Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,738 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide (4131 Views)

The War In Syria And End Time Prophecy: Any Correlation? / Anglican Dean, 2 Doctors Facilitate Assisted Suicide Of Elderly Couple / All Fulfilled Prophecies In The Bible: Apart From End Time Prophecies. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by dalaman: 10:26am On Apr 02, 2018
Butterflyleo:

We are talking about DAS and euthanasia and not just DAS.

You somehow seem to always have experiences directly linked to topics of discussion grin cheesy

Isn't that very peculiar and a gamblers dream? grin

And by the way, the worst born condition is a 3RD DEGREE BURN and not A 1ST DEGREE. Your alleged friend died through negligence and your analogy does not meet the standard of DAS or euthanasia.

Whats wrong with me sharing my experince that relates to the topic of discussion?

So a person who was burnt and whose parents prayed to their God to take his life doesnt meet the standard of DAS? What then is the standard for DAS?

The topic is about DAS and NOT euthanasia Mr lie lie. I know you want to lie and turn it to euthanasia but it isn't. It is about DAS.
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Butterflyleo: 10:33am On Apr 02, 2018
dalaman:

Whats wrong with me sharing my experince that relates to the topic of discussion?

So a person who was burnt and whose parents prayed to their God to take his life doesnt meet the standard of DAS? What then is the standard for DAS?

The topic is about DAS and NOT euthanasia Mr lie lie. I know you want to lie and turn it to euthanasia but it isn't. It is about DAS.

If I shared mine which always matched any discussion put up on nairaland what would be your reaction? cheesy be honest!

Did the patient say he wanted to die?

The discussion is about DAS and euthanasia. And you seriously need to stop with your constant "Mr lie lie" nonsense its stale already.
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Gggg102(m): 10:46am On Apr 02, 2018
Butterflyleo:

The serpent pushed eve subtly but she made her decision but did the serpent escape his own punishment for the same subtle push?

the serpent was punished for subtly pushing eve to disobeying the law. disobedience was against God's law and he convinced someone to break the law hence his punishment.

the law against das is human and unlike God's law, can be changed. the doctors are trying to get das part of the law, so it wouldn't be illegal to suggest das. so they can't be punished for suggesting it.

if das was legal, it wouldn't be a crime to suggest it. unlike the snake suggesting something that was illegal.

the snake was punished for pushing eve to break the law. eve was in charge of her decision, the snake did not decide for her.

if das is legal, the doctor can't be punished for pushing the patient to get das. the doctor will not be in charge of the patient's decision. he won't decide for him.

it wasn't the snake fault that eve agreed to the suggestion.

it isn't the doctor's fault the patient agreed to the suggestion.

snake was punished for suggesting something illegal.

doctor can't be punished for suggesting something legal.
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by dalaman: 10:50am On Apr 02, 2018
CuteMadridista:

Exactly! This is what I've been repeating but it seems I'm talking to a brick wall. DAS is the topic and DAS is different from Euthanasia even though they are similar in many ways

They're busy attacking a strawman

I don't think there's really any intelligent argument against DAS and I was hoping to see some that I never considered but its been unintelligent and ignorant arguments I've seen so far

Mr lie lie is already trying to make it about euthanasia when the topic is about DAS.
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by dalaman: 10:54am On Apr 02, 2018
Butterflyleo:

If I shared mine which always matched any discussion put up on nairaland what would be your reaction? cheesy be honest!

Did the patient say he wanted to die?

The discussion is about DAS and euthanasia. And you seriously need to stop with your constant "Mr lie lie" nonsense its stale already.

I've told you my experince, what you make of it is your own business. The OP is about DAS and NOT euthanasia. You are the one that brought euthanasia up and tried to change the topic to be about it when it's not. The topic is about DAS and NOT euthanasia, you can lie all you want as you always do. Euthanasia does not even appear in the OP. You are our resident Mr lie lie so when I call you your name you shouldn't feel offended.

1 Like

Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by CAPSLOCKED: 10:55am On Apr 02, 2018
CuteMadridista:
I fully endorse Doctor Assisted Suicide

THIS WILL BE VERY USEFUL IN NIGERIA.
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by CuteMadridista: 10:58am On Apr 02, 2018
dalaman:

Mr lie lie is already trying to make it about euthanasia when the topic is about DAS.
they've been barking up the wrong tree since this discussion started simply out of religious emotions mixed with ignorance while trying hard to sound logical (an impossible task). now they've seen the error of their ways and are stylishly trying to change the topic as they can't give any argument against DAS
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Butterflyleo: 10:58am On Apr 02, 2018
Gggg102:

the serpent was punished for subtly pushing eve to disobeying the law. disobedience was against God's law and he convinced someone to break the law hence his punishment.

the law against das is human and unlike God's law, can be changed. the doctors are trying to get das part of the law, so it wouldn't be illegal to suggest das. so they can't be punished for suggesting it.

if das was legal, it wouldn't be a crime to suggest it. unlike the snake suggesting something that was illegal.

the snake was punished for pushing eve to break the law. eve was in charge of her decision, the snake did not decide for her.

if das is legal, the doctor can't be punished for pushing the patient to get das. the doctor will not be in charge of the patient's decision. he won't decide for him.

it wasn't the snake fault that eve agreed to the suggestion.

it isn't the doctor's fault the patient agreed to the suggestion.

snake was punished for suggesting something illegal.

doctor can't be punished for suggesting something legal.

Your words in bold and those in red confirm my position. You really need to look at your own words critically in order to see the far reaching effects a subtle prod can have. Don't respond just yet. First of all, look at what I made bold in your comment in a thorough manner and let the implications reveal themselves to you
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by dalaman: 11:02am On Apr 02, 2018
CuteMadridista:

they've been barking up the wrong tree since this discussion started simply out of religious emotions mixed with ignorance while trying hard to sound logical (an impossible task). now they've seen the error of their ways and are stylishly trying to change the topic as they can't give any argument against DAS

Can't argue logically against something, the best thing is to change the topic and beat a strawman. grin
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Gggg102(m): 11:02am On Apr 02, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Your words in bold and those in red confirm my position. You really need to look at your own words critically in order to see the far reaching effects a subtle prod can have. Don't respond just yet. First of all, look at what I made bold in your comment in a thorough manner and let the implications reveal themselves to you

what implications?
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by CuteMadridista: 11:07am On Apr 02, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

THIS WILL BE VERY USEFUL IN NIGERIA.
DAS would be very useful everywhere so long they put reasonable laws in place like Oregon did to prevent abuse although Oregon's DAS laws could use some tweaking
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Butterflyleo: 11:12am On Apr 02, 2018
CuteMadridista:

Really?

Physician-assisted suicide: The voluntary termination of one's own life by administration of a lethal substance with the direct or indirect assistance of a physician. Physician-assisted suicide is the practice of providing a competent patient with a prescription for medication for the patient to use with the primary intention of ending his or her own life.

Physician-assisted suicide has its proponents and its opponents. Among the opponents are some physicians who believe it violates the fundamental tenet of medicine and believe that doctors should not assist in suicides because to do so is incompatible with the doctor's role as a healer.

Euthanasia: A doctor is allowed by law to end a person's life by a painless means, as long as the patient and their family agree. Assisted suicide: A doctor assists a patient to commit suicide if they request it.

In DAS the doctor may be directly or indirectly involved (you may call it indirectly involved but when looked at critically he is still directly involved because he is the one who gave the patient what to take in order to die)

In euthanasia he is directly involved with consent.

Das and euthanasia both work with consent. The issue here is, should doctors be directly or indirectly involved in such practices when they are meant to save lives and not take it? That is the legal implication and how it can easily change the entire medical world to one that is no longer with a face. One that can play dominos with the lives of people at will. Is it not consent in written form that is required? How hard is it to get such?

The other day in the united states a young man was killed by the police in a very horrific shooting despite being innocent and gist came out that it was for sake of organ harvesting due to the way his remains was evacuated without the consent of his family and an empty carcas returned to them for burial.

The kind of power the medical field is seeking is beyond dangerous and by the time you find yourself at their mercy, perhaps then it would dawn on you that a little deliberate delay, a little extra dose of a drug, a little deliberate wrong diagnosis would get you dead even without your deliberate consent and surely a dead man cannot sue can they?
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by CAPSLOCKED: 11:18am On Apr 02, 2018
CuteMadridista:
DAS would be very useful everywhere so long they put reasonable laws in place like Oregon did to prevent abuse although Oregon's DAS laws could use some tweaking

ACCURATE??

Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Butterflyleo: 11:35am On Apr 02, 2018
Gggg102:

what implications?

Imagine this, a hospital needs a heart donor for a very important person who is willing to pay heavily and suddenly an accident victim is rushed in whom after checks is discovered that his heart would be a match for the one who needs it.

The person brought in has no family available and he is put in an induced coma to help with the pain and damage while being treated.

Doctor informs the one who needs the heart that they have found a match but he is still alive but in a coma. Heart needs man appeals to the doctor to do the needful because he needs that heart and is willing to pay a huge amount of money for it.

Doctor holds the power to take it keep the life of this patient so he walks in to carry our a routine check and in the process injects a delayed untraceable substance into the intravenous fluid being passed into the coma patient and walks out. 1hour later, patient begins to code and suffers a massive cardiac arrest and is unable to be revived.

During his autopsy in same hospital, the coroner who is also a partner in crime with the doctor , harvests his heart and they seal him up. Heart needs man gets his heart from an unwilling donor who had no idea what was even going on because he was deliberately induced into coma.

The implications are numerous when viewed properly and that is why the medical world are not embracing DAS or euthanasia with open arms and many are still resisting because they know the far reaching implications based on what they see and know that happens daily in their field.

A sick man who wills his estate to his caregiver can be giving DAS with a false presentation of consent from the already sick man. After all the caregiver would have his signature available and so on . This is similar with how Michael Jackson died due to a deliberate act by his physician when he deliberatelt administered propofol as treatment for insomnia for Michael despite knowing that Propofol is normally given in a hospital or a clinical setting with close monitoring and is mostly used before someone has surgery and is not indicated or approved as a sleep aid. He only got to serve 2 out of his 4yr jail sentence. All this happened without the knowledge of Michael Jackson because he trusted him.

The major implication is that grey areas regarding life and death are being handed to the doctors and believe me when I say that its only going to get worse.

An impatient doctor can push and keep pushing for DAS or euthanasia. An angry doctor can do same. A sadistic doctor can also do same. The implications are endless
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Gggg102(m): 11:41am On Apr 02, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Imagine this, a hospital needs a heart donor for a very important person who is willing to pay heavily and suddenly an accident victim is rushed in whom after checks is discovered that his heart would be a match for the one who needs it.

The person brought in has no family available and he is put in an induced coma to help with the pain and damage while being treated.

Doctor informs the one who needs the heart that they have found a match but he is still alive but in a coma. Heart needs man appeals to the doctor to do the needful because he needs that heart and is willing to pay a huge amount of money for it.

Doctor holds the power to take it keep the life of this patient so he walks in to carry our a routine check and in the process injects a delayed untraceable substance into the intravenous fluid being passed into the coma patient and walks out. 1hour later, patient begins to code and suffers a massive cardiac arrest and is unable to be revived.

During his autopsy in same hospital, the coroner who is also a partner in crime with the doctor , harvests his heart and they seal him up. Heart needs man gets his heart from an unwilling donor who had no idea what was even going on because he was deliberately induced into coma.

The implications are numerous when viewed properly and that is why the medical world are not embracing DAS or euthanasia with open arms and many are still resisting because they know the far reaching implications based on what they see and know that happens daily in their field.

A sick man who wills his estate to his caregiver can be giving DAS with a false presentation of consent from the already sick man. After all the caregiver would have his signature available and so on . This is similar with how Michael Jackson died due to a deliberate act by his physician when he deliberatelt administered propofol as treatment for insomnia for Michael despite knowing that Propofol is normally given in a hospital or a clinical setting with close monitoring and is mostly used before someone has surgery and is not indicated or approved as a sleep aid. He only got to serve 2 out of his 4yr jail sentence. All this happened without the knowledge of Michael Jackson because he trusted him.

The major implication is that grey areas regarding life and death are being handed to the doctors and believe me when I say that its only going to get worse.

An impatient doctor can push and keep pushing for DAS or euthanasia. An angry doctor can do same. A sadistic doctor can also do same. The implications are endless

big hole in your analogy.

there was no consent anywhere from the victim.

2. if the doctor wants to play a cheap trick, he would do so with or without das. e.g your analogy above. the doctor murdered the patient to get his heart. das wasn't involved in any way.

1 Like

Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Butterflyleo: 11:43am On Apr 02, 2018
Gggg102:

big hole in your analogy.

there was no consent anywhere.

Read it again. Consent can easily be doctored or falsified.

Depends on how the doctor goes about it and how desperate the need is.
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Gggg102(m): 11:57am On Apr 02, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Read it again. Consent can easily be doctored or falsified.

Depends on how the doctor goes about it and how desperate the need is.

in the first analogy there was no consent at all be it sincere, doctored or falsified.

in the other one, the caretaker would still have carried out his objective without das.

almost all systems can be rigged. does that mean the whole system be scrapped. also, I don't think the das would be made in a manner that it could be rigged.

1 Like

Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Butterflyleo: 12:07pm On Apr 02, 2018
Gggg102:

in the first analogy there was no consent at all be it sincere, doctored or falsified.

in the other one, the caretaker would still have carried out his objective without das.

almost all systems can be rigged. does that mean the whole system be scrapped. also, I don't think the das would be made in a manner that it could be rigged.

The medical world is the easiest to rig and because they know it can be rigged that is why laws are in place to punish perpetrators but even the laws can be circumvented or taken advantage of.
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by CuteMadridista: 1:23pm On Apr 02, 2018
Gggg102:

I read the analogy and those are nonsensical argument and lots of reaching all to argue against DAS

1. The first analogy isn't DAS at all as there's no consent from the victim. DAS has no blame for that at all and would've happened with or without DAS in place. its a very useless analogy and an attempt to blame DAS for what is ,probably, already happening is akin to blaming Buhari for Natural Disasters that occur in USA

Also it should be noted that Oregon (who's laws on DAS are very sensible and I agree with majority of their DAS laws) prevents such from happening as:

A: the patient needs to ask for DAS 2x with at least 15days difference between both to be in consideration for DAS so in order for the doctor to forge the Docs he would have his work cut out as he would need to do a lot of forging and forge the time the patient was flown in which means he would need the cooperation of the emergency services that brought the patient, forge the receptionist register, forge a lot of other records which also includes things like CCTVs meaning he'll need cooperation of the whole security team to wipe out the CCTV, wipe the memory(ies) of whoever witnessed the accident.

B. The patient must provide a written request to his or her physician, signed in the presence of two witnesses. if he successfully surmounts A then he would need at least 2 accomplices to surmount this one

C. An external physician is required to come in and assess the situation too to confirm the diagnosis, prognosis and make sure the patient is aware of what he's requesting. "doctor organ transplant" needs to bribe the external physician or something to get past this hurdle

Let's be sincere with ourselves here, if a doctor is able to cross all these hurdles on his way to killing a patient then DAS's LEGALISATION WASN'T THE PROBLEM! the problem was far bigger than DAS and dare I say DAS actually protects the interest of the patient in this situation and makes "doctor organ transplant"'s job a lot more difficult than it would've if it weren't there.....

The second one also faces the same sets of problems and why would a care giver be aware he's awarding him his estate? this shows a leak either from the lawyer or the patient himself and what happened would've happened regardless of DAS being legalised or not

At the end of the day if these kind of stories are what they have against DAS then they're really not against DAS but are asking for stricter rules to avoid abuse which I think Oregon laws work well to prevent even though I think its still not perfect but its pretty close to perfection

1 Like

Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by dalaman: 1:38pm On Apr 02, 2018
CuteMadridista:

I read the analogy and those are nonsensical argument and lots of reaching all to argue against DAS

1. The first analogy isn't DAS at all as there's no consent from the victim. DAS has no blame for that at all and would've happened with or without DAS in place. its a very useless analogy and an attempt to blame DAS for what is ,probably, already happening which is akin to blaming Buhari for Natural Disasters that occur in USA

Also it should be noted that Oregon (who's laws on DAS are very sensible and I agree with majority of their DAS laws) prevents such from happening as:

A: the patient needs to ask for DAS 2x with at least 15days difference between both to be in consideration for DAS so in order for the doctor to forge the Docs he would have his work cut out as he would need to do a lot of forging and forge the time the patient was flown in which means he would need the cooperation of the emergency services that brought the patient, forge the receptionist register, forge a lot of other records which also includes things like CCTVs meaning he'll need cooperation of the whole security team to wipe out the CCTV, wipe the memory(ies) of whoever witnessed the accident.

B. The patient must provide a written request to his or her physician, signed in the presence of two witnesses. if he successfully surmounts A then he would need at least 2 accomplices to surmount this one

C. An external physician is required to come in and assess the situation too to confirm the diagnosis, prognosis and make sure the patient is aware of what he's requesting. "doctor organ transplant" needs to bribe the external physician or something to get past this hurdle

Let's be sincere with ourselves here, if a doctor is able to cross all these hurdles on his way to killing a patient then DAS's LEGALISATION WASN'T THE PROBLEM! the problem was far bigger than DAS and dare I say DAS actually protects the interest of the patient in this situation and makes "doctor organ transplant"'s job a lot more difficult than it would've if it weren't there.....

The second one also faces the same sets of problems and why would a care giver be aware he's awarding him his estate? this shows a leak either from the lawyer or the patient himself and what happened would've happened regardless of DAS being legalised or not

At the end of the day if these kind of stories are what they have against DAS then they're really not against DAS but are asking for stricter rules to avoid abuse which I think Oregon laws work well to prevent even though I think its still not perfect but its pretty close to perfection

Bravo. This sums it up very well and clearly.
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Butterflyleo: 2:17pm On Apr 02, 2018
CuteMadridista:

1. The first analogy isn't DAS at all as there's no consent from the victim. DAS has no blame for that at all and would've happened with or without DAS in place. its a very useless analogy and an attempt to blame DAS for what is ,probably, already happening is akin to blaming Buhari for Natural Disasters that occur in USA

I simply gave an analogy on how loopholes exist and rather than thinking deep you just spew ridiculous rebuttals.

You keep talking about Oregon but you forget that Netherlands began this a while ago and it was actually a process to something much bigger.

The Netherlands has moved from assisted suicide to euthanasia, from euthanasia for the terminally ill to euthanasia for the chronically ill, from euthanasia for physical illness to euthanasia for psychological distress and from voluntary euthanasia to involuntary euthanasia called “termination of the patient without explicit request”.”

In fact, the Dutch now kill patients and babies born with deformities.

That is what it has become now. You think its all straight down the line right? I sorry for you.

How about the poor? Those without financial resources are most at risk from this dangerous legislation. Suicide becomes the cheap alternative for the poor who cannot afford costly treatment and medication. By passing assisted suicide laws,that state takes an interest in promoting the suicide of its citizens in order to save money. In fact, many insurance companies also favor assisted suicide because is saves them a lot of money.

This is all about business but you wouldn't see the bigger picture would you? Using human lives for money making schemes.

What about those who are terminally Ill? Those coping with terminal illness are pressured to take the easy way out. “Not being a burden” becomes a powerful temptation to end one’s life. Instead of cherishing the sunset of life, a terminally ill person’s last moments are deliberately cut short. Laws of this type also allow relatives and family members to kill in order to access inheritances and take advantage of the situation.

Under the false guise of "compassion" as it were, all sorts of euphemisms are being used to force this dangerous legislation into medical practice. phrases such as “aid in dying,” “end-of-life options,” and “death with dignity.” But there is no getting around the truth. These laws allow doctors to administer drugs designed to facilitate suicide. Even more insidious, the lethal drugs are falsely labeled as “medication” while designed to do the exact opposite of any true medicine.

Whether you like it or not, assisted suicide turns doctors to killers and it is fundamentally incompatible with the physician’s role as healer, would be difficult or impossible to control, and would pose serious societal risks.” Even now the entire 3.4 million nurses in america represented by The American Nurses Association, has clearly stated that "the nurse should not participate in assisted suicide and that Such an act is in violation of the Code for Nurses and the ethical traditions of the profession."

The whole charade is not for the benefit of the patient but for the benefit of the state in terms of cost cutting, resource saving and for the benefit of insurance companies.

The Hippocratic Oath proclaims: “I will keep the sick from harm and injustice. I will neither give a deadly drug to anybody who asked for it, nor will I make a suggestion to this effect.”

Now how is that turning out? DAS is simply giving them a window to freely break that oath and get away with it.

If you still wish to argue in support and claim this is a humane gesture as an atheist then go ahead. That does not change the fact that it is ethically wrong, morally bankrupt and a societal Ill for the weak, the poor, the disabled and the elderly. Its all a money saving and making scheme.

***walks out****

1 Like

Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by dalaman: 2:40pm On Apr 02, 2018
Butterflyleo:

I simply gave an analogy on how loopholes exist and rather than thinking deep you just spew ridiculous rebuttals.

You keep talking about Oregon but you forget that Netherlands began this a while ago and it was actually a process to something much bigger.

The Netherlands has moved from assisted suicide to euthanasia, from euthanasia for the terminally ill to euthanasia for the chronically ill, from euthanasia for physical illness to euthanasia for psychological distress and from voluntary euthanasia to involuntary euthanasia called “termination of the patient without explicit request”.”

In fact, the Dutch now kill patients and babies born with deformities.

That is what it has become now. You think its all straight down the line right? I sorry for you.

How about the poor? Those without financial resources are most at risk from this dangerous legislation. Suicide becomes the cheap alternative for the poor who cannot afford costly treatment and medication. By passing assisted suicide laws,that state takes an interest in promoting the suicide of its citizens in order to save money. In fact, many insurance companies also favor assisted suicide because is saves them a lot of money.

This is all about business but you wouldn't see the bigger picture would you? Using human lives for money making schemes.

What about those who are terminally Ill? Those coping with terminal illness are pressured to take the easy way out. “Not being a burden” becomes a powerful temptation to end one’s life. Instead of cherishing the sunset of life, a terminally ill person’s last moments are deliberately cut short. Laws of this type also allow relatives and family members to kill in order to access inheritances and take advantage of the situation.

Under the false guise of "compassion" as it were, all sorts of euphemisms are being used to force this dangerous legislation into medical practice. phrases such as “aid in dying,” “end-of-life options,” and “death with dignity.” But there is no getting around the truth. These laws allow doctors to administer drugs designed to facilitate suicide. Even more insidious, the lethal drugs are falsely labeled as “medication” while designed to do the exact opposite of any true medicine.

Whether you like it or not, assisted suicide turns doctors to killers and it is fundamentally incompatible with the physician’s role as healer, would be difficult or impossible to control, and would pose serious societal risks.” Even now the entire 3.4 million nurses in america represented by The American Nurses Association, has clearly stated that "the nurse should not participate in assisted suicide and that Such an act is in violation of the Code for Nurses and the ethical traditions of the profession."

The whole charade is not for the benefit of the patient but for the benefit of the state in terms of cost cutting, resource saving and for the benefit of insurance companies.

The Hippocratic Oath proclaims: “I will keep the sick from harm and injustice. I will neither give a deadly drug to anybody who asked for it, nor will I make a suggestion to this effect.”

Now how is that turning out? DAS is simply giving them a window to freely break that oath and get away with it.

If you still wish to argue in support and claim this is a humane gesture as an atheist then go ahead. That does not change the fact that it is ethically wrong, morally bankrupt and a societal Ill for the weak, the poor, the disabled and the elderly. Its all a money saving and making scheme.

***walks out****

This man and plagiarism. You just can't and won't stop abi?

https://www.tfpstudentaction.org/blog/10-reasons-to-ban-assisted-suicide
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Butterflyleo: 2:43pm On Apr 02, 2018
dalaman:

Call it what you want. I knew you would do what you love doing. Does that defeat the import of the message?

Does that change the fact that it is ethically and morally wrong and a huge societal Ill which cannot be controlled?

Keep on playing God with the lives of people in the name of "hey he plagiarized" while looking away from more serious issues which may affect your own family or relative tomorrow. By then I am sure you just might wish you led the placard carrying opposition.

I am done. You can go ahead and argue with your ancestors but know this. Isn't it rather funny that a theist is the one arguing for life to be either prolonged or allowed to run its course for the terminally Ill while you an atheist does not even care about their lives and would just wave it away like a fart.

You need to check yourself and see how low you have become and how deep you have sunken in a very dark place.

1 Like

Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by CuteMadridista: 2:45pm On Apr 02, 2018
dalaman:

LoL!!!!!!
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by CuteMadridista: 2:45pm On Apr 02, 2018
dalaman:

LoL!!!!!!
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by dalaman: 4:13pm On Apr 02, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Call it what you want. I knew you would do what you love doing. Does that defeat the import of the message?

Does that change the fact that it is ethically and morally wrong and a huge societal Ill which cannot be controlled?

Keep on playing God with the lives of people in the name of "hey he plagiarized" while looking away from more serious issues which may affect your own family or relative tomorrow. By then I am sure you just might wish you led the placard carrying opposition.

I am done. You can go ahead and argue with your ancestors but know this. Isn't it rather funny that a theist is the one arguing for life to be either prolonged or allowed to run its course for the terminally Ill while you an atheist does not even care about their lives and would just wave it away like a fart.

You need to check yourself and see how low you have become and how deep you have sunken in a very dark place.

Ogbeni shut up. You are a thief. Plagiarism is stealing. You are lifting someone else's intellectual property and passing it off as yours. You are notorious for that and it is wrong.

I am really not down with DAS per say. Only two conditions have made me support it because things are not always black or white. In the case of my late friend where his parents and my own mum prayed for him to die and the other case that made front page on nairaland of the guy with a tumor on his head where you could see his brain some years ago, the report had it that the guy was crying for the doctors to take his life because he was in endless pain and suffering from severe headaches always. I will support DAS in such cases because their situations were helpless and there was no cure that will save them. Ending their lives was the humane thing to do.

There are a lot of unethical issues associated with every thing in life so I really do not see why you are beating the drums on DAS as if it's the end of the world. Life should ALWAYS be preserved is a belief I hold deeply but in cases where the situation is hopeless and the person will suffer needlessly, putting an end to the persons life is sometimes the most humane thing to do. Things are not always black or white.

2 Likes

Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by CuteMadridista: 6:20pm On Apr 02, 2018
dalaman:

Ogbeni shut up. You are a thief. Plagiarism is stealing. You are lifting someone else's intellectual property and passing it off as yours. You are notorious for that and it is wrong.

I am really not down with DAS per say. Only two conditions have made me support it because things are not always black or white. In the case of my late friend where his parents and my own mum prayed for him to die and the other case that made front page on nairaland of the guy with a tumor on his head where you could see his brain some years ago, the report had it that the guy was crying for the doctors to take his life because he was in endless pain and suffering from severe headaches always. I will support DAS in such cases because their situations were helpless and there was no cure that will save them. Ending their lives was the humane thing to do.

There are a lot of unethical issues associated with every thing in life so I really do not see why you are beating the drums on DAS as if it's the end of the world. Life should ALWAYS be preserved is a belief I hold deeply but in cases where the situation is hopeless and the person will suffer needlessly, putting an end to the persons life is sometimes the most humane thing to do. Things are not always black or white.

Nice!

1 Like

Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Nobody: 4:32am On Apr 03, 2018
We have an institution in Switzerland that helps in suicide. Clean, painless suicide. So it's been going on for ages.
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by Nobody: 4:34am On Apr 03, 2018
I seriously think that if someone wants to use DAS, he or she should be given that option.. some folks are living in chronic pain and discomfort.. I think it's a clean option for people who are capable of making such decisions...
Re: End Time: Hawaii Set To Legalise Doctor-assisted Suicide by CuteMadridista: 4:51pm On Apr 03, 2018
Arondizuogu:
I seriously think that if someone wants to use DAS, he or she should be given that option.. some folks are living in chronic pain and discomfort.. I think it's a clean option for people who are capable of making such decisions...

Exactly! There's no intelligent argument against DAS or if there is I'm yet to hear it!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are Jehovahs Witnesses D Best Religion On D Earth? / Nude lady Climb Church Altar During Xmas Mass(photo) / Day 22 Prayer Points(50 Days Fasting And Prayer)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.