Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,587 members, 7,820,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide (4129 Views)

The War In Syria And End Time Prophecy: Any Correlation? / Anglican Dean, 2 Doctors Facilitate Assisted Suicide Of Elderly Couple / All Fulfilled Prophecies In The Bible: Apart From End Time Prophecies. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by CuteMadridista: 7:04am On Apr 01, 2018
Emmanystone:

Oh hopefullandlord. I am saved, i am at peace with the world around me. I have joy unspeakable. I forgive easily. Pride is dead in me. It takes nothing for me to apologize when in the wrong. I am not rebellious to authority. I am a giver, i can give the last i have and go with nothing.

What another has does not catch my eyes. I am a contented person. I love people. I don't look down on others because of their estate. My house has no door. I am a friend of children and the elderly. I love.

All these and many more are as a result of me surrendering to God. These were things i couldn't do before now. But now, i don't atruggle with them anymore.

I have deep seated conviction that God is alive. I have a solid testimony to that effect. Yet i will be hurt because a demon possessed, God hating angry boy says God does not exist? Wow. This makes for a good laugh.

If only you know how much i pity you. Satan will deceive you to the point of death, when you breath your last, he shall leave your body, taking another as host, then you'd realize why i feel pity for you.

Keep trying to hurt me by saying God is imaginary.

Oh my lawwd, who reasons like this?

Hmmmmm Okay. you're correct. let's face the topic
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by CuteMadridista: 7:55am On Apr 01, 2018
So I went through Benzics posts and I thought the except below belonged to him till I saw the poster

only kids and bullies reason that way. They come and push you when you are not giving them attention. They spit on you when you ignore them, they do everything just to get your attention as if you have a precious toy belonging to them in your possession.

Lmao! Can't believe the Psychological projection Hahahahahahahaha. Of all people grin

Me I just dey mind my business o!
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Butterflyleo: 8:23am On Apr 01, 2018
CuteMadridista:

You're pulling a strawman or you're not comprehending

None of us said Hawking should shoot himself or a doctor should kill him. that's a huge misrepresentation of our (my) stand

We aren't "Anti-life" or "Pro-Death" but rather "Pro-Choice". You're committing the false dichotomy fallacy by thinking anyone not pro life must be pro death. We think all humans should make a choice whether to continue bearing unrelenting suffering or put him/herself outta his/her misery

It would interest you that regardless of your stand our stand is what reality is inclined to, Reality doesn't give a rat's ass behind what some people think. People who're facing debilitating health conditions make the choices no matter what anyone says or does. Choice is what we're arguing for and I feel a doctor is better to assist if the patient deems it fit after due process is followed like seeing a psychiatrist and being certified sane and he knows fully well what s/he's getting into

The cunning deceptiveness of atheism grin

Pro choice which leads to death is it not pro death? No difference between the deception of the devil and atheists.

All of you eat from the same plate of deception.
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Butterflyleo: 8:25am On Apr 01, 2018
CuteMadridista:
So I went through Benzics posts and I thought the except below belonged to him till I saw the poster

only kids and bullies reason that way. They come and push you when you are not giving them attention. They spit on you when you ignore them, they do everything just to get your attention as if you have a precious toy belonging to them in your possession.

Lmao! Can't believe the Psychological projection Hahahahahahahaha. Of all people grin

Me I just dey mind my business o!

Did you not just prove me right even on the thread about Jews not believing in Jesus? You were quick to book space yet to you Jesus does not exist. You must be very mentally troubled indeed grin

I dey your back. Don't worry.
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Emmanystone: 12:39pm On Apr 01, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Last time I checked, only kids and bullies reason that way. They come and push you when you are not giving them attention. They spit on you when you ignore them, they do everything just to get your attention as if you have a precious toy belonging to them in your possession.

The guy is a child in his head. Even the comments that come out of his mouth just makes me pity him the more. I can imagine h beating his chest and saying "e pain am" where he is when nobody knows his name, nobody knows his face, nobody even cares. A faceless forum such as this where he can be regarded as a nobody is now assuming that based on this, his comments would hold value? grin

My sister rock on joor. Dem say to baff for jacuzzi different from to baff for gutter even when mad men dey claim say all baff na baff na lie. cheesy

I thank God for your Jacuzzi that has cleaned you out.
He is indeed a child in his head. It's very funny to know that the atheists objectives here is to hurt Christians by insulting God.

This is the lowest level of cowardice.

1 Like

Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Butterflyleo: 12:47pm On Apr 01, 2018
Emmanystone:

He is indeed a child in his head. It's very funny to know that the atheists objectives here is to hurt Christians by insulting God.

This is the lowest level of cowardice.

Cowardice is the word indeed
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Emmanystone: 12:47pm On Apr 01, 2018
CuteMadridista:

You're pulling a strawman or you're not comprehending

None of us said Hawking should shoot himself or a doctor should kill him. that's a huge misrepresentation of our (my) stand

We aren't "Anti-life" or "Pro-Death" but rather "Pro-Choice". You're committing the false dichotomy fallacy by thinking anyone not pro life must be pro death. We think all humans should make a choice whether to continue bearing unrelenting suffering or put him/herself outta his/her misery

It would interest you that regardless of your stand our stand is what reality is inclined to, Reality doesn't give a rat's ass behind what some people think. People who're facing debilitating health conditions make the choices no matter what anyone says or does. Choice is what we're arguing for and I feel a doctor is better to assist if the patient deems it fit after due process is followed like seeing a psychiatrist and being certified sane and he knows fully well what s/he's getting into
Why then are you people in court seeking the right to prescribe drugs for people with terminals cases? If it's about choice, then atheists doctors won't go to court to be empowered by law to kill people.

Euthanasia has been on since, it has been administered base on the choice of the patients, why seek empowerment now if they don't have an agenda?
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Emmanystone: 12:50pm On Apr 01, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Cowardice is the word indeed
Happy Memorial day sir. We are risen with Christ to live eternally. May we be found worthy to be partakers in His marriage feast when he shall appear.
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by CuteMadridista: 12:56pm On Apr 01, 2018
Emmanystone:

Why then are you people in court seeking the right to prescribe drugs for people with terminals cases? If it's about choice, then atheists doctors won't go to court to be empowered by law to kill people.
Right to prescribe drugs for people with terminal illness who asked for the prescription and have been educated on what those drugs are and what s/he's getting into after seeing psychology professionals

Euthanasia has been on since, it has been administered base on the choice of the patients, why seek empowerment now if they don't have an agenda?
Euthanasia is only legal in just few countries NOT everywhere. in the US for instance its only legal in 5 states or so Washington DC, California, Colorado, Oregon and Vermont. This means its illegal in 45 states and Hawaii is now trying to legalise it too which is what this thread is about. you seem too uneducated on this and have been shooting sporadically just for shooting sake without taking time to even understand what this is about

2 Likes

Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Butterflyleo: 1:04pm On Apr 01, 2018
Emmanystone:

Happy Memorial day sir. We are risen with Christ to live eternally. May we be found worthy to be partakers in His marriage feast when he shall appear.

Amen. Happy memorial day to you too.
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by CuteMadridista: 1:10pm On Apr 01, 2018
@ Emmanystone, we've been using the 2 terms interchangeably but please note there's a difference between DAS and Euthanasia even though they're very similar
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Emmanystone: 1:36pm On Apr 01, 2018
CuteMadridista:
@ Emmanystone, we've been using the 2 terms interchangeably but please note there's a difference between DAS and Euthanasia even though they're very similar
Aren't all assisted death?

1 Like

Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Emmanystone: 1:52pm On Apr 01, 2018
CuteMadridista:

Right to prescribe drugs for people with terminal illness who asked for the prescription and have been educated on what those drugs are and what s/he's getting into after seeing psychology professionals

Euthanasia is only legal in just few countries NOT everywhere. in the US for instance its only legal in 5 states or so Washington DC, California, Colorado, Oregon and Vermont. This means its illegal in 45 states and Hawaii is now trying to legalise it too which is what this thread is about. you seem too uneducated on this and have been shooting sporadically just for shooting sake without taking time to even understand what this is about
My point is, why do they need the law behind them to do what it's been done by choice all along?

1 Like

Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Butterflyleo: 2:03pm On Apr 01, 2018
CuteMadridista:

How you deceive so much.

Euthanasia and physician-assisted suicide refer to deliberate action taken with the intention of ending a life, in order to relieve persistent suffering.

They are both assisted suicide but only vary in definition but the objective is the same.
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by CuteMadridista: 2:09pm On Apr 01, 2018
Emmanystone:

My point is, why do they need the law behind them to do what it's been done by choice all along?

In states where DAS is illegal a doctor SHOULDN'T carry it out. This is asking for it to be made legal. doing something and that thing being legal are 2 different things
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Butterflyleo: 2:21pm On Apr 01, 2018
CuteMadridista:

In states where DAS is illegal a doctor SHOULDN'T carry it out. This is asking for it to be made legal. doing something and that thing being legal are 2 different things

So a doctor or you an atheist is in support of a legal law in order to commit suicide for someone who wants it or who may not be in the position to choose for himself.

No wonder atheism hardly gained traction in a side by side race with religion all these years.

Nihilism which is deeply embedded in atheism will never let you people to see value in life and to see people as worthy of living. No wonder Mao Zedong the Chinese atheist leader is still the worst maniac and death merchant in the history of the world.
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by benzics(m): 2:40pm On Apr 01, 2018
Emmanystone:

Hahahahahahahahahaha. So what? He created it and afflicted people with it?

Pls go ahead and also post a verse that says he uses disasters (which is not diseases) to punish people.
It's not from my own mouth that you'll hear that your god did more evil compared to the devil... grin

Remember the Time the devil killed all first born in Egypt?
Remember the Time the devil drowned the whole world in a flood?
Remember the time the devil used burning sulphur to roast the people of sodom and gomorrah alive?
Remember the time the devil killed all Job's children just to test him??

Oh! How wicked and evil the "devil" is grin
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by benzics(m): 2:48pm On Apr 01, 2018
Emmanystone:

You are not getting it. You guys are snatching your own testicles here.

I am pro-life, but you guys are against life. I am in support of Hawkins living, but you guys say he shd end his suffering by either him shooting himself or a doctor killing him, this is what geared my question.

Since atheists wants life terminated as a result of suffering, why didn't Hawkins the chief atheists evangelist didn't do it to show the way? Why did he live with the torture? Could it be that he was afraid of dying to know what laid beyond?

We will finish this while i get back from Cburch, as i'm running late now.

Happy Resurrection morning.

Believe it or not, He resurrected.
Since it's glaring you have comprehension problems.. Let me put my whole text in a simple summary.

Everyone should be allowed to do with their life whatever they please.. If one feels like life is just too much for him to take, and he wants to bail out, he is totally free, he is not forced to live a life he doesn't want to live.. Just do with your life what you please, and euthanasia should only be given to those who want it or those whom their conditions are totally irreversible for now (being brain dead etc.)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Butterflyleo: 3:04pm On Apr 01, 2018
benzics:

Since it's glaring you have comprehension problems.. Let me put my whole text in a simple summary.

Everyone should be allowed to do with their life whatever they please.. If one feels like life is just too much for him to take, and he wants to bail out, he is totally free, he is not forced to live a life he doesn't want to live.. Just do with your life what you please, and euthanasia should only be given to those who want it or those whom their conditions are totally irreversible for now (being brain dead etc.)

If everyone should be free to do with "their" life as they please why then is attempted suicide a crime?

You do realise that In many places throughout the world, attempting suicide or even following through with the act is considered a crime.

If given the chance would you repeal the law that makes suicide or attempted suicide a crime?
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by benzics(m): 3:11pm On Apr 01, 2018
Butterflyleo:

If everyone should be free to do with "their" life as they please why then is attempted suicide a crime?

You do realise that In many places throughout the world, attempting suicide or even following through with the act is considered a crime.

If given the chance would you repeal the law that makes suicide or attempted suicide a crime?
I would
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Butterflyleo: 3:13pm On Apr 01, 2018
benzics:

I would

Fixed!

Thank you for this.

Are you an atheist?
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Emmanystone: 7:26pm On Apr 01, 2018
benzics:

[b] Everyone should be allowed to do with their life whatever they please
Wait, when you say 'everyone should be allowed'..., are you implying that the choice or rights to do what one wishes with their lives has been denied them in the past? It's a choice to do what you feel best for your life, that is why no one seeks anyone's permission to commit suicide.

Folks have been committing suicide from Adam, it's has been their right. No one arrests the corpse for killing itself.

benzics:

If one feels like life is just too much for him to take, and he wants to bail out, he is totally free, he is not forced to live a life he doesn't want to live..
I agree with totally with you. It's your right. And that right has been put to use before today. Hasn't Euthenasia been done with the patient's or its relatives consent in the past? It has.

Now, why they want the law now? Why take authority or coverage to.do what has been in operation for long? My guess is that, even when it will be passed into law, it'll still depend on the consent of the patient. Why then do they need the law behind them if they have no long term agenda?

This is what has been operational without the law, and no one has frowned against it, why call for backup now? This is where my suspicion lies
benzics:

[quote author=benzics post=66340676]

Just do with your life what you please, and euthanasia should only be given to those who want it or those whom their conditions are totally irreversible for now (being brain dead etc.) [/b]
Who has been denied their rights to do as they wished in the past?

And, this instance of a brain dead patient is so pathetic and lame. Plugs have been pulled off brain dead patients all the while without the Court saying so. The relatives decides that and it happens.
But, again, we have seen people who were considered brain dead, but comes back to life, both religious and irreligious people.

Bottom line is, if you want it, then have it. And they have been having it all the while, but for them to demand for absolute right to do this sounds like, a doctor shd decide when to administer Euthenasia.

A time may come when a doctor may not need to consult with a patient to kill him/her especially if their patient were religious. What will stop them, when they have the law backing them up?

It began with human right. It sounded right. We accepted.

They moved to women rights, it sounded perfect, because, of course, women were terribly oppressed and maltreated. Now on that platform, women have come up with a deadly sect called Feminism. They want to put the man out completely. As a matter of fact, they want to obliterate the man. When it began, no one saw the bigger picture.

They moved to Child rights. Today parents can not instruct their children. Kids are left to be taught by what they see on TV. See how that is playing out in the society. (i know you'd tell me that you see nothing wrong with our society), nice.

Today, they need right to kill people with medicine, the spirit behind these all, is hailing the move. But why not.

The Principalities in the realm of darkness, brings up principles and the Territorial Powers enforces those Principles by the instrumentality of their agents in those territories.

1 Like

Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Emmanystone: 10:13pm On Apr 01, 2018
benzics:

It's not from my own mouth that you'll hear that your god did more evil compared to the devil... grin

Remember the Time the devil killed all first born in Egypt?
Hahahahahahahahahaa. Oh wow. Just pique satan up a little bit and watch him stumble through.

The same response you'd give as a muslim when asked why you kill across the globe people, your response is always 'The Christians killed Muslims in the Crusades', but what engineered the Crusades you'd rather not talk about.

Here you are again hiding behind the ancestors and speaking through one of your servants. Lol. Haven't you convinced them you don't exist, hence you are not behind their ancestors? Why the anger? Hahahahaha

benzics:

When your servant pharaoh ordered the killing of all male Jewish new borns, it was okay right? Yeah, Jews are not humans only Egyptians are. Jews are worthy of death, so no, let's not mention it.

And, the Jews were to remain under you as slaves yeah? Sorry. Israel is YHWH first son, touch him and be crushed.
Wonder why you forgot to mention the Amalakites.
Buhahahahaha.

You'd rather, no one takes a contrary action against you.

Satan you are a coward. You hit first, when hit back, you cry out the loudest. Coward.

[quote author=benzics post=66340518]
Remember the Time the devil drowned the whole world in a flood?
Oh wait, let me think. It's coming to me now. You mean when you tried to breed beings that were half demons half men? Oh yeah, that. God created humans to be humans, not half demons. You failed.

Oh, and before i forget, that was water, what awaits you in future is Fire. And that will be eternal.

benzics:

Remember the time the devil used burning sulphur to roast the people of sodom and gomorrah alive?
Yeah, i remember this too. I remember that in the entire Sodom and Gomorah and their environs, 10 human beings who were not homosexuals were not found.

Wow, i also remember your beloved servants wresting to rape the Angels who went to Sodom as visitors. And, Yes, Lot offered them his virgin daughters to leave the men alone, but they insisted it must be the Anu.s of the men or nothing. Great men won't you say?

Again, the future shall be fire for the today's sodomites.

benzics:

Remember the time the devil killed all Job's children just to test him??
Yes ke. he did. Trying to prove that when God withdraws his protection from His people, no one shall serve Him. You feel everyone on earth will serve you if you kill, steal and destroy what belongs to them.

Wait, what is your mission statement again? To steal, to kill and to destroy. i get it.
Oh, but, now you know that not everyone will serve you. Hmm shame.

benzics:

Oh! How wicked and evil the "devil" is grin
Yes indeed. You are wicked and it is my Father's good pleasure to recompense tribulation to those who trouble His Children.

For any one Christian you cause distress, recompense of tribulation awaits you.

1 Like

Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Emmanystone: 11:15pm On Apr 01, 2018
CuteMadridista:

Who even want this legalized, Doctors of sick patients?

If its doctors then, Doctors want to have power to kill people and won't be sued for it. Why insist on it?

This is being done all along and no one doctor has been arrested for doing it yet, because, the patients consent is sought. Now they want to overrule the patients who insist on staying alive than die. They want to kill anyone they feel is sick enough to die.

I smell a decomposing rat.
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by benzics(m): 11:24pm On Apr 01, 2018
Emmanystone:

Hahahahahahahahahaa. Oh wow. Just pique satan up a little bit and watch him stumble through.

The same response you'd give as a muslim when asked why you kill across the globe people, your response is always 'The Christians killed Muslims in the Crusades', but what engineered the Crusades you'd rather not talk about.

Here you are again hiding behind the ancestors and speaking through one of your servants. Lol. Haven't you convinced them you don't exist, hence you are not behind their ancestors? Why the anger? Hahahahaha

LOL.. A long pile of trash and meaningless rebuttals.. Oya clap for yourself

Why would god test job when he claims to be omniscient?? Why will god destroy humans whose whole actions were programmed by him? It just goes a long way to prove how senseless, confused and blood thirsty he is

Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by CuteMadridista: 11:49pm On Apr 01, 2018
Emmanystone:

If its doctors then, Doctors want to have power to kill people and won't be sued for it. Why insist on it?

This is being done all along and no one doctor has been arrested for doing it yet, because, the patients consent is sought. Now they want to overrule the patients who insist on staying alive than die. They want to kill anyone they feel is sick enough to die.

This is exactly why I'm telling you there's a difference between DAS and euthanasia. in euthanasia the patient's consent is a grey area while in DAS patient's consent is of utmost importance

Physician-assisted suicide is often confused with
euthanasia . In cases of euthanasia the physician administers the means of death, usually a lethal drug. In physician-assisted suicide, it is required that a person of
sound mind voluntarily expresses his or her wish to die and requests a dose of medication that will end his or her life. The distinguishing aspect is that physician-assisted suicide requires the patient to self-administer the medication.

Like I said you don't even know what you're arguing against and you're just shooting sporadically for shooting sake

and No, DAS hasn't been "happening" all along, stop trotting out wrong info or you have any proof to back that up? if DAS is done without the patient's consent then its NOT DAS! the word "Suicide" there becomes void if the patient's consent wasn't given

Its makes no sense to keep arguing when you're not even aware of the basics of what you're arguing for or against

1 Like

Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by dalaman: 12:16am On Apr 02, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Atheists and their love for suicide is truly amazing.

According to the folklore you subscribe to
, your God commited suicide by sacrificing himself unto himself so that humans can be saved through his act of suicide abi? Well done.

1 Like

Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Gggg102(m): 8:22am On Apr 02, 2018
Butterflyleo:

The cunning deceptiveness of atheism grin

Pro choice which leads to death is it not pro death? No difference between the deception of the devil and atheists.

All of you eat from the same plate of deception.

what about pro choice which leads to life?
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Butterflyleo: 8:25am On Apr 02, 2018
Gggg102:

what about pro choice which leads to life?

We are speaking about euthanasia and physician assisted SUICIDE. There is no pro life in an assisted SUICIDE or in euthanasia is there?
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Gggg102(m): 8:30am On Apr 02, 2018
Emmanystone:

in states where it's illegal, doctors can't do it if the patient request for it. they could be prosecuted even when it was the patient's choice to die.
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Gggg102(m): 8:31am On Apr 02, 2018
Butterflyleo:

We are speaking about euthanasia and physician assisted SUICIDE. There is no pro life in an assisted SUICIDE or in euthanasia is there?

if the patient doesn't want euthanasia, the doctor wouldn't give him.

pro choice to prolife
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Emmanystone: 8:41am On Apr 02, 2018
Gggg102:

in states where it's illegal, doctors can't do it if the patient request for it. they could be prosecuted even when it was the patient's choice to die.
Oh, so the doctors want it legalised so that they can have the right to kill people?

I'm not against people wanting to end their lives, but when another man wants to do it to others and having the law backing him up is what i'm concerned about.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet The Seven Demons That Are Rulers Of Hell (no.3 Is Not Even The Strongest / Seven Women to a Man? (Isaiah 4:1) / Christian Liars Are Finaly Exposed, Original Bible Later Found

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.