Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat (37959 Views)

It's Like Many Married Women Don't Use Protection When Committing Adultery / Pamela Adie: "I Was Once Married, Men, Your Nudes Mean Nothing To Me" / 9 Lies Married Men Use All The Time To Hit On Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by Olusharp(m): 8:59pm On Mar 31, 2018
One of the major reasons why we have a large number of divorced marriage and crash relationship is owing to high rates of infidelity among couples.

Infidelity is an act carried out by one or both couples in terms of sexual activities.

When described in terms of marriage, infidelity can be liken to Adultery, cheating etc.

Infidelity in most cases breeds jealousy, mistrust, hatred and dampen the image of the partner involved.

It should be noted that there is bound to be a rise to have sexual relationship outside marriage but what will hinder it from happening is the self control and willpower from both sides.

In most cases, men are always the culprit of infidelity and cheating.

For men, it is not about the beauty of their wives.

Because in some cases some men are very fortunate to get married to beautiful wives.

The beautiful wives may have the ‘front side’ and ‘back side’ in moderate size but men will still men.

The case of American celebrity couple, Rapper Jay Z and Beyonce comes to mind.

Despite, How beautiful Beyonce is, Jay Z disclosed he had cheated on her.

Now, the main question is why do many married men cheat?

Below are some of the reasons:

1. Sexual Dissatisfaction: One of the reason most men claim push them to cheating is because of sexual dissatisfaction.

They opine that their wives are not satisfying them sexually and they had no option than to look elsewhere.

2. Breakdown in communication link: A poor flow of communication in the family can make either of the two sides seek succour outside marriage.

Once there is a gap in communication link, most men tends to look outside.

3. Insecurities: Many men fear old age, most times they believe the women and themselves are aging fast.

And really no one wants to get old but whether we like it or not, it is inevitable.

Because of fear of getting old, most men turn to young ladies to supposedly ‘renew’ their aging blood.

4. Most men are polygamous in nature: This is one point most men who engage in cheating bounce on.

In fact men are polygamous in nature but it takes being faithful, self control and willpower to combat infidelity.

https://thrillngr.com/2018/03/31/infidelity-reasons-why-many-married-men-cheat/

5 Likes

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by GloriaNinja(f): 9:06pm On Mar 31, 2018
undecided MAINLY, MEN ARE POLYGAMOUS IN NATURE, WHETHER SEX SATISFACTION OR NOT. IT'S IN THE BLOOD OF MEN ESPECIALLY NIGERIAN MEN.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 31, 2018
The "Men are polygamous in nature " excuse is the most annoying of all.

There is no justifiable reason to cheat on your partner, all are excuses of a weak man!

88 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by Nobody: 9:26pm On Mar 31, 2018
People cheat because they want to cheat
Shikena
All of these are just excuses
Even armed robbers have excuses too

102 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by walepackage(m): 9:31pm On Mar 31, 2018
RuthDaniels:

There is no justifiable reason to cheat on your partner, all are excuses of a weak man!
you wont understand that quote due to the perspective you are seeing it from.But,the bitter truth is that its an innate trait in 'man' which its rooted from also the social milieu,personality formation and biological composition of the man.Thou,it can be tamed or control.But, its few men that can control the 'polygamous tendency' in them.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by HOLYDICK(m): 9:44pm On Mar 31, 2018
I didn't see any reason listed above to why women cheat... Yes men cheat no debate about dat.... But 21st century women are now taking the cheat to a whole new sophisticated level now dat even the devil cant even comprehend wats going on.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by Nobody: 10:22pm On Mar 31, 2018
walepackage:
you wont understand that quote due to the perspective you are seeing it from.But,the bitter truth is that its an innate trait in 'man' which its rooted from also the social milieu,personality formation and biological composition of the man.Thou,it can be tamed or control.But, its few men that can control the 'polygamous tendency' in them.
If you are referring to the ideologue :Men are moved by what they see, you may be right but then No sane Man should be controlled by what he sees.

Only a weak fellow with low self control will allow his mind wander off in the direction of what he sees.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by walepackage(m): 10:35pm On Mar 31, 2018
RuthDaniels:
If you are referring to the ideologue :Men are moved by what they see, you may be right but then No sane Man should be controlled by what he sees.

Only a weak fellow with low self control will allow his mind wander off in the direction of what he sees.
nope.I am talking about the quote of the first commenter which you countered against in your viewpoint.Inbetween,whats your own view of'weakling'

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by lenghtinny(m): 10:38pm On Mar 31, 2018
RuthDaniels:

So weak is now the opposite of real angry

5 Likes

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by Nobody: 10:43pm On Mar 31, 2018
walepackage:
nope.I am talking about the quote of the first commenter which you countered against in your viewpoint.Inbetween,whats your own view of'weakling'
Lol...We are talking about the same thing.. You tried to explain why men are polygamous in nature and I agreed to that with the "ideologue". Men are considered to be polygamous in nature because they are moved by what they see.

A weakling is one who has no control over his/her emotions, an undisciplined one who satisfy all urges even when he shouldn't. One who can not stay faithful to one partner. Such is a weakling!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by iRepNaija1: 10:43pm On Mar 31, 2018
HOLYDICK:
I didn't see any reason listed above to why women cheat... Yes men cheat no debate about dat.... But 21st century women are now taking the cheat to a whole new sophisticated level now dat even the devil cant even comprehend wats going on.

Then do a counter thread.

1 Like

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by Nobody: 10:47pm On Mar 31, 2018
lenghtinny:

So weak is now the opposite of real angry
Do you have a better adjective?

I would love to know tongue
Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by HOLYDICK(m): 10:54pm On Mar 31, 2018
iRepNaija1:

Then do a counter thread.

Nah!! every gender cheats no need
Women are gradually overtaking in the cheating game

7 Likes

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by lenghtinny(m): 10:57pm On Mar 31, 2018
RuthDaniels:
Do you have a better adjective?

I would love to know tongue

You tell me cheesy

I noticed female folks often use those two adjectives to qualify men in conversations involving relationships but you will never see men reciprocating such gesture angry

So much for gender equality tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by walepackage(m): 11:01pm On Mar 31, 2018
RuthDaniels:
Lol...We are talking about the same thing.. You tried to explain why men are polygamous in nature and I agreed to that with the "ideologue". Men are considered to be polygamous in nature because they are moved by what they see.

A weakling is one who has no control over his/her emotions, an undisciplined one who satisfy all urges even when he shouldn't. One who can not stay faithful to one partner. Such is a weakling!
now i got your stand point.You are so much on point.It takes an 'emotional balance and well control' man to stay years back-to-back in marriage without cheating with his spouse/partner.But,the sad truth is that most men dont fall into this 'ideal description'in reality.Just few.Thou,so many factors come into play as to ascertain the cause of their action in their respective ways.So do you see those men as a 'deal breaker' for you when in a relationship/married.
Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by Nobody: 11:11pm On Mar 31, 2018
walepackage:
now i got your stand point.You are so much on point.It takes an 'emotional balance and well control' man to stay years back-to-back in marriage without cheating with his spouse/partner.But,the sad truth is that most men dont fall into this 'ideal description'in reality.Just few.Thou,so many factors come into play as to ascertain the cause of their action in their respective ways.So do you see those men as a 'deal breaker' for you when in a relationship/married.
Not all men cheat.. that I know, that means some men have been able to overcome the so called polygamous nature of theirs and these men should be emulated.

Yes... A big deal breaker,the problem isn't forgiving him but trusting him again. I hardly trust, when I do, I trust deeply. Breaking that trust is like ending it all.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by Nobody: 11:19pm On Mar 31, 2018
lenghtinny:

You tell me cheesy

I noticed female folks often use those two adjectives to qualify men in conversations involving relationships but you will never see men reciprocating such gesture angry

So much for gender equality tongue
You will have to wait cheesy

That's because Ladies tend to be more civil, responsible, cultured and matured than Guys even when hurt. Guys would use derogatory words like biitches, whorres etc to quality ladies that cheat. Would you have us use "Only dogs cheat"?

I have never believed Men and Women are equal, I have always believed Men are babies while Women are their Mothers. Little wonder we always have to clean up your mess and even take the fault. tongue

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by dollyjoy(f): 11:24pm On Mar 31, 2018
I think all men cheat. Especially the married ones.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by walepackage(m): 11:24pm On Mar 31, 2018
RuthDaniels:
Not all men cheat.. that I know, that means some men have been able to overcome the so called polygamous nature of theirs and these men should be emulated.

Yes... A big deal breaker,the problem isn't forgiving him but trusting him again. I hardly trust, when I do, I trust deeply. Breaking that trust is like ending it all.
yes i agree with you"not all men cheat"but,they are just few in reality.But,i think with what you wrote above you can compromise in your viewpoint in order to stay in the relationship or marriage.
Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by Nobody: 11:27pm On Mar 31, 2018
walepackage:
yes i agree with you"not all men cheat"but,they are just few in reality.But,i think with what you wrote above you can compromise in your viewpoint in order to stay in the relationship or marriage.
Lol...

Not all men cheat.... Compromise is not needed smiley

2 Likes

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by lenghtinny(m): 11:28pm On Mar 31, 2018
RuthDaniels:
You will have to wait cheesy

That's because Ladies tend to be more civil, responsible, cultured and matured than Guys even when hurt. Guys would use derogatory words like biitches, whorres etc to quality ladies that cheat. Would you have us use "Only dogs cheat"?

I have never believed Men and Women are equal, I have always believed Men are babies while Women are their Mothers. Little wonder we always have to clean up your mess and even take the fault. tongue

What about the" Men are scum" and " Men are dogs" movements angry Are they transgenders?

By the way, the head can never be the tail and the tail can never be the head. Go figure tongue

2 Likes

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by NwaAmaikpe: 11:28pm On Mar 31, 2018
shocked

The ugly truth is; men must cheat.
If you are a man and you don't cheat then there's a problem.

Every man who has the opportunity and the resources to cheat must cheat.
And by resources I don't mean money. I mean a preek.

A man's preek must stand in admiration when he sees another nàked lady, a man must look back when a pretty woman walks past, a man must yearn to know how the woman next door's tunnel feels like. It's nature.

It is uncontrollable. Even pastors can't control it, born-agains can't....a preek can not get salvation.
If you can't get yourself to cheat, check your self-esteem.

The bible says we should go forth and multiply.
You can't multiply with only one woman, you only add with one woman.
This makes me believe that any man who dies with a bodycount of less than 80 is at risk of going to hellfire for disobedience.
But if you must cheat, cheat with a married woman.

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by LotannaAnaekwe: 11:28pm On Mar 31, 2018
The way married women cheat these days, one would think they are all going mad all at once. Women cheat more than men now.

7 Likes

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by Dollyak(f): 11:28pm On Mar 31, 2018
Interesting.
Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by adetes: 11:30pm On Mar 31, 2018
Its Natural
Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by veacea: 11:30pm On Mar 31, 2018
Okay
Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by Mayydayy(m): 11:30pm On Mar 31, 2018
I use to say to myself.I will never do it.now am afraid am becoming like my father.it wasn't my mum's fault.but now I understand my father.

As a man.never say never.

10 Likes

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by 1Sharon(f): 11:31pm On Mar 31, 2018
The hardest thing about cheating, is not cheating.

2 Likes

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by Nobody: 11:31pm On Mar 31, 2018
We are polygamous in nature, that's it.

1 Like

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by dadabashua1(m): 11:31pm On Mar 31, 2018
GloriaNinja:
undecided MAINLY, MEN ARE POLYGAMOUS IN NATURE, WHETHER SEX SATISFACTION OR NOT. IT'S IN THE BLOOD OF MEN ESPECIALLY NIGERIAN MEN.
trust me it's not just Nigerian men... I bliv if there is a chat of cheating men world wide Nigerian men won't be topping that list... take it easy on Naija men bikonu

1 Like

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by Nobody: 11:32pm On Mar 31, 2018
lenghtinny:

What about the" Men are scum" and " Men are dogs" movements angry Are they transgenders?

By the way, the head can never be the tail and the tail can never be the head. Go figure tongue
Lol

You don't see me scream that do you? Perception smiley

If I were you, I wouldn't believe that. The world is revolving smiley

1 Like

Re: Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat by Teenaba(f): 11:32pm On Mar 31, 2018
shocked Waiting for Nwamaikpe.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

#bbnaija – Teddy A And Bam Bam Loved Up In New Photos / Even Broke Guys Are Shouting I Stand With Sex Doll / She Cheated On Me Again and now she is threatening me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.