he'll only suffer before he dies and he died 3 days later. Even the doctors and nurses were suprised he survived for that long because he lived almost 4 days after the accident before he died in that very terrible state. Everybody that saw him including his mum (and my mum) silently prayed to their God put and end to his life. My mum told me that God should call him home so that he'll rest and she's a doctor herself. When I called my mum on the phone and told her that he was dead, she said God has answered their prayers and he will now rest.

Don't you just sit down there and be talking trash when there are many christians all over the world that are silently praying to their God to take the lives of their loved ones and end their suffering in hopeless medical situations. My mum is a doctor and over the years I've heard her and her colleagues say things like Patient A or patient B' s case is so pathetic. They are just praying to God to call them home so that they'll rest because of the hopeless medical situation they are in.

My friend's parent prayed to their God to end their son's life, my mum prayed with them as well. If they had an option for DAS they'll opt for it. In that my late friend's situation DAS is the humane thing to do. Allowing or forcing a person to live in that kind of very terrible condition when the person tells you he wants his life to be ended is actually inhumane.

If I were a doctor and he told me to assist him in ending his life in that kind of very terrible situation I'll do it. Because his situation was totally hopeless and he was in endless excruciating pains.

We are talking about DAS and euthanasia and not just DAS.

You somehow seem to always have experiences directly linked to topics of discussion grin cheesy

Isn't that very peculiar and a gamblers dream? grin

And by the way, the worst born condition is a 3RD DEGREE BURN and not A 1ST DEGREE. Your alleged friend died through negligence and your analogy does not meet the standard of DAS or euthanasia.
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Butterflyleo: 10:19am On Apr 02, 2018
Gggg102:

advice/subtle push, the patient still makes the decision.

the snake subtly pushed Eve. but she still made her decision.

Satan subtly pushed Jesus, he still made his decision.

and more applicable,

Job's friends subtly pushed him, but he still made his decision.

The serpent pushed eve subtly but she made her decision but did the serpent escape his own punishment for the same subtle push?
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by CuteMadridista: 10:20am On Apr 02, 2018
dalaman:

Exactly! This is what I've been repeating but it seems I'm talking to a brick wall. DAS is the topic and DAS is different from Euthanasia even though they are similar in many ways

They're busy attacking a strawman

I don't think there's really any intelligent argument against DAS and I was hoping to see some that I never considered but its been unintelligent and ignorant arguments I've seen so far

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Baptism Of Jesus Is The Antitype Of Salvation For Sinners / What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. / Psalms 50 - Reveals The Heart And Mind Of God On Giving/tithing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.